|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jess Squirrel use to stop the battering ram?
2. What does Squire Julian Gingivere call the views of Captain Snow?
3. What does Captain Snow inadvertently call his nest when he invites Matthias to stay with him?
4. What does Jess Squirrel call Cluny?
5. What sort of material does the squirrel who helps the mice look for the Sword of Martin prefer to climb?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cluny react when he is covered in hornet stings?
2. What is Father Abbot Mortimer's last address to Redwall about?
3. What valuable lesson does Matthias learn about wearing a collar from his interaction with Warbeak?
4. What does Father Abbot Mortimer tell Matthias as the old abbot is dying?
5. What happens to Chickenhound after he and his mother have been stabbed?
6. Who is Greytail, and how did he die?
7. How does Silent Sam deal with his boredom waiting for battle?
8. Why does the author state that Basil Stag Hare and Jess Squirrel are "thick as thieves"?
9. How does Basil Stag Hare propose that Matthias approach Captain Snow for help as a guide to finding Asmodeus?
10. What does Basil Stag Hare tell Matthias after the death of Brother Methuselah, and what effect does this have on him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Cornflower saves the day with the lantern. Is this action typical of her character?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the way John Churchmouse records the events that occur a year after the battle with the rats. Who is doing what at Redwall? How has the life of Matthias progressed?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Matthias's encounter with the shrews. How does he eventually befriend them? What happens as a result of the deal he has made with Captain Snow? How does everyone involved act as a result of this turn of events?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)