|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Diane Dixon Tempest in 1971?
(a) She got cancer.
(b) She was mobbed.
(c) She had a disabled child.
(d) She got an STD.
2. What did the author's family do for vacations when she was a child?
(a) Flew to exotic locations.
(b) Went camping.
(c) Visited relatives.
(d) Took road trips.
3. How many species of birds use the refuge?
4. Who originally had the idea to pump the lake's water?
(a) Joseph Smith.
(b) John Taylor.
(c) Brigham Young.
(d) Wilford Woodfruff.
5. How deep is the Great Salt Lake?
(a) 13 feet.
(b) 33 feet.
(c) 43 feet.
(d) 23 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the activities in this book take place?
2. What kind of gulls were used as a chapter title?
3. What makes the Great Salt Lake freezable?
4. What chance of survival did Diane have during radiation?
5. What did Terry want to communicate with in the Pink Flamingos chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the United Order?
2. What did Terry do with her mother in the Killdeer chapter?
3. What is similar in each chapter of this book?
4. What was the government trying to do in the chapter entitled Redheads?
5. Why did the author take such a deep interest in nature?
6. Why did the author say she liked to go to the dump?
7. What did the author and her mother do when they got news of the tumor?
8. What did Terry think about while at the funeral of a family friend?
9. What happened at Fish Springs?
10. What did the author do at the dump when she went there?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)