|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of geese is used as a chapter title in this book?
(a) Canada Geese.
(b) Greyback Geese.
(c) Northern Atlantic Geese.
(d) Black Geese.
2. Who told Diane she had many years left to live?
(a) A prophet.
(b) Terry's husband.
(c) A member of the LDS church.
(d) A doctor.
3. What did Terry realize while at the Abbey?
(a) Her husband needed her love.
(b) It was time to let go.
(c) She loved her mother.
(d) She was sick.
4. What did Terry do to keep the magpies from bothering her?
(a) Got the birds to leave.
(b) Got ear plugs.
(c) Gave into her natural cycle.
(d) Blocked out the sound.
5. Who gave a touching toast at Christmas?
6. What about Diane did Terry say was accelerated in the Magpie chapter?
(a) Her entire being.
(b) Her faith.
(c) Her love of solitude.
(d) All of these.
7. What did Terry find along Bear River Bay?
(b) Grave markers.
(c) Endangered birds.
8. Who gave Terry a ride home while she was on the Native American excursion?
(a) Her boss.
(b) A ranger.
(c) A tribal chief.
(d) A bus driver.
9. What river was Terry next to in the Meadowlarks chapter?
(a) Jordan River.
(b) Snake River.
(c) Green River.
(d) Escalante River.
10. What did Terry cook for the first time for Hank's birthday?
(a) A roast.
11. What was Diane tired of after her second intestinal surgery?
(b) Family drama.
(c) Being the center of attention.
(d) Physical torment.
12. Where did Terry go while Mimi's cancer was treated?
(a) The museum.
(b) The lake.
(c) The refuge.
(d) The temple.
13. How was Mimi's cancer treated?
(d) All of these.
14. How did the thing Terry cooked for Hank's birthday turn out?
15. What kind of treatment did Diane refuse in the Tanager chapter?
(a) A radiological treatment.
(b) A new kind of chemotherapy.
(c) A dialysis plan.
(d) A physical therapy plan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What age was the group Terry took on a Native American excursion?
2. What kind of cancer did Mimi have?
3. What did Terry do when watching the curlews near the Golden Spike?
4. What did Terry say happened to her as her mother died of cancer?
5. What did the magpie flock keep Terry from doing?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)