|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the depths of the Great Salt Lake to change?
2. In 1985, half a million ____________________ were purchased.
3. How did Diane communicate with the person she knew with a brain tumor?
4. How did Diane feel when she heard what her survival rate was during radiation?
5. How many species of birds use the refuge?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is similar in each chapter of this book?
2. What happened at Fish Springs?
3. Why was seeing the comet so special to Terry?
4. What did the magpies disrupt in Terry's life?
5. What gift did Diane get for Terry when she moved to Emigration Canyon Road?
6. What was the big news in the Yellow Headed Blackbird chapter?
7. What did Diane do when she started to get more uncomfortable every day?
8. What is historically significant about Emigration Canyon Road?
9. What did Terry see at Telegraph Cove?
10. What is the Golden Spike?
Essay Topic 1
Personal identity was one of the main themes in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how did its inclusion in the novel shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Belonging and security were two themes present in this book. Where did these themes appear, and which people were most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 3
How did Terry deal with the sadness of her mother's death, and what does this reveal about her personality?
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)