|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the author surprised when her mother agreed to use chemotherapy?
(a) She was afraid of it.
(b) She had been refusing it.
(c) She had talked her sister out of it.
(d) She didn't believe in it before.
2. What did Terry do to keep the magpies from bothering her?
(a) Gave into her natural cycle.
(b) Got the birds to leave.
(c) Got ear plugs.
(d) Blocked out the sound.
3. Who originally had the idea to pump the lake's water?
(a) Joseph Smith.
(b) John Taylor.
(c) Wilford Woodfruff.
(d) Brigham Young.
4. What did Diane spot at Bear River that was rare?
(a) Pacific gulls.
(b) Bald eagles.
(c) Snow buntings.
5. Who wrote "God Sees the Truth but Waits"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What comet did Terry get to see?
2. What did the author compare the Great Salt Lake to?
3. Why did the author go somewhere after her mother's surgery?
4. What is the name of the author's brother?
5. Why was there a concrete building in the desert?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)