|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1985, half a million ____________________ were purchased.
(a) Duck decoys.
(b) Travel vouchers.
(c) Plastic flamingos.
(d) Salt Lake crystals.
2. What did the author test about the Great Salt Lake?
(a) The foliage around the water.
(b) The health of the water.
(c) The buoyancy in the water.
(d) The salinity of the water.
3. What was the second option when the lake exceeded the limits?
(a) Diking the water.
(b) Store the water.
(c) Divert the Water.
(d) Pumping the water.
4. What did Brigham Young call the Great Basin?
(a) The Promised Land.
(b) The Holy Land.
(c) The New Jerusalem.
(d) The Zion.
5. What killed the wheat fields of the early Mormon pioneers?
Short Answer Questions
1. How deep is the Great Salt Lake?
2. Where did Terry go after hearing her mother needed radiation?
3. What saved the Mormon pioneers when their wheat fields were being destroyed?
4. What did Diane spot at Bear River that was rare?
5. What kind of gulls were used as a chapter title?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)