|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the author usually speak to her mother?
(a) In the afternoons.
(b) In the mornings.
(c) At night.
(d) On the weekends.
2. What did Brigham Young call the Great Basin?
(a) The Promised Land.
(b) The Holy Land.
(c) The Zion.
(d) The New Jerusalem.
3. What did Terry say should be used to catch the outlaw in Chapter 8?
(a) A taser.
(b) A noose.
(c) A lasso.
(d) A gun.
4. In 1985, half a million ____________________ were purchased.
(a) Travel vouchers.
(b) Plastic flamingos.
(c) Salt Lake crystals.
(d) Duck decoys.
5. What causes the Great Salt Lake levels to rise?
(a) Desaturation of salt.
(c) All of these.
(d) Snow run off.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the author go somewhere after her mother's surgery?
2. What would have been threatened if the lake water were pumped?
3. What did the author learn from her mother while she was sick?
4. What was the second option when the lake exceeded the limits?
5. In what season do the Great Salt Lake levels lower?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Terry love about Gunnison Island?
2. What did the author and her mother do when they got news of the tumor?
3. How did Terry feel when birds were displaced from the refuge?
4. What did the author compare her mother to during her chemotherapy treatment?
5. Why didn't Diane ever come to love birds?
6. What did Terry do when she saw a dead swan?
7. What happened at Fish Springs?
8. Why did the author say she liked to go to the dump?
9. What was the government trying to do in the chapter entitled Redheads?
10. What did the author talk about at the beginning of the chapter entitled Barn Swallows?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)