|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Two Shocks", what question unsettled Rees about his faith in God?
(a) Are you a Christian?
(b) Who is Jesus?
(c) Do you really know your God?
(d) Are you born again?
2. In "Uncle Dick's Healing", Rees answered a call from the Lord for extreme ___ for the widows in India.
3. In "The Holy Spirit Takes Possession", Rees went with a group on vacation for what?
(b) Team growth.
(c) Spiritual growth.
4. In "Marriage and Missionary Call", Rees married Elizabeth Hannah ___ .
5. In "Loving an Outcast", what did Rees learn about prayer that transformed his prayer life?
(a) Everyone is not allowed to pray.
(b) Prayer has power.
(c) New converts need prayer.
(d) Silent prayer is more effective.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Tramps", who challenged Rees about his care of the Tramps?
2. In "What is an Intercessor", how many main characteristics of intercession NOT seen in prayer are identified and explained?
3. In "Madeira", who was given enough money to help the young man travel to Madeira?
4. In "Called to a Hidden Life", God called Rees to a state of what at all times?
5. In "Madeira", the day of the young man's healing arrived. What did the Lord ask Rees to do before the healing happened?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Lord change the way Rees was to abide in the Vow of the Nazarene?
2. What does the author feel this collaborative writing of Howells' biography provides for the reader?
3. How did Rees come to be in London, and why was he at first hesitant to go?
4. What people influenced Howells' life in the early years?
5. Who was Joe Evans and how was Rees connected to him?
6. Who confronted Rees about this money issue, and what happened at the same time?
7. After the tubercular woman died, what happened to facilitate the development of Rees' love for fatherless children?
8. What were the two shocks experienced by Rees in "Two Shocks"?
9. Why was Rees directed to send a cable, and what happened after the cable was sent from Madeira?
10. How was Rees affected after hearing the testimony of the converted Jew, Maurice Reuben?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)