|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matthias toss away with satisfaction at his victory celebration with the shrews?
2. Who was Cluny's natural choice for first officer after the death of Redtooth?
3. How are Sela and Chickenhound executed?
4. The cat's voice is cultured, though it was a _____.
5. What does Jess Squirrel use as a decoy when she steals back the tapestry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Matthias's imagination play tricks on him when he is lying in wait for Asmodeus, and how does he deal with this?
2. Why does the author state that Basil Stag Hare and Jess Squirrel are "thick as thieves"?
3. What is the light effect that occurs when Matthias and Warbeak eat lunch together?
4. How does Matthias feel after he helps Squire Julian Gingivere and captain Snow regain their friendship?
5. What does Cluny wish for his horde to think like sometimes?
6. What valuable lesson does Matthias learn about wearing a collar from his interaction with Warbeak?
7. What is Father Abbot Mortimer's last address to Redwall about?
8. How does Basil Stag Hare propose that Matthias approach Captain Snow for help as a guide to finding Asmodeus?
9. Why does Asmodeus like the idea of eating Redtooth?
10. What does Cluny threaten to do if he doesn't like the progress of the tunnel being dug leading to Redwall?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the nature of the rats with the nature of the mice of Redwall. Which are more human in the way they deal with the world? What is the author trying to say about the nature of humans through his portrayal of the animals?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the morality of Father Abbot Mortimer. Why doesn't he allow the mice to give chase after the rats retreat? How is this a central theme of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the societies described in the book come together to save Redwall in the end. How has Matthias been an integral part of this diplomacy? What is the result int he aftermath of the battle regarding these societies?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)