|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III A Thousand Fingers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Triton is in the kitchen after the Christmas Eve dinner, who visits him, and why?
(a) One of the foreign guests to thank him.
(b) Joseph to apologize for his past behavior.
(c) Miss Nili to give him a present.
(d) Mr. Salgado to give him further instructions.
2. At night, what does young Triton dream of?
(a) Revenge against Mr. Salgado.
(b) Going back to his family.
(c) Revenge against Joseph.
(d) Going to the beach with the neighbor girl.
3. The cashier experiences technical difficulties with what?
(a) Jumper cables.
(b) Paint drying unit.
(c) Pressurized hose.
(d) Electronic till.
4. When Robert brings by a journalist to see Mr. Salgado, Miss Nili greets them wearing what?
(a) Mr. Salgado's bathrobe.
(b) Her kimono.
(c) Curlers in her hair.
(d) A bathing suit.
5. How do the guests react to the meal Triton prepares for Christmas Eve?
(a) They are impressed.
(b) They are underwhelmed.
(c) They don't like it but they're polite about it.
(d) They tell him it's too cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT included in the "Five Lessons" Wijetunga speaks of to Triton?
2. What do Triton, Mr. Salgado, and others in the neighborhood hear coming from house number eight?
3. In what language does the narrator try to speak to the cashier?
4. On the morning of the poker party, Nili is in a bad mood and won't ___.
5. How does Triton change after Nili joins the household?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)