|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Diane Dixon Tempest in 1971?
(a) She got cancer.
(b) She had a disabled child.
(c) She got an STD.
(d) She was mobbed.
2. What climate did the author learn about while in the Audubon Society?
(d) Flat lands.
3. What did Terry want to communicate with in the Pink Flamingos chapter?
(a) The land.
(b) A friend.
(c) Her God.
(d) Her mother.
4. Where was the author working during her mother's chemotherapy treatments?
(a) A museum.
(b) A church.
(c) A refuge.
(d) A college.
5. To whom did Terry compare Antelope Island?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
6. Who loved birds more than Terry did?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her daughter.
7. Why did the author think her mother couldn't get sick?
(a) She was too beautiful.
(b) She was too young.
(c) She was too strong.
(d) She was too good.
8. What did the author compare the Great Salt Lake to?
(a) A tea kettle.
(b) A cup.
(c) A pot.
(d) A dinner plate.
9. Which of these is a title Terry used for the Great Salt Lake?
(a) A symbol of God's power.
(b) A friend in a strange place.
(c) A woman who refuses to be tamed.
(d) A wild place of civilization.
10. Where did Diane go swimming while she was still sick?
(a) The Great Salt Lake.
(b) Bear Lake.
(c) Lake Powell.
(d) Utah Lake.
11. Who was the outlaw referred to in Chapter 8?
(a) Terry Williams.
(b) Butch Cassidy.
(c) Robert Redford.
(d) The lake.
12. How many options were available when the lake exceeded the limits?
13. What saved the Mormon pioneers when their wheat fields were being destroyed?
14. How many species of birds use the refuge?
15. What causes the depths of the Great Salt Lake to change?
(b) Drought conditions.
(c) Climate changes.
(d) Salt manufactureres.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the Great Salt Lake levels to rise?
2. What is the first chapter called?
3. How did the author describe her mother's chemotherapy treatments?
4. How does the author's brother get out of church one day?
5. What enraged Diane when she was ill?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)