Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who carves the turkey during the Christmas Eve dinner?
(a) Miss Nili.
(d) Mr. Salgado.
2. When the men at the poker party call to Triton to bring more beer, what does he do?
(a) Brings coffee instead.
(b) Ignores them.
(c) Brings wine instead.
(d) Goes fishing.
3. When another guest arrives for the Christmas Eve dinner at Mr. Salgado's house, what does Triton do?
(a) Complains to Mr. Salgado that there is not enough food to go around.
(b) Storms off in anger because nobody tells him about the guest in advance.
(c) Gives up his portion of the food so that the unexpected guest may eat.
(d) Quickly arranges another setting at the table to avoid an awkward moment.
4. Mr. Salgado tells Triton that Dias is dead and explains that he ___.
(a) Drowns at sea.
(b) Is assassinated.
(c) Dies of a heart attack.
(d) Crashes the jeep against a tree.
5. While Triton is in the kitchen after the Christmas Eve dinner, who visits him, and why?
(a) Mr. Salgado to give him further instructions.
(b) Miss Nili to give him a present.
(c) Joseph to apologize for his past behavior.
(d) One of the foreign guests to thank him.
6. Why is Wijetunga dismayed when Triton tell hims that Miss Nili runs a hotel?
(a) He once has a terrible accident at a hotel.
(b) He believes women should not work in business.
(c) He believes tourists ruin their country.
(d) He used to date Miss Nili and does not want to hear about her.
7. What does Mr. Salgado talk about during the Christmas Eve dinner?
(a) The shifting trade winds.
(b) His new car.
(c) The ocean's thermodynamics.
(d) Miss Nili's job at the hotel.
8. As Miss Nili and Mr. Salgado get ready to attend the Mahaweli Scheme inauguration party, Triton gets the sense that things are ___.
(a) Going great.
(b) Slipping away.
(d) Not what they seem.
9. As Triton unpacks Nili's suitcases, what fascinates him?
(a) Her large collection of perfumes and colognes.
(b) The magazines she reads.
(c) The unusual color of her suitcases.
(d) The fabric her clothes are made of.
10. What changes does Miss Nili bring about in Mr. Salgado's house?
(a) She insists on doing most of the cooking herself.
(b) She orders repairs and remodels.
(c) She insists on new routines and schedules.
(d) She hires additional household staff.
11. As Triton closes up the main house following the Christmas Eve dinner, who does he find together on the sofa?
(a) Miss Nili and Robert.
(b) Mr. Salgado and Miss Nili.
(c) Miss Ellie and Joseph.
(d) Robert and Miss Ellie.
12. When Triton takes towels to Miss Nili's and Mr. Salgado's room, what does he accidentally see?
(a) Mr. Salgado doing drugs.
(b) Mr. Salgado with another woman.
(c) A nude Miss Nili.
(d) A note from Miss Nili to Mr. Salgado.
13. How does Mr. Salgado feel when Miss Nili is around?
14. Wijetunga's radical idea about improving his country is to ___.
(a) First destroy in order to create something better.
(b) Use every available space for growing fruits and vegetables.
(c) Legalize gambling.
(d) Make alliances with their enemies.
15. While working for Mr. Salgado, how does Triton educate himself?
(a) His employer hires a tutor for him.
(b) Reading his neighbor's schoolbooks.
(c) Sneaking into the neighborhood school while his employer naps.
(d) Watching educational television shows.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Salgado start to ignore marine-related projects that used to captivate him?
2. When Robert brings by a journalist to see Mr. Salgado, Miss Nili greets them wearing what?
3. What is the Mahaweli Scheme?
4. What do Robert and the journalist want to know when they stop by to visit Mr. Salgado?
5. After Miss Nili stops working at The Sea Hopper Hotel, what dream does she develop?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)