|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Two Shocks", who asked Rees an unsettling question?
(a) Thomas Howells.
(b) His cousin's sister.
(c) Maurice Reuben.
(d) Evan Lewis.
2. While in London, in "The Hatless Brigade", Rees was asked to provide intercession on behalf of his London friend's son who was in the what?
(b) Coast Guard.
(d) Air Force.
3. In "Called to a Hidden Life", Rees was guided by whom to help his friend and second in command?
(a) Holy Spirit.
(b) Local elders.
(c) Church leader.
(d) Mission leader.
4. In "A Village Untouched by the Revival", how many villagers were saved through Rees' obedience in going to the village?
5. What kind of shop did Thomas Howells open in the local village?
(a) Dry Goods.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Hatless Brigade", Rees was invited to go where?
2. In "Loving an Outcast", what did Rees learn about prayer that transformed his prayer life?
3. In "Marriage and Missionary Call", before leaving for mission work in another country, Rees and his wife were also called to do what?
4. In "The Tubercular Woman", the Lord revealed to Rees that an end to tuberculosis meant what?
5. In "Meeting the Risen Lord", Rees feared death from what fever?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Rees directed to send a cable, and what happened after the cable was sent from Madeira?
2. How can prayers be a sign of doubt?
3. What did the Lord ask Rees to give up when He called Rees out of wage earning?
4. Why did Rees' struggle with his new directives from the Lord in the Vow of the Nazarene?
5. What happened to Rees upon his return home during the Welsh Revival?
6. What were the two shocks experienced by Rees in "Two Shocks"?
7. Who was Elizabeth Hannah Jones, and how was she related to Samuel?
8. Who were two people affected by Rees' new prayer life, and how were they affected?
9. How was Rees affected after hearing the testimony of the converted Jew, Maurice Reuben?
10. What does the author feel this collaborative writing of Howells' biography provides for the reader?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)