|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the author surprised when her mother agreed to use chemotherapy?
(a) She had talked her sister out of it.
(b) She didn't believe in it before.
(c) She was afraid of it.
(d) She had been refusing it.
2. What was Diane always at one with according to her daughter?
(c) Her soul.
3. What was the second option when the lake exceeded the limits?
(a) Pumping the water.
(b) Store the water.
(c) Diking the water.
(d) Divert the Water.
4. How deep is the Great Salt Lake?
(a) 23 feet.
(b) 33 feet.
(c) 43 feet.
(d) 13 feet.
5. Why did the author think her mother couldn't get sick?
(a) She was too strong.
(b) She was too beautiful.
(c) She was too young.
(d) She was too good.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what season do the Great Salt Lake levels lower?
2. How did Diane feel when she heard what her survival rate was during radiation?
3. What did the author's family do for vacations when she was a child?
4. Why does the author describe the Great Salt Lake in the way she does?
5. In what season do the Great Salt Lake levels rise?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the author discuss at the beginning of the chapter entitled Peregrine Falcon?
2. What did the author do at the dump when she went there?
3. What did the author and her mother do when they got news of the tumor?
4. Why did the author take such a deep interest in nature?
5. What did Terry love about Gunnison Island?
6. What is similar in each chapter of this book?
7. What did Terry think about while at the funeral of a family friend?
8. How did Terry feel when birds were displaced from the refuge?
9. Why didn't Diane ever come to love birds?
10. What was the United Order?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)