|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Diane tired of after her second intestinal surgery?
2. What record was set in the Western Tanager chapter?
3. What flower did Terry pick for her mother near Brighton?
4. What was given to Diane in an IV to give her a few extra months?
5. What did Terry do to keep the magpies from bothering her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Terry take Diane to the desert?
2. Why did Terry go to the Abbey?
3. What did Terry do for her mother on her hike near Brighton?
4. What happened to Terry at the Escalante River?
5. What did Terry think when Diane shared some childhood memories on her anniversary?
6. What did Terry say about how cancer patients die?
7. What is historically significant about Emigration Canyon Road?
8. What happened in the Canada Geese chapter?
9. What did Dian have a surgery for after the family portrait?
10. What is the Golden Spike?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some things you learned about the Mormon church while reading this book?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the people involved?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the different birds spoken of in this book, and what significance do they have in the author's life?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)