|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the outlaw referred to in Chapter 8?
(a) Robert Redford.
(b) Butch Cassidy.
(c) Terry Williams.
(d) The lake.
2. What kind of gulls were used as a chapter title?
(a) Sea Gulls.
(b) Albatross Gulls.
(c) Pacific Gulls.
(d) California Gulls.
3. In what season do the Great Salt Lake levels rise?
4. Who originally had the idea to pump the lake's water?
(a) Wilford Woodfruff.
(b) Brigham Young.
(c) John Taylor.
(d) Joseph Smith.
5. Where was the author working during her mother's chemotherapy treatments?
(a) A refuge.
(b) A college.
(c) A church.
(d) A museum.
6. What did Brigham Young call the Great Basin?
(a) The Holy Land.
(b) The Zion.
(c) The Promised Land.
(d) The New Jerusalem.
7. What was the third option for when the lake exceeded the limits?
(a) Pump the water.
(b) Diking the water.
(c) Store the water.
(d) Breach the causeway.
8. Which of these is a title Terry used for the Great Salt Lake?
(a) A wild place of civilization.
(b) A symbol of God's power.
(c) A friend in a strange place.
(d) A woman who refuses to be tamed.
9. In 1985, half a million ____________________ were purchased.
(a) Travel vouchers.
(b) Duck decoys.
(c) Salt Lake crystals.
(d) Plastic flamingos.
10. What would have been threatened if the lake water were pumped?
(a) The natural foliage of the area.
(b) The Air Force shooting range.
(c) The desert dwelling birds.
(d) The mineral levels.
11. What climate did the author learn about while in the Audubon Society?
(c) Flat lands.
12. What did the author compare the Great Salt Lake to?
(a) A tea kettle.
(b) A cup.
(c) A pot.
(d) A dinner plate.
13. Where did Terry go after hearing her mother needed radiation?
(a) Antelope Island.
(b) The Bird Refuge.
(c) The Great Salt Lake.
(d) Bear River.
14. What is the name of the author's brother?
15. What did the author learn from her mother while she was sick?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Diane Dixon Tempest in 1971?
2. What separates the Bear River from the Snake River?
3. To whom did Terry compare Antelope Island?
4. Who took the author to the bird conservatory?
5. What is the first chapter called?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)