|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the LDS church pray for on May 5, 1986?
2. Who paved Emigration Canyon Road?
3. Which desert did Terry want her mother to visit with her?
4. What did Terry use to help with Diane's pain?
5. What did Diane give Terry as a housewarming gift when she moved to Emigration Canyon Road?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened during the family portrait after the hike near Brighton?
2. What did Diane do when she started to get more uncomfortable every day?
3. What did Terry say about how cancer patients die?
4. Why did Terry take Diane to the desert?
5. What gift did Diane get for Terry when she moved to Emigration Canyon Road?
6. What is the Golden Spike?
7. What did Terry do on Hank's birthday for the dinner, and why?
8. What did Diane try to convince her family to do when she was given one year left to live?
9. What did Dian have a surgery for after the family portrait?
10. Why was seeing the comet so special to Terry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which person did you relate to the most in this book? Why is this? How did this person change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the people involved?
Essay Topic 3
Terry endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)