|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What climate did the author learn about while in the Audubon Society?
(a) Flat lands.
2. When did the author usually speak to her mother?
(a) In the afternoons.
(b) At night.
(c) In the mornings.
(d) On the weekends.
3. How did Diane communicate with the person she knew with a brain tumor?
(b) Phone calls.
(d) Monthly visits.
4. Where did Diane go swimming while she was still sick?
(a) Utah Lake.
(b) Bear Lake.
(c) Lake Powell.
(d) The Great Salt Lake.
5. Where did the activities in this book take place?
6. What did the author test about the Great Salt Lake?
(a) The foliage around the water.
(b) The buoyancy in the water.
(c) The salinity of the water.
(d) The health of the water.
7. What did Terry want to communicate with in the Pink Flamingos chapter?
(a) A friend.
(b) Her God.
(c) Her mother.
(d) The land.
8. What surprised the men at Antelope Island about Terry?
(a) She knew a lot about birds.
(b) She was happy about the lake waters.
(c) She was willing to help them.
(d) She was their boss.
9. In what season do the Great Salt Lake levels rise?
10. To whom did Terry compare Antelope Island?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her father.
11. Who was the outlaw referred to in Chapter 8?
(a) The lake.
(b) Robert Redford.
(c) Butch Cassidy.
(d) Terry Williams.
12. Who wrote "God Sees the Truth but Waits"?
13. What did the author learn from her mother while she was sick?
14. How old was the author when she joined the Audubon Society?
15. How did Diane feel when she heard what her survival rate was during radiation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author's family do for vacations when she was a child?
2. What is the first chapter called?
3. Where was the author working during her mother's chemotherapy treatments?
4. What causes the Great Salt Lake levels to rise?
5. What did the author compare the Great Salt Lake to?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)