|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Breach.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the cashier confirm to the narrator?
(a) He is from Sri Lanka.
(b) There is a good Sri Lankan restaurant thirty miles away.
(c) There is a huge community of Sri Lankans in London.
(d) His cousin teaches him a few words spoken in Sri Lanka.
2. Once inside the office, what does the narrator ask the cashier?
(a) How long he's been in England.
(b) Who helps him escape from Sri Lanka.
(c) Why he leaves his wife behind.
(d) Where he lives.
3. Why does the cashier want the narrator to use his phone?
(a) To call his landlady.
(b) To show him how to use the phone.
(c) To speak with his boss.
(d) To call the police.
4. Who stumbles towards the narrator and the cashier as the two are engrossed in conversation?
(a) Distraught child.
(b) Drunk man.
(c) Mutual friend.
(d) Police officer.
5. How long has the narrator been out of Sri Lanka?
(a) Twelve years.
(b) Less than a month.
(c) Three years.
(d) More than twenty years.
Short Answer Questions
1. The region of Sri Lanka that the cashier comes from is once what?
2. The cashier says his Sri Lankan home is near what city?
3. In response to the intrusion upon the conversation between him and the narrator, what does the cashier do?
4. What does the individual who approaches the cashier and narrator begin to do?
5. How long has the cashier been out of Sri Lanka?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)