|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Branch in the Vine", Rees was called to give up all his money and could only buy things he ____.
2. In "Marriage and Missionary Call", Samuel went to live with Mr. and Mrs. ___.
3. Where was Rees Howells born?
4. In "Meeting the Risen Lord", Rees returned home to resist what temptation that arose in connection with his job?
5. In "A Father to Orphans", who came forward to care for the children instead of Rees having to do it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What people influenced Howells' life in the early years?
2. God led Rees to a village where no one was saved. What happened when Rees followed the Lord's instructions about this village?
3. What happened to Rees upon his return home during the Welsh Revival?
4. How did Rees become a "new man" while on a spiritual vacation at the Llandrindod Wells Convention?
5. What does the author feel this collaborative writing of Howells' biography provides for the reader?
6. How and why was Rees able to reach Lord Radstock to help him?
7. Why was Rees "hatless" and why did he struggle with being "hatless"?
8. What dilemma challenged Rees' commitment to give up all claim to his money at the Lord's direction, and how was the issue resolved?
9. Why did one of Ree's uncles and his uncle's wife take Samuel?
10. What were the two shocks experienced by Rees in "Two Shocks"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rees received two shocks while in America, first with his cousin Evan and later as he searched out answers on his own. Discuss the implications of Rees questioning his faith and the resulting changes in his life from the time he went to his cousin Evan to his resulting "new man" transformation by the end of the Llandrindod Wells Convention.
Essay Topic 2
Rees has what may be termed as failures and successes as an intercessor, specifically from his experiences with the tubercular woman and others facing death. Compare Rees' 'failures and successes' in intercession against death with what is really asked of an intercessor besides prayer - those other characteristics of intercession.
Essay Topic 3
Rees's Uncle Dick's healing coincides with Whitsunday. Discuss the implications of God choosing this day to manifest Uncle Dick's healing.
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)