|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Terry looking for after hearing her mother needed radiation?
2. What surprised the men at Antelope Island about Terry?
(a) She was happy about the lake waters.
(b) She was their boss.
(c) She was willing to help them.
(d) She knew a lot about birds.
3. What makes the Great Salt Lake freezable?
(a) The decreased salinity.
(b) The cold temperatures.
(c) All of these.
(d) The influx of fresh water.
4. Who took the author to the bird conservatory?
(a) Her mentor.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her grandmother.
5. What causes the Great Salt Lake levels to lower?
(b) Strong inlets.
(c) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first chapter called?
2. Where did Diane live mostly while in chemotherapy treatments?
3. Where did the author learn about the Great Salt Lake?
4. What did the author say she gauged her life by?
5. What kind of gulls were used as a chapter title?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Terry feel when birds were displaced from the refuge?
2. What did Terry love about Gunnison Island?
3. What did the author talk about at the beginning of the chapter entitled Barn Swallows?
4. What caused the LDS prophet to end church meetings one Sunday?
5. What medical procedure did Terry undergo while her mother was in radiation?
6. What is similar in each chapter of this book?
7. What did Terry do with her mother in the Killdeer chapter?
8. Why was Chapter 7 entitled Peregrine Falcon?
9. What was the United Order?
10. What did the author do at the dump when she went there?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)