|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author say she gauged her life by?
2. How old was the author when she joined the Audubon Society?
3. Who wrote "God Sees the Truth but Waits"?
4. What did the author's family do for vacations when she was a child?
5. Where was the author working during her mother's chemotherapy treatments?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the author do at the dump when she went there?
2. What medical procedure did Terry undergo while her mother was in radiation?
3. What did the author compare her mother to during her chemotherapy treatment?
4. What happened at Fish Springs?
5. What did the author compare starlings to, and why?
6. What caused the LDS prophet to end church meetings one Sunday?
7. What was the big news in the Yellow Headed Blackbird chapter?
8. Why did the author say she liked to go to the dump?
9. What is similar in each chapter of this book?
10. What did Terry love about Gunnison Island?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Terry endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that people involved in those situations?
Essay Topic 3
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the people involved?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)