|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would have been threatened if the lake water were pumped?
(a) The mineral levels.
(b) The natural foliage of the area.
(c) The desert dwelling birds.
(d) The Air Force shooting range.
2. What makes the Great Salt Lake freezable?
(a) All of these.
(b) The influx of fresh water.
(c) The cold temperatures.
(d) The decreased salinity.
3. Where did Terry go after hearing her mother needed radiation?
(a) Bear River.
(b) Antelope Island.
(c) The Bird Refuge.
(d) The Great Salt Lake.
4. Why does the author describe the Great Salt Lake in the way she does?
(a) It is shrinking.
(b) It has no outlet to the ocean.
(c) No animals can live around it.
(d) It is pure.
5. What did Brigham Young call the Great Basin?
(a) The New Jerusalem.
(b) The Zion.
(c) The Promised Land.
(d) The Holy Land.
6. What was the second option when the lake exceeded the limits?
(a) Store the water.
(b) Divert the Water.
(c) Pumping the water.
(d) Diking the water.
7. Who took the author to the bird conservatory?
(a) Her mentor.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her grandmother.
8. How did Diane communicate with the person she knew with a brain tumor?
(a) Monthly visits.
(b) Phone calls.
9. What did the author compare the Great Salt Lake to?
(a) A tea kettle.
(b) A cup.
(c) A pot.
(d) A dinner plate.
10. In what season do the Great Salt Lake levels lower?
11. What causes the depths of the Great Salt Lake to change?
(a) Salt manufactureres.
(b) Climate changes.
(d) Drought conditions.
12. What did the author learn from her mother while she was sick?
13. Who did Diane know with a brain tumor?
(a) An aunt.
(b) A brother.
(c) A friend.
(d) A cousin.
14. What climate did the author learn about while in the Audubon Society?
(c) Flat lands.
15. Who wrote "God Sees the Truth but Waits"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Terry say should be used to catch the outlaw in Chapter 8?
2. What causes the Great Salt Lake levels to lower?
3. What were all the chapters in this first section named after?
4. Where did the author go after her mother's surgery?
5. How many species of birds use the refuge?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)