|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Thomas Howells work before opening the shop?
2. In "Called to a Hidden Life", Rees was guided by whom to help his friend and second in command?
3. In "Madeira", a young man and his ____ did not have the money for him to travel to Madeira for healing.
4. In "The Tubercular Woman", who prayed for the Lord to take no one except for the woman with tuberculosis?
5. In "Meeting the Risen Lord", Rees returned home to resist what temptation that arose in connection with his job?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Rees become a "new man" while on a spiritual vacation at the Llandrindod Wells Convention?
2. How can prayers be a sign of doubt?
3. What people influenced Howells' life in the early years?
4. Rees prayed to end tuberculosis in a converted woman. What was the Lord's response to this prayer, and how did it affect Rees?
5. Who were two people affected by Rees' new prayer life, and how were they affected?
6. What did the Lord ask Rees to give up when He called Rees out of wage earning?
7. Why was Rees directed to send a cable, and what happened after the cable was sent from Madeira?
8. Why did one of Ree's uncles and his uncle's wife take Samuel?
9. How was Rees affected after hearing the testimony of the converted Jew, Maurice Reuben?
10. After the tubercular woman died, what happened to facilitate the development of Rees' love for fatherless children?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rees's Uncle Dick's healing coincides with Whitsunday. Discuss the implications of God choosing this day to manifest Uncle Dick's healing.
Essay Topic 2
Compared to Rees' previous work, how has the college become his new mission field, and what are the similarities and differences between Rees' earlier mission work and his work with the college? Be specific and site examples to support your response.
Essay Topic 3
In "A Branch in the Vine" and "The Tubercular Woman", Rees is with two major requests from the Lord - one calling him to relinquish control over all his money, and the other asking if he is willing to die in place of a sick convert. Using specific examples from each chapter, discuss common themes presented in these pages and compare and contrast how these themes are handled in each chapter.
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)