|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "What is an Intercessor", who is described as the Great Intercessor?
2. In "Madeira", the Lord revealed to Rees that the young man would be healed in how much time?
3. What kind of shop did Thomas Howells open in the local village?
4. In "The Holy Spirit Takes Possession", Rees returned home and began work where?
5. In "Called to a Hidden Life", Rees' good friend and second in command was under spiritual what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Rees care for the Tramps? (Please be specific and explain how this also affects Rees.)
2. In London, how did Rees' friend respond to Rees' hatless state?
3. How did Rees' good friend and second in command come to be leader of the mission formerly headed by Rees?
4. What happened after six years of prayer on behalf of Russia, North Africa, and Italy that indicated a bigger picture for the purpose of the intercessions?
5. After the tubercular woman died, what happened to facilitate the development of Rees' love for fatherless children?
6. What people influenced Howells' life in the early years?
7. What were the two shocks experienced by Rees in "Two Shocks"?
8. Why was Rees "hatless" and why did he struggle with being "hatless"?
9. In The Book of Common Prayer, Rees' contact with people changed. Discuss this change.
10. How can prayers be a sign of doubt?
Essay Topic 1
How does the Vow of the Nazarene that Rees is called to by God help him conquer worldly influences? And, how does this new behavior help Rees bring the Spirit of God into the lives of others?
Essay Topic 2
The Lord directed Rees through several steps during his life to give him the experiences and tools he would need to become the Intercessor the Lord called Rees to become. In detail, describe what you feel are the three most important steps the Lord took Rees through. Explain how the experiences/tools Rees acquired during each of these steps made them the most important steps in his life as an intercessor.
Essay Topic 3
Rees learned many lessons as a result of his sacrifices. Explain three of his sacrifices and what lesson Rees learned from each one through the help of the Holy Spirit. Also, explain what Rees was able to bring to others through what he learned.
This section contains 1,653 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)