|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Nili do after she and Mr. Salgado return from the inauguration party?
(a) Prepares coffee for everyone.
(b) Plays sultry music.
(c) Takes a walk along the beach.
(d) Sits on the sofa and cries.
2. Mr. Salgado announces to Triton that they are going to England so he can do what?
(a) Work at an institute.
(b) Forget about Nili and find a new love.
(c) Pursue his passion for music.
(d) Open a restaurant.
3. For the dinner party on Christmas Eve, what does Triton cook for the first time ever?
(a) Coconut cream pie.
(b) Pecan pie.
4. Why does Triton wish Miss Nili would come by the house more often?
(a) She always tips him after he serves dinner.
(b) He likes how she smells of jasmine blossoms.
(c) She has a good effect on Mr. Salgado.
(d) She brings him news of his family.
5. When another guest arrives for the Christmas Eve dinner at Mr. Salgado's house, what does Triton do?
(a) Storms off in anger because nobody tells him about the guest in advance.
(b) Gives up his portion of the food so that the unexpected guest may eat.
(c) Complains to Mr. Salgado that there is not enough food to go around.
(d) Quickly arranges another setting at the table to avoid an awkward moment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Wijetunga?
2. Why does Nili worry that she's really not invited to the Mahaweli Scheme inauguration party?
3. When the men at the poker party call to Triton to bring more beer, what does he do?
4. Why does Wijetunga tell Triton that children need an education?
5. What do Robert and the journalist want to know when they stop by to visit Mr. Salgado?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the tension that exists between Mr. Salgado and the journalist who comes to ask him questions about sea erosion.
2. What happens after Mr. Salgado accuses Miss Nili of sleeping with Robert?
3. What does Mr. Salgado do on Christmas Eve?
4. During the festive dinner party at his home with Miss Nili and several other distinguished guests, what does Mr. Salgado talk about?
5. How does the relationship between Mr. Salgado and Miss Nili change after the Christmas Eve party?
6. How does Triton prepare for Nili's move to Mr. Salgado's house?
7. Despite his misgivings, Mr. Salgado accepts the job offered to him by his friend, Mr. Dias Liyanage. How does this affect Triton?
8. Problems start to appear in the relationship between Miss Nili and Mr. Salgado, and she's in a very bad mood right before a poker party. What does she do during the party, and how does Mr. Salgado react?
9. What transformations does the household undergo after Miss Nili moves into Mr. Salgado's house?
10. How does Triton grow and evolve from "Part I, Kolla" to "Part II, Cook's Joy" in Reef?
This section contains 1,122 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)