|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who took the author to the bird conservatory?
(a) Her mentor.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her grandmother.
2. What surprised the men at Antelope Island about Terry?
(a) She was their boss.
(b) She was willing to help them.
(c) She knew a lot about birds.
(d) She was happy about the lake waters.
3. What did Terry want to communicate with in the Pink Flamingos chapter?
(a) Her God.
(b) The land.
(c) Her mother.
(d) A friend.
4. What would have been threatened if the lake water were pumped?
(a) The mineral levels.
(b) The natural foliage of the area.
(c) The Air Force shooting range.
(d) The desert dwelling birds.
5. How did Diane communicate with the person she knew with a brain tumor?
(a) Phone calls.
(c) Monthly visits.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Terry go after hearing her mother needed radiation?
2. How many species of birds use the refuge?
3. Where did Diane live mostly while in chemotherapy treatments?
4. What separates the Bear River from the Snake River?
5. Why did the author go somewhere after her mother's surgery?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)