|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Mimi's cancer treated?
2. Who gave a touching toast at Christmas?
3. Whose house hosted the holiday in the Great Horned Owl chapter?
4. Who went with Terry to Telegraph Cove?
5. How much money did Terry bring for the slot machine at the casino?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened while Terry was on the Native American excursion?
2. What did the magpies disrupt in Terry's life?
3. What happened to Terry at the Escalante River?
4. What happened during the family portrait after the hike near Brighton?
5. What gift did Diane get for Terry when she moved to Emigration Canyon Road?
6. What was most touching to Terry on the Christmas when Diane had a glucose IV?
7. What did Diane do when she started to get more uncomfortable every day?
8. Why did Terry go to the Abbey?
9. What did Terry do on Hank's birthday for the dinner, and why?
10. Why did Terry take Diane to the desert?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the different birds spoken of in this book, and what significance do they have in the author's life?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the examples of comic relief in this book, and how do they affect the tone of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Terry write so much about cancer at the end of the book? What message was she trying to send here?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)