|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Terry's mother's doctor?
(a) Dr. Smith.
(b) Dr. McKay.
(c) Dr. Taylor.
(d) Dr. Young.
2. Who loved birds more than Terry did?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) Her brother.
3. What causes the Great Salt Lake levels to rise?
(b) Desaturation of salt.
(c) Snow run off.
(d) All of these.
4. What did Terry want to communicate with in the Pink Flamingos chapter?
(a) A friend.
(b) Her mother.
(c) The land.
(d) Her God.
5. Why did the author go somewhere after her mother's surgery?
(a) To pray.
(b) To collect her thoughts.
(c) To give her mother privacy.
(d) To pay her respects.
6. When did the author usually speak to her mother?
(a) In the mornings.
(b) In the afternoons.
(c) At night.
(d) On the weekends.
7. Who did Diane know with a brain tumor?
(a) An aunt.
(b) A friend.
(c) A cousin.
(d) A brother.
8. What did the author compare the Great Salt Lake to?
(a) A tea kettle.
(b) A pot.
(c) A cup.
(d) A dinner plate.
9. In what season do the Great Salt Lake levels lower?
10. Why did Terry compare someone to Antelope Island?
(a) He is unpredictable.
(b) She has been unlawful.
(c) She is unreachable.
(d) He has a hard will.
11. Why does the author describe the Great Salt Lake in the way she does?
(a) It is shrinking.
(b) No animals can live around it.
(c) It has no outlet to the ocean.
(d) It is pure.
12. How old was the author when she joined the Audubon Society?
13. How many species of birds use the refuge?
14. How did Diane communicate with the person she knew with a brain tumor?
(a) Monthly visits.
(d) Phone calls.
15. Where does the phalarope get food?
(b) The shore.
(c) Dead carcasses.
(d) The bottom of the water.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what season do the Great Salt Lake levels rise?
2. What separates the Bear River from the Snake River?
3. What surprised the men at Antelope Island about Terry?
4. How did the author describe her mother's chemotherapy treatments?
5. How does the author's brother get out of church one day?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)