|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Wijetunga?
(a) Mr. Salgado's assistant at the observatory.
(b) Mr. Salgado's next-door neighbor.
(c) Triton's father.
(d) Triton's youngest brother.
2. What changes does Miss Nili's presence create in Mr. Salgado?
(a) He begins to act more arrogantly.
(b) He comes to life, becoming more radiant and outgoing.
(c) He becomes more withdrawn than before.
(d) He becomes distracted and forgetful.
3. When the men at the poker party call to Triton to bring more beer, what does he do?
(a) Brings wine instead.
(b) Goes fishing.
(c) Ignores them.
(d) Brings coffee instead.
4. While the group has dinner at the observatory, Mr. Salgado talks about an idea he has about creating an instrument to ___.
(a) Remove pollutants from the bay.
(b) Generate electricity from the sea.
(c) Detect large schools of fish along the coast.
(d) Measure sound waves.
5. Which of the following is NOT included in the "Five Lessons" Wijetunga speaks of to Triton?
(a) Self-empowerment through wind farms.
(b) Social movements around the world.
(c) Basic teachings of capitalism.
(d) Plans for revolution in Sri Lanka.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the poker party, Mr. Salgado can't eat and drinks too much beer because he's worried about what?
2. While Triton is in the kitchen after the Christmas Eve dinner, who visits him, and why?
3. Mr. Dias Liyanage wants Mr. Salgado to take a job with a foundation interested in what?
4. How do the guests react to the meal Triton prepares for Christmas Eve?
5. What does Triton do while the men at the poker party chat over drinks?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)