|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Buying the First Estate in Wales", Rees spoke at the ___ in 1922.
2. In "Revivals in Africa", God used the country's crisis to bring about more ____ as people witnessed the power of the "white man's God."
3. In "Visitation of the Holy Spirit", who experienced a similar visitation early in their faith walk?
4. The second estate site for the college opened in what year?
5. How many children arrived to live at the fourth estate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Although successful in the beginning, what happened later at the Bible College?
2. After six years in Africa, Rees and his wife returned and heard a prayer for Bible college. What did this have to do with them?
3. In The Book of Common Prayer, Rees' contact with people changed. Discuss this change.
4. How did God use the flu epidemic to help Rees and his wife with their mission work?
5. Countries were falling to Hitler, so where did Rees and the college fall in this picture?
6. Dunkirk was being evacuated because of Hitler's advancing forces, so what evidence was there that the efforts of Rees and the college were successful?
7. Why were Rees and his wife prompted by God to buy a second property, and what was their response?
8. What was going on in Africa with the married men Rees and his wife were trying to convert?
9. How did the "failed" Ethiopian intercession against Mussolini plant seeds, benefiting Ethiopia?
10. In 1950, why was Rees concerned about the fulfillment of the Every Creature commission, and how did God reassure Rees about this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rees learned many lessons as a result of his sacrifices. Explain three of his sacrifices and what lesson Rees learned from each one through the help of the Holy Spirit. Also, explain what Rees was able to bring to others through what he learned.
Essay Topic 2
How does God use real estate to build and strengthen Rees and his wife's faith in God and that he will provide? Site and expound on several examples.
Essay Topic 3
In "Binding the Strong Man", Rees realizes the benefits of following God's perfect plan instead of his own. How does Rees come to this realization and how does this help Rees in his work for winning souls to the Lord? (Please site examples from the book to support your responses.)
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)