Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the author working during her mother's chemotherapy treatments?
(a) A museum.
(b) A refuge.
(c) A college.
(d) A church.
2. What makes the Great Salt Lake freezable?
(a) The influx of fresh water.
(b) The decreased salinity.
(c) The cold temperatures.
(d) All of these.
3. What is the first chapter called?
(a) Great Grandma.
(b) The Great Salt Lake.
(d) Burrowing Owls.
4. In what season do the Great Salt Lake levels rise?
5. How many options were available when the lake exceeded the limits?
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprised the men at Antelope Island about Terry?
2. How did Diane feel when she heard what her survival rate was during radiation?
3. How does the author describe the Great Salt Lake?
4. What chance of survival did Diane have during radiation?
5. What separates the Bear River from the Snake River?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Terry ask Mimi to do after she died?
2. What happened in the Canada Geese chapter?
3. Why did the author take such a deep interest in nature?
4. Why was Chapter 7 entitled Peregrine Falcon?
5. What was the big news in the Yellow Headed Blackbird chapter?
6. What did Terry do on Hank's birthday for the dinner, and why?
7. What did Terry think when Diane shared some childhood memories on her anniversary?
8. What did Terry do with her mother in the Killdeer chapter?
9. What is similar in each chapter of this book?
10. What did the author discuss at the beginning of the chapter entitled Peregrine Falcon?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)