|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Diane live mostly while in chemotherapy treatments?
(a) The future.
(b) The past.
(c) The present.
(d) The next world.
2. Why did Terry compare someone to Antelope Island?
(a) She has been unlawful.
(b) She is unreachable.
(c) He has a hard will.
(d) He is unpredictable.
3. To whom did Terry compare Antelope Island?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her cousin.
4. What did the author test about the Great Salt Lake?
(a) The health of the water.
(b) The foliage around the water.
(c) The buoyancy in the water.
(d) The salinity of the water.
5. Where did the author's mother have a tumor?
(a) Her back.
(b) Her abdomen.
(c) Her head.
(d) Her arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author compare the Great Salt Lake to?
2. How does the author describe the Great Salt Lake?
3. How many options were available when the lake exceeded the limits?
4. What was Terry looking for after hearing her mother needed radiation?
5. In 1985, half a million ____________________ were purchased.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the author compare starlings to, and why?
2. How did Terry feel when birds were displaced from the refuge?
3. What is similar in each chapter of this book?
4. What was the United Order?
5. What did the author do at the dump when she went there?
6. Why did the author take such a deep interest in nature?
7. What did Terry think about while at the funeral of a family friend?
8. What caused the LDS prophet to end church meetings one Sunday?
9. What did the author compare her mother to during her chemotherapy treatment?
10. What medical procedure did Terry undergo while her mother was in radiation?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)