|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Brigham Young call the Great Basin?
(a) The New Jerusalem.
(b) The Promised Land.
(c) The Zion.
(d) The Holy Land.
2. How big was the author's mother's tumor?
(a) The size of a kiwi.
(b) The size of an apple.
(c) The size of a cherry.
(d) The size of a grapefruit.
3. Why did the author go somewhere after her mother's surgery?
(a) To pay her respects.
(b) To give her mother privacy.
(c) To collect her thoughts.
(d) To pray.
4. What kind of gulls were used as a chapter title?
(a) Albatross Gulls.
(b) Pacific Gulls.
(c) Sea Gulls.
(d) California Gulls.
5. How old was the author when she joined the Audubon Society?
6. What makes the Great Salt Lake freezable?
(a) The cold temperatures.
(b) All of these.
(c) The influx of fresh water.
(d) The decreased salinity.
7. How long did it take the author to get from her house to the airport?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) 25 minutes.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 2 hours.
8. Where did Diane go swimming while she was still sick?
(a) Bear Lake.
(b) Lake Powell.
(c) Utah Lake.
(d) The Great Salt Lake.
9. What was the second option when the lake exceeded the limits?
(a) Diking the water.
(b) Divert the Water.
(c) Pumping the water.
(d) Store the water.
10. What did Terry want to communicate with in the Pink Flamingos chapter?
(a) Her mother.
(b) The land.
(c) Her God.
(d) A friend.
11. What was the name of Terry's mother's doctor?
(a) Dr. Smith.
(b) Dr. McKay.
(c) Dr. Young.
(d) Dr. Taylor.
12. Where did Terry go after hearing her mother needed radiation?
(a) Antelope Island.
(b) The Great Salt Lake.
(c) Bear River.
(d) The Bird Refuge.
13. How did the author describe her mother's chemotherapy treatments?
14. What causes the Great Salt Lake levels to rise?
(b) All of these.
(c) Desaturation of salt.
(d) Snow run off.
15. Why does the author describe the Great Salt Lake in the way she does?
(a) It has no outlet to the ocean.
(b) It is pure.
(c) No animals can live around it.
(d) It is shrinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What chance of survival did Diane have during radiation?
2. What did the author test about the Great Salt Lake?
3. Where did the author's mother have a tumor?
4. What saved the Mormon pioneers when their wheat fields were being destroyed?
5. When did the author usually speak to her mother?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)