|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the author compare the Great Salt Lake to?
(a) A cup.
(b) A tea kettle.
(c) A dinner plate.
(d) A pot.
2. How big was the author's mother's tumor?
(a) The size of a grapefruit.
(b) The size of a kiwi.
(c) The size of an apple.
(d) The size of a cherry.
3. When did the author usually speak to her mother?
(a) In the mornings.
(b) On the weekends.
(c) At night.
(d) In the afternoons.
4. How does the author describe the Great Salt Lake?
5. To whom did Terry compare Antelope Island?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Terry compare someone to Antelope Island?
2. What kind of gulls were used as a chapter title?
3. What causes the Great Salt Lake levels to lower?
4. What happened to Diane Dixon Tempest in 1971?
5. Who took the author to the bird conservatory?
Short Essay Questions
1. What caused the LDS prophet to end church meetings one Sunday?
2. What did the author compare starlings to, and why?
3. What did Terry compare the pelican fishing to?
4. How did Terry feel when birds were displaced from the refuge?
5. What is similar in each chapter of this book?
6. What did Terry think about while at the funeral of a family friend?
7. Why did the author say she liked to go to the dump?
8. What was the big news in the Yellow Headed Blackbird chapter?
9. What did the author compare her mother to during her chemotherapy treatment?
10. Why didn't Diane ever come to love birds?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)