|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who originally had the idea to pump the lake's water?
(a) Joseph Smith.
(b) Brigham Young.
(c) John Taylor.
(d) Wilford Woodfruff.
2. To whom did Terry compare Antelope Island?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her cousin.
3. What did Terry want to communicate with in the Pink Flamingos chapter?
(a) Her mother.
(b) A friend.
(c) Her God.
(d) The land.
4. What was included in the Pink Flamingos chapter?
5. Why does the author describe the Great Salt Lake in the way she does?
(a) It is pure.
(b) No animals can live around it.
(c) It is shrinking.
(d) It has no outlet to the ocean.
6. Where did the author learn about the Great Salt Lake?
(c) A conference.
(d) A trip.
7. In what season do the Great Salt Lake levels rise?
8. How did the author describe her mother's chemotherapy treatments?
9. How big was the author's mother's tumor?
(a) The size of a kiwi.
(b) The size of a grapefruit.
(c) The size of a cherry.
(d) The size of an apple.
10. What surprised the men at Antelope Island about Terry?
(a) She was their boss.
(b) She was willing to help them.
(c) She knew a lot about birds.
(d) She was happy about the lake waters.
11. What chance of survival did Diane have during radiation?
12. When did the author usually speak to her mother?
(a) At night.
(b) In the mornings.
(c) In the afternoons.
(d) On the weekends.
13. What is the name of the author's brother?
14. What did the author learn from her mother while she was sick?
15. Who took the author to the bird conservatory?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her mentor.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many options were available when the lake exceeded the limits?
2. Where was the author working during her mother's chemotherapy treatments?
3. What was the name of Terry's mother's doctor?
4. What did the author compare the Great Salt Lake to?
5. What killed the wheat fields of the early Mormon pioneers?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)