|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What changes does Miss Nili's presence create in Mr. Salgado?
2. What does Triton do while the men at the poker party chat over drinks?
3. How do the guests react to the meal Triton prepares for Christmas Eve?
4. Why does Mr. Salgado start to ignore marine-related projects that used to captivate him?
5. After their near accident on the drive to the observatory, Mr. Salgado, his friend, and Triton stop by a temple for what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the transformation these characters experience from the start to the end of Triton's story. Include how, exactly, they evolve and which major factors trigger their growth and changes:
2. Mr. Salgado.
3. Miss Nili.
Essay Topic 2
In Reef, the author uses foreshadowing extensively. Present and discuss three examples of foreshadowing and how it is used to signal future events.
Essay Topic 3
Explain, in detail, why the following minor characters are important to the development of the story. What does each one contribute to the narrative?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)