|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Breach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the narrator and the cashier strike up a conversation, what does the narrator want to know?
(a) If the cashier knows what language is spoken in Sri Lanka.
(b) If there's a good Sri Lankan restaurant nearby.
(c) If the cashier is from Sri Lanka.
(d) If there are many Sri Lankans living in London.
2. How far away is Sri Lanka from England?
(a) A thousand miles.
(b) Two thousand eight hundred miles.
(c) Six thousand miles.
(d) Four hundred miles.
3. After the cashier shares information about himself with the narrator, what does he ask?
(a) If the narrator is married.
(b) If the narrator lives nearby.
(c) Where the narrator went to school.
(d) How the narrator likes London.
4. Why is the cashier impressed with the narrator?
(a) He owns a restaurant.
(b) He is a vegetarian.
(c) He used to be a marine biologist.
(d) He attends Oxford.
5. What is the cashier's immigration status?
(a) Naturalized citizen.
(c) Dual citizen.
(d) Illegal immigrant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vehicle does the narrator own when the story opens?
2. After recording information about his car, what does the narrator do?
3. How long is the gas station cashier on the job?
4. How long has the narrator been out of Sri Lanka?
5. The cashier tells the narrator that he, too, has a:
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)