• The author gave some information about the Salt Lake region she grew up in and explained the climate and how it was unique.
• Each chapter of this book is named after a bird and it gives the levels of the Great Salt Lake at that time in history.
• The author explained that the lake levels grew in the winter with the snow run off, and lowered in the summer due to evaporation.
• As a child, the author went on many camping trips and learned to love nature. Her grandmother took her to the bird refuge and she loved it.
• The author joined the Audubon Society as a child and always had a high regard for birds. She compared different birds to different times in her life.
• The author got a call from her mother stating she had a mass in her abdomen. They tried to...
This section contains 1,736 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)