|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the author describe the Great Salt Lake in the way she does?
(a) No animals can live around it.
(b) It has no outlet to the ocean.
(c) It is shrinking.
(d) It is pure.
2. How deep is the Great Salt Lake?
(a) 33 feet.
(b) 23 feet.
(c) 43 feet.
(d) 13 feet.
3. To whom did Terry compare Antelope Island?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her brother.
4. What did Terry want to communicate with in the Pink Flamingos chapter?
(a) Her God.
(b) A friend.
(c) Her mother.
(d) The land.
5. Who wrote "God Sees the Truth but Waits"?
6. In 1985, half a million ____________________ were purchased.
(a) Plastic flamingos.
(b) Duck decoys.
(c) Travel vouchers.
(d) Salt Lake crystals.
7. Where did the author learn about the Great Salt Lake?
(a) A trip.
(b) A conference.
8. What causes the depths of the Great Salt Lake to change?
(a) Salt manufactureres.
(b) Drought conditions.
(c) Climate changes.
9. How old was the author when she joined the Audubon Society?
10. What was the second option when the lake exceeded the limits?
(a) Pumping the water.
(b) Store the water.
(c) Diking the water.
(d) Divert the Water.
11. What happened to Diane Dixon Tempest in 1971?
(a) She got an STD.
(b) She got cancer.
(c) She had a disabled child.
(d) She was mobbed.
12. Who loved birds more than Terry did?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her husband.
13. What did Terry say should be used to catch the outlaw in Chapter 8?
(a) A lasso.
(b) A gun.
(c) A noose.
(d) A taser.
14. Why was the author surprised when her mother agreed to use chemotherapy?
(a) She had talked her sister out of it.
(b) She had been refusing it.
(c) She didn't believe in it before.
(d) She was afraid of it.
15. Where did Terry go after hearing her mother needed radiation?
(a) The Great Salt Lake.
(b) Bear River.
(c) Antelope Island.
(d) The Bird Refuge.
Short Answer Questions
1. How big was the author's mother's tumor?
2. What enraged Diane when she was ill?
3. Where did the author's mother have a tumor?
4. How did Diane communicate with the person she knew with a brain tumor?
5. How does the author's brother get out of church one day?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)