|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Meeting the Risen Lord", Rees returned home to resist what temptation that arose in connection with his job?
(a) Corruption at work.
(b) Wage increase.
(c) New religion.
2. "In "The Holy Spirit Takes Possession", Rees felt his co-workers needed what?
(a) Moral boosters.
(b) Spiritual growth.
(c) Better wages.
(d) Safer equipment.
3. In the "Hatless Brigade", Rees used his hatless state to what?
4. In "Madeira", the day of the young man's healing arrived. What did the Lord ask Rees to do before the healing happened?
(a) To send a cable.
(b) To be still.
(c) To pray more.
(d) To fast.
5. Where was Rees Howells born?
(a) New Guinea.
(b) South Wales.
(c) South Africa.
(d) South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Branch in the Vine", Rees was called to give up all his money and could only buy things he ____.
2. In "The Tramps", who challenged Rees about his care of the Tramps?
3. "In "The Vow of the Nazarite", God also called Rees to read his bible for how many hours each evening?
4. In "Uncle Dick's Healing", the Lord promised Rees' uncle would be healed, when?
5. In "Called Out From Wage-earning", who strongly questioned Rees about the money choices he was making?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Lord change the way Rees was to abide in the Vow of the Nazarene?
2. What were the two shocks experienced by Rees in "Two Shocks"?
3. Rees prayed to end tuberculosis in a converted woman. What was the Lord's response to this prayer, and how did it affect Rees?
4. How did Rees come to be in London, and why was he at first hesitant to go?
5. Who confronted Rees about this money issue, and what happened at the same time?
6. How did Rees care for the Tramps? (Please be specific and explain how this also affects Rees.)
7. How did Rees become a "new man" while on a spiritual vacation at the Llandrindod Wells Convention?
8. Why did Rees' struggle with his new directives from the Lord in the Vow of the Nazarene?
9. In London, how did Rees' friend respond to Rees' hatless state?
10. How did the Lord help Rees master the skill of abiding?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)