|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of shop did Thomas Howells open in the local village?
(c) Dry Goods.
2. In "Madeira", a young man and his ____ did not have the money for him to travel to Madeira for healing.
3. In "The Holy Spirit Takes Possession", Rees went with a group on vacation for what?
(a) Team growth.
(d) Spiritual growth.
4. In "Madeira", Rees became the intercessor for which young man diagnosed with tuberculosis?
(a) Maurice Reuben.
(b) Jim Stakes.
(c) Evan Lewis.
(d) Joe Evans.
5. In the "Hatless Brigade", Rees did not ___ a hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Father to Orphans", who came forward to care for the children instead of Rees having to do it?
2. According to "Challenging Death," as an intercessor challenging death, Rees realized he must understand what?
3. In "Uncle Dick's Healing", Rees chose to stay in hidden what?
4. What type of home was Rees Howells born in?
5. In "Marriage and Missionary Call", Rees and his wife were called to the mission field in what country?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Lord ask Rees to give up when He called Rees out of wage earning?
2. In "Challenging Death", Rees learned that he was to provide intercessory prayer for a person facing certain death. Having the last person die after his intercessory prayers, Rees struggled to complete his new challenge. Briefly discuss how "understanding God's will" helped Rees with this challenge.
3. What does the author feel this collaborative writing of Howells' biography provides for the reader?
4. Rees prayed to end tuberculosis in a converted woman. What was the Lord's response to this prayer, and how did it affect Rees?
5. How was Rees affected after hearing the testimony of the converted Jew, Maurice Reuben?
6. What people influenced Howells' life in the early years?
7. In London, how did Rees' friend respond to Rees' hatless state?
8. God led Rees to a village where no one was saved. What happened when Rees followed the Lord's instructions about this village?
9. Who were two people affected by Rees' new prayer life, and how were they affected?
10. How can prayers be a sign of doubt?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)