|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What age was the group Terry took on a Native American excursion?
2. What did the LDS church pray for on May 5, 1986?
3. Who told Terry about the comet she got to see?
4. What anniversary did Terry celebrate in the Western Tanager chapter?
5. What did Terry say happened to her as her mother died of cancer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Diane do when she started to get more uncomfortable every day?
2. Why did Terry go to the Abbey?
3. What was most touching to Terry on the Christmas when Diane had a glucose IV?
4. What did Terry do on Hank's birthday for the dinner, and why?
5. What realization did Terry have at the Abbey?
6. What happened in the Canada Geese chapter?
7. Why did Terry take Diane to the desert?
8. What happened during the family portrait after the hike near Brighton?
9. What did Terry say about how cancer patients die?
10. What did Terry think when Diane shared some childhood memories on her anniversary?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of people. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the people in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Diane refuse medical treatment, and what effect did this have on her family?
Essay Topic 3
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the people involved?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)