|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Marriage and Missionary Call", where was the theological college that Rees studied at?
2. In "A Branch in the Vine", Rees was called to give up all his money and could only buy things he ____.
3. In "The Tubercular Woman", the Lord revealed to Rees that an end to tuberculosis meant what?
4. In "The Tramps", who spoke wisdom about Rees and his care of the Tramps?
5. In "Called Out From Wage-earning", Rees was required by the Lord not to take any ___ for his needs.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Rees upon his return home during the Welsh Revival?
2. What people influenced Howells' life in the early years?
3. Why did one of Ree's uncles and his uncle's wife take Samuel?
4. Who were two people affected by Rees' new prayer life, and how were they affected?
5. How did Rees come to be in London, and why was he at first hesitant to go?
6. How did the Lord help Rees master the skill of abiding?
7. What dilemma challenged Rees' commitment to give up all claim to his money at the Lord's direction, and how was the issue resolved?
8. How did Rees become a "new man" while on a spiritual vacation at the Llandrindod Wells Convention?
9. How and why was Rees able to reach Lord Radstock to help him?
10. How can prayers be a sign of doubt?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In "Binding the Strong Man", Rees realizes the benefits of following God's perfect plan instead of his own. How does Rees come to this realization and how does this help Rees in his work for winning souls to the Lord? (Please site examples from the book to support your responses.)
Essay Topic 2
Rees has what may be termed as failures and successes as an intercessor, specifically from his experiences with the tubercular woman and others facing death. Compare Rees' 'failures and successes' in intercession against death with what is really asked of an intercessor besides prayer - those other characteristics of intercession.
Essay Topic 3
Rees is a willing servant for the Lord. Discuss how this willingness is challenged in "The Tramps;" how Rees meets these challenges and how Rees, his family and those the Lord guides him to care for are affected by his choices/actions.
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)