|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of gulls were used as a chapter title?
(a) Pacific Gulls.
(b) Sea Gulls.
(c) California Gulls.
(d) Albatross Gulls.
2. Why was the author surprised when her mother agreed to use chemotherapy?
(a) She was afraid of it.
(b) She had talked her sister out of it.
(c) She didn't believe in it before.
(d) She had been refusing it.
3. What information did the author give at the beginning of each chapter?
(a) The lake levels.
(b) The location of her family.
(c) Her age.
(d) The year.
4. What surprised the men at Antelope Island about Terry?
(a) She was willing to help them.
(b) She knew a lot about birds.
(c) She was happy about the lake waters.
(d) She was their boss.
5. What enraged Diane when she was ill?
(a) That she was in so much pain.
(b) That she was dying.
(c) That her doctor lied to her.
(d) That her family could not accept her illness.
6. What was Diane always at one with according to her daughter?
(c) Her soul.
7. What was the name of Terry's mother's doctor?
(a) Dr. Smith.
(b) Dr. Taylor.
(c) Dr. Young.
(d) Dr. McKay.
8. How long did it take the author to get from her house to the airport?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 25 minutes.
(d) 2 hours.
9. What is the name of the author's brother?
10. Why does the author describe the Great Salt Lake in the way she does?
(a) It has no outlet to the ocean.
(b) It is pure.
(c) It is shrinking.
(d) No animals can live around it.
11. Who was the outlaw referred to in Chapter 8?
(a) Terry Williams.
(b) Butch Cassidy.
(c) Robert Redford.
(d) The lake.
12. How did the author describe her mother's chemotherapy treatments?
13. What was included in the Pink Flamingos chapter?
14. What did the author test about the Great Salt Lake?
(a) The salinity of the water.
(b) The foliage around the water.
(c) The health of the water.
(d) The buoyancy in the water.
15. How many species of birds use the refuge?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Brigham Young call the Great Basin?
2. Who loved birds more than Terry did?
3. What killed the wheat fields of the early Mormon pioneers?
4. How does the author's brother get out of church one day?
5. What did the author learn from her mother while she was sick?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)