|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Terry cook something for the first time for Hank's birthday?
2. Which desert did Terry want her mother to visit with her?
3. Who went with Terry to Telegraph Cove?
4. How tall was the concrete building in the desert?
5. How was Mimi's cancer treated?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in the Canada Geese chapter?
2. Why did Terry take Diane to the desert?
3. What did Diane say after her second intestinal surgery?
4. What was most touching to Terry on the Christmas when Diane had a glucose IV?
5. Why did Terry go to the Abbey?
6. What is historically significant about Emigration Canyon Road?
7. What did Terry think when Diane shared some childhood memories on her anniversary?
8. Why was seeing the comet so special to Terry?
9. What happened during the family portrait after the hike near Brighton?
10. What did Terry do for her mother on her hike near Brighton?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some things you learned about the Mormon church while reading this book?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Terry write so much about cancer at the end of the book? What message was she trying to send here?
Essay Topic 3
Belonging and security were two themes present in this book. Where did these themes appear, and which people were most motivated by them?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)