|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Diane not answer the door when Terry came over after being awakened by a bird?
(a) She was too weak.
(b) She didn't hear the knock.
(c) She was sleeping.
(d) She was mad at Terry.
2. What is unique about the curlews near the Golden Spike?
(a) They have reverse migratory habits.
(b) They are the smallest shorebirds in North America.
(c) They are the largest shorebirds in North America.
(d) They have adapted to all habitats.
3. What did Terry use to help with Diane's pain?
4. Which desert did Terry want her mother to visit with her?
(a) The North Desert.
(b) The West Desert.
(c) The East Desert.
(d) The South Desert.
5. Who gave a touching toast at Christmas?
6. What bird banged on Terry's window?
(a) Blue jay.
(b) Wood pecker.
(c) Red breasted robin.
(d) Red shafted flicker.
7. What is the location of the Golden Spike called?
(a) The Transcendental Connection.
(b) Promontory Point.
(c) The West Desert Museum.
(d) West Meets East.
8. What comet did Terry get to see?
(a) Comet Hykutake.
(b) Shoemaker Levy Comet.
(c) Halley's Comet.
(d) Hale Bopp Comet.
9. What kind of bird did Terry feed at the Abbey?
(d) Blue jay.
10. To whom did Terry say the Bear River belonged?
(a) Her heart.
(b) The birds.
(c) The animals.
11. What did Terry say happened to her as her mother died of cancer?
(a) Her fear grew.
(b) She took in part of Diane.
(c) Part of her died too.
(d) She got stronger.
12. Who told Diane she had many years left to live?
(a) A member of the LDS church.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A prophet.
(d) Terry's husband.
13. What was Diane tired of after her second intestinal surgery?
(a) Family drama.
(b) Being the center of attention.
(d) Physical torment.
14. Whose house hosted the holiday in the Great Horned Owl chapter?
(a) Terry's cousin.
(b) Terry's mother.
(c) Terry's sister.
(d) Terry's uncle.
15. How did Terry get contacted while on a Native American excursion?
(b) Text messages.
(c) Phone messages.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Mimi's cancer treated?
2. What did Terry feel while standing next to the river in the Meadowlarks chapter?
3. What about Diane did Terry say was accelerated in the Magpie chapter?
4. What kind of scientists did Terry work with at Silver Island?
5. How many relatives turned out to the holiday in the Great Horned Owl chapter?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)