|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the third estate acquired for the bible college?
2. On which anniversary of the college was a second estate site opened?
3. Rees and his wife sought reassurance from ___, even though they knew they should buy the prime estate for a second bible college property.
4. In what year was the first Every Creature conference held?
5. In "The Every Creature Commission", Rees and the others were also called to intercede in order to bring peace and ____ to the world.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was going on in Africa with the married men Rees and his wife were trying to convert?
2. What happened after six years of prayer on behalf of Russia, North Africa, and Italy that indicated a bigger picture for the purpose of the intercessions?
3. What was the name of the second property, and how did Rees and his wife acquire this property?
4. What happened after the college was re-established?
5. Why were Rees and his wife prompted by God to buy a second property, and what was their response?
6. How were Rees and the college involved in the Ethiopian Crisis as intercessors?
7. Originally intended to house the Jewish children from Poland, how did the fourth estate answer another prayer in regards to the young men of the college?
8. Although successful in the beginning, what happened later at the Bible College?
9. How did Rees refer to the United Nations, and how did the events surrounding the UN's establishment reopen the world to the gospel?
10. What did the man that got out of the ticket line do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is an overall theme of God as the provider in this biography. Discuss this theme as either a unifying or divisive presence in the biographer's portrayal of Rees' life as an intercessor.
Essay Topic 2
The Lord directed Rees through several steps during his life to give him the experiences and tools he would need to become the Intercessor the Lord called Rees to become. In detail, describe what you feel are the three most important steps the Lord took Rees through. Explain how the experiences/tools Rees acquired during each of these steps made them the most important steps in his life as an intercessor.
Essay Topic 3
How does the Vow of the Nazarene that Rees is called to by God help him conquer worldly influences? And, how does this new behavior help Rees bring the Spirit of God into the lives of others?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)