|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Terry do when watching the curlews near the Golden Spike?
2. Why was there a concrete building in the desert?
3. What kind of geese is used as a chapter title in this book?
4. What did the LDS church pray for on May 5, 1986?
5. What did Terry find along Bear River Bay?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened while Terry was on the Native American excursion?
2. What realization did Terry have at the Abbey?
3. What happened in the Canada Geese chapter?
4. What was most touching to Terry on the Christmas when Diane had a glucose IV?
5. What gift did Diane get for Terry when she moved to Emigration Canyon Road?
6. What happened to Terry at the Escalante River?
7. What did Terry say about how cancer patients die?
8. What did Diane try to convince her family to do when she was given one year left to live?
9. What is historically significant about Emigration Canyon Road?
10. What did Terry think when Diane shared some childhood memories on her anniversary?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the different birds spoken of in this book, and what significance do they have in the author's life?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Terry write so much about cancer at the end of the book? What message was she trying to send here?
Essay Topic 3
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)