|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the bird refuge close down?
(a) The building got flooded out.
(b) There weren't enough birds.
(c) The lake levels were too unpredictable.
(d) They lost their funding.
2. What did Terry feed the birds at the Abbey?
3. What did the LDS church pray for on May 5, 1986?
(a) For the rain to stop.
(b) For the war to end.
(c) For the drought to end.
(d) For the lake levels to drop.
4. How many relatives turned out to the holiday in the Great Horned Owl chapter?
5. What did Terry do at Telegraph Cove?
(a) Observed birds.
(b) Took a tour.
(c) Went whale watching.
(d) Climbed a mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Mimi's cancer treated?
2. What did Diane give Terry as a housewarming gift when she moved to Emigration Canyon Road?
3. What did Terry find along Bear River Bay?
4. What is the name of Terry's husband?
5. Who gave a touching toast at Christmas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened during the family portrait after the hike near Brighton?
2. Why was seeing the comet so special to Terry?
3. Why did Terry go to the Abbey?
4. What happened in the Canada Geese chapter?
5. What did the magpies disrupt in Terry's life?
6. What realization did Terry have at the Abbey?
7. What is the Golden Spike?
8. What did Terry think when Diane shared some childhood memories on her anniversary?
9. What did Terry do for her mother on her hike near Brighton?
10. What happened to Terry at the Escalante River?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)