Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Triton goes back to the kitchen as holiday dinner guests start to leave, how does he feel?
2. Who calls Nili right before lunch is served to the poker crowd?
3. Why does Salgado say he's reluctant to work for the government?
4. While the group has dinner at the observatory, Mr. Salgado talks about an idea he has about creating an instrument to ___.
5. What changes does Miss Nili's presence create in Mr. Salgado?
Compare and contrast the simplicity of Triton's life as a servant with the deep wisdom he exudes in his narration and philosophical musings. In what ways does Triton exhibit greater wisdom and maturity than the supposedly more important people he's talking about?
One of the major themes in Reef is the following: "Regardless of our efforts, change is inevitable." Using three specific examples from the book, show how the author carries this theme through.
Analyze the tragic romance between Miss Nili and Mr. Salgado. Discuss the main stages of their relationship. What draws them together? What tears them apart? How is redemption found in the end?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)