|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Terry cook something for the first time for Hank's birthday?
(a) She wanted Hank to really celebrate.
(b) She wanted to soften the blow of Diane's coming death.
(c) She wanted Diane to be calm about the holidays.
(d) She wanted to make it special.
2. What kind of treatment did Diane refuse in the Tanager chapter?
(a) A radiological treatment.
(b) A physical therapy plan.
(c) A dialysis plan.
(d) A new kind of chemotherapy.
3. What is the name of Terry's husband?
4. What did Diane and Terry make a pact about?
(a) To not talk about Diane's illness.
(b) To not be sad.
(c) To go back to church.
(d) To not talk about Mimi.
5. What record was set in the Western Tanager chapter?
(a) The record high of the lake level.
(b) The record low temperature for May.
(c) The record low of migratory birds in Utah.
(d) The record attendance of a ribbon cutting.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the thing Terry cooked for Hank's birthday turn out?
2. Who gave Terry a ride home while she was on the Native American excursion?
3. How many pounds did Diane lose after her second intestinal surgery?
4. Who found the great horned owl feather?
5. What kind of curlews were used as a chapter title?
Short Essay Questions
1. What disease did Mimi suffer from, and what treatment did she get?
2. What did Diane try to convince her family to do when she was given one year left to live?
3. What did Terry do on Hank's birthday for the dinner, and why?
4. What did Terry do for her mother on her hike near Brighton?
5. What happened in the Canada Geese chapter?
6. What did Diane do when she started to get more uncomfortable every day?
7. How did Terry and Diane spend their evening after being in the desert?
8. What did Dian have a surgery for after the family portrait?
9. What was most touching to Terry on the Christmas when Diane had a glucose IV?
10. What happened during the family portrait after the hike near Brighton?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)