|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first chapter called?
(b) Burrowing Owls.
(c) The Great Salt Lake.
(d) Great Grandma.
2. What happened to Diane Dixon Tempest in 1971?
(a) She got an STD.
(b) She got cancer.
(c) She was mobbed.
(d) She had a disabled child.
3. Where did Diane go swimming while she was still sick?
(a) Bear Lake.
(b) The Great Salt Lake.
(c) Lake Powell.
(d) Utah Lake.
4. What climate did the author learn about while in the Audubon Society?
(a) Flat lands.
5. What causes the depths of the Great Salt Lake to change?
(a) Climate changes.
(c) Salt manufactureres.
(d) Drought conditions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Terry want to communicate with in the Pink Flamingos chapter?
2. Which of these is a title Terry used for the Great Salt Lake?
3. How deep is the Great Salt Lake?
4. Where did the author go after her mother's surgery?
5. What information did the author give at the beginning of each chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the big news in the Yellow Headed Blackbird chapter?
2. What did Terry compare the pelican fishing to?
3. How did Terry feel when birds were displaced from the refuge?
4. What medical procedure did Terry undergo while her mother was in radiation?
5. What did Terry do when she saw a dead swan?
6. What did the author talk about at the beginning of the chapter entitled Barn Swallows?
7. What caused the LDS prophet to end church meetings one Sunday?
8. What did the author and her mother do when they got news of the tumor?
9. What is similar in each chapter of this book?
10. What did the author do at the dump when she went there?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)