|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Terry want to communicate with in the Pink Flamingos chapter?
2. Where did Diane go swimming while she was still sick?
3. What causes the Great Salt Lake levels to rise?
4. In what season do the Great Salt Lake levels lower?
5. Where did the author go after her mother's surgery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in the Canada Geese chapter?
2. What realization did Terry have at the Abbey?
3. What was most touching to Terry on the Christmas when Diane had a glucose IV?
4. What did Terry love about Gunnison Island?
5. What did the author talk about at the beginning of the chapter entitled Barn Swallows?
6. What did the author discuss at the beginning of the chapter entitled Peregrine Falcon?
7. How did Terry feel when her mother died?
8. What is the Golden Spike?
9. Why didn't Diane ever come to love birds?
10. How did Terry and Diane spend their evening after being in the desert?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Diane refuse medical treatment, and what effect did this have on her family?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of people. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the people in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Terry endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)