|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the author surprised when her mother agreed to use chemotherapy?
2. What surprised the men at Antelope Island about Terry?
3. Who loved birds more than Terry did?
4. In what season do the Great Salt Lake levels lower?
5. What chance of survival did Diane have during radiation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Chapter 7 entitled Peregrine Falcon?
2. What medical procedure did Terry undergo while her mother was in radiation?
3. What did the author and her mother do when they got news of the tumor?
4. What is similar in each chapter of this book?
5. What was the United Order?
6. What did Terry compare the pelican fishing to?
7. How did Terry feel when birds were displaced from the refuge?
8. Why did the author say she liked to go to the dump?
9. What did Terry love about Gunnison Island?
10. Why did the author take such a deep interest in nature?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Diane refuse medical treatment, and what effect did this have on her family?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the people involved?
Essay Topic 3
What are some things you learned about the Mormon church while reading this book?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)