|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the Great Salt Lake freezable?
(a) The decreased salinity.
(b) The influx of fresh water.
(c) All of these.
(d) The cold temperatures.
2. What did Brigham Young call the Great Basin?
(a) The Zion.
(b) The Holy Land.
(c) The New Jerusalem.
(d) The Promised Land.
3. What was the third option for when the lake exceeded the limits?
(a) Diking the water.
(b) Pump the water.
(c) Store the water.
(d) Breach the causeway.
4. What were all the chapters in this first section named after?
(a) Places in the US.
5. What did the author's family do for vacations when she was a child?
(a) Took road trips.
(b) Flew to exotic locations.
(c) Went camping.
(d) Visited relatives.
6. What is the name of the author's brother?
7. What saved the Mormon pioneers when their wheat fields were being destroyed?
8. What did the author test about the Great Salt Lake?
(a) The health of the water.
(b) The foliage around the water.
(c) The salinity of the water.
(d) The buoyancy in the water.
9. Why did Terry compare someone to Antelope Island?
(a) She is unreachable.
(b) He is unpredictable.
(c) He has a hard will.
(d) She has been unlawful.
10. What did Diane spot at Bear River that was rare?
(a) Bald eagles.
(c) Pacific gulls.
(d) Snow buntings.
11. How deep is the Great Salt Lake?
(a) 23 feet.
(b) 13 feet.
(c) 33 feet.
(d) 43 feet.
12. Who was the outlaw referred to in Chapter 8?
(a) Butch Cassidy.
(b) Terry Williams.
(c) Robert Redford.
(d) The lake.
13. Which of these is a title Terry used for the Great Salt Lake?
(a) A woman who refuses to be tamed.
(b) A wild place of civilization.
(c) A friend in a strange place.
(d) A symbol of God's power.
14. How many options were available when the lake exceeded the limits?
15. Who took the author to the bird conservatory?
(a) Her mentor.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the author surprised when her mother agreed to use chemotherapy?
2. What causes the depths of the Great Salt Lake to change?
3. What surprised the men at Antelope Island about Terry?
4. Where did the author go after her mother's surgery?
5. Where did the activities in this book take place?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)