Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Branch in the Vine", Rees was tempted to send money after he received a gift of what?
2. Where was Elizabeth from?
(a) New York.
3. In "The Tramps", who spoke wisdom about Rees and his care of the Tramps?
(a) Thomas Howells.
(b) Maurice Rueben.
(c) Evan Lewis.
(d) Will Battery.
4. In "Marriage and Missionary Call", before leaving for mission work in another country, Rees and his wife were also called to do what?
(a) Be parents.
(b) Lead a local mission.
(c) Start revivals in a nearby town.
(d) Abide for a dying man.
5. In "A Father to Orphans", whose children did Rees prepare to care for?
(a) Cousin Evan.
(b) Best friend, Will.
(c) Tubercular woman.
(d) His oldest brother.
6. In the "Hatless Brigade", Rees used his hatless state to what?
7. In "Binding the Strong Man", the Lord showed Rees he would have victory over a local manager's soul, when?
(a) On Thursday.
(c) In a week.
(d) After the next Sunday service.
8. In "Uncle Dick's Healing", the Lord warned Rees and his uncle that what could be a sign of doubt?
(c) Speaking out of turn.
(d) Unfaithful behavior.
9. In "Called to a Hidden Life", Rees' constant state of readiness required him to go against custom and be what in public?
(c) At rest.
10. In "Called to a Hidden Life", Rees was guided by whom to help his friend and second in command?
(a) Local elders.
(b) Mission leader.
(c) Holy Spirit.
(d) Church leader.
11. In "Lord Radstock", Rees came to bring an answer to Lord Radstock about the death of whom?
(a) A political leader.
(b) A family friend.
(c) A classmate.
(d) A family member.
12. In "Called Out From Wage-earning", Rees was required by the Lord not to take any ___ for his needs.
13. In "Loving an Outcast", what did Rees learn about prayer that transformed his prayer life?
(a) Prayer has power.
(b) New converts need prayer.
(c) Silent prayer is more effective.
(d) Everyone is not allowed to pray.
14. In "The Hatless Brigade", Rees stayed on the path God had for him and used his hatless state to help others experience the what?
(a) Mission work.
(b) Intercessory prayer.
(c) Spirit of God.
(d) Hatless state.
15. Who led the team of writers that produced this biography?
(a) Thomas Howells.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Uncle Dick's Healing", Rees answered a call from the Lord for extreme ___ for the widows in India.
2. In "The Vow of the Nazarite," through prayer and fasting Rees was ___ in the Lord.
3. In "Madeira", the day of the young man's healing arrived. What did the Lord ask Rees to do before the healing happened?
4. In "Loving an Outcast", who was the first beneficiary of Rees' new prayer life, and later became his best friend?
5. In "Uncle Dick's Healing", during the intercession for the widows, Rees received a message from the ___ regarding healing for his Uncle Dick.
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)