|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III A Thousand Fingers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the word "kolla" mean in Sinhala?
2. What does Miss Nili drop during the Christmas Eve dinner?
(a) Cup of coffee.
(b) Piece of pie.
(c) Piece of turkey.
(d) Glass of wine.
3. At the Christmas Eve dinner, who watches Miss Nili intently as she speaks?
4. Why does Wijetunga tell Triton that children need an education?
(a) So they can make something of themselves.
(b) To later earn a good living and support a large family.
(c) To have the opportunity to leave Sri Lanka if they wish.
(d) So they can question authority.
5. When the men at the poker party call to Triton to bring more beer, what does he do?
(a) Brings coffee instead.
(b) Ignores them.
(c) Goes fishing.
(d) Brings wine instead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Salgado talk about during the Christmas Eve dinner?
2. How does Mr. Salgado feel when Miss Nili is around?
3. Why are Triton and Joseph left alone at Mr. Salgado's house?
4. What changes does Miss Nili's presence create in Mr. Salgado?
5. What does Miss Nili do a few days after the Christmas Eve party?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)