|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gave a touching toast at Christmas?
2. What did Terry use to help with Diane's pain?
3. How much money did Terry bring for the slot machine at the casino?
4. How did the thing Terry cooked for Hank's birthday turn out?
5. To what lake near Brighton did Terry hike?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in the Canada Geese chapter?
2. What disease did Mimi suffer from, and what treatment did she get?
3. What gift did Diane get for Terry when she moved to Emigration Canyon Road?
4. What is the Golden Spike?
5. What was most touching to Terry on the Christmas when Diane had a glucose IV?
6. Why did Terry go to the Abbey?
7. What did Diane try to convince her family to do when she was given one year left to live?
8. What did Terry do for her mother on her hike near Brighton?
9. What happened to Terry at the Escalante River?
10. What did Terry think when Diane shared some childhood memories on her anniversary?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Power and greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of people. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the people in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Diane refuse medical treatment, and what effect did this have on her family?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)