|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the author compare the Great Salt Lake to?
(a) A pot.
(b) A cup.
(c) A tea kettle.
(d) A dinner plate.
2. How long did Terry's mother's doctor want to put her on radiation?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 5 weeks.
3. Where did the activities in this book take place?
4. Where did the author learn about the Great Salt Lake?
(a) A conference.
(c) A trip.
5. What caused the author's mother to use chemotherapy?
(a) She believed in her doctor.
(b) She had seen her sister use it.
(c) She had a dream about it.
(d) She had much to live for.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Diane feel when she heard what her survival rate was during radiation?
2. Where did the author's mother have a tumor?
3. Where does the phalarope get food?
4. Who was the outlaw referred to in Chapter 8?
5. Where did Diane go swimming while she was still sick?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the author and her mother do when they got news of the tumor?
2. Why was Chapter 7 entitled Peregrine Falcon?
3. What did Terry think about while at the funeral of a family friend?
4. What medical procedure did Terry undergo while her mother was in radiation?
5. What did Terry do with her mother in the Killdeer chapter?
6. What did the author discuss at the beginning of the chapter entitled Peregrine Falcon?
7. What was the government trying to do in the chapter entitled Redheads?
8. What did Terry do when she saw a dead swan?
9. Why did the author take such a deep interest in nature?
10. How did Terry feel when birds were displaced from the refuge?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)