|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Diane know with a brain tumor?
2. What information did the author give at the beginning of each chapter?
3. Where did the activities in this book take place?
4. How many species of birds use the refuge?
5. Why does the author describe the Great Salt Lake in the way she does?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Terry compare the pelican fishing to?
2. What was the government trying to do in the chapter entitled Redheads?
3. What did Terry do when she saw a dead swan?
4. What medical procedure did Terry undergo while her mother was in radiation?
5. What did the author discuss at the beginning of the chapter entitled Peregrine Falcon?
6. What did Terry love about Gunnison Island?
7. What did the author do at the dump when she went there?
8. What was the United Order?
9. What was the big news in the Yellow Headed Blackbird chapter?
10. What did the author compare starlings to, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happened to Terry in Dark Canyon, and how did this alter the rest of her life?
Essay Topic 2
Terry presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the people around her?
Essay Topic 3
Which person did you relate to the most in this book? Why is this? How did this person change throughout the book?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)