|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the author usually speak to her mother?
(a) In the mornings.
(b) On the weekends.
(c) At night.
(d) In the afternoons.
2. What did Diane spot at Bear River that was rare?
(a) Bald eagles.
(b) Pacific gulls.
(c) Snow buntings.
3. What kind of gulls were used as a chapter title?
(a) Albatross Gulls.
(b) California Gulls.
(c) Pacific Gulls.
(d) Sea Gulls.
4. Who wrote "God Sees the Truth but Waits"?
5. Who was the outlaw referred to in Chapter 8?
(a) Butch Cassidy.
(b) The lake.
(c) Robert Redford.
(d) Terry Williams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused the author's mother to use chemotherapy?
2. What saved the Mormon pioneers when their wheat fields were being destroyed?
3. How many options were available when the lake exceeded the limits?
4. To whom did Terry compare Antelope Island?
5. Where did Diane go swimming while she was still sick?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the big news in the Yellow Headed Blackbird chapter?
2. What did the author compare her mother to during her chemotherapy treatment?
3. What did the author compare starlings to, and why?
4. Why did the author say she liked to go to the dump?
5. What happened at Fish Springs?
6. What did the author and her mother do when they got news of the tumor?
7. What did Terry do with her mother in the Killdeer chapter?
8. What did Terry love about Gunnison Island?
9. What did Terry do when she saw a dead swan?
10. What caused the LDS prophet to end church meetings one Sunday?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)