|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Madeira", the Lord revealed to Rees that the young man would be healed in how much time?
2. In "Madeira", a young man and his ____ did not have the money for him to travel to Madeira for healing.
3. In "The Holy Spirit Takes Possession", Rees returned home and began work where?
4. In "Madeira", the young man was healed ___ Rees obeyed the Lord's direction.
5. In "Binding the Strong Man", Rees encountered a woman dying of what disease?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Challenging Death", Rees learned that he was to provide intercessory prayer for a person facing certain death. Having the last person die after his intercessory prayers, Rees struggled to complete his new challenge. Briefly discuss how "understanding God's will" helped Rees with this challenge.
2. God led Rees to a village where no one was saved. What happened when Rees followed the Lord's instructions about this village?
3. Why was Rees directed to send a cable, and what happened after the cable was sent from Madeira?
4. What dilemma challenged Rees' commitment to give up all claim to his money at the Lord's direction, and how was the issue resolved?
5. How and why was Rees able to reach Lord Radstock to help him?
6. Who confronted Rees about this money issue, and what happened at the same time?
7. How did Rees become a "new man" while on a spiritual vacation at the Llandrindod Wells Convention?
8. What did God promise about Uncle Dick's healing, and what happened?
9. What happened to Rees upon his return home during the Welsh Revival?
10. Who was Elizabeth Hannah Jones, and how was she related to Samuel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rees learned many lessons as a result of his sacrifices. Explain three of his sacrifices and what lesson Rees learned from each one through the help of the Holy Spirit. Also, explain what Rees was able to bring to others through what he learned.
Essay Topic 2
Rees's Uncle Dick's healing coincides with Whitsunday. Discuss the implications of God choosing this day to manifest Uncle Dick's healing.
Essay Topic 3
In "Loving an Outcast" and "A Village Untouched by Revival", we see Rees' obedience and the power of prayer. Discuss how the author brings the significance of each of these two points to the forefront for the reader through the characters in each chapter.
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)