|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Terry's mother's doctor?
(a) Dr. Smith.
(b) Dr. Taylor.
(c) Dr. Young.
(d) Dr. McKay.
2. Where did the author's mother have a tumor?
(a) Her back.
(b) Her arm.
(c) Her abdomen.
(d) Her head.
3. What did Diane spot at Bear River that was rare?
(a) Bald eagles.
(b) Pacific gulls.
(c) Snow buntings.
4. How long did it take the author to get from her house to the airport?
(a) 25 minutes.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 45 minutes.
5. Where did the activities in this book take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the author usually speak to her mother?
2. Where was the author working during her mother's chemotherapy treatments?
3. What did Terry want to communicate with in the Pink Flamingos chapter?
4. Where does the phalarope get food?
5. Where did the author go after her mother's surgery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the author do at the dump when she went there?
2. What did the author and her mother do when they got news of the tumor?
3. What happened at Fish Springs?
4. How did Terry feel when birds were displaced from the refuge?
5. Why didn't Diane ever come to love birds?
6. What did Terry think about while at the funeral of a family friend?
7. What did Terry compare the pelican fishing to?
8. What was the government trying to do in the chapter entitled Redheads?
9. What did Terry love about Gunnison Island?
10. What did the author talk about at the beginning of the chapter entitled Barn Swallows?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)