|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Terry want to communicate with in the Pink Flamingos chapter?
(a) The land.
(b) Her mother.
(c) A friend.
(d) Her God.
2. How deep is the Great Salt Lake?
(a) 43 feet.
(b) 13 feet.
(c) 23 feet.
(d) 33 feet.
3. Where did the author's mother have a tumor?
(a) Her arm.
(b) Her back.
(c) Her abdomen.
(d) Her head.
4. How does the author's brother get out of church one day?
(a) He has to help with a flood.
(b) He is called to work.
(c) His mother gets very ill.
(d) His sister asks for his help.
5. What did the author compare the Great Salt Lake to?
(a) A tea kettle.
(b) A pot.
(c) A cup.
(d) A dinner plate.
6. Which of these is a title Terry used for the Great Salt Lake?
(a) A symbol of God's power.
(b) A wild place of civilization.
(c) A friend in a strange place.
(d) A woman who refuses to be tamed.
7. How old was the author when she joined the Audubon Society?
8. Why did Terry compare someone to Antelope Island?
(a) She has been unlawful.
(b) He has a hard will.
(c) He is unpredictable.
(d) She is unreachable.
9. How many options were available when the lake exceeded the limits?
10. What is the first chapter called?
(b) Great Grandma.
(c) The Great Salt Lake.
(d) Burrowing Owls.
11. To whom did Terry compare Antelope Island?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her father.
12. How did Diane feel when she heard what her survival rate was during radiation?
13. What was the second option when the lake exceeded the limits?
(a) Store the water.
(b) Divert the Water.
(c) Pumping the water.
(d) Diking the water.
14. Who wrote "God Sees the Truth but Waits"?
15. How did Diane communicate with the person she knew with a brain tumor?
(a) Monthly visits.
(d) Phone calls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were all the chapters in this first section named after?
2. How does the author describe the Great Salt Lake?
3. Where did the author learn about the Great Salt Lake?
4. Why did the author think her mother couldn't get sick?
5. What caused the author's mother to use chemotherapy?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)