|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Village Untouched by the Revival", how many villagers were saved through Rees' obedience in going to the village?
2. In "Lord Radstock", Rees came to bring an answer to Lord Radstock about the death of whom?
(a) A family friend.
(b) A family member.
(c) A classmate.
(d) A political leader.
3. In "A Branch in the Vine", Rees decided to thank the friend who sent him a gift by sending a what?
(a) Gift in return.
4. In "Meeting the Risen Lord", Rees returned home to resist what temptation that arose in connection with his job?
(a) Corruption at work.
(c) Wage increase.
(d) New religion.
5. In "A Branch in the Vine", Rees was called to give up all his money and could only buy things he ____.
(a) Got to help other people.
(b) Worked for.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Marriage and Missionary Call", Samuel went to live with Mr. and Mrs. ___.
2. In "What is an Intercessor", how many main characteristics of intercession NOT seen in prayer are identified and explained?
3. In "Loving an Outcast", what did Rees learn about prayer that transformed his prayer life?
4. In "Loving an Outcast", who was the first beneficiary of Rees' new prayer life, and later became his best friend?
5. "In "The Vow of the Nazarite", God also called Rees to read his bible for how many hours each evening?
Short Essay Questions
1. Rees prayed to end tuberculosis in a converted woman. What was the Lord's response to this prayer, and how did it affect Rees?
2. Who confronted Rees about this money issue, and what happened at the same time?
3. Who was Joe Evans and how was Rees connected to him?
4. Who was Elizabeth Hannah Jones, and how was she related to Samuel?
5. What did the Lord ask Rees to give up when He called Rees out of wage earning?
6. Why was Rees directed to send a cable, and what happened after the cable was sent from Madeira?
7. After the tubercular woman died, what happened to facilitate the development of Rees' love for fatherless children?
8. Why was Rees "hatless" and why did he struggle with being "hatless"?
9. How did Rees care for the Tramps? (Please be specific and explain how this also affects Rees.)
10. How did Rees' good friend and second in command come to be leader of the mission formerly headed by Rees?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)