|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Terry feel while standing next to the river in the Meadowlarks chapter?
2. Why did the bird refuge close down?
(a) There weren't enough birds.
(b) They lost their funding.
(c) The building got flooded out.
(d) The lake levels were too unpredictable.
3. Who told Terry about the comet she got to see?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
4. Why did Terry cook something for the first time for Hank's birthday?
(a) She wanted Hank to really celebrate.
(b) She wanted to make it special.
(c) She wanted Diane to be calm about the holidays.
(d) She wanted to soften the blow of Diane's coming death.
5. What tribe did Terry talk about in the Meadowlarks chapter?
6. How tall was the concrete building in the desert?
(a) 19 stories.
(b) 9 feet.
(c) 9 stories.
(d) 99 feet.
7. What did Diane ask Terry for when she refused a treatment?
(a) To help her with her death.
(b) To keep her faith.
(c) To explain to her siblings.
(d) To keep the secret.
8. What comet did Terry get to see?
(a) Shoemaker Levy Comet.
(b) Halley's Comet.
(c) Comet Hykutake.
(d) Hale Bopp Comet.
9. What is the location of the Golden Spike called?
(a) The West Desert Museum.
(b) West Meets East.
(c) The Transcendental Connection.
(d) Promontory Point.
10. What did Terry use to help with Diane's pain?
11. What bird banged on Terry's window?
(a) Red breasted robin.
(b) Blue jay.
(c) Red shafted flicker.
(d) Wood pecker.
12. Who went with Terry while Mimi got her cancer treatment?
13. Who wrote, "The Courtship Habits of the Great Crested Grebe"?
(a) John Hughes.
(b) Jorge Harmon.
(c) James Hunley.
(d) Julian Huxley.
14. What is the name of Terry's husband?
15. What is unique about the curlews near the Golden Spike?
(a) They have reverse migratory habits.
(b) They have adapted to all habitats.
(c) They are the smallest shorebirds in North America.
(d) They are the largest shorebirds in North America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Diane tired of after her second intestinal surgery?
2. What kind of treatment did Diane refuse in the Tanager chapter?
3. What kind of bird did Terry feed at the Abbey?
4. Who told Diane she had many years left to live?
5. What kind of curlews were used as a chapter title?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)