|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who loved birds more than Terry did?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her daughter.
2. Who did Diane know with a brain tumor?
(a) A brother.
(b) A cousin.
(c) A friend.
(d) An aunt.
3. In what season do the Great Salt Lake levels rise?
4. Where did Diane live mostly while in chemotherapy treatments?
(a) The next world.
(b) The future.
(c) The past.
(d) The present.
5. What did Diane spot at Bear River that was rare?
(a) Pacific gulls.
(b) Snow buntings.
(d) Bald eagles.
6. Who took the author to the bird conservatory?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her mentor.
7. How does the author's brother get out of church one day?
(a) His sister asks for his help.
(b) He has to help with a flood.
(c) He is called to work.
(d) His mother gets very ill.
8. In what season do the Great Salt Lake levels lower?
9. Who was the outlaw referred to in Chapter 8?
(a) The lake.
(b) Robert Redford.
(c) Butch Cassidy.
(d) Terry Williams.
10. What causes the Great Salt Lake levels to lower?
(a) Strong inlets.
(d) All of these.
11. What were all the chapters in this first section named after?
(c) Places in the US.
12. Why did the author think her mother couldn't get sick?
(a) She was too strong.
(b) She was too young.
(c) She was too good.
(d) She was too beautiful.
13. How did Diane communicate with the person she knew with a brain tumor?
(a) Phone calls.
(d) Monthly visits.
14. What climate did the author learn about while in the Audubon Society?
(c) Flat lands.
15. How did the author describe her mother's chemotherapy treatments?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is a title Terry used for the Great Salt Lake?
2. How long did Terry's mother's doctor want to put her on radiation?
3. What killed the wheat fields of the early Mormon pioneers?
4. What chance of survival did Diane have during radiation?
5. In 1985, half a million ____________________ were purchased.
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)