|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The haberdasher who stops by Mr. Salgado's house on Thursdays is one of the what who stops by regularly?
2. How long has the cashier been out of Sri Lanka?
(a) A decade.
(b) A year and a half.
(c) Fairly recently.
(d) Seven years ago.
3. When the cashier experiences technical difficulties, what does he consider doing?
(a) Rummaging through the shed.
(b) Throwing the unit away.
(c) Calling for help.
(d) Quitting his job.
4. What vehicle does the narrator own when the story opens?
5. After taking care of his car, what does the narrator do at the start of the story?
(a) Assists another driver.
(b) Records data in a logbook.
(c) Drops his wallet.
(d) Buys an ice cream cone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the gas station cashier on the job?
2. What does Triton say when Mr. Salgado asks him if he has any schooling?
3. When Mr. Salgado takes a weekend trip to his cousin's tea estate, who is left in charge of the household?
4. When the cashier mentions the part of Sri Lanka that he's from, what does the narrator think of?
5. What about Mr. Salgado captivates young Triton when they first meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Triton do right after he fills up the tank of his old Volkswagen?
2. What happens in 1962, when Triton's narration begins?
3. Describe the relationship between Triton and Joseph.
4. Describe the relationship between Triton and Mr. Salgado.
5. At the start of the story, who does the narrator speak with?
6. Who is the narrator of the story?
7. During their first meeting, how does Triton reply when Mr. Salgado asks if he's been to school?
8. What are young Triton's main duties at Mr. Salgado's house?
9. When the cashier asks the narrator if he lives close by, what does the man reply?
10. At the end of the first section, what does the narrator begin to talk about with the gas station cashier?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)