|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Terry go while Mimi's cancer was treated?
2. Who found the great horned owl feather?
3. What kind of geese is used as a chapter title in this book?
4. What did Terry feel while standing next to the river in the Meadowlarks chapter?
5. What kind of cancer did Mimi have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Terry see at Telegraph Cove?
2. What did Terry do on Hank's birthday for the dinner, and why?
3. Why was seeing the comet so special to Terry?
4. What is historically significant about Emigration Canyon Road?
5. What did Terry think when Diane shared some childhood memories on her anniversary?
6. What did Terry do for her mother on her hike near Brighton?
7. What happened during the family portrait after the hike near Brighton?
8. How did Terry and Diane spend their evening after being in the desert?
9. What did Diane say after her second intestinal surgery?
10. What did Dian have a surgery for after the family portrait?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of people. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the people in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Terry presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the people around her?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Terry write so much about cancer at the end of the book? What message was she trying to send here?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)