|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Called to a Hidden Life", God called Rees to a state of what at all times?
2. In "Marriage and Missionary Call", before leaving for mission work in another country, Rees and his wife were also called to do what?
(a) Start revivals in a nearby town.
(b) Abide for a dying man.
(c) Be parents.
(d) Lead a local mission.
3. In "What is an Intercessor", how many main characteristics of intercession NOT seen in prayer are identified and explained?
4. In "The Hatless Brigade", Rees helped his friend in London deal with his what?
5. In "The Vow of the Nazarite," through prayer and fasting Rees was ___ in the Lord.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Father to Orphans", who came forward to care for the children instead of Rees having to do it?
2. In "A Branch in the Vine", Rees was tempted to send money after he received a gift of what?
3. In "Uncle Dick's Healing", Rees' uncle walked where after he was healed?
4. According to "What is an Intercessor", Christ's agony gives us an opportunity for what?
5. In "Loving an Outcast", who did Rees assist financially, who later accepted the gift of salvation, along with his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Lord help Rees master the skill of abiding?
2. In 1950, why was Rees concerned about the fulfillment of the Every Creature commission, and how did God reassure Rees about this?
3. In The Book of Common Prayer, Rees' contact with people changed. Discuss this change.
4. How can prayers be a sign of doubt?
5. How and why was Rees able to reach Lord Radstock to help him?
6. Why was Rees "hatless" and why did he struggle with being "hatless"?
7. Dunkirk was being evacuated because of Hitler's advancing forces, so what evidence was there that the efforts of Rees and the college were successful?
8. What did God promise about Uncle Dick's healing, and what happened?
9. Why did Rees' struggle with his new directives from the Lord in the Vow of the Nazarene?
10. What people influenced Howells' life in the early years?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)