|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about the curlews near the Golden Spike?
(a) They are the smallest shorebirds in North America.
(b) They are the largest shorebirds in North America.
(c) They have reverse migratory habits.
(d) They have adapted to all habitats.
2. Where did Terry go while Mimi's cancer was treated?
(a) The temple.
(b) The refuge.
(c) The lake.
(d) The museum.
3. Why did the bird refuge close down?
(a) The building got flooded out.
(b) They lost their funding.
(c) There weren't enough birds.
(d) The lake levels were too unpredictable.
4. How was Mimi's cancer treated?
(d) All of these.
5. Who gave Terry a ride home while she was on the Native American excursion?
(a) Her boss.
(b) A tribal chief.
(c) A ranger.
(d) A bus driver.
6. What did Terry NOT talk about while Mimi got her cancer treatment?
7. Which desert did Terry want her mother to visit with her?
(a) The South Desert.
(b) The East Desert.
(c) The West Desert.
(d) The North Desert.
8. Who paved Emigration Canyon Road?
(a) Joseph Smith.
(b) Brigham Young.
(c) Jesse Jackson.
(d) Danielle Boone.
9. How many pounds did Diane lose after her second intestinal surgery?
(a) 5 pounds.
(b) 10 pounds.
(c) 20 pounds.
(d) 15 pounds.
10. What did Diane and Terry make a pact about?
(a) To not talk about Mimi.
(b) To not talk about Diane's illness.
(c) To go back to church.
(d) To not be sad.
11. What kind of geese is used as a chapter title in this book?
(a) Canada Geese.
(b) Northern Atlantic Geese.
(c) Black Geese.
(d) Greyback Geese.
12. Why did Terry cook something for the first time for Hank's birthday?
(a) She wanted Hank to really celebrate.
(b) She wanted to make it special.
(c) She wanted to soften the blow of Diane's coming death.
(d) She wanted Diane to be calm about the holidays.
13. Where was the holiday in the Great Horned Owl chapter held?
14. How did the thing Terry cooked for Hank's birthday turn out?
15. What about Diane did Terry say was accelerated in the Magpie chapter?
(a) Her faith.
(b) Her love of solitude.
(c) All of these.
(d) Her entire being.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gave a touching toast at Christmas?
2. To what lake near Brighton did Terry hike?
3. What age was the group Terry took on a Native American excursion?
4. What kind of cancer did Mimi have?
5. What did Diane give Terry as a housewarming gift when she moved to Emigration Canyon Road?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)