|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the author working during her mother's chemotherapy treatments?
(a) A college.
(b) A museum.
(c) A refuge.
(d) A church.
2. Who originally had the idea to pump the lake's water?
(a) John Taylor.
(b) Wilford Woodfruff.
(c) Joseph Smith.
(d) Brigham Young.
3. What would have been threatened if the lake water were pumped?
(a) The natural foliage of the area.
(b) The mineral levels.
(c) The desert dwelling birds.
(d) The Air Force shooting range.
4. What was the name of Terry's mother's doctor?
(a) Dr. Smith.
(b) Dr. McKay.
(c) Dr. Taylor.
(d) Dr. Young.
5. Where did the author's mother have a tumor?
(a) Her head.
(b) Her abdomen.
(c) Her arm.
(d) Her back.
6. Where did Diane go swimming while she was still sick?
(a) Lake Powell.
(b) Utah Lake.
(c) Bear Lake.
(d) The Great Salt Lake.
7. What causes the Great Salt Lake levels to lower?
(c) Strong inlets.
(d) All of these.
8. Who did Diane know with a brain tumor?
(a) A friend.
(b) A brother.
(c) An aunt.
(d) A cousin.
9. How old was the author when she joined the Audubon Society?
10. What was included in the Pink Flamingos chapter?
11. In 1985, half a million ____________________ were purchased.
(a) Duck decoys.
(b) Travel vouchers.
(c) Plastic flamingos.
(d) Salt Lake crystals.
12. How does the author's brother get out of church one day?
(a) His mother gets very ill.
(b) His sister asks for his help.
(c) He is called to work.
(d) He has to help with a flood.
13. To whom did Terry compare Antelope Island?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her father.
14. What did the author compare the Great Salt Lake to?
(a) A dinner plate.
(b) A cup.
(c) A tea kettle.
(d) A pot.
15. What causes the depths of the Great Salt Lake to change?
(b) Drought conditions.
(c) Climate changes.
(d) Salt manufactureres.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Diane spot at Bear River that was rare?
2. Which of these is a title Terry used for the Great Salt Lake?
3. What did Terry say should be used to catch the outlaw in Chapter 8?
4. What climate did the author learn about while in the Audubon Society?
5. Where does the phalarope get food?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)