Short Answer Key
1. Sontag mentions many factors which influence the way audiences receive war photography. Which of the following was NOT one of those factors?
2. In discussing the difference gender makes in perceptions of war, Sontag agrees with which of the following authors?
3. Which Virginia Woolf book does Sontag discuss in detail?
4. According to Sontag, why do images of atrocities fail to convey a singular, universal message?
They require context and explanation.
5. Audiences may question the veracity of photographs because:
Images can be staged or manipulated.
6. Sontag references an agreement in which the United States, France, Great Britain, Germany, Italy and Japan came together to renounce war. What is the name of this agreement?
Kellogg-Briad Pact of 1928.
7. Sontag lists many effects of photographs depicting war victims. Which of the following was not one of the effects...
This section contains 3,799 words|
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)