|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III A Thousand Fingers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Salgado's house represent to Triton when he is a boy?
(a) Center of the universe.
(b) A beautiful prison.
(c) Home away from home.
(d) A magical place to explore and enjoy.
2. How does Triton try to protect himself from Joseph when he's left alone with him in the house?
(a) He rubs a raw onion all over his hands.
(b) He carries a small pocketknife everywhere he goes.
(c) He wears a necklace made of chili peppers.
(d) He hides a big stick under his bed.
3. What does Miss Nili drop during the Christmas Eve dinner?
(a) Piece of pie.
(b) Piece of turkey.
(c) Glass of wine.
(d) Cup of coffee.
4. What vehicle does the narrator own when the story opens?
5. How does Triton change after Nili joins the household?
(a) He becomes quiet and moody.
(b) He cooks meals that impress her.
(c) He decides to grow a flower garden for her.
(d) He spends more time with her than with Mr. Salgado.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Wijetunga?
2. How long has the narrator been out of Sri Lanka?
3. How does young Triton feel about the sea?
4. Who used to own the car that belongs to the narrator at the start of the story?
5. At night, what does young Triton dream of?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)