|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Diane feel when she heard what her survival rate was during radiation?
2. Why does the author describe the Great Salt Lake in the way she does?
3. Why did the author go somewhere after her mother's surgery?
4. What climate did the author learn about while in the Audubon Society?
5. In 1985, half a million ____________________ were purchased.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Terry ask Mimi to do after she died?
2. Why did the author say she liked to go to the dump?
3. What is the Golden Spike?
4. What gift did Diane get for Terry when she moved to Emigration Canyon Road?
5. What did Terry say about how cancer patients die?
6. What did the author talk about at the beginning of the chapter entitled Barn Swallows?
7. What did the author compare starlings to, and why?
8. Why didn't Diane ever come to love birds?
9. What did the author do at the dump when she went there?
10. What happened to Terry at the Escalante River?
Essay Topic 1
What was Terry's profession, and how did this shape her daily decisions?
Essay Topic 2
Power and greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
What are some things you learned about the Mormon church while reading this book?
This section contains 1,037 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)