|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the men at the poker party call to Triton to bring more beer, what does he do?
(a) Ignores them.
(b) Goes fishing.
(c) Brings wine instead.
(d) Brings coffee instead.
2. Why does Wijetunga tell Triton that children need an education?
(a) To later earn a good living and support a large family.
(b) So they can make something of themselves.
(c) So they can question authority.
(d) To have the opportunity to leave Sri Lanka if they wish.
3. How does Nili feel about the food Triton prepares?
(a) She thinks he can do much better.
(b) She'd rather he add more spices.
(c) She loves it.
(d) She tolerates it.
4. How does young Triton feel about the sea?
(a) He longs to travel across the sea on a large ship.
(b) He wants to go deep sea fishing.
(c) He's bored by it and wants to go home.
(d) He's both mesmerized and frightened by it.
5. After their near accident on the drive to the observatory, Mr. Salgado, his friend, and Triton stop by a temple for what?
(a) To pray at the travelers' shrine.
(b) To have a picnic lunch by the temple pond.
(c) To put money in a roadside blessing box.
(d) To purchase water and a box lunch for each of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the poker party, Mr. Salgado can't eat and drinks too much beer because he's worried about what?
2. How does Mr. Salgado feel when Miss Nili is around?
3. When Miss Nili and Mr. Salgado are out one evening, Triton wonders what his life is like if he ___.
4. Which of the following is NOT included in the "Five Lessons" Wijetunga speaks of to Triton?
5. What does Miss Nili advise regarding the holiday decor?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)