|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Rees Howells born?
2. In "Uncle Dick's Healing", the Lord promised Rees' uncle would be healed, when?
3. In "Called to a Hidden Life", God called Rees to a state of what at all times?
4. In "Called Out From Wage-earning", Rees gave up his job and earnings from the ____ to meet this new call from the Lord.
5. In "Meeting the Risen Lord", what converted Jew shared a testimony that God revealed to Rees as "proof"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the name of the second property, and how did Rees and his wife acquire this property?
2. Although successful in the beginning, what happened later at the Bible College?
3. In regards to a third estate, why did God tell Rees to be patient?
4. What happened to Rees upon his return home during the Welsh Revival?
5. What role did the Glyderwen estate play in the life of Rees and his wife?
6. How and why was Rees able to reach Lord Radstock to help him?
7. Besides the reassurance from God about the Every Creature commission, what happened in 1950 to change the face of the college, yet continue Rees' mission?
8. Who confronted Rees about this money issue, and what happened at the same time?
9. What people influenced Howells' life in the early years?
10. Why did one of Ree's uncles and his uncle's wife take Samuel?
Essay Topic 1
Rees has what may be termed as failures and successes as an intercessor, specifically from his experiences with the tubercular woman and others facing death. Compare Rees' 'failures and successes' in intercession against death with what is really asked of an intercessor besides prayer - those other characteristics of intercession.
Essay Topic 2
Compared to Rees' previous work, how has the college become his new mission field, and what are the similarities and differences between Rees' earlier mission work and his work with the college? Be specific and site examples to support your response.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the representation of Rees' relationship with God and his life as an intercessor in relationship to Rees' "hatless" state in the face of public custom.
This section contains 1,584 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)