|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Diane and Terry make a pact about?
2. What did Terry feel while standing next to the river in the Meadowlarks chapter?
3. To whom did Terry say the Bear River belonged?
4. Where did Terry see the flock of magpies?
5. Where did Terry go while Mimi's cancer was treated?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Diane do when she started to get more uncomfortable every day?
2. What did Terry say about how cancer patients die?
3. What did the magpies disrupt in Terry's life?
4. What did Terry see at Telegraph Cove?
5. What did Diane try to convince her family to do when she was given one year left to live?
6. What did Terry do for her mother on her hike near Brighton?
7. What realization did Terry have at the Abbey?
8. What happened in the Canada Geese chapter?
9. What did Diane say after her second intestinal surgery?
10. Why did Terry take Diane to the desert?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that people involved in those situations?
Essay Topic 2
What was Terry's profession, and how did this shape her daily decisions?
Essay Topic 3
Terry endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)