|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Terry do at Telegraph Cove?
2. What did the magpie flock keep Terry from doing?
3. What holiday was held in the Great Horned Owl chapter?
4. What record was set in the Western Tanager chapter?
5. What age was the group Terry took on a Native American excursion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Terry say about how cancer patients die?
2. What gift did Diane get for Terry when she moved to Emigration Canyon Road?
3. What did Diane do when she started to get more uncomfortable every day?
4. How did Terry and Diane spend their evening after being in the desert?
5. What disease did Mimi suffer from, and what treatment did she get?
6. What did Diane try to convince her family to do when she was given one year left to live?
7. What is historically significant about Emigration Canyon Road?
8. What did Terry do for her mother on her hike near Brighton?
9. What realization did Terry have at the Abbey?
10. What did Terry think when Diane shared some childhood memories on her anniversary?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Terry endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Diane refuse medical treatment, and what effect did this have on her family?
Essay Topic 3
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the people involved?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)