|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Wijetunga dismayed when Triton tell hims that Miss Nili runs a hotel?
(a) He once has a terrible accident at a hotel.
(b) He used to date Miss Nili and does not want to hear about her.
(c) He believes tourists ruin their country.
(d) He believes women should not work in business.
2. Mr. Dias Liyanage wants Mr. Salgado to take a job with a foundation interested in what?
(a) Fishing industry.
(b) Cultural preservation.
(c) Coral business.
(d) Soil conservation.
3. Why does Nili worry that she's really not invited to the Mahaweli Scheme inauguration party?
(a) She's not a wife.
(b) Her name does not appear on the invitation.
(c) One of the party organizers dislikes her.
(d) Mr. Salgado often gets the details wrong.
4. When Triton goes back to the kitchen as holiday dinner guests start to leave, how does he feel?
(a) Elated that the guests love the meal.
(b) Sad to be far away from his family.
(c) Angry that Mr. Salgado works him so hard.
(d) Overwhelmed by the cleanup he has to do.
5. What does Mr. Salgado talk about during the Christmas Eve dinner?
(a) Miss Nili's job at the hotel.
(b) The ocean's thermodynamics.
(c) The shifting trade winds.
(d) His new car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Palitha Aluthgoda, a prominent figure who is assassinated?
2. Where do the Christmas Eve dinner guests retire to while Triton clears the table?
3. What does Miss Nili do when Mr. Salgado accuses her of sleeping with Robert?
4. How does Mr. Salgado treat Robert and the journalist?
5. What does Miss Nili drop during the Christmas Eve dinner?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)