|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What separates the Bear River from the Snake River?
(a) A man made dike.
(b) A sandy plateau.
(c) A mountain range.
(d) A volcanic dam.
2. To whom did Terry compare Antelope Island?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her father.
3. How deep is the Great Salt Lake?
(a) 13 feet.
(b) 33 feet.
(c) 23 feet.
(d) 43 feet.
4. How does the author describe the Great Salt Lake?
5. What were all the chapters in this first section named after?
(c) Places in the US.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many species of birds use the refuge?
2. What did Brigham Young call the Great Basin?
3. What enraged Diane when she was ill?
4. How did the author describe her mother's chemotherapy treatments?
5. What was Diane always at one with according to her daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Chapter 7 entitled Peregrine Falcon?
2. What did Terry love about Gunnison Island?
3. What did Terry think about while at the funeral of a family friend?
4. What was the big news in the Yellow Headed Blackbird chapter?
5. What did Terry do with her mother in the Killdeer chapter?
6. What happened at Fish Springs?
7. What medical procedure did Terry undergo while her mother was in radiation?
8. Why did the author take such a deep interest in nature?
9. Why didn't Diane ever come to love birds?
10. What did the author and her mother do when they got news of the tumor?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)