|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the author describe her mother's chemotherapy treatments?
2. Who took the author to the bird conservatory?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her mentor.
(d) Her father.
3. Why was the author surprised when her mother agreed to use chemotherapy?
(a) She had been refusing it.
(b) She had talked her sister out of it.
(c) She didn't believe in it before.
(d) She was afraid of it.
4. What was the name of Terry's mother's doctor?
(a) Dr. Taylor.
(b) Dr. Smith.
(c) Dr. Young.
(d) Dr. McKay.
5. How deep is the Great Salt Lake?
(a) 23 feet.
(b) 13 feet.
(c) 43 feet.
(d) 33 feet.
6. What did the author test about the Great Salt Lake?
(a) The salinity of the water.
(b) The foliage around the water.
(c) The health of the water.
(d) The buoyancy in the water.
7. What did the author say she gauged her life by?
8. Why did Terry compare someone to Antelope Island?
(a) He is unpredictable.
(b) She is unreachable.
(c) She has been unlawful.
(d) He has a hard will.
9. What enraged Diane when she was ill?
(a) That her doctor lied to her.
(b) That she was in so much pain.
(c) That she was dying.
(d) That her family could not accept her illness.
10. What was the second option when the lake exceeded the limits?
(a) Pumping the water.
(b) Store the water.
(c) Diking the water.
(d) Divert the Water.
11. What did Diane spot at Bear River that was rare?
(a) Pacific gulls.
(b) Bald eagles.
(c) Snow buntings.
12. How does the author describe the Great Salt Lake?
13. What chance of survival did Diane have during radiation?
14. What is the first chapter called?
(b) The Great Salt Lake.
(c) Burrowing Owls.
(d) Great Grandma.
15. What makes the Great Salt Lake freezable?
(a) The decreased salinity.
(b) All of these.
(c) The influx of fresh water.
(d) The cold temperatures.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Terry go after hearing her mother needed radiation?
2. Where did Diane live mostly while in chemotherapy treatments?
3. How old was the author when she joined the Audubon Society?
4. What caused the author's mother to use chemotherapy?
5. What causes the Great Salt Lake levels to rise?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)