|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the location of the Golden Spike called?
2. How did the thing Terry cooked for Hank's birthday turn out?
3. What about Diane did Terry say was accelerated in the Magpie chapter?
4. What holiday did Diane hope to make it through with her new IV?
5. What was Diane tired of after her second intestinal surgery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What disease did Mimi suffer from, and what treatment did she get?
2. Why did Terry take Diane to the desert?
3. Why did Terry go to the Abbey?
4. What did Terry say about how cancer patients die?
5. What happened while Terry was on the Native American excursion?
6. What happened in the Canada Geese chapter?
7. Why was seeing the comet so special to Terry?
8. What happened during the family portrait after the hike near Brighton?
9. What did Dian have a surgery for after the family portrait?
10. How did Terry and Diane spend their evening after being in the desert?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
How did Terry deal with the sadness of her mother's death, and what does this reveal about her personality?
Essay Topic 3
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)