|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What enraged Diane when she was ill?
2. Why did Terry compare someone to Antelope Island?
3. What chance of survival did Diane have during radiation?
4. What did the author test about the Great Salt Lake?
5. What did the author compare the Great Salt Lake to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the author discuss at the beginning of the chapter entitled Peregrine Falcon?
2. What was the government trying to do in the chapter entitled Redheads?
3. What did Terry do when she saw a dead swan?
4. Why didn't Diane ever come to love birds?
5. How did Terry feel when birds were displaced from the refuge?
6. What did the author and her mother do when they got news of the tumor?
7. What did the author compare her mother to during her chemotherapy treatment?
8. What did Terry think about while at the funeral of a family friend?
9. What did the author talk about at the beginning of the chapter entitled Barn Swallows?
10. What did the author do at the dump when she went there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the examples of comic relief in this book, and how do they affect the tone of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the people most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Power and greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)