|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the outlaw referred to in Chapter 8?
(a) Terry Williams.
(b) Robert Redford.
(c) Butch Cassidy.
(d) The lake.
2. What information did the author give at the beginning of each chapter?
(a) The lake levels.
(b) The location of her family.
(c) The year.
(d) Her age.
3. How long did it take the author to get from her house to the airport?
(a) 25 minutes.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 45 minutes.
(d) 1 hour.
4. What causes the Great Salt Lake levels to rise?
(a) Desaturation of salt.
(b) Snow run off.
(d) All of these.
5. What enraged Diane when she was ill?
(a) That she was in so much pain.
(b) That her family could not accept her illness.
(c) That her doctor lied to her.
(d) That she was dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom did Terry compare Antelope Island?
2. Who wrote "God Sees the Truth but Waits"?
3. What did Diane spot at Bear River that was rare?
4. What makes the Great Salt Lake freezable?
5. Where did Diane go swimming while she was still sick?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the author compare her mother to during her chemotherapy treatment?
2. What was the government trying to do in the chapter entitled Redheads?
3. What did Terry do when she saw a dead swan?
4. What medical procedure did Terry undergo while her mother was in radiation?
5. What caused the LDS prophet to end church meetings one Sunday?
6. Why didn't Diane ever come to love birds?
7. What did Terry do with her mother in the Killdeer chapter?
8. What did Terry compare the pelican fishing to?
9. What did Terry love about Gunnison Island?
10. What is similar in each chapter of this book?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)