|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the author surprised when her mother agreed to use chemotherapy?
(a) She had talked her sister out of it.
(b) She didn't believe in it before.
(c) She was afraid of it.
(d) She had been refusing it.
2. In 1985, half a million ____________________ were purchased.
(a) Plastic flamingos.
(b) Travel vouchers.
(c) Salt Lake crystals.
(d) Duck decoys.
3. What enraged Diane when she was ill?
(a) That her doctor lied to her.
(b) That she was in so much pain.
(c) That her family could not accept her illness.
(d) That she was dying.
4. How does the author describe the Great Salt Lake?
5. Why does the author describe the Great Salt Lake in the way she does?
(a) It has no outlet to the ocean.
(b) It is shrinking.
(c) No animals can live around it.
(d) It is pure.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Diane feel when she heard what her survival rate was during radiation?
2. What surprised the men at Antelope Island about Terry?
3. How did the author describe her mother's chemotherapy treatments?
4. Where did Diane live mostly while in chemotherapy treatments?
5. What is the name of the author's brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened while Terry was on the Native American excursion?
2. What gift did Diane get for Terry when she moved to Emigration Canyon Road?
3. What did the author compare starlings to, and why?
4. How do burrowing owls usually make their homes?
5. Why was the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in Oregon significant to Terry?
6. What did Diane do when she started to get more uncomfortable every day?
7. Why did Terry go to the Abbey?
8. What did Terry compare the pelican fishing to?
9. What did the magpies disrupt in Terry's life?
10. What did Terry say about how cancer patients die?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)