|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom did Terry say the Bear River belonged?
2. Why was there a concrete building in the desert?
3. What was given to Diane in an IV to give her a few extra months?
4. How tall was the concrete building in the desert?
5. What record was set in the Western Tanager chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Terry see at Telegraph Cove?
2. What did Dian have a surgery for after the family portrait?
3. What happened during the family portrait after the hike near Brighton?
4. Why was seeing the comet so special to Terry?
5. What gift did Diane get for Terry when she moved to Emigration Canyon Road?
6. What happened to Terry at the Escalante River?
7. What is the Golden Spike?
8. How did Terry and Diane spend their evening after being in the desert?
9. What did Diane do when she started to get more uncomfortable every day?
10. What happened while Terry was on the Native American excursion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the different birds spoken of in this book, and what significance do they have in the author's life?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
How did Terry deal with the sadness of her mother's death, and what does this reveal about her personality?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)