|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the author go somewhere after her mother's surgery?
(a) To pray.
(b) To collect her thoughts.
(c) To pay her respects.
(d) To give her mother privacy.
2. Who originally had the idea to pump the lake's water?
(a) Wilford Woodfruff.
(b) Brigham Young.
(c) Joseph Smith.
(d) John Taylor.
3. How does the author describe the Great Salt Lake?
4. How did Diane communicate with the person she knew with a brain tumor?
(b) Monthly visits.
(c) Phone calls.
5. Where did Diane live mostly while in chemotherapy treatments?
(a) The next world.
(b) The past.
(c) The present.
(d) The future.
6. What killed the wheat fields of the early Mormon pioneers?
7. What did the author's family do for vacations when she was a child?
(a) Visited relatives.
(b) Went camping.
(c) Flew to exotic locations.
(d) Took road trips.
8. Where did Diane go swimming while she was still sick?
(a) The Great Salt Lake.
(b) Bear Lake.
(c) Lake Powell.
(d) Utah Lake.
9. What happened to Diane Dixon Tempest in 1971?
(a) She got an STD.
(b) She got cancer.
(c) She was mobbed.
(d) She had a disabled child.
10. How big was the author's mother's tumor?
(a) The size of an apple.
(b) The size of a grapefruit.
(c) The size of a cherry.
(d) The size of a kiwi.
11. How old was the author when she joined the Audubon Society?
12. Why did the author think her mother couldn't get sick?
(a) She was too young.
(b) She was too good.
(c) She was too strong.
(d) She was too beautiful.
13. What were all the chapters in this first section named after?
(c) Places in the US.
14. How many species of birds use the refuge?
15. Where did the author learn about the Great Salt Lake?
(a) A conference.
(c) A trip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What chance of survival did Diane have during radiation?
2. What causes the Great Salt Lake levels to rise?
3. Who did Diane know with a brain tumor?
4. What did Brigham Young call the Great Basin?
5. What did the author compare the Great Salt Lake to?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)