|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Called to a Hidden Life", who stepped down from mission leadership?
2. In the "Hatless Brigade", Rees did not ___ a hat.
3. In "What is an Intercessor", how many main characteristics of intercession NOT seen in prayer are identified and explained?
4. In "A Branch in the Vine", Rees was tempted to send money after he received a gift of what?
5. Where was Rees Howells born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the man that got out of the ticket line do?
2. Although successful in the beginning, what happened later at the Bible College?
3. What happened after six years of prayer on behalf of Russia, North Africa, and Italy that indicated a bigger picture for the purpose of the intercessions?
4. How did the Lord change the way Rees was to abide in the Vow of the Nazarene?
5. How did Rees' good friend and second in command come to be leader of the mission formerly headed by Rees?
6. Who was Joe Evans and how was Rees connected to him?
7. Who was Elizabeth Hannah Jones, and how was she related to Samuel?
8. What happened after the college was re-established?
9. After the tubercular woman died, what happened to facilitate the development of Rees' love for fatherless children?
10. Why did one of Ree's uncles and his uncle's wife take Samuel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rees learned many lessons as a result of his sacrifices. Explain three of his sacrifices and what lesson Rees learned from each one through the help of the Holy Spirit. Also, explain what Rees was able to bring to others through what he learned.
Essay Topic 2
Rees and the college intercede many more times after the situation with King Edward VIII, yet in these proceeding intercessions their seems to be failure, but as God reveals in time, they were planted seeds for future victories. Choose three of these intercessions and discuss the faith shown to continue intercession in the face of seeming failure and the resulting positive results in each situation. (e.g. Intercessions for Ethiopia; Dunkirk; Battle of Britain; Russia, North Africa, and Italy.)
Essay Topic 3
How does God use real estate to build and strengthen Rees and his wife's faith in God and that he will provide? Site and expound on several examples.
This section contains 1,521 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)