|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Terry say should be used to catch the outlaw in Chapter 8?
2. How old was the author when she joined the Audubon Society?
3. Why was the author surprised when her mother agreed to use chemotherapy?
4. How did Diane communicate with the person she knew with a brain tumor?
5. What climate did the author learn about while in the Audubon Society?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Terry do with her mother in the Killdeer chapter?
2. Why did the author take such a deep interest in nature?
3. What was the United Order?
4. Why was Chapter 7 entitled Peregrine Falcon?
5. What was the big news in the Yellow Headed Blackbird chapter?
6. What did Terry do when she saw a dead swan?
7. What did Terry think about while at the funeral of a family friend?
8. What is similar in each chapter of this book?
9. What did the author do at the dump when she went there?
10. How do burrowing owls usually make their homes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
What are some things you learned about the Mormon church while reading this book?
Essay Topic 3
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)