|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bird banged on Terry's window?
2. What is the location of the Golden Spike called?
3. Who gave Terry a ride home while she was on the Native American excursion?
4. What did Terry say happened to her as her mother died of cancer?
5. What kind of religious meeting was Terry a speaker at in the Magpie chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Terry go to the Abbey?
2. What realization did Terry have at the Abbey?
3. What is historically significant about Emigration Canyon Road?
4. What did Diane try to convince her family to do when she was given one year left to live?
5. What did Terry say about how cancer patients die?
6. What did Terry do for her mother on her hike near Brighton?
7. What did Diane say after her second intestinal surgery?
8. What happened while Terry was on the Native American excursion?
9. What is the Golden Spike?
10. What did Diane do when she started to get more uncomfortable every day?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Diane refuse medical treatment, and what effect did this have on her family?
Essay Topic 2
Which person did you relate to the most in this book? Why is this? How did this person change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)