Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Triton goes back to the kitchen as holiday dinner guests start to leave, how does he feel?
2. Who calls Nili right before lunch is served to the poker crowd?
3. Why does Salgado say he's reluctant to work for the government?
4. While the group has dinner at the observatory, Mr. Salgado talks about an idea he has about creating an instrument to ___.
5. What changes does Miss Nili's presence create in Mr. Salgado?
Essay Topic 1
Through young Triton's eyes, the reader views his world as filled with promise. At some point, though, the fabric that connects his life with those around him starts to unravel. Discuss in detail when and how a sense of unraveling commences in the narrative.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and determine the importance to the story of the following recurring points:
1. The making of lists.
2. The changing reefs.
3. The dreams of opening up new establishments.
Essay Topic 3
One of the major themes in Reef is the following: "Regardless of our efforts, change is inevitable." Using three specific examples from the book, show how the author carries this theme through.
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)