Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who carves the turkey during the Christmas Eve dinner?
2. When the men at the poker party call to Triton to bring more beer, what does he do?
3. When another guest arrives for the Christmas Eve dinner at Mr. Salgado's house, what does Triton do?
4. Mr. Salgado tells Triton that Dias is dead and explains that he ___.
5. While Triton is in the kitchen after the Christmas Eve dinner, who visits him, and why?
How does the author use a story told by a former servant boy as a tool to educate readers about the nation of Sri Lanka, including its culture, people, geographical attributes, and recent social and political unrest? Do you feel this is an effective tool? Why or why not?
When she enters his life, and before she leaves him, Miss Nili "rescues" Mr. Salgado. Explain how she does this. Then, explain how the tables turn at the end of the story. How does Mr. Salgado become Miss Nili's rescuer?
Describe the relationship between Miss Nili and Triton. How does she try to help him? How does Triton respond? Does he have a secret crush on her? Why or why not? How do his thoughts about her evolve as he grows?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)