|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jess Squirrel use as a decoy when she steals back the tapestry?
2. What does Brother Methuselah call Matthias when the novice awakens him and calls him "old one"?
3. What does Captain Snow say that Asmodeus has in his eye?
4. What does Cluny think is holding the tunnel progress back?
5. What does Warbeak swear by to convince Matthias that she will fulfill her promise?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the light effect that occurs when Matthias and Warbeak eat lunch together?
2. What does Plumpen do when he gets into Redwall?
3. What is Father Abbot Mortimer's last address to Redwall about?
4. What does Basil Stag Hare tell Matthias after the death of Brother Methuselah, and what effect does this have on him?
5. What does Cluny threaten to do if he doesn't like the progress of the tunnel being dug leading to Redwall?
6. What valuable lesson does Matthias learn about wearing a collar from his interaction with Warbeak?
7. Why does the author state that Basil Stag Hare and Jess Squirrel are "thick as thieves"?
8. How does Cluny react when he is covered in hornet stings?
9. Who is Greytail, and how did he die?
10. How does Basil Stag Hare show his admiration for Constance Badger after she returns from fighting Redtooth and Fangburn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Jess Squirrel saves Redwall from the battering ram. How does this turn the tide of the battle?
Essay Topic 2
List the articles of death and slavery that Cluny reads to the mice of Redwall. How does Father Abbot Mortimer react to them? What does Cluny say as he leaves Redwall?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the final battle between Cluny and Matthias. What has foreshadowed this encounter? What finally happens to Cluny?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)