|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was given to Diane in an IV to give her a few extra months?
2. How tall was the concrete building in the desert?
3. What bird banged on Terry's window?
4. What kind of bird did Terry feed at the Abbey?
5. Who gave Terry a ride home while she was on the Native American excursion?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Terry and Diane spend their evening after being in the desert?
2. What happened in the Canada Geese chapter?
3. What did Diane do when she started to get more uncomfortable every day?
4. What did Terry do for her mother on her hike near Brighton?
5. What did Terry think when Diane shared some childhood memories on her anniversary?
6. What was most touching to Terry on the Christmas when Diane had a glucose IV?
7. What happened during the family portrait after the hike near Brighton?
8. What is the Golden Spike?
9. What realization did Terry have at the Abbey?
10. What did Terry say about how cancer patients die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Terry write so much about cancer at the end of the book? What message was she trying to send here?
Essay Topic 2
What happened to Terry in Dark Canyon, and how did this alter the rest of her life?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that people involved in those situations?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)