|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the author working during her mother's chemotherapy treatments?
2. What makes the Great Salt Lake freezable?
3. What is the first chapter called?
4. In what season do the Great Salt Lake levels rise?
5. How many options were available when the lake exceeded the limits?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Terry ask Mimi to do after she died?
2. What happened in the Canada Geese chapter?
3. Why did the author take such a deep interest in nature?
4. Why was Chapter 7 entitled Peregrine Falcon?
5. What was the big news in the Yellow Headed Blackbird chapter?
6. What did Terry do on Hank's birthday for the dinner, and why?
7. What did Terry think when Diane shared some childhood memories on her anniversary?
8. What did Terry do with her mother in the Killdeer chapter?
9. What is similar in each chapter of this book?
10. What did the author discuss at the beginning of the chapter entitled Peregrine Falcon?
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of people. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the people in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Terry endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Diane and Terry are two very similar people, and yet they have some very notable and important differences. Using the text to cite some support and, write a compare/contrast essay about these two characters.
This section contains 1,029 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)