|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the author working during her mother's chemotherapy treatments?
(a) A college.
(b) A church.
(c) A museum.
(d) A refuge.
2. What would have been threatened if the lake water were pumped?
(a) The mineral levels.
(b) The desert dwelling birds.
(c) The natural foliage of the area.
(d) The Air Force shooting range.
3. What did the author test about the Great Salt Lake?
(a) The buoyancy in the water.
(b) The salinity of the water.
(c) The health of the water.
(d) The foliage around the water.
4. Where did Terry go after hearing her mother needed radiation?
(a) Antelope Island.
(b) The Great Salt Lake.
(c) The Bird Refuge.
(d) Bear River.
5. Why does the author describe the Great Salt Lake in the way she does?
(a) It is shrinking.
(b) It is pure.
(c) No animals can live around it.
(d) It has no outlet to the ocean.
6. How old was the author when she joined the Audubon Society?
7. Who did Diane know with a brain tumor?
(a) A brother.
(b) An aunt.
(c) A friend.
(d) A cousin.
8. What was Terry looking for after hearing her mother needed radiation?
9. Which of these is a title Terry used for the Great Salt Lake?
(a) A wild place of civilization.
(b) A friend in a strange place.
(c) A woman who refuses to be tamed.
(d) A symbol of God's power.
10. What was included in the Pink Flamingos chapter?
11. What causes the depths of the Great Salt Lake to change?
(a) Drought conditions.
(b) Climate changes.
(c) Salt manufactureres.
12. Where did the author's mother have a tumor?
(a) Her back.
(b) Her abdomen.
(c) Her head.
(d) Her arm.
13. Where does the phalarope get food?
(a) The shore.
(b) Dead carcasses.
(c) The bottom of the water.
14. What did Brigham Young call the Great Basin?
(a) The Holy Land.
(b) The Zion.
(c) The New Jerusalem.
(d) The Promised Land.
15. What separates the Bear River from the Snake River?
(a) A mountain range.
(b) A volcanic dam.
(c) A man made dike.
(d) A sandy plateau.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the author surprised when her mother agreed to use chemotherapy?
2. How many species of birds use the refuge?
3. What did the author's family do for vacations when she was a child?
4. What was the second option when the lake exceeded the limits?
5. How long did Terry's mother's doctor want to put her on radiation?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)