|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Diane tired of after her second intestinal surgery?
2. What did Terry do when watching the curlews near the Golden Spike?
3. How many pounds did Diane lose after her second intestinal surgery?
4. How did Terry get contacted while on a Native American excursion?
5. What did the magpie flock keep Terry from doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened while Terry was on the Native American excursion?
2. What did Diane try to convince her family to do when she was given one year left to live?
3. What realization did Terry have at the Abbey?
4. What happened to Terry at the Escalante River?
5. What gift did Diane get for Terry when she moved to Emigration Canyon Road?
6. What did Diane say after her second intestinal surgery?
7. What was most touching to Terry on the Christmas when Diane had a glucose IV?
8. What happened during the family portrait after the hike near Brighton?
9. What did Dian have a surgery for after the family portrait?
10. What did Terry see at Telegraph Cove?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Terry write so much about cancer at the end of the book? What message was she trying to send here?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Diane refuse medical treatment, and what effect did this have on her family?
Essay Topic 3
How did Terry deal with the sadness of her mother's death, and what does this reveal about her personality?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)