|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the Great Salt Lake freezable?
2. What kind of gulls were used as a chapter title?
3. What chance of survival did Diane have during radiation?
4. What was the third option for when the lake exceeded the limits?
5. What were all the chapters in this first section named after?
Short Essay Questions
1. What caused the LDS prophet to end church meetings one Sunday?
2. Why was Chapter 7 entitled Peregrine Falcon?
3. What did the author do at the dump when she went there?
4. What is similar in each chapter of this book?
5. How did Terry feel when birds were displaced from the refuge?
6. What happened at Fish Springs?
7. Why didn't Diane ever come to love birds?
8. What did the author talk about at the beginning of the chapter entitled Barn Swallows?
9. What did Terry do with her mother in the Killdeer chapter?
10. What did Terry compare the pelican fishing to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happened to Terry in Dark Canyon, and how did this alter the rest of her life?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the examples of comic relief in this book, and how do they affect the tone of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of people. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the people in the book?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)