|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cluny say that Jess Squirrel has that he could use?
2. What does Warbeak swear by to convince Matthias that she will fulfill her promise?
3. What does Dunwing call her daughter?
4. Who saves a cornered band of shrews from the ferrets?
5. What does Silent Sam carry in his teeth to go save his mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Basil Stag Hare act when he comes back from his encounter with Cluny injured?
2. What does Basil Stag Hare tell Matthias after the death of Brother Methuselah, and what effect does this have on him?
3. How does Basil Stag Hare propose that Matthias approach Captain Snow for help as a guide to finding Asmodeus?
4. What does Cluny wish for his horde to think like sometimes?
5. How does the sparrow tribe react to Queen Warbeak?
6. How does Cluny treat the horde as he emerges from his tent?
7. What is the light effect that occurs when Matthias and Warbeak eat lunch together?
8. What does Father Abbot Mortimer tell Matthias as the old abbot is dying?
9. Why does Squire Julian Gingivere harbor resentment toward Captain Snow?
10. How does Matthias feel after he helps Squire Julian Gingivere and captain Snow regain their friendship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the symbolism of the Sword of Martin. Why is Matthias so obsessed with it? What does it represent for Redwall?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the morality of Father Abbot Mortimer. Why doesn't he allow the mice to give chase after the rats retreat? How is this a central theme of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the nature of the rats with the nature of the mice of Redwall. Which are more human in the way they deal with the world? What is the author trying to say about the nature of humans through his portrayal of the animals?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)