|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author's brother get out of church one day?
(a) He is called to work.
(b) His mother gets very ill.
(c) He has to help with a flood.
(d) His sister asks for his help.
2. What flower did Terry pick for her mother near Brighton?
(a) A glacier lily.
(b) A columbine.
(c) A sego lily.
(d) An ice rose.
3. How tall was the concrete building in the desert?
(a) 9 feet.
(b) 99 feet.
(c) 9 stories.
(d) 19 stories.
4. What did Terry find ironic about the weather when John came home to a house full of family members before Diane's death?
(a) The Tempest family was in a tempest.
(b) It matched her mood.
(c) It was strange for the season.
(d) It was Diane's favorite weather.
5. Who wrote, "The Courtship Habits of the Great Crested Grebe"?
(a) John Hughes.
(b) Jorge Harmon.
(c) James Hunley.
(d) Julian Huxley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Terry feed the birds at the Abbey?
2. How did John feel when Diane couldn't eat?
3. How many pounds did Diane lose after her second intestinal surgery?
4. What was the second option when the lake exceeded the limits?
5. What did Brigham Young call the Great Basin?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)