|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the second option when the lake exceeded the limits?
(a) Store the water.
(b) Diking the water.
(c) Pumping the water.
(d) Divert the Water.
2. What was Diane always at one with according to her daughter?
(b) Her soul.
3. What causes the Great Salt Lake levels to rise?
(b) Snow run off.
(c) All of these.
(d) Desaturation of salt.
4. What enraged Diane when she was ill?
(a) That her doctor lied to her.
(b) That she was dying.
(c) That her family could not accept her illness.
(d) That she was in so much pain.
5. Where was the author working during her mother's chemotherapy treatments?
(a) A church.
(b) A college.
(c) A museum.
(d) A refuge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Diane spot at Bear River that was rare?
2. Where does the phalarope get food?
3. Who loved birds more than Terry did?
4. Why was the author surprised when her mother agreed to use chemotherapy?
5. How deep is the Great Salt Lake?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the author and her mother do when they got news of the tumor?
2. What was the government trying to do in the chapter entitled Redheads?
3. Why was Chapter 7 entitled Peregrine Falcon?
4. How did Terry feel when birds were displaced from the refuge?
5. Why didn't Diane ever come to love birds?
6. What was the big news in the Yellow Headed Blackbird chapter?
7. How do burrowing owls usually make their homes?
8. Why did the author say she liked to go to the dump?
9. Why did the author take such a deep interest in nature?
10. What is similar in each chapter of this book?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)