|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the author learn from her mother while she was sick?
2. Where did the author learn about the Great Salt Lake?
(b) A trip.
(d) A conference.
3. What chance of survival did Diane have during radiation?
4. When did the author usually speak to her mother?
(a) At night.
(b) In the afternoons.
(c) On the weekends.
(d) In the mornings.
5. What was the name of Terry's mother's doctor?
(a) Dr. Smith.
(b) Dr. Taylor.
(c) Dr. McKay.
(d) Dr. Young.
6. What causes the Great Salt Lake levels to rise?
(a) Desaturation of salt.
(b) Snow run off.
(c) All of these.
7. Where was the author working during her mother's chemotherapy treatments?
(a) A museum.
(b) A church.
(c) A college.
(d) A refuge.
8. Who took the author to the bird conservatory?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her mentor.
(d) Her father.
9. What was included in the Pink Flamingos chapter?
10. What climate did the author learn about while in the Audubon Society?
(a) Flat lands.
11. Where did the author's mother have a tumor?
(a) Her abdomen.
(b) Her back.
(c) Her head.
(d) Her arm.
12. What did Brigham Young call the Great Basin?
(a) The Promised Land.
(b) The Holy Land.
(c) The Zion.
(d) The New Jerusalem.
13. What enraged Diane when she was ill?
(a) That she was dying.
(b) That her doctor lied to her.
(c) That she was in so much pain.
(d) That her family could not accept her illness.
14. Why does the author describe the Great Salt Lake in the way she does?
(a) It is shrinking.
(b) It has no outlet to the ocean.
(c) No animals can live around it.
(d) It is pure.
15. Why did the author think her mother couldn't get sick?
(a) She was too strong.
(b) She was too young.
(c) She was too good.
(d) She was too beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the outlaw referred to in Chapter 8?
2. How deep is the Great Salt Lake?
3. What is the first chapter called?
4. What information did the author give at the beginning of each chapter?
5. What was the third option for when the lake exceeded the limits?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)