|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the second option when the lake exceeded the limits?
(a) Divert the Water.
(b) Diking the water.
(c) Pumping the water.
(d) Store the water.
2. Why was the author surprised when her mother agreed to use chemotherapy?
(a) She had been refusing it.
(b) She was afraid of it.
(c) She didn't believe in it before.
(d) She had talked her sister out of it.
3. Why did the author go somewhere after her mother's surgery?
(a) To give her mother privacy.
(b) To pay her respects.
(c) To collect her thoughts.
(d) To pray.
4. Who took the author to the bird conservatory?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her mentor.
(d) Her grandmother.
5. How deep is the Great Salt Lake?
(a) 43 feet.
(b) 23 feet.
(c) 13 feet.
(d) 33 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the outlaw referred to in Chapter 8?
2. How does the author's brother get out of church one day?
3. What did the author's family do for vacations when she was a child?
4. Who loved birds more than Terry did?
5. Where did the author learn about the Great Salt Lake?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Diane ever come to love birds?
2. What medical procedure did Terry undergo while her mother was in radiation?
3. What caused the LDS prophet to end church meetings one Sunday?
4. What was the United Order?
5. Why did the author take such a deep interest in nature?
6. What did the author compare starlings to, and why?
7. What did the author discuss at the beginning of the chapter entitled Peregrine Falcon?
8. Why was Chapter 7 entitled Peregrine Falcon?
9. What did the author and her mother do when they got news of the tumor?
10. What did the author talk about at the beginning of the chapter entitled Barn Swallows?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)