|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first chapter called?
2. How old was the author when she joined the Audubon Society?
3. In what season do the Great Salt Lake levels lower?
4. What was the third option for when the lake exceeded the limits?
5. To whom did Terry compare Antelope Island?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do burrowing owls usually make their homes?
2. What was the big news in the Yellow Headed Blackbird chapter?
3. What did Terry do when she saw a dead swan?
4. How did Terry feel when birds were displaced from the refuge?
5. What did the author compare starlings to, and why?
6. What happened at Fish Springs?
7. What is similar in each chapter of this book?
8. What caused the LDS prophet to end church meetings one Sunday?
9. Why did the author say she liked to go to the dump?
10. What was the United Order?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happened to Terry in Dark Canyon, and how did this alter the rest of her life?
Essay Topic 2
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the examples of comic relief in this book, and how do they affect the tone of the plot?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)