|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the Great Salt Lake freezable?
(a) The decreased salinity.
(b) All of these.
(c) The influx of fresh water.
(d) The cold temperatures.
2. What causes the Great Salt Lake levels to rise?
(b) All of these.
(c) Snow run off.
(d) Desaturation of salt.
3. What did the author test about the Great Salt Lake?
(a) The buoyancy in the water.
(b) The salinity of the water.
(c) The foliage around the water.
(d) The health of the water.
4. What surprised the men at Antelope Island about Terry?
(a) She was their boss.
(b) She was happy about the lake waters.
(c) She knew a lot about birds.
(d) She was willing to help them.
5. Who loved birds more than Terry did?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her husband.
6. What happened to Diane Dixon Tempest in 1971?
(a) She got an STD.
(b) She had a disabled child.
(c) She got cancer.
(d) She was mobbed.
7. How does the author describe the Great Salt Lake?
8. What was the second option when the lake exceeded the limits?
(a) Divert the Water.
(b) Pumping the water.
(c) Diking the water.
(d) Store the water.
9. How does the author's brother get out of church one day?
(a) He is called to work.
(b) He has to help with a flood.
(c) His sister asks for his help.
(d) His mother gets very ill.
10. What chance of survival did Diane have during radiation?
11. What would have been threatened if the lake water were pumped?
(a) The natural foliage of the area.
(b) The mineral levels.
(c) The Air Force shooting range.
(d) The desert dwelling birds.
12. What did the author's family do for vacations when she was a child?
(a) Went camping.
(b) Visited relatives.
(c) Took road trips.
(d) Flew to exotic locations.
13. How did Diane feel when she heard what her survival rate was during radiation?
14. Where did the author's mother have a tumor?
(a) Her back.
(b) Her arm.
(c) Her abdomen.
(d) Her head.
15. What did Brigham Young call the Great Basin?
(a) The Promised Land.
(b) The New Jerusalem.
(c) The Zion.
(d) The Holy Land.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many species of birds use the refuge?
2. What was the third option for when the lake exceeded the limits?
3. Where did Diane go swimming while she was still sick?
4. What did Diane spot at Bear River that was rare?
5. Why did the author think her mother couldn't get sick?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)