|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote "God Sees the Truth but Waits"?
2. What information did the author give at the beginning of each chapter?
(a) The lake levels.
(b) The year.
(c) The location of her family.
(d) Her age.
3. What did the author test about the Great Salt Lake?
(a) The buoyancy in the water.
(b) The foliage around the water.
(c) The salinity of the water.
(d) The health of the water.
4. Where did Terry go after hearing her mother needed radiation?
(a) The Bird Refuge.
(b) Bear River.
(c) The Great Salt Lake.
(d) Antelope Island.
5. What did Terry want to communicate with in the Pink Flamingos chapter?
(a) A friend.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her God.
(d) The land.
6. What was the name of Terry's mother's doctor?
(a) Dr. Smith.
(b) Dr. Young.
(c) Dr. McKay.
(d) Dr. Taylor.
7. Where did the activities in this book take place?
8. How old was the author when she joined the Audubon Society?
9. What was Diane always at one with according to her daughter?
(d) Her soul.
10. What caused the author's mother to use chemotherapy?
(a) She had seen her sister use it.
(b) She had much to live for.
(c) She had a dream about it.
(d) She believed in her doctor.
11. What causes the Great Salt Lake levels to rise?
(a) All of these.
(b) Desaturation of salt.
(d) Snow run off.
12. What would have been threatened if the lake water were pumped?
(a) The natural foliage of the area.
(b) The mineral levels.
(c) The Air Force shooting range.
(d) The desert dwelling birds.
13. What happened to Diane Dixon Tempest in 1971?
(a) She was mobbed.
(b) She got an STD.
(c) She got cancer.
(d) She had a disabled child.
14. What did Brigham Young call the Great Basin?
(a) The Promised Land.
(b) The Holy Land.
(c) The Zion.
(d) The New Jerusalem.
15. Which of these is a title Terry used for the Great Salt Lake?
(a) A woman who refuses to be tamed.
(b) A wild place of civilization.
(c) A symbol of God's power.
(d) A friend in a strange place.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe the Great Salt Lake?
2. What was Terry looking for after hearing her mother needed radiation?
3. How deep is the Great Salt Lake?
4. Why did the author go somewhere after her mother's surgery?
5. Who originally had the idea to pump the lake's water?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)