|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the depths of the Great Salt Lake to change?
(a) Drought conditions.
(b) Climate changes.
(c) Salt manufactureres.
2. Where did the author learn about the Great Salt Lake?
(c) A trip.
(d) A conference.
3. What did the author learn from her mother while she was sick?
4. What did the author say she gauged her life by?
5. Who wrote "God Sees the Truth but Waits"?
6. What makes the Great Salt Lake freezable?
(a) The decreased salinity.
(b) All of these.
(c) The influx of fresh water.
(d) The cold temperatures.
7. Where does the phalarope get food?
(a) The shore.
(b) The bottom of the water.
(c) Dead carcasses.
8. How did the author describe her mother's chemotherapy treatments?
9. What is the name of the author's brother?
10. Why was the author surprised when her mother agreed to use chemotherapy?
(a) She had talked her sister out of it.
(b) She didn't believe in it before.
(c) She was afraid of it.
(d) She had been refusing it.
11. What information did the author give at the beginning of each chapter?
(a) Her age.
(b) The lake levels.
(c) The year.
(d) The location of her family.
12. How long did Terry's mother's doctor want to put her on radiation?
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 5 weeks.
(d) 5 days.
13. What was the name of Terry's mother's doctor?
(a) Dr. Young.
(b) Dr. Taylor.
(c) Dr. McKay.
(d) Dr. Smith.
14. What did the author compare the Great Salt Lake to?
(a) A tea kettle.
(b) A dinner plate.
(c) A cup.
(d) A pot.
15. Who loved birds more than Terry did?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What saved the Mormon pioneers when their wheat fields were being destroyed?
2. Why did the author go somewhere after her mother's surgery?
3. How many options were available when the lake exceeded the limits?
4. Which of these is a title Terry used for the Great Salt Lake?
5. To whom did Terry compare Antelope Island?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)