|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Diane and Terry make a pact about?
(a) To not talk about Mimi.
(b) To go back to church.
(c) To not be sad.
(d) To not talk about Diane's illness.
2. What kind of treatment did Diane refuse in the Tanager chapter?
(a) A physical therapy plan.
(b) A dialysis plan.
(c) A radiological treatment.
(d) A new kind of chemotherapy.
3. What did Terry feel while standing next to the river in the Meadowlarks chapter?
4. What bird banged on Terry's window?
(a) Wood pecker.
(b) Blue jay.
(c) Red breasted robin.
(d) Red shafted flicker.
5. What was given to Diane in an IV to give her a few extra months?
6. What record was set in the Western Tanager chapter?
(a) The record attendance of a ribbon cutting.
(b) The record low of migratory birds in Utah.
(c) The record high of the lake level.
(d) The record low temperature for May.
7. Who wrote, "The Courtship Habits of the Great Crested Grebe"?
(a) John Hughes.
(b) Jorge Harmon.
(c) Julian Huxley.
(d) James Hunley.
8. What did Terry find along Bear River Bay?
(a) Grave markers.
(d) Endangered birds.
9. What comet did Terry get to see?
(a) Halley's Comet.
(b) Shoemaker Levy Comet.
(c) Comet Hykutake.
(d) Hale Bopp Comet.
10. How tall was the concrete building in the desert?
(a) 9 stories.
(b) 19 stories.
(c) 99 feet.
(d) 9 feet.
11. What kind of cancer did Mimi have?
(a) Skin cancer.
(b) Colon cancer.
(c) Ovarian cancer.
(d) Breast cancer.
12. What kind of curlews were used as a chapter title?
(a) Short tailed curlews.
(b) Long billed curlews.
(c) Migratory curlews.
(d) Black beaked curlews.
13. What was Diane tired of after her second intestinal surgery?
(b) Family drama.
(c) Physical torment.
(d) Being the center of attention.
14. Where was the holiday in the Great Horned Owl chapter held?
15. Why did Diane not answer the door when Terry came over after being awakened by a bird?
(a) She was sleeping.
(b) She was mad at Terry.
(c) She was too weak.
(d) She didn't hear the knock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Terry feed the birds at the Abbey?
2. Where did Terry go while Mimi's cancer was treated?
3. Who went with Terry while Mimi got her cancer treatment?
4. What did Terry say happened to her as her mother died of cancer?
5. How many relatives turned out to the holiday in the Great Horned Owl chapter?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)