|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Diane feel when she heard what her survival rate was during radiation?
2. What was the third option for when the lake exceeded the limits?
(a) Diking the water.
(b) Pump the water.
(c) Breach the causeway.
(d) Store the water.
3. Who wrote "God Sees the Truth but Waits"?
4. Where does the phalarope get food?
(a) The bottom of the water.
(b) Dead carcasses.
(d) The shore.
5. What caused the author's mother to use chemotherapy?
(a) She had a dream about it.
(b) She believed in her doctor.
(c) She had seen her sister use it.
(d) She had much to live for.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Diane communicate with the person she knew with a brain tumor?
2. What did Diane spot at Bear River that was rare?
3. How old was the author when she joined the Audubon Society?
4. To whom did Terry compare Antelope Island?
5. How long did Terry's mother's doctor want to put her on radiation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the author do at the dump when she went there?
2. Why didn't Diane ever come to love birds?
3. How do burrowing owls usually make their homes?
4. What did the author compare starlings to, and why?
5. What did the author discuss at the beginning of the chapter entitled Peregrine Falcon?
6. What is similar in each chapter of this book?
7. What did Terry do with her mother in the Killdeer chapter?
8. What did the author and her mother do when they got news of the tumor?
9. What did Terry compare the pelican fishing to?
10. What did Terry love about Gunnison Island?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)