|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Terry looking for after hearing her mother needed radiation?
2. Who was the outlaw referred to in Chapter 8?
(a) Robert Redford.
(b) The lake.
(c) Terry Williams.
(d) Butch Cassidy.
3. Where did the author go after her mother's surgery?
(a) The bird refuge.
(b) A cemetary.
(c) The Great Salt Lake.
(d) Her grandmother's house.
4. How many species of birds use the refuge?
5. What causes the depths of the Great Salt Lake to change?
(b) Salt manufactureres.
(c) Climate changes.
(d) Drought conditions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who originally had the idea to pump the lake's water?
2. What enraged Diane when she was ill?
3. In what season do the Great Salt Lake levels lower?
4. What would have been threatened if the lake water were pumped?
5. What is the name of the author's brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Diane say after her second intestinal surgery?
2. What is historically significant about Emigration Canyon Road?
3. Why did Terry go to the Abbey?
4. What did the author talk about at the beginning of the chapter entitled Barn Swallows?
5. What disease did Mimi suffer from, and what treatment did she get?
6. What did Diane try to convince her family to do when she was given one year left to live?
7. What did Terry ask Mimi to do after she died?
8. What caused the decline in snowy plovers in the 1960's?
9. Why was the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in Oregon significant to Terry?
10. What did Terry think about while at the funeral of a family friend?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)