|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Diane give Terry as a housewarming gift when she moved to Emigration Canyon Road?
2. What did Terry find along Bear River Bay?
(a) Grave markers.
(b) Endangered birds.
3. What anniversary did Terry celebrate in the Western Tanager chapter?
4. What age was the group Terry took on a Native American excursion?
(a) In high school.
(b) In college.
(c) In kindergarten.
(d) In junior high.
5. Who paved Emigration Canyon Road?
(a) Jesse Jackson.
(b) Joseph Smith.
(c) Brigham Young.
(d) Danielle Boone.
6. What did Terry do to keep the magpies from bothering her?
(a) Blocked out the sound.
(b) Gave into her natural cycle.
(c) Got ear plugs.
(d) Got the birds to leave.
7. What did the magpie flock keep Terry from doing?
8. What kind of scientists did Terry work with at Silver Island?
9. When is Terry's birthday?
(a) September 8th.
(b) September 20th.
(c) September 18th.
(d) September 30th.
10. Why did Diane not answer the door when Terry came over after being awakened by a bird?
(a) She was sleeping.
(b) She didn't hear the knock.
(c) She was mad at Terry.
(d) She was too weak.
11. What did Terry feed the birds at the Abbey?
12. Who went with Terry while Mimi got her cancer treatment?
13. What record was set in the Western Tanager chapter?
(a) The record high of the lake level.
(b) The record low of migratory birds in Utah.
(c) The record low temperature for May.
(d) The record attendance of a ribbon cutting.
14. What about Diane did Terry say was accelerated in the Magpie chapter?
(a) Her love of solitude.
(b) All of these.
(c) Her entire being.
(d) Her faith.
15. Who gave a touching toast at Christmas?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Terry's husband?
2. Who told Diane she had many years left to live?
3. To whom did Terry say the Bear River belonged?
4. What flower did Terry pick for her mother near Brighton?
5. What did Terry do at Telegraph Cove?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)