|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was wrong while Terry was on a Native American excursion?
(a) Her husband was in a car crash.
(b) Her brother lost his job.
(c) Diane was in a coma.
(d) Diane had another blockage.
2. What age was the group Terry took on a Native American excursion?
(a) In junior high.
(b) In college.
(c) In high school.
(d) In kindergarten.
3. What is the location of the Golden Spike called?
(a) Promontory Point.
(b) West Meets East.
(c) The Transcendental Connection.
(d) The West Desert Museum.
4. What about Diane did Terry say was accelerated in the Magpie chapter?
(a) All of these.
(b) Her love of solitude.
(c) Her entire being.
(d) Her faith.
5. How did the thing Terry cooked for Hank's birthday turn out?
6. Why was there a concrete building in the desert?
(a) To break up the monotony.
(b) For headquarters for researchers.
(c) To hold supplies for wanderers.
(d) By mistake it was placed there.
7. How did Terry get contacted while on a Native American excursion?
(a) Text messages.
(b) Phone messages.
8. What anniversary did Terry celebrate in the Western Tanager chapter?
9. Which desert did Terry want her mother to visit with her?
(a) The West Desert.
(b) The East Desert.
(c) The South Desert.
(d) The North Desert.
10. What was Diane tired of after her second intestinal surgery?
(a) Physical torment.
(b) Family drama.
(c) Being the center of attention.
11. How tall was the concrete building in the desert?
(a) 99 feet.
(b) 9 stories.
(c) 9 feet.
(d) 19 stories.
12. What did Terry say happened to her as her mother died of cancer?
(a) She took in part of Diane.
(b) Part of her died too.
(c) She got stronger.
(d) Her fear grew.
13. How much money did Terry bring for the slot machine at the casino?
14. What did Diane and Terry make a pact about?
(a) To go back to church.
(b) To not talk about Mimi.
(c) To not talk about Diane's illness.
(d) To not be sad.
15. Why did Terry cook something for the first time for Hank's birthday?
(a) She wanted Hank to really celebrate.
(b) She wanted Diane to be calm about the holidays.
(c) She wanted to make it special.
(d) She wanted to soften the blow of Diane's coming death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Terry go while Mimi's cancer was treated?
2. What kind of bird did Terry feed at the Abbey?
3. How was Mimi's cancer treated?
4. What kind of geese is used as a chapter title in this book?
5. What is unique about the curlews near the Golden Spike?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)