|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III A Thousand Fingers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Triton try to protect himself from Joseph when he's left alone with him in the house?
(a) He carries a small pocketknife everywhere he goes.
(b) He rubs a raw onion all over his hands.
(c) He wears a necklace made of chili peppers.
(d) He hides a big stick under his bed.
2. When another guest arrives for the Christmas Eve dinner at Mr. Salgado's house, what does Triton do?
(a) Complains to Mr. Salgado that there is not enough food to go around.
(b) Quickly arranges another setting at the table to avoid an awkward moment.
(c) Gives up his portion of the food so that the unexpected guest may eat.
(d) Storms off in anger because nobody tells him about the guest in advance.
3. After recording information about his car, what does the narrator do?
(a) Goes to pay for the gasoline.
(b) Closes his cans of paint.
(c) Waxes his car.
(d) Takes his old battery in for recycling.
4. What is the narrator doing as the story opens?
(a) Washing his car.
(b) Painting his car.
(c) Filling the tank of his car.
(d) Replacing the battery of his car.
5. While working for Mr. Salgado, how does Triton educate himself?
(a) His employer hires a tutor for him.
(b) Reading his neighbor's schoolbooks.
(c) Sneaking into the neighborhood school while his employer naps.
(d) Watching educational television shows.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Triton seek refuge in the kitchen?
2. What is Triton worried about, regarding being under Joseph's rule?
3. Why are Triton and Joseph left alone at Mr. Salgado's house?
4. After their near accident on the drive to the observatory, Mr. Salgado, his friend, and Triton stop by a temple for what?
5. When Miss Nili and Mr. Salgado are out one evening, Triton wonders what his life is like if he ___.
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)