|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Terry do when watching the curlews near the Golden Spike?
(b) All of these.
(c) Recited scripture.
2. What did Terry say happened to her as her mother died of cancer?
(a) Part of her died too.
(b) Her fear grew.
(c) She got stronger.
(d) She took in part of Diane.
3. How much money did Terry bring for the slot machine at the casino?
4. What bird banged on Terry's window?
(a) Blue jay.
(b) Red breasted robin.
(c) Wood pecker.
(d) Red shafted flicker.
5. How many monks were at the Abbey?
6. What kind of geese is used as a chapter title in this book?
(a) Canada Geese.
(b) Black Geese.
(c) Northern Atlantic Geese.
(d) Greyback Geese.
7. How tall was the concrete building in the desert?
(a) 19 stories.
(b) 99 feet.
(c) 9 stories.
(d) 9 feet.
8. What did Terry NOT talk about while Mimi got her cancer treatment?
9. What did Terry find along Bear River Bay?
(c) Endangered birds.
(d) Grave markers.
10. Why did the bird refuge close down?
(a) There weren't enough birds.
(b) They lost their funding.
(c) The building got flooded out.
(d) The lake levels were too unpredictable.
11. Who went with Terry to Telegraph Cove?
(a) All of these.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her husband.
12. What did Terry say was so great about the petroglyphs?
(a) They gave a good warning.
(b) The spirit of those people remained.
(c) They taught a lesson.
(d) They made her not feel alone.
13. What about Diane did Terry say was accelerated in the Magpie chapter?
(a) All of these.
(b) Her entire being.
(c) Her faith.
(d) Her love of solitude.
14. Where did Terry see the flock of magpies?
(a) Her college.
(b) The refuge.
(c) Her lawn.
(d) The land fill.
15. What did Diane ask Terry for when she refused a treatment?
(a) To help her with her death.
(b) To keep her faith.
(c) To explain to her siblings.
(d) To keep the secret.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Terry get contacted while on a Native American excursion?
2. What did Terry use to help with Diane's pain?
3. Who paved Emigration Canyon Road?
4. What was given to Diane in an IV to give her a few extra months?
5. What did Terry feed the birds at the Abbey?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)