|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Diane live mostly while in chemotherapy treatments?
(a) The next world.
(b) The future.
(c) The past.
(d) The present.
2. Who originally had the idea to pump the lake's water?
(a) Brigham Young.
(b) Joseph Smith.
(c) Wilford Woodfruff.
(d) John Taylor.
3. In what season do the Great Salt Lake levels rise?
4. How big was the author's mother's tumor?
(a) The size of a kiwi.
(b) The size of an apple.
(c) The size of a cherry.
(d) The size of a grapefruit.
5. What chance of survival did Diane have during radiation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author say she gauged her life by?
2. What did the author learn from her mother while she was sick?
3. What killed the wheat fields of the early Mormon pioneers?
4. What was the second option when the lake exceeded the limits?
5. What is the name of the author's brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the United Order?
2. What did Terry do with her mother in the Killdeer chapter?
3. How did Terry feel when birds were displaced from the refuge?
4. What caused the LDS prophet to end church meetings one Sunday?
5. What did the author and her mother do when they got news of the tumor?
6. What did the author discuss at the beginning of the chapter entitled Peregrine Falcon?
7. What did the author talk about at the beginning of the chapter entitled Barn Swallows?
8. What did the author compare her mother to during her chemotherapy treatment?
9. Why did the author take such a deep interest in nature?
10. Why did the author say she liked to go to the dump?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)