|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Terry's husband?
2. How many pounds did Diane lose after her second intestinal surgery?
3. What anniversary did Terry celebrate in the Western Tanager chapter?
4. What kind of bird did Terry feed at the Abbey?
5. What did Terry cook for the first time for Hank's birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What realization did Terry have at the Abbey?
2. What gift did Diane get for Terry when she moved to Emigration Canyon Road?
3. What did Terry do for her mother on her hike near Brighton?
4. What did Terry do on Hank's birthday for the dinner, and why?
5. What did Terry say about how cancer patients die?
6. What did Terry think when Diane shared some childhood memories on her anniversary?
7. What happened while Terry was on the Native American excursion?
8. Why was seeing the comet so special to Terry?
9. What happened during the family portrait after the hike near Brighton?
10. What did Diane try to convince her family to do when she was given one year left to live?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the people involved?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the people most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)