|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Madeira", who was given enough money to help the young man travel to Madeira?
(a) His wife.
(c) His father.
2. In "A Branch in the Vine", Rees decided to thank the friend who sent him a gift by sending a what?
(d) Gift in return.
3. In "Marriage and Missionary Call", where was the theological college that Rees studied at?
4. In "Marriage and Missionary Call", Rees married Elizabeth Hannah ___ .
5. In "A Branch in the Vine", Rees was tempted to send money after he received a gift of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Father to Orphans", whose children did Rees prepare to care for?
2. In "The Tramps", Rees used his own money to provide Tramps with food and what?
3. In "Called to a Hidden Life", Rees was guided by whom to help his friend and second in command?
4. In "The Hatless Brigade", Rees was invited to go where?
5. In "Uncle Dick's Healing", during the intercession for the widows, Rees received a message from the ___ regarding healing for his Uncle Dick.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author feel this collaborative writing of Howells' biography provides for the reader?
2. Why was Rees directed to send a cable, and what happened after the cable was sent from Madeira?
3. Why was Rees "hatless" and why did he struggle with being "hatless"?
4. How did Rees care for the Tramps? (Please be specific and explain how this also affects Rees.)
5. What were the two shocks experienced by Rees in "Two Shocks"?
6. Why did one of Ree's uncles and his uncle's wife take Samuel?
7. In London, how did Rees' friend respond to Rees' hatless state?
8. What dilemma challenged Rees' commitment to give up all claim to his money at the Lord's direction, and how was the issue resolved?
9. How did Rees come to be in London, and why was he at first hesitant to go?
10. Who were two people affected by Rees' new prayer life, and how were they affected?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)