|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which technological advancement changed the way war was photographed after World War I?
(a) Lightweight cameras.
(b) Lighting equipment.
2. Sontag argues that which of the following effects keeps the television viewer's attention "light", "mobile" and fairly "indifferent" to the images on the screen?
(d) Media coverage.
3. Sontag references an agreement in which the United States, France, Great Britain, Germany, Italy and Japan came together to renounce war. What is the name of this agreement?
(a) The Treaty of Versailles.
(b) The Non-Aggression Pact of 1937.
(c) The Treaty of Brandenburg.
(d) Kellogg-Briad Pact of 1928.
4. In portraying horrors, Leonardo da Vinci encouraged artists to be:
5. Restrictions on media coverage of the British campaign in the Falklands was notable for which of the following reasons?
(a) They allowed only government-sponsored journalists.
(b) They were stricter than any censorship since the Crimean War.
(c) They opened the event to full-scale television coverage.
(d) They prohibited foreign journalists from covering the story.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sontag cites one of her earlier books published in 1977. Which of the following is it?
2. In discussing the difference gender makes in perceptions of war, Sontag agrees with which of the following authors?
3. Sontag claims that Bataille could see extreme pain as a form of __________.
4. Sontag argues that we are most disappointed to discover that which type of photographs have been staged?
5. Sontag cites William Hazlitt's claim that sympathy is no more a part of human nature than is which of the following?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)