|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprised the men at Antelope Island about Terry?
2. What climate did the author learn about while in the Audubon Society?
3. What causes the Great Salt Lake levels to rise?
4. How did Diane feel when she heard what her survival rate was during radiation?
5. How long did Terry's mother's doctor want to put her on radiation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened at Fish Springs?
2. Why didn't Diane ever come to love birds?
3. What did the author and her mother do when they got news of the tumor?
4. What was the big news in the Yellow Headed Blackbird chapter?
5. What did the author compare her mother to during her chemotherapy treatment?
6. What did Terry do when she saw a dead swan?
7. What was the government trying to do in the chapter entitled Redheads?
8. What medical procedure did Terry undergo while her mother was in radiation?
9. What did Terry love about Gunnison Island?
10. What did the author talk about at the beginning of the chapter entitled Barn Swallows?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Terry endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the people most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)