|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the author learn from her mother while she was sick?
2. Who wrote "God Sees the Truth but Waits"?
3. What enraged Diane when she was ill?
(a) That she was in so much pain.
(b) That her doctor lied to her.
(c) That her family could not accept her illness.
(d) That she was dying.
4. Where did the activities in this book take place?
5. How many species of birds use the refuge?
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the depths of the Great Salt Lake to change?
2. What was the name of Terry's mother's doctor?
3. Where did the author's mother have a tumor?
4. What information did the author give at the beginning of each chapter?
5. What did the author compare the Great Salt Lake to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Terry do with her mother in the Killdeer chapter?
2. What did Terry compare the pelican fishing to?
3. What was the United Order?
4. What did the author compare starlings to, and why?
5. Why did the author take such a deep interest in nature?
6. What was the government trying to do in the chapter entitled Redheads?
7. What did the author talk about at the beginning of the chapter entitled Barn Swallows?
8. Why didn't Diane ever come to love birds?
9. What happened at Fish Springs?
10. What did the author discuss at the beginning of the chapter entitled Peregrine Falcon?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)