|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II Cook's Joy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the cashier impressed with the narrator?
(a) He is a vegetarian.
(b) He used to be a marine biologist.
(c) He attends Oxford.
(d) He owns a restaurant.
2. Why does the cashier turn off the outside lights?
(a) So the monthly electric bill won't be as high.
(b) To close early and go home to his family.
(c) To keep customers away while the problem is being resolved.
(d) So he can take a ten-minute smoking break.
3. Mr. Dias Liyanage wants Mr. Salgado to take a job with a foundation interested in what?
(a) Soil conservation.
(b) Coral business.
(c) Cultural preservation.
(d) Fishing industry.
4. When the narrator and cashier meet, what is happening in Sri Lanka?
5. When does Miss Nili start visiting Mr. Salgado?
(a) December 1971.
(b) April 1969.
(c) February 1967.
(d) June 1965.
Short Answer Questions
1. After recording information about his car, what does the narrator do?
2. Among the many new tasks Mr. Salgado gives Joseph in preparation for his absence due to a trip, the most significant is ___.
3. Why does Triton run away from home?
4. How does Nili feel about the food Triton prepares?
5. When Joseph leaves and Triton is left alone in the house, how does the boy feel?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)