|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II Cook's Joy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joseph feel and act towards Triton?
(a) He treats him kindly.
(b) He largely ignores him.
(c) He takes him under his wing.
(d) He resents him.
2. What does the cashier confirm to the narrator?
(a) There is a good Sri Lankan restaurant thirty miles away.
(b) There is a huge community of Sri Lankans in London.
(c) His cousin teaches him a few words spoken in Sri Lanka.
(d) He is from Sri Lanka.
3. When Mr. Salgado returns from his trip and finds Joseph first missing and later drunk, what does he do?
(a) Fires him.
(b) Asks Triton what happened.
(c) Punches him.
(d) Gives him coffee.
4. As a young servant for Mr. Salgado, Triton's regular duties include what?
(a) Watering plants and taking food to the poor.
(b) Organizing books and catching fish.
(c) Milking cows and gathering eggs.
(d) Serving tea and sweeping floors.
5. When Triton goes back to the kitchen as holiday dinner guests start to leave, how does he feel?
(a) Elated that the guests love the meal.
(b) Angry that Mr. Salgado works him so hard.
(c) Overwhelmed by the cleanup he has to do.
(d) Sad to be far away from his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the narrator and the cashier strike up a conversation, what does the narrator want to know?
2. When the cashier mentions the part of Sri Lanka that he's from, what does the narrator think of?
3. At the start of the story, what does the narrator notice about the cashier?
4. How old is Triton when he goes to work for Mr. Salgado?
5. Why does Triton wish Miss Nili would come by the house more often?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)