|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Terry say people with cancer died?
(a) In increments.
(b) In degrees.
(c) In their own time.
(d) In stages.
2. What was Diane tired of after her second intestinal surgery?
(a) Being the center of attention.
(b) Family drama.
(c) Physical torment.
3. What was given to Diane in an IV to give her a few extra months?
4. Who found the great horned owl feather?
5. How many pounds did Diane lose after her second intestinal surgery?
(a) 15 pounds.
(b) 20 pounds.
(c) 10 pounds.
(d) 5 pounds.
6. What did Terry do at Telegraph Cove?
(a) Climbed a mountain.
(b) Went whale watching.
(c) Took a tour.
(d) Observed birds.
7. Why did the bird refuge close down?
(a) The lake levels were too unpredictable.
(b) The building got flooded out.
(c) They lost their funding.
(d) There weren't enough birds.
8. What was wrong while Terry was on a Native American excursion?
(a) Diane had another blockage.
(b) Her brother lost his job.
(c) Diane was in a coma.
(d) Her husband was in a car crash.
9. What river was Terry next to in the Meadowlarks chapter?
(a) Jordan River.
(b) Green River.
(c) Escalante River.
(d) Snake River.
10. How tall was the concrete building in the desert?
(a) 19 stories.
(b) 9 feet.
(c) 9 stories.
(d) 99 feet.
11. Who wrote, "The Courtship Habits of the Great Crested Grebe"?
(a) Jorge Harmon.
(b) John Hughes.
(c) James Hunley.
(d) Julian Huxley.
12. Who went with Terry to Telegraph Cove?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her brother.
(c) All of these.
(d) Her husband.
13. What kind of treatment did Diane refuse in the Tanager chapter?
(a) A radiological treatment.
(b) A physical therapy plan.
(c) A new kind of chemotherapy.
(d) A dialysis plan.
14. What did Terry say happened to her as her mother died of cancer?
(a) She took in part of Diane.
(b) She got stronger.
(c) Part of her died too.
(d) Her fear grew.
15. Why did Diane not answer the door when Terry came over after being awakened by a bird?
(a) She didn't hear the knock.
(b) She was sleeping.
(c) She was mad at Terry.
(d) She was too weak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Terry go while Mimi's cancer was treated?
2. How was Mimi's cancer treated?
3. To whom did Terry say the Bear River belonged?
4. What age was the group Terry took on a Native American excursion?
5. How many monks were at the Abbey?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)