|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the author working during her mother's chemotherapy treatments?
2. What makes the Great Salt Lake freezable?
3. What is the first chapter called?
4. In what season do the Great Salt Lake levels rise?
5. How many options were available when the lake exceeded the limits?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Terry ask Mimi to do after she died?
2. What happened in the Canada Geese chapter?
3. Why did the author take such a deep interest in nature?
4. Why was Chapter 7 entitled Peregrine Falcon?
5. What was the big news in the Yellow Headed Blackbird chapter?
6. What did Terry do on Hank's birthday for the dinner, and why?
7. What did Terry think when Diane shared some childhood memories on her anniversary?
8. What did Terry do with her mother in the Killdeer chapter?
9. What is similar in each chapter of this book?
10. What did the author discuss at the beginning of the chapter entitled Peregrine Falcon?
Essay Topic 1
Terry presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism affect the people around her?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of people. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the people in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the people involved?
This section contains 1,029 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)