|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Wijetunga, Mr. Salgados' assistant, change in Part III of the book?
(a) He goes through a bitter divorce and child custody battle.
(b) He completes his education and knows almost as much as Mr. Salgado does about reefs.
(c) He grows a beard, is kinder to Triton, and speaks of revolution.
(d) He becomes a vegetarian and speaks of attaining enlightenment.
2. At the poker party, Mr. Salgado can't eat and drinks too much beer because he's worried about what?
(a) Why Triton wants to quit.
(b) Where Nili is and what she's doing.
(c) The fast-approaching hurricane.
(d) Whether or not his project is getting funded.
3. What changes does Miss Nili bring about in Mr. Salgado's house?
(a) She insists on new routines and schedules.
(b) She insists on doing most of the cooking herself.
(c) She orders repairs and remodels.
(d) She hires additional household staff.
4. Wijetunga's radical idea about improving his country is to ___.
(a) Legalize gambling.
(b) Use every available space for growing fruits and vegetables.
(c) First destroy in order to create something better.
(d) Make alliances with their enemies.
5. Why does Miss Nili borrow Mr. Salgado's blue shirt?
(a) She wants to have it laundered because she accidentally spilled wine on it.
(b) Her little brother needs a blue shirt for his school play.
(c) It goes well with her cream-colored skirt.
(d) To use as a sample so that another like it can be made for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. Salgado distracted on the drive to the observatory?
2. As Triton unpacks Nili's suitcases, what fascinates him?
3. What do Robert and the journalist want to know when they stop by to visit Mr. Salgado?
4. Mr. Salgado tells Triton that Dias is dead and explains that he ___.
5. What does Miss Nili do after she and Mr. Salgado return from the inauguration party?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)