|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II Cook's Joy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At night, what does young Triton dream of?
(a) Revenge against Joseph.
(b) Going to the beach with the neighbor girl.
(c) Going back to his family.
(d) Revenge against Mr. Salgado.
2. How does Nili feel about the food Triton prepares?
(a) She thinks he can do much better.
(b) She loves it.
(c) She'd rather he add more spices.
(d) She tolerates it.
3. What does Mr. Salgado's house represent to Triton when he is a boy?
(a) A beautiful prison.
(b) Center of the universe.
(c) Home away from home.
(d) A magical place to explore and enjoy.
4. In what language does the narrator try to speak to the cashier?
5. Why does Triton seek refuge in the kitchen?
(a) Joseph does not go in there when onions are being prepared.
(b) He has a secret hiding place behind the kitchen pantry.
(c) It's the only room in the house with a door that locks.
(d) It reminds him of the times he helps his mother in the kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Triton's wish to see more of the outside world comes true when Mr. Salgado takes him to ___.
2. The cashier tells the narrator that he, too, has a:
3. Although Mr. Salgado goes to the best schools in Colombo, he considers himself what?
4. The cashier experiences technical difficulties with what?
5. How old is Lucy-amma?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)