|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who paved Emigration Canyon Road?
2. What did Diane and Terry make a pact about?
3. How was Mimi's cancer treated?
4. What did Terry do at Telegraph Cove?
5. How many monks were at the Abbey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Terry at the Escalante River?
2. What did Terry do on Hank's birthday for the dinner, and why?
3. What happened during the family portrait after the hike near Brighton?
4. What did Diane try to convince her family to do when she was given one year left to live?
5. What was most touching to Terry on the Christmas when Diane had a glucose IV?
6. What is historically significant about Emigration Canyon Road?
7. What happened in the Canada Geese chapter?
8. What is the Golden Spike?
9. What gift did Diane get for Terry when she moved to Emigration Canyon Road?
10. How did Terry and Diane spend their evening after being in the desert?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Diane refuse medical treatment, and what effect did this have on her family?
Essay Topic 2
Which person did you relate to the most in this book? Why is this? How did this person change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that people involved in those situations?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)