Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Triton goes back to the kitchen as holiday dinner guests start to leave, how does he feel?
2. Who calls Nili right before lunch is served to the poker crowd?
3. Why does Salgado say he's reluctant to work for the government?
4. While the group has dinner at the observatory, Mr. Salgado talks about an idea he has about creating an instrument to ___.
5. What changes does Miss Nili's presence create in Mr. Salgado?
Essay Topic 1
Referring to specific passages from the book, explain the commentary the author makes regarding each of the following:
1. Human flaws.
2. Human resilience.
3. The persistence of hopes and dreams.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Triton, the narrator, with Mr. Salgado, the main character. Explain their differences and similarities. How does the reader view the world through the lens of the narrator? How does the narrator become one of the story's main characters?
Essay Topic 3
Explain, in detail, why the following minor characters are important to the development of the story. What does each one contribute to the narrative?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)