|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Lord Radstock", Rees came to bring an answer to Lord Radstock about the death of whom?
(a) A family member.
(b) A family friend.
(c) A classmate.
(d) A political leader.
2. In "Loving an Outcast", what did Rees learn about prayer that transformed his prayer life?
(a) Prayer has power.
(b) New converts need prayer.
(c) Silent prayer is more effective.
(d) Everyone is not allowed to pray.
3. In "Called Out From Wage-earning", Rees was required by the Lord not to take any ___ for his needs.
4. In "The Holy Spirit Takes Possession", Rees came away from his vacation ____.
(b) A "new man."
(d) With a promotion.
5. In "Meeting the Risen Lord", Rees returned home to resist what temptation that arose in connection with his job?
(a) New religion.
(c) Wage increase.
(d) Corruption at work.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Meeting the Risen Lord", Rees feared death from what fever?
2. In "The Tramps", who spoke wisdom about Rees and his care of the Tramps?
3. In "What is an Intercessor", how many main characteristics of intercession NOT seen in prayer are identified and explained?
4. In "A Father to Orphans", whose children did Rees prepare to care for?
5. How was Thomas Howells related to Rees?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the descriptions in "What is an Intercessor," what is really asked of an intercessor that is not seen in prayer? Briefly explain your response based on information provided in the chapter.
2. How was Rees affected after hearing the testimony of the converted Jew, Maurice Reuben?
3. Who confronted Rees about this money issue, and what happened at the same time?
4. Why did one of Ree's uncles and his uncle's wife take Samuel?
5. How did Rees' good friend and second in command come to be leader of the mission formerly headed by Rees?
6. How can prayers be a sign of doubt?
7. Why was Rees directed to send a cable, and what happened after the cable was sent from Madeira?
8. Who was Elizabeth Hannah Jones, and how was she related to Samuel?
9. What does the author feel this collaborative writing of Howells' biography provides for the reader?
10. What did the Lord ask Rees to give up when He called Rees out of wage earning?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)