|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III A Thousand Fingers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Triton when he goes to work for Mr. Salgado?
2. After taking care of his car, what does the narrator do at the start of the story?
(a) Assists another driver.
(b) Records data in a logbook.
(c) Buys an ice cream cone.
(d) Drops his wallet.
3. As Triton watches Mr. Salgado and Miss Nili taking a stroll down the beach, he imagines ___.
(a) The ocean snatching at their ankles.
(b) A pirate ship sailing in the distance.
(c) Dolphins speaking about the reefs.
(d) A sea monster rising up from the depths.
4. What do Robert and the journalist want to know when they stop by to visit Mr. Salgado?
(a) How the coastal village lifestyle is changing due to sea erosion.
(b) How quickly the reef is deteriorating.
(c) How the project to convert the ocean's energy into electricity is coming along.
(d) How much it costs to build a protective seawall.
5. Who calls Nili right before lunch is served to the poker crowd?
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her former employer.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Christmas Eve dinner guests start to leave, what does Mr. Salgado tell Triton to do?
2. When Triton takes a small red onion and cuts it into quarters, what does he intend to do?
3. Alone in the house, Triton falls asleep. When he is awakened by a sound, what does he think it is?
4. How long is the gas station cashier on the job?
5. What does Miss Nili drop during the Christmas Eve dinner?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)