|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III A Thousand Fingers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the cashier mentions the part of Sri Lanka that he's from, what does the narrator think of?
(a) Gold coins.
(c) Jasmine flowers.
2. What changes does Miss Nili's presence create in Mr. Salgado?
(a) He becomes distracted and forgetful.
(b) He becomes more withdrawn than before.
(c) He begins to act more arrogantly.
(d) He comes to life, becoming more radiant and outgoing.
3. How does Joseph react when Triton shortens the broom handle?
(a) Buys a new broom.
(b) Locks him in the basement.
(c) Complains bitterly.
(d) Laughs good-naturedly.
4. Who is Wijetunga?
(a) Triton's father.
(b) Triton's youngest brother.
(c) Mr. Salgado's assistant at the observatory.
(d) Mr. Salgado's next-door neighbor.
5. When Triton takes a small red onion and cuts it into quarters, what does he intend to do?
(a) Season his food with it.
(b) Protect himself against ghosts and demons.
(c) Play a prank on his neighbor.
(d) Hurt Joseph somehow.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Miss Nili and Mr. Salgado get ready to attend the Mahaweli Scheme inauguration party, Triton gets the sense that things are ___.
2. When Mr. Salgado takes a weekend trip to his cousin's tea estate, who is left in charge of the household?
3. Who is Palitha Aluthgoda, a prominent figure who is assassinated?
4. What is the Mahaweli Scheme?
5. During a trip to the bungalow observatory, how does Triton help out?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)