|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Salgado feel whenever Miss Nili is not around?
(a) Horrendously depressed.
(b) Back to normal.
(c) Preoccupied with her.
2. Why does Wijetunga tell Triton that children need an education?
(a) So they can question authority.
(b) To have the opportunity to leave Sri Lanka if they wish.
(c) To later earn a good living and support a large family.
(d) So they can make something of themselves.
3. What does Triton do after he finishes serving Christmas Eve dinner to Mr. Salgado and his guests?
(a) Pulls a chair up and joins the party.
(b) Moves to the doorway and watches the guests.
(c) Eats his meal out in the garden.
(d) Goes outside to gaze at the stars.
4. While the group has dinner at the observatory, Mr. Salgado talks about an idea he has about creating an instrument to ___.
(a) Measure sound waves.
(b) Remove pollutants from the bay.
(c) Generate electricity from the sea.
(d) Detect large schools of fish along the coast.
5. Wijetunga's radical idea about improving his country is to ___.
(a) First destroy in order to create something better.
(b) Make alliances with their enemies.
(c) Legalize gambling.
(d) Use every available space for growing fruits and vegetables.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Triton goes back to the kitchen as holiday dinner guests start to leave, how does he feel?
2. Why is Wijetunga dismayed when Triton tell hims that Miss Nili runs a hotel?
3. As Mr. Salgado drives the Land-Rover to the observatory, what does he almost hit?
4. Why does Nili become upset when she goes to see the fish catch?
5. What does Miss Nili do when Mr. Salgado accuses her of sleeping with Robert?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)