|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Diane know with a brain tumor?
(a) A brother.
(b) An aunt.
(c) A friend.
(d) A cousin.
2. What is the name of the author's brother?
3. Where did the author go after her mother's surgery?
(a) A cemetary.
(b) The Great Salt Lake.
(c) Her grandmother's house.
(d) The bird refuge.
4. What did the author learn from her mother while she was sick?
5. What separates the Bear River from the Snake River?
(a) A volcanic dam.
(b) A sandy plateau.
(c) A man made dike.
(d) A mountain range.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what season do the Great Salt Lake levels rise?
2. What did Brigham Young call the Great Basin?
3. Who was the outlaw referred to in Chapter 8?
4. Where did Terry go after hearing her mother needed radiation?
5. Where did the activities in this book take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Diane ever come to love birds?
2. What did the author compare starlings to, and why?
3. What caused the LDS prophet to end church meetings one Sunday?
4. What did the author discuss at the beginning of the chapter entitled Peregrine Falcon?
5. Why was Chapter 7 entitled Peregrine Falcon?
6. What is similar in each chapter of this book?
7. What did Terry compare the pelican fishing to?
8. What did Terry do with her mother in the Killdeer chapter?
9. What was the United Order?
10. How do burrowing owls usually make their homes?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)