|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the author think her mother couldn't get sick?
(a) She was too good.
(b) She was too strong.
(c) She was too young.
(d) She was too beautiful.
2. Who took the author to the bird conservatory?
(a) Her mentor.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her grandmother.
3. How big was the author's mother's tumor?
(a) The size of an apple.
(b) The size of a cherry.
(c) The size of a grapefruit.
(d) The size of a kiwi.
4. What separates the Bear River from the Snake River?
(a) A man made dike.
(b) A mountain range.
(c) A sandy plateau.
(d) A volcanic dam.
5. How did Diane communicate with the person she knew with a brain tumor?
(a) Monthly visits.
(b) Phone calls.
6. Why was the author surprised when her mother agreed to use chemotherapy?
(a) She had been refusing it.
(b) She was afraid of it.
(c) She didn't believe in it before.
(d) She had talked her sister out of it.
7. Who did Diane know with a brain tumor?
(a) A friend.
(b) A brother.
(c) An aunt.
(d) A cousin.
8. In what season do the Great Salt Lake levels lower?
9. What surprised the men at Antelope Island about Terry?
(a) She was happy about the lake waters.
(b) She was willing to help them.
(c) She knew a lot about birds.
(d) She was their boss.
10. What killed the wheat fields of the early Mormon pioneers?
11. What causes the Great Salt Lake levels to rise?
(a) All of these.
(c) Snow run off.
(d) Desaturation of salt.
12. What enraged Diane when she was ill?
(a) That she was in so much pain.
(b) That her doctor lied to her.
(c) That her family could not accept her illness.
(d) That she was dying.
13. To whom did Terry compare Antelope Island?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her brother.
14. How does the author's brother get out of church one day?
(a) His mother gets very ill.
(b) He is called to work.
(c) His sister asks for his help.
(d) He has to help with a flood.
15. Why did the author go somewhere after her mother's surgery?
(a) To collect her thoughts.
(b) To pray.
(c) To give her mother privacy.
(d) To pay her respects.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "God Sees the Truth but Waits"?
2. What causes the depths of the Great Salt Lake to change?
3. What climate did the author learn about while in the Audubon Society?
4. What happened to Diane Dixon Tempest in 1971?
5. What was Terry looking for after hearing her mother needed radiation?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)