|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III A Thousand Fingers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the police and neighbors discover at house number eight?
(a) A visiting classical singer is trying to stay there without being noticed by the neighbors.
(b) The wife rubs hot chillies all over her husband as punishment for his indiscretions.
(c) The wife steps on a cluster of poisonous scorpions.
(d) The husband is drunk and cranks up the volume of the radio and television.
2. How does young Triton feel about the sea?
(a) He's bored by it and wants to go home.
(b) He's both mesmerized and frightened by it.
(c) He wants to go deep sea fishing.
(d) He longs to travel across the sea on a large ship.
3. One night, Triton dreams that there is a demon in the house, and in the morning he oversleeps. What does he tell Mr. Salgado that morning?
(a) The raging storm outside keeps Triton up all night.
(b) Triton fears the house may be haunted.
(c) Someone tries to break in, but Triton chases him away.
(d) Joseph steals Mr. Salgado's best wine the night before.
4. What does Triton find inside the cookbook he receives?
(a) A thank you letter.
(b) A one hundred rupee note.
(c) A map of Sri Lanka.
(d) A letter meant for someone else.
5. Mr. Dias Liyanage wants Mr. Salgado to take a job with a foundation interested in what?
(a) Cultural preservation.
(b) Soil conservation.
(c) Fishing industry.
(d) Coral business.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Triton is in the kitchen after the Christmas Eve dinner, who visits him, and why?
2. Why does Salgado say he's reluctant to work for the government?
3. Triton's wish to see more of the outside world comes true when Mr. Salgado takes him to ___.
4. Why does Wijetunga tell Triton that children need an education?
5. At night, what does young Triton dream of?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)