|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV Strandline.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Salgado treat Robert and the journalist?
(a) With suspicion.
(b) With respect.
(c) With tolerance.
(d) With impatience.
2. Why does Mr. Salgado decide to return to Sri Lanka?
(a) To check on his house and observatory.
(b) To visit Nili at the sanatorium and help her.
(c) To bail Wijetunga out of jail.
(d) To see Lucy-amma again before she passes on.
3. When Triton gets up to investigate the source of the sound in the house, he finds Joseph in Mr. Salgado's room. What is the man doing there?
(a) Stealing money.
(b) Trying out Mr. Salgado's clothes.
(c) Rubbing cologne on his chest.
(d) Reading Mr. Salgado's diary.
4. What does Miss Nili do a few days after the Christmas Eve party?
(a) Bakes Triton a cake.
(b) Takes a three-day trip.
(c) Quits her job.
(d) Moves in with Mr. Salgado.
5. Who used to own the car that belongs to the narrator at the start of the story?
(c) Miss Nili.
(d) Mr. Salgado.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Triton spend his time doing at their little house in Earls Court?
2. Who calls Nili right before lunch is served to the poker crowd?
3. In the end, how does Triton fulfill his destiny?
4. In England, how does Triton regard the demons of his past?
5. Why is Wijetunga dismayed when Triton tell hims that Miss Nili runs a hotel?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)