|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I Kolla.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After recording information about his car, what does the narrator do?
(a) Goes to pay for the gasoline.
(b) Waxes his car.
(c) Closes his cans of paint.
(d) Takes his old battery in for recycling.
2. One night, Triton dreams that there is a demon in the house, and in the morning he oversleeps. What does he tell Mr. Salgado that morning?
(a) Joseph steals Mr. Salgado's best wine the night before.
(b) The raging storm outside keeps Triton up all night.
(c) Triton fears the house may be haunted.
(d) Someone tries to break in, but Triton chases him away.
3. How long has the narrator been out of Sri Lanka?
(a) Less than a month.
(b) Three years.
(c) More than twenty years.
(d) Twelve years.
4. What compensation does Joseph get, and what warning does he get, at the end of "Kolla"?
(a) He receives severance pay and is warned to never come back.
(b) He is given a farewell party and told never to go near Triton again.
(c) He receives a shirt and is warned to stay sober from now on.
(d) He is given a cake and is told to leave Lucy-amma alone.
5. At night, what does young Triton dream of?
(a) Revenge against Mr. Salgado.
(b) Going to the beach with the neighbor girl.
(c) Revenge against Joseph.
(d) Going back to his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Triton, Mr. Salgado, and others in the neighborhood hear coming from house number eight?
2. The region of Sri Lanka that the cashier comes from is once what?
3. How does Joseph feel and act towards Triton?
4. When the narrator and cashier meet, what is happening in Sri Lanka?
5. After taking care of his car, what does the narrator do at the start of the story?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)