|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the author go somewhere after her mother's surgery?
(a) To give her mother privacy.
(b) To pay her respects.
(c) To collect her thoughts.
(d) To pray.
2. What was the third option for when the lake exceeded the limits?
(a) Pump the water.
(b) Breach the causeway.
(c) Diking the water.
(d) Store the water.
3. Who wrote "God Sees the Truth but Waits"?
4. What is the first chapter called?
(a) Burrowing Owls.
(c) Great Grandma.
(d) The Great Salt Lake.
5. Who loved birds more than Terry did?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) Her husband.
6. What is the name of the author's brother?
7. What did the author test about the Great Salt Lake?
(a) The buoyancy in the water.
(b) The foliage around the water.
(c) The health of the water.
(d) The salinity of the water.
8. When did the author usually speak to her mother?
(a) On the weekends.
(b) In the afternoons.
(c) At night.
(d) In the mornings.
9. How big was the author's mother's tumor?
(a) The size of a grapefruit.
(b) The size of a kiwi.
(c) The size of a cherry.
(d) The size of an apple.
10. Which of these is a title Terry used for the Great Salt Lake?
(a) A friend in a strange place.
(b) A woman who refuses to be tamed.
(c) A wild place of civilization.
(d) A symbol of God's power.
11. In what season do the Great Salt Lake levels lower?
12. What did Terry want to communicate with in the Pink Flamingos chapter?
(a) A friend.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her God.
(d) The land.
13. What did Diane spot at Bear River that was rare?
(a) Snow buntings.
(c) Pacific gulls.
(d) Bald eagles.
14. How did Diane communicate with the person she knew with a brain tumor?
(a) Phone calls.
(d) Monthly visits.
15. What did the author compare the Great Salt Lake to?
(a) A tea kettle.
(b) A pot.
(c) A cup.
(d) A dinner plate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were all the chapters in this first section named after?
2. What makes the Great Salt Lake freezable?
3. Why did Terry compare someone to Antelope Island?
4. What separates the Bear River from the Snake River?
5. What chance of survival did Diane have during radiation?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)