|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Rees Howells born?
(a) South Wales.
(b) South Africa.
(c) New Guinea.
(d) South Carolina.
2. In what year did Rees return home and encounter Welsh revival, as indicated in "Welsh Revival"?
3. In the "Hatless Brigade", Rees used his hatless state to what?
4. In "The Tramps", Rees used his own money to provide Tramps with food and what?
(b) Anointing oil.
5. In "The Vow of the Nazarite," at first people questioned Rees' odd behavior, but then they began to see past Rees' behavior to see what?
(b) Their lack of faith.
(c) Rees' sacrifice.
(d) A man of God.
Short Answer Questions
1. "In "The Vow of the Nazarite", God also called Rees to read his bible for how many hours each evening?
2. In "A Village Untouched by the Revival", how many years did Rees visit the village to bring the Holy Spirit to the villagers?
3. In "Madeira", Rees became the intercessor for which young man diagnosed with tuberculosis?
4. In "Meeting the Risen Lord", Rees returned home to resist what temptation that arose in connection with his job?
5. In "Uncle Dick's Healing", Rees' uncle walked where after he was healed?
Short Essay Questions
1. In London, how did Rees' friend respond to Rees' hatless state?
2. Who confronted Rees about this money issue, and what happened at the same time?
3. What did God promise about Uncle Dick's healing, and what happened?
4. Rees prayed to end tuberculosis in a converted woman. What was the Lord's response to this prayer, and how did it affect Rees?
5. Why did Rees' struggle with his new directives from the Lord in the Vow of the Nazarene?
6. What were the two shocks experienced by Rees in "Two Shocks"?
7. Who were two people affected by Rees' new prayer life, and how were they affected?
8. What does the author feel this collaborative writing of Howells' biography provides for the reader?
9. What people influenced Howells' life in the early years?
10. How was Rees affected after hearing the testimony of the converted Jew, Maurice Reuben?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)