|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is a title Terry used for the Great Salt Lake?
(a) A woman who refuses to be tamed.
(b) A symbol of God's power.
(c) A wild place of civilization.
(d) A friend in a strange place.
2. Where did Diane go swimming while she was still sick?
(a) Utah Lake.
(b) The Great Salt Lake.
(c) Bear Lake.
(d) Lake Powell.
3. When did the author usually speak to her mother?
(a) In the mornings.
(b) At night.
(c) On the weekends.
(d) In the afternoons.
4. What separates the Bear River from the Snake River?
(a) A mountain range.
(b) A man made dike.
(c) A sandy plateau.
(d) A volcanic dam.
5. How many species of birds use the refuge?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the outlaw referred to in Chapter 8?
2. What information did the author give at the beginning of each chapter?
3. To whom did Terry compare Antelope Island?
4. Where did the author learn about the Great Salt Lake?
5. Where did Diane live mostly while in chemotherapy treatments?
Short Essay Questions
1. What caused the LDS prophet to end church meetings one Sunday?
2. What did the author do at the dump when she went there?
3. What was the big news in the Yellow Headed Blackbird chapter?
4. Why was Chapter 7 entitled Peregrine Falcon?
5. What did the author compare starlings to, and why?
6. What was the government trying to do in the chapter entitled Redheads?
7. What did Terry think about while at the funeral of a family friend?
8. What did Terry do with her mother in the Killdeer chapter?
9. What medical procedure did Terry undergo while her mother was in radiation?
10. What happened at Fish Springs?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)