|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Russia, North Africa, Italy, D-Day", according to Rees, safety of certain lands was needed in order to bring what to all creatures?
2. During the battle in Britain, intercessors fought in the ___ ,while soldiers fought on the battle field.
3. In "Revivals in Africa", the country was hit with what?
4. In "Buying the First Estate in Wales", Rees and his wife returned to Wales after how many years in the mission field?
5. Rees and his wife believed if they were to buy a second property for the bible college, then they would receive what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rees and the college intercede many more times after the situation with King Edward VIII, yet in these proceeding intercessions their seems to be failure, but as God reveals in time, they were planted seeds for future victories. Choose three of these intercessions and discuss the faith shown to continue intercession in the face of seeming failure and the resulting positive results in each situation. (e.g. Intercessions for Ethiopia; Dunkirk; Battle of Britain; Russia, North Africa, and Italy.)
Essay Topic 2
In "A Branch in the Vine" and "The Tubercular Woman", Rees is with two major requests from the Lord - one calling him to relinquish control over all his money, and the other asking if he is willing to die in place of a sick convert. Using specific examples from each chapter, discuss common themes presented in these pages and compare and contrast how these themes are handled in each chapter.
Essay Topic 3
Rees has what may be termed as failures and successes as an intercessor, specifically from his experiences with the tubercular woman and others facing death. Compare Rees' 'failures and successes' in intercession against death with what is really asked of an intercessor besides prayer - those other characteristics of intercession.
This section contains 1,091 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)