|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nili feel about the food Triton prepares?
(a) She loves it.
(b) She tolerates it.
(c) She thinks he can do much better.
(d) She'd rather he add more spices.
2. With Mr. Salgado spending more time out of the house with his new job, Triton spends more time doing what?
3. When Robert brings by a journalist to see Mr. Salgado, Miss Nili greets them wearing what?
(a) Mr. Salgado's bathrobe.
(b) Her kimono.
(c) A bathing suit.
(d) Curlers in her hair.
4. Wijetunga's radical idea about improving his country is to ___.
(a) Legalize gambling.
(b) First destroy in order to create something better.
(c) Use every available space for growing fruits and vegetables.
(d) Make alliances with their enemies.
5. Who calls Nili right before lunch is served to the poker crowd?
(a) Her former employer.
(d) Her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Triton unpacks Nili's suitcases, what fascinates him?
2. Why is Mr. Salgado distracted on the drive to the observatory?
3. How does Triton change after Nili joins the household?
4. Why does Nili become upset when she goes to see the fish catch?
5. Why does Mr. Salgado start to ignore marine-related projects that used to captivate him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Triton prepare for Nili's move to Mr. Salgado's house?
2. Describe Triton's experience at the Christmas Eve dinner.
3. During the festive dinner party at his home with Miss Nili and several other distinguished guests, what does Mr. Salgado talk about?
4. How does Mr. Salgado's personality change after Nili moves into the house?
5. What happens after Mr. Salgado accuses Miss Nili of sleeping with Robert?
6. When his friend, Mr. Dias Liyanage, offers Mr. Salgado a job with a foundation interested in the coral business, why is Mr. Salgado reluctant to take this job?
7. How does Triton feel about the sea?
8. What gift does Nili bring Triton on Christmas Eve after the dinner party?
9. How does Triton grow and evolve from "Part I, Kolla" to "Part II, Cook's Joy" in Reef?
10. Explain how the ocean is used as a significant symbol in "Part III, A Thousand Fingers".
This section contains 1,077 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)