|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Brigham Young call the Great Basin?
(a) The Zion.
(b) The Holy Land.
(c) The New Jerusalem.
(d) The Promised Land.
2. Where did the author learn about the Great Salt Lake?
(a) A trip.
(c) A conference.
3. To whom did Terry compare Antelope Island?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her brother.
4. How did Diane feel when she heard what her survival rate was during radiation?
5. What is the name of the author's brother?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Diane communicate with the person she knew with a brain tumor?
2. Where does the phalarope get food?
3. What was Diane always at one with according to her daughter?
4. What climate did the author learn about while in the Audubon Society?
5. What did Terry say should be used to catch the outlaw in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Chapter 7 entitled Peregrine Falcon?
2. What did the author compare her mother to during her chemotherapy treatment?
3. What did the author talk about at the beginning of the chapter entitled Barn Swallows?
4. What did the author discuss at the beginning of the chapter entitled Peregrine Falcon?
5. What happened at Fish Springs?
6. What did Terry compare the pelican fishing to?
7. Why did the author take such a deep interest in nature?
8. What did the author do at the dump when she went there?
9. What did Terry do with her mother in the Killdeer chapter?
10. What medical procedure did Terry undergo while her mother was in radiation?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)