|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II Cook's Joy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Triton try to protect himself from Joseph when he's left alone with him in the house?
(a) He hides a big stick under his bed.
(b) He rubs a raw onion all over his hands.
(c) He wears a necklace made of chili peppers.
(d) He carries a small pocketknife everywhere he goes.
2. Why does the cashier want the narrator to use his phone?
(a) To show him how to use the phone.
(b) To call his landlady.
(c) To speak with his boss.
(d) To call the police.
3. Once inside the office, what does the narrator ask the cashier?
(a) How long he's been in England.
(b) Who helps him escape from Sri Lanka.
(c) Where he lives.
(d) Why he leaves his wife behind.
4. How does Joseph react when Triton shortens the broom handle?
(a) Laughs good-naturedly.
(b) Buys a new broom.
(c) Complains bitterly.
(d) Locks him in the basement.
5. Alone in the house, Triton falls asleep. When he is awakened by a sound, what does he think it is?
(a) Wind knocking a window open.
(b) Stray cat.
(c) Mr. Salgado returning.
(d) A robber.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Triton and Joseph left alone at Mr. Salgado's house?
2. When the cashier experiences technical difficulties, what does he consider doing?
3. When Triton takes a small red onion and cuts it into quarters, what does he intend to do?
4. Meticulous when it comes to creating lists, what does the narrator log after servicing his car?
5. After taking care of his car, what does the narrator do at the start of the story?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)