|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the magpie flock keep Terry from doing?
2. What did Terry do when watching the curlews near the Golden Spike?
(a) Recited scripture.
(d) All of these.
3. Why was there a concrete building in the desert?
(a) To break up the monotony.
(b) By mistake it was placed there.
(c) For headquarters for researchers.
(d) To hold supplies for wanderers.
4. What did the LDS church pray for on May 5, 1986?
(a) For the drought to end.
(b) For the lake levels to drop.
(c) For the rain to stop.
(d) For the war to end.
5. What did Diane ask Terry for when she refused a treatment?
(a) To explain to her siblings.
(b) To keep her faith.
(c) To help her with her death.
(d) To keep the secret.
6. What holiday did Diane hope to make it through with her new IV?
(a) Terry's birthday.
(c) Independence Day.
(d) New Year's.
7. Whose house hosted the holiday in the Great Horned Owl chapter?
(a) Terry's sister.
(b) Terry's mother.
(c) Terry's cousin.
(d) Terry's uncle.
8. What did Terry say was so great about the petroglyphs?
(a) They gave a good warning.
(b) The spirit of those people remained.
(c) They made her not feel alone.
(d) They taught a lesson.
9. What did Terry cook for the first time for Hank's birthday?
(b) A roast.
10. How many relatives turned out to the holiday in the Great Horned Owl chapter?
11. Why did the bird refuge close down?
(a) The lake levels were too unpredictable.
(b) They lost their funding.
(c) There weren't enough birds.
(d) The building got flooded out.
12. Which desert did Terry want her mother to visit with her?
(a) The West Desert.
(b) The East Desert.
(c) The North Desert.
(d) The South Desert.
13. How tall was the concrete building in the desert?
(a) 9 stories.
(b) 9 feet.
(c) 19 stories.
(d) 99 feet.
14. What did Terry say happened to her as her mother died of cancer?
(a) Her fear grew.
(b) She took in part of Diane.
(c) Part of her died too.
(d) She got stronger.
15. What flower did Terry pick for her mother near Brighton?
(a) A glacier lily.
(b) A columbine.
(c) A sego lily.
(d) An ice rose.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did Terry bring for the slot machine at the casino?
2. What about Diane did Terry say was accelerated in the Magpie chapter?
3. Where was the holiday in the Great Horned Owl chapter held?
4. What is the location of the Golden Spike called?
5. How was Mimi's cancer treated?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)