|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the depths of the Great Salt Lake to change?
(a) Salt manufactureres.
(c) Climate changes.
(d) Drought conditions.
2. What surprised the men at Antelope Island about Terry?
(a) She was happy about the lake waters.
(b) She was willing to help them.
(c) She was their boss.
(d) She knew a lot about birds.
3. Who took the author to the bird conservatory?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her mentor.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her father.
4. Where did the author learn about the Great Salt Lake?
(a) A trip.
(d) A conference.
5. Who wrote "God Sees the Truth but Waits"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the Great Salt Lake levels to rise?
2. What did the author learn from her mother while she was sick?
3. What information did the author give at the beginning of each chapter?
4. What saved the Mormon pioneers when their wheat fields were being destroyed?
5. How did Diane communicate with the person she knew with a brain tumor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What medical procedure did Terry undergo while her mother was in radiation?
2. What did Terry compare the pelican fishing to?
3. What did the author compare her mother to during her chemotherapy treatment?
4. What did the author compare starlings to, and why?
5. What was the big news in the Yellow Headed Blackbird chapter?
6. Why was Chapter 7 entitled Peregrine Falcon?
7. What did the author discuss at the beginning of the chapter entitled Peregrine Falcon?
8. How did Terry feel when birds were displaced from the refuge?
9. What was the United Order?
10. What did the author do at the dump when she went there?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)