|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many options were available when the lake exceeded the limits?
2. In 1985, half a million ____________________ were purchased.
3. What did the author compare the Great Salt Lake to?
4. What was Diane always at one with according to her daughter?
5. Who wrote "God Sees the Truth but Waits"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the author take such a deep interest in nature?
2. What is similar in each chapter of this book?
3. What was the big news in the Yellow Headed Blackbird chapter?
4. What did Terry compare the pelican fishing to?
5. What did the author and her mother do when they got news of the tumor?
6. What did the author talk about at the beginning of the chapter entitled Barn Swallows?
7. What did the author discuss at the beginning of the chapter entitled Peregrine Falcon?
8. What did Terry do with her mother in the Killdeer chapter?
9. What did Terry think about while at the funeral of a family friend?
10. What did the author do at the dump when she went there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the different birds spoken of in this book, and what significance do they have in the author's life?
Essay Topic 2
Terry presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the people around her?
Essay Topic 3
Belonging and security were two themes present in this book. Where did these themes appear, and which people were most motivated by them?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)