|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jess Squirrel leap as she steals the tapestry back from Cluny's standard?
2. Where does Friar Hugo hide when the battle between Matthias and Cluny reaches the bell tower?
3. What does Plumped use to grease the lock of the Redwall door?
4. What do sparrows call creatures they feel are beneath them?
5. What does Jess Squirrel call Cluny?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Matthias feel after he helps Squire Julian Gingivere and captain Snow regain their friendship?
2. What is the light effect that occurs when Matthias and Warbeak eat lunch together?
3. What is Father Abbot Mortimer's last address to Redwall about?
4. What does Father Abbot Mortimer tell Matthias as the old abbot is dying?
5. How does Dunwing help Matthias escape from the sparrows?
6. What does Chickenhound do when he gets into Cavern Hole?
7. How does Silent Sam deal with his boredom waiting for battle?
8. How does Matthias's imagination play tricks on him when he is lying in wait for Asmodeus, and how does he deal with this?
9. What happens to Chickenhound after he and his mother have been stabbed?
10. How does Cluny react when he is covered in hornet stings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the author's description of life at Redwall Abbey with his description of Cluny and his horde. How does this set up the conflict between them? How are their views of the world different?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the allegory of Martin the Warrior. What does he represent for the mice of Redwall? How does he inspire Matthias?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the final meeting between Matthias and Asmodeus. Who is with Matthias during this encounter? What role does the Sword of Martin play?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)