|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Terry cook something for the first time for Hank's birthday?
(a) She wanted Diane to be calm about the holidays.
(b) She wanted to make it special.
(c) She wanted Hank to really celebrate.
(d) She wanted to soften the blow of Diane's coming death.
2. What was Diane tired of after her second intestinal surgery?
(a) Family drama.
(b) Being the center of attention.
(c) Physical torment.
3. How many pounds did Diane lose after her second intestinal surgery?
(a) 5 pounds.
(b) 15 pounds.
(c) 10 pounds.
(d) 20 pounds.
4. How many monks were at the Abbey?
5. Where did Terry go while Mimi's cancer was treated?
(a) The refuge.
(b) The lake.
(c) The temple.
(d) The museum.
6. What about Diane did Terry say was accelerated in the Magpie chapter?
(a) Her faith.
(b) Her love of solitude.
(c) All of these.
(d) Her entire being.
7. Who paved Emigration Canyon Road?
(a) Danielle Boone.
(b) Joseph Smith.
(c) Brigham Young.
(d) Jesse Jackson.
8. What kind of bird did Terry feed at the Abbey?
(d) Blue jay.
9. Why was there a concrete building in the desert?
(a) To hold supplies for wanderers.
(b) For headquarters for researchers.
(c) To break up the monotony.
(d) By mistake it was placed there.
10. What did the LDS church pray for on May 5, 1986?
(a) For the drought to end.
(b) For the lake levels to drop.
(c) For the rain to stop.
(d) For the war to end.
11. What age was the group Terry took on a Native American excursion?
(a) In college.
(b) In high school.
(c) In junior high.
(d) In kindergarten.
12. What anniversary did Terry celebrate in the Western Tanager chapter?
13. To what lake near Brighton did Terry hike?
(a) Lake Camille.
(b) Lake Carolina.
(c) Lake Camilla.
(d) Lake Catherine.
14. Who found the great horned owl feather?
15. What did Terry do when watching the curlews near the Golden Spike?
(b) All of these.
(c) Recited scripture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of treatment did Diane refuse in the Tanager chapter?
2. What did Terry feed the birds at the Abbey?
3. What did Terry use to help with Diane's pain?
4. What was given to Diane in an IV to give her a few extra months?
5. What did Terry say was so great about the petroglyphs?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)