|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many options were available when the lake exceeded the limits?
2. When did the author usually speak to her mother?
(a) At night.
(b) In the mornings.
(c) In the afternoons.
(d) On the weekends.
3. Why was the author surprised when her mother agreed to use chemotherapy?
(a) She didn't believe in it before.
(b) She was afraid of it.
(c) She had been refusing it.
(d) She had talked her sister out of it.
4. What happened to Diane Dixon Tempest in 1971?
(a) She had a disabled child.
(b) She got cancer.
(c) She got an STD.
(d) She was mobbed.
5. How many species of birds use the refuge?
6. Where did Diane go swimming while she was still sick?
(a) Lake Powell.
(b) Bear Lake.
(c) The Great Salt Lake.
(d) Utah Lake.
7. What was the third option for when the lake exceeded the limits?
(a) Diking the water.
(b) Pump the water.
(c) Breach the causeway.
(d) Store the water.
8. What would have been threatened if the lake water were pumped?
(a) The mineral levels.
(b) The desert dwelling birds.
(c) The natural foliage of the area.
(d) The Air Force shooting range.
9. Where did Terry go after hearing her mother needed radiation?
(a) The Bird Refuge.
(b) The Great Salt Lake.
(c) Bear River.
(d) Antelope Island.
10. Where was the author working during her mother's chemotherapy treatments?
(a) A refuge.
(b) A church.
(c) A college.
(d) A museum.
11. What climate did the author learn about while in the Audubon Society?
(b) Flat lands.
12. What is the name of the author's brother?
13. What kind of gulls were used as a chapter title?
(a) California Gulls.
(b) Albatross Gulls.
(c) Pacific Gulls.
(d) Sea Gulls.
14. What were all the chapters in this first section named after?
(d) Places in the US.
15. How does the author's brother get out of church one day?
(a) His mother gets very ill.
(b) He has to help with a flood.
(c) His sister asks for his help.
(d) He is called to work.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what season do the Great Salt Lake levels rise?
2. Where did the author learn about the Great Salt Lake?
3. Who wrote "God Sees the Truth but Waits"?
4. Which of these is a title Terry used for the Great Salt Lake?
5. What did the author's family do for vacations when she was a child?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)