|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was there a concrete building in the desert?
2. Who told Diane she had many years left to live?
3. Who went with Terry while Mimi got her cancer treatment?
4. How did the thing Terry cooked for Hank's birthday turn out?
5. What did Terry do to keep the magpies from bothering her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Terry and Diane spend their evening after being in the desert?
2. Why did Terry go to the Abbey?
3. What happened to Terry at the Escalante River?
4. What did Terry think when Diane shared some childhood memories on her anniversary?
5. What disease did Mimi suffer from, and what treatment did she get?
6. What happened during the family portrait after the hike near Brighton?
7. What gift did Diane get for Terry when she moved to Emigration Canyon Road?
8. What did Dian have a surgery for after the family portrait?
9. What did Diane do when she started to get more uncomfortable every day?
10. Why did Terry take Diane to the desert?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Diane refuse medical treatment, and what effect did this have on her family?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the different birds spoken of in this book, and what significance do they have in the author's life?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the examples of comic relief in this book, and how do they affect the tone of the plot?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)