|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who carves the turkey during the Christmas Eve dinner?
2. How does Nili feel about the food Triton prepares?
3. On the morning of the poker party, Nili is in a bad mood and won't ___.
4. When another guest arrives for the Christmas Eve dinner at Mr. Salgado's house, what does Triton do?
5. What does Miss Nili do when Mr. Salgado accuses her of sleeping with Robert?
Essay Topic 1
Describe in detail several of the images the author creates through his narrative to bring the tropical Sri Lankan setting to life for the reader.
Essay Topic 2
Through young Triton's eyes, the reader views his world as filled with promise. At some point, though, the fabric that connects his life with those around him starts to unravel. Discuss in detail when and how a sense of unraveling commences in the narrative.
Essay Topic 3
One of the major themes in Reef is the following: "Regardless of our efforts, change is inevitable." Using three specific examples from the book, show how the author carries this theme through.
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)