|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. "In "The Holy Spirit Takes Possession", Rees felt his co-workers needed what?
2. In "Uncle Dick's Healing", Rees' uncle walked where after he was healed?
3. In "Binding the Strong Man", the Lord showed Rees he would have victory over a local manager's soul, when?
4. In the "Hatless Brigade", Rees did not ___ a hat.
5. In "Called Out From Wage-earning", the Lord directed Rees not to be concerned about where the money would come from until the end of the ___ when it was time to pay.
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Lord change the way Rees was to abide in the Vow of the Nazarene?
2. How did the Lord help Rees master the skill of abiding?
3. How can prayers be a sign of doubt?
4. What does the author feel this collaborative writing of Howells' biography provides for the reader?
5. What happened to Rees upon his return home during the Welsh Revival?
6. God led Rees to a village where no one was saved. What happened when Rees followed the Lord's instructions about this village?
7. What people influenced Howells' life in the early years?
8. Who were two people affected by Rees' new prayer life, and how were they affected?
9. According to the descriptions in "What is an Intercessor," what is really asked of an intercessor that is not seen in prayer? Briefly explain your response based on information provided in the chapter.
10. How did Rees become a "new man" while on a spiritual vacation at the Llandrindod Wells Convention?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In "A Branch in the Vine" and "The Tubercular Woman", Rees is with two major requests from the Lord - one calling him to relinquish control over all his money, and the other asking if he is willing to die in place of a sick convert. Using specific examples from each chapter, discuss common themes presented in these pages and compare and contrast how these themes are handled in each chapter.
Essay Topic 2
Compared to Rees' previous work, how has the college become his new mission field, and what are the similarities and differences between Rees' earlier mission work and his work with the college? Be specific and site examples to support your response.
Essay Topic 3
How do the revivals in Africa symbolize the victories of Rees' faith walk and intercessions?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)