|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV Strandline.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After escaping from Joseph, where does Triton go to wait?
(a) At the courthouse.
(b) By the gate.
(c) In the library.
(d) In the living room.
2. What does Triton say when he hears about Mr. Salgado's decision to go back to Sri Lanka?
(a) It's too dangerous there now.
(b) Miss Nili will undoubtedly welcome him with open arms.
(c) Lucy-amma is happy to see him.
(d) Too many years have passed.
3. After their near accident on the drive to the observatory, Mr. Salgado, his friend, and Triton stop by a temple for what?
(a) To purchase water and a box lunch for each of them.
(b) To put money in a roadside blessing box.
(c) To pray at the travelers' shrine.
(d) To have a picnic lunch by the temple pond.
4. Why does Salgado say he's reluctant to work for the government?
(a) He would rather conduct his research independently.
(b) He does not want to play the politicians' games.
(c) The government does not run the program correctly.
(d) There is little pay in working for the government.
5. After Mr. Salgado purchases a small restaurant, what does Triton do?
(a) Creates and distributes fliers.
(b) Learns to cook British and French specialties.
(c) Paints it in tropical colors.
(d) Hires cooks and waiters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What changes does Miss Nili's presence create in Mr. Salgado?
2. What is the Mahaweli Scheme?
3. At the poker party, Mr. Salgado can't eat and drinks too much beer because he's worried about what?
4. After taking care of his car, what does the narrator do at the start of the story?
5. Back in Sri Lanka, what does Mr. Salgado want to turn the bay into?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)