|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the author think her mother couldn't get sick?
(a) She was too beautiful.
(b) She was too good.
(c) She was too strong.
(d) She was too young.
2. Who originally had the idea to pump the lake's water?
(a) John Taylor.
(b) Wilford Woodfruff.
(c) Brigham Young.
(d) Joseph Smith.
3. How did the author describe her mother's chemotherapy treatments?
4. Where was the author working during her mother's chemotherapy treatments?
(a) A museum.
(b) A college.
(c) A refuge.
(d) A church.
5. Who wrote "God Sees the Truth but Waits"?
6. How many species of birds use the refuge?
7. How many options were available when the lake exceeded the limits?
8. What surprised the men at Antelope Island about Terry?
(a) She knew a lot about birds.
(b) She was happy about the lake waters.
(c) She was willing to help them.
(d) She was their boss.
9. What causes the Great Salt Lake levels to lower?
(a) All of these.
(b) Strong inlets.
10. How did Diane communicate with the person she knew with a brain tumor?
(c) Monthly visits.
(d) Phone calls.
11. How does the author's brother get out of church one day?
(a) He has to help with a flood.
(b) His sister asks for his help.
(c) He is called to work.
(d) His mother gets very ill.
12. What caused the author's mother to use chemotherapy?
(a) She had much to live for.
(b) She had seen her sister use it.
(c) She believed in her doctor.
(d) She had a dream about it.
13. How did Diane feel when she heard what her survival rate was during radiation?
14. Who was the outlaw referred to in Chapter 8?
(a) Terry Williams.
(b) Butch Cassidy.
(c) The lake.
(d) Robert Redford.
15. Where did Terry go after hearing her mother needed radiation?
(a) Antelope Island.
(b) The Great Salt Lake.
(c) The Bird Refuge.
(d) Bear River.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the author when she joined the Audubon Society?
2. Where did the author's mother have a tumor?
3. What climate did the author learn about while in the Audubon Society?
4. Where did Diane live mostly while in chemotherapy treatments?
5. What was included in the Pink Flamingos chapter?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)