|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Diane and Terry make a pact about?
2. What kind of geese is used as a chapter title in this book?
3. Who found the great horned owl feather?
4. Where did Terry see the flock of magpies?
5. What kind of scientists did Terry work with at Silver Island?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Terry do for her mother on her hike near Brighton?
2. Why did Terry go to the Abbey?
3. How did Terry and Diane spend their evening after being in the desert?
4. What happened to Terry at the Escalante River?
5. What did the magpies disrupt in Terry's life?
6. What realization did Terry have at the Abbey?
7. What did Diane say after her second intestinal surgery?
8. What did Terry do on Hank's birthday for the dinner, and why?
9. What did Dian have a surgery for after the family portrait?
10. What did Terry see at Telegraph Cove?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which person did you relate to the most in this book? Why is this? How did this person change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Diane refuse medical treatment, and what effect did this have on her family?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of people. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the people in the book?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)