|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Triton goes back to the kitchen as holiday dinner guests start to leave, how does he feel?
(a) Sad to be far away from his family.
(b) Overwhelmed by the cleanup he has to do.
(c) Elated that the guests love the meal.
(d) Angry that Mr. Salgado works him so hard.
2. Who calls Nili right before lunch is served to the poker crowd?
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her former employer.
3. Why does Salgado say he's reluctant to work for the government?
(a) There is little pay in working for the government.
(b) The government does not run the program correctly.
(c) He would rather conduct his research independently.
(d) He does not want to play the politicians' games.
4. While the group has dinner at the observatory, Mr. Salgado talks about an idea he has about creating an instrument to ___.
(a) Generate electricity from the sea.
(b) Measure sound waves.
(c) Detect large schools of fish along the coast.
(d) Remove pollutants from the bay.
5. What changes does Miss Nili's presence create in Mr. Salgado?
(a) He comes to life, becoming more radiant and outgoing.
(b) He becomes more withdrawn than before.
(c) He begins to act more arrogantly.
(d) He becomes distracted and forgetful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Nili do a few days after the Christmas Eve party?
2. What do Robert and the journalist want to know when they stop by to visit Mr. Salgado?
3. During a trip to the bungalow observatory, how does Triton help out?
4. When Robert brings by a journalist to see Mr. Salgado, Miss Nili greets them wearing what?
5. How does Wijetunga, Mr. Salgados' assistant, change in Part III of the book?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)