|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused the author's mother to use chemotherapy?
(a) She believed in her doctor.
(b) She had a dream about it.
(c) She had seen her sister use it.
(d) She had much to live for.
2. What did Terry say should be used to catch the outlaw in Chapter 8?
(a) A gun.
(b) A noose.
(c) A taser.
(d) A lasso.
3. What did the author say she gauged her life by?
4. What was the name of Terry's mother's doctor?
(a) Dr. Taylor.
(b) Dr. Smith.
(c) Dr. Young.
(d) Dr. McKay.
5. What kind of gulls were used as a chapter title?
(a) Albatross Gulls.
(b) Pacific Gulls.
(c) California Gulls.
(d) Sea Gulls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "God Sees the Truth but Waits"?
2. Where did Terry go after hearing her mother needed radiation?
3. What enraged Diane when she was ill?
4. How long did it take the author to get from her house to the airport?
5. What saved the Mormon pioneers when their wheat fields were being destroyed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the author compare starlings to, and why?
2. What caused the LDS prophet to end church meetings one Sunday?
3. What did Terry think about while at the funeral of a family friend?
4. What did the author do at the dump when she went there?
5. What is similar in each chapter of this book?
6. What did Terry do with her mother in the Killdeer chapter?
7. What did the author discuss at the beginning of the chapter entitled Peregrine Falcon?
8. What did the author compare her mother to during her chemotherapy treatment?
9. What did Terry do when she saw a dead swan?
10. What did Terry compare the pelican fishing to?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)