|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sontag lists which of the following as images that the artist "takes"?
2. Which of the following included close-up images of soldiers wounded by war in his/her 1938 film?
(b) Ernst Friedrich.
(c) Virginia Woolf.
(d) Abel Gance.
3. Krieg dem Kriege contains images captioned in which four languages?
(a) German, French, English and Japanese.
(b) German, French, Dutch and English.
(c) German, French, English and Spanish.
(d) German, French, English and Russian.
4. It was generally thought that public awareness was largely guided by which of the following?
(a) Educational programming.
(b) Media coverage.
(c) Book industry.
(d) Government propaganda.
5. Sontag corrects her earlier argument by claiming that which of the following is eroded by modern media saturation?
(a) Human empathy.
(b) Sense of reality.
(c) Human decency.
(d) Sense of urgency.
Short Answer Questions
1. In its early days, photography was thought to:
2. Sontag criticizes American portrayals of U.S. military strategy, saying that war museums do not emphasize which of the following?
3. Which of the following is true about representations of the dead or dying in American media?
4. Sontag argues that the photograph, unlike the written word, is:
5. Sontag argues that Goya's "The Disasters of War" was a turning point in the depiction of suffering. What does she cite as her reason?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)