|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of geese is used as a chapter title in this book?
2. What is unique about the curlews near the Golden Spike?
3. What did Diane talk about on Terry's anniversary?
4. How many relatives turned out to the holiday in the Great Horned Owl chapter?
5. Where did Terry see the flock of magpies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is historically significant about Emigration Canyon Road?
2. What did Diane try to convince her family to do when she was given one year left to live?
3. Why did Terry go to the Abbey?
4. What was most touching to Terry on the Christmas when Diane had a glucose IV?
5. Why was seeing the comet so special to Terry?
6. What did Terry do on Hank's birthday for the dinner, and why?
7. What did Terry do for her mother on her hike near Brighton?
8. What happened to Terry at the Escalante River?
9. What did Diane say after her second intestinal surgery?
10. What did Terry see at Telegraph Cove?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that people involved in those situations?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Terry write so much about cancer at the end of the book? What message was she trying to send here?
Essay Topic 3
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)