|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author describe the Great Salt Lake?
2. How long did it take the author to get from her house to the airport?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 25 minutes.
(c) 45 minutes.
(d) 1 hour.
3. How old was the author when she joined the Audubon Society?
4. What happened to Diane Dixon Tempest in 1971?
(a) She had a disabled child.
(b) She was mobbed.
(c) She got an STD.
(d) She got cancer.
5. What kind of gulls were used as a chapter title?
(a) Albatross Gulls.
(b) Pacific Gulls.
(c) Sea Gulls.
(d) California Gulls.
6. What enraged Diane when she was ill?
(a) That her family could not accept her illness.
(b) That she was in so much pain.
(c) That she was dying.
(d) That her doctor lied to her.
7. Who was the outlaw referred to in Chapter 8?
(a) Robert Redford.
(b) Butch Cassidy.
(c) Terry Williams.
(d) The lake.
8. To whom did Terry compare Antelope Island?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her brother.
9. How did Diane feel when she heard what her survival rate was during radiation?
10. Which of these is a title Terry used for the Great Salt Lake?
(a) A woman who refuses to be tamed.
(b) A wild place of civilization.
(c) A friend in a strange place.
(d) A symbol of God's power.
11. Who did Diane know with a brain tumor?
(a) An aunt.
(b) A friend.
(c) A brother.
(d) A cousin.
12. What climate did the author learn about while in the Audubon Society?
(a) Flat lands.
13. What causes the depths of the Great Salt Lake to change?
(a) Drought conditions.
(b) Salt manufactureres.
(c) Climate changes.
14. Where did the author go after her mother's surgery?
(a) A cemetary.
(b) The Great Salt Lake.
(c) The bird refuge.
(d) Her grandmother's house.
15. How big was the author's mother's tumor?
(a) The size of a grapefruit.
(b) The size of a cherry.
(c) The size of a kiwi.
(d) The size of an apple.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author learn from her mother while she was sick?
2. What separates the Bear River from the Snake River?
3. What chance of survival did Diane have during radiation?
4. What would have been threatened if the lake water were pumped?
5. What is the name of the author's brother?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)