|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who paved Emigration Canyon Road?
2. What did Terry find along Bear River Bay?
3. What record was set in the Western Tanager chapter?
4. What did Terry cook for the first time for Hank's birthday?
5. What did Terry realize while at the Abbey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is historically significant about Emigration Canyon Road?
2. What happened to Terry at the Escalante River?
3. What did Terry say about how cancer patients die?
4. What happened in the Canada Geese chapter?
5. What did Terry do for her mother on her hike near Brighton?
6. What did the magpies disrupt in Terry's life?
7. What did Diane do when she started to get more uncomfortable every day?
8. Why did Terry take Diane to the desert?
9. What realization did Terry have at the Abbey?
10. What was most touching to Terry on the Christmas when Diane had a glucose IV?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Which person did you relate to the most in this book? Why is this? How did this person change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Diane refuse medical treatment, and what effect did this have on her family?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)