|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Terry cook something for the first time for Hank's birthday?
(a) She wanted to soften the blow of Diane's coming death.
(b) She wanted Hank to really celebrate.
(c) She wanted Diane to be calm about the holidays.
(d) She wanted to make it special.
2. What kind of curlews were used as a chapter title?
(a) Short tailed curlews.
(b) Migratory curlews.
(c) Black beaked curlews.
(d) Long billed curlews.
3. What did Diane give Terry as a housewarming gift when she moved to Emigration Canyon Road?
4. How did the thing Terry cooked for Hank's birthday turn out?
5. What did Terry do to keep the magpies from bothering her?
(a) Got ear plugs.
(b) Gave into her natural cycle.
(c) Blocked out the sound.
(d) Got the birds to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the location of the Golden Spike called?
2. What did Terry say was so great about the petroglyphs?
3. How was Mimi's cancer treated?
4. What is the name of Terry's husband?
5. How many monks were at the Abbey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in the Canada Geese chapter?
2. What did Terry do for her mother on her hike near Brighton?
3. What was most touching to Terry on the Christmas when Diane had a glucose IV?
4. What gift did Diane get for Terry when she moved to Emigration Canyon Road?
5. Why did Terry take Diane to the desert?
6. Why was seeing the comet so special to Terry?
7. Why did Terry go to the Abbey?
8. What did Diane do when she started to get more uncomfortable every day?
9. What did Terry do on Hank's birthday for the dinner, and why?
10. What did Dian have a surgery for after the family portrait?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)