|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were all the chapters in this first section named after?
(b) Places in the US.
2. How many options were available when the lake exceeded the limits?
3. Who took the author to the bird conservatory?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her mentor.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her father.
4. When did the author usually speak to her mother?
(a) In the afternoons.
(b) In the mornings.
(c) On the weekends.
(d) At night.
5. What causes the depths of the Great Salt Lake to change?
(a) Salt manufactureres.
(c) Drought conditions.
(d) Climate changes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the third option for when the lake exceeded the limits?
2. What saved the Mormon pioneers when their wheat fields were being destroyed?
3. What kind of gulls were used as a chapter title?
4. How did Diane feel when she heard what her survival rate was during radiation?
5. Why does the author describe the Great Salt Lake in the way she does?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Terry think when Diane shared some childhood memories on her anniversary?
2. Why did Mimi get a hysterectomy?
3. What caused the LDS prophet to end church meetings one Sunday?
4. Why was seeing the comet so special to Terry?
5. What medical procedure did Terry undergo while her mother was in radiation?
6. What happened to Terry at the Escalante River?
7. Why was the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in Oregon significant to Terry?
8. Why did the author say she liked to go to the dump?
9. What is the Golden Spike?
10. Why did Terry go to the Abbey?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)