|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Diane communicate with the person she knew with a brain tumor?
(a) Monthly visits.
(b) Phone calls.
2. What was the third option for when the lake exceeded the limits?
(a) Breach the causeway.
(b) Pump the water.
(c) Store the water.
(d) Diking the water.
3. What enraged Diane when she was ill?
(a) That her family could not accept her illness.
(b) That she was in so much pain.
(c) That her doctor lied to her.
(d) That she was dying.
4. How does the author's brother get out of church one day?
(a) His mother gets very ill.
(b) His sister asks for his help.
(c) He is called to work.
(d) He has to help with a flood.
5. What kind of gulls were used as a chapter title?
(a) Sea Gulls.
(b) California Gulls.
(c) Albatross Gulls.
(d) Pacific Gulls.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1985, half a million ____________________ were purchased.
2. Where did Diane go swimming while she was still sick?
3. Where did the activities in this book take place?
4. What surprised the men at Antelope Island about Terry?
5. What climate did the author learn about while in the Audubon Society?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Golden Spike?
2. Why was seeing the comet so special to Terry?
3. What did Dian have a surgery for after the family portrait?
4. Why did the author take such a deep interest in nature?
5. What caused the LDS prophet to end church meetings one Sunday?
6. What did Terry realize when watching the Blue Heron?
7. What did the author discuss at the beginning of the chapter entitled Peregrine Falcon?
8. What happened to Terry at the Escalante River?
9. What happened to Terry in Dark Canyon?
10. What did the magpies disrupt in Terry's life?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)