|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was going on in Britain that so few children arrived to live at the fourth estate?
2. What was the third estate for the bible college located next to?
3. In "Standing in the Queue", Rees and his wife arrived at their first stop and realized they needed to do what in order to continue their trip?
4. In "Revivals in Africa", God used the country's crisis to bring about more ____ as people witnessed the power of the "white man's God."
5. In what year was the first Every Creature conference held?
Short Essay Questions
1. Although successful in the beginning, what happened later at the Bible College?
2. What was different about the college's Pentecost and Rees' earlier Pentecost experience?
3. Why did God ask Rees what he would be doing if he had all the money for the trip to Africa, and what did Rees do in response?
4. How were Rees and the college involved in the Ethiopian Crisis as intercessors?
5. After the war in Britain, how did war events and stories from military staff embody the spiritual fight, manifesting into their encounters on the battle field?
6. How did God's call to Rees to bring the Gospel to every creature affect the college?
7. Britain was at war, and the intercessors engaged their own battle against Britain's enemy. Who was involved in this fight?
8. In The Book of Common Prayer, Rees' contact with people changed. Discuss this change.
9. Originally intended to house the Jewish children from Poland, how did the fourth estate answer another prayer in regards to the young men of the college?
10. How did the Every Creature commission from God reflect God's preparation of Rees to take on world wide intercession?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the Foreword, we learn that there was a collaborative writing effort to produce this work. Discuss the advantages (and disadvantages, if any) of this process for the author and the reader, and how this affects the quality of the biography. Remember to provide specific examples from the work to support your responses.
Essay Topic 2
Rees and the college intercede many more times after the situation with King Edward VIII, yet in these proceeding intercessions their seems to be failure, but as God reveals in time, they were planted seeds for future victories. Choose three of these intercessions and discuss the faith shown to continue intercession in the face of seeming failure and the resulting positive results in each situation. (e.g. Intercessions for Ethiopia; Dunkirk; Battle of Britain; Russia, North Africa, and Italy.)
Essay Topic 3
How does God use real estate to build and strengthen Rees and his wife's faith in God and that he will provide? Site and expound on several examples.
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)