|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Diane feel when she heard what her survival rate was during radiation?
2. When did the author usually speak to her mother?
3. What is the first chapter called?
4. Where did the activities in this book take place?
5. Where did Diane live mostly while in chemotherapy treatments?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the big news in the Yellow Headed Blackbird chapter?
2. What was the United Order?
3. What caused the LDS prophet to end church meetings one Sunday?
4. What did Terry compare the pelican fishing to?
5. What did Terry do when she saw a dead swan?
6. Why was Chapter 7 entitled Peregrine Falcon?
7. How do burrowing owls usually make their homes?
8. What did the author discuss at the beginning of the chapter entitled Peregrine Falcon?
9. What did Terry do with her mother in the Killdeer chapter?
10. What did Terry think about while at the funeral of a family friend?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the people involved?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that people involved in those situations?
Essay Topic 3
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)