Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the author working during her mother's chemotherapy treatments?
(a) A museum.
(b) A refuge.
(c) A college.
(d) A church.
2. What makes the Great Salt Lake freezable?
(a) The influx of fresh water.
(b) The decreased salinity.
(c) The cold temperatures.
(d) All of these.
3. What is the first chapter called?
(a) Great Grandma.
(b) The Great Salt Lake.
(d) Burrowing Owls.
4. In what season do the Great Salt Lake levels rise?
5. How many options were available when the lake exceeded the limits?
6. What surprised the men at Antelope Island about Terry?
(a) She was their boss.
(b) She knew a lot about birds.
(c) She was happy about the lake waters.
(d) She was willing to help them.
7. How did Diane feel when she heard what her survival rate was during radiation?
8. How does the author describe the Great Salt Lake?
9. What chance of survival did Diane have during radiation?
10. What separates the Bear River from the Snake River?
(a) A sandy plateau.
(b) A mountain range.
(c) A volcanic dam.
(d) A man made dike.
11. What causes the depths of the Great Salt Lake to change?
(b) Climate changes.
(c) Drought conditions.
(d) Salt manufactureres.
12. How long did it take the author to get from her house to the airport?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 25 minutes.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 45 minutes.
13. Who loved birds more than Terry did?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) Her brother.
14. What did Diane spot at Bear River that was rare?
(a) Snow buntings.
(b) Bald eagles.
(d) Pacific gulls.
15. What did the author's family do for vacations when she was a child?
(a) Flew to exotic locations.
(b) Went camping.
(c) Took road trips.
(d) Visited relatives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author learn from her mother while she was sick?
2. In what season do the Great Salt Lake levels lower?
3. How old was the author when she joined the Audubon Society?
4. How did Diane communicate with the person she knew with a brain tumor?
5. How did the author describe her mother's chemotherapy treatments?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)