|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the author go after her mother's surgery?
(a) The Great Salt Lake.
(b) Her grandmother's house.
(c) The bird refuge.
(d) A cemetary.
2. How many options were available when the lake exceeded the limits?
3. How did Diane feel when she heard what her survival rate was during radiation?
4. What is the first chapter called?
(a) Great Grandma.
(b) The Great Salt Lake.
(d) Burrowing Owls.
5. Where did Diane live mostly while in chemotherapy treatments?
(a) The future.
(b) The present.
(c) The next world.
(d) The past.
6. What was the second option when the lake exceeded the limits?
(a) Divert the Water.
(b) Store the water.
(c) Diking the water.
(d) Pumping the water.
7. What causes the Great Salt Lake levels to rise?
(a) All of these.
(b) Snow run off.
(c) Desaturation of salt.
8. Where did the activities in this book take place?
9. To whom did Terry compare Antelope Island?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her cousin.
10. What did the author compare the Great Salt Lake to?
(a) A pot.
(b) A cup.
(c) A tea kettle.
(d) A dinner plate.
11. Where did the author's mother have a tumor?
(a) Her back.
(b) Her arm.
(c) Her head.
(d) Her abdomen.
12. How deep is the Great Salt Lake?
(a) 23 feet.
(b) 33 feet.
(c) 13 feet.
(d) 43 feet.
13. Where was the author working during her mother's chemotherapy treatments?
(a) A college.
(b) A church.
(c) A refuge.
(d) A museum.
14. In 1985, half a million ____________________ were purchased.
(a) Travel vouchers.
(b) Salt Lake crystals.
(c) Plastic flamingos.
(d) Duck decoys.
15. What was the third option for when the lake exceeded the limits?
(a) Breach the causeway.
(b) Pump the water.
(c) Store the water.
(d) Diking the water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the Great Salt Lake levels to lower?
2. Who did Diane know with a brain tumor?
3. Where did Diane go swimming while she was still sick?
4. What did the author say she gauged her life by?
5. How did Diane communicate with the person she knew with a brain tumor?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)