|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cluny seem when he emerges from the tent after his defeat with the battering ram and tunnels?
2. Where does Friar Hugo hide when the battle between Matthias and Cluny reaches the bell tower?
3. When Constance Badger senses that something is amiss among the attacking rats, she feels it in her _____.
4. What does Jess Squirrel use as a decoy when she steals back the tapestry?
5. What does Matthias toss away with satisfaction at his victory celebration with the shrews?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author state that Basil Stag Hare and Jess Squirrel are "thick as thieves"?
2. How does Cluny treat the horde as he emerges from his tent?
3. How does Basil Stag Hare show his admiration for Constance Badger after she returns from fighting Redtooth and Fangburn?
4. How does Matthias feel after he helps Squire Julian Gingivere and captain Snow regain their friendship?
5. What valuable lesson does Matthias learn about wearing a collar from his interaction with Warbeak?
6. How does Basil Stag Hare act when he comes back from his encounter with Cluny injured?
7. How does Matthias explain why he is in the part of Mossflower run by the shrews, and how do they react to his presence?
8. What does Cluny wish for his horde to think like sometimes?
9. What does Matthias say to Warbeak when she threatens to have her king kill him?
10. What does Chickenhound do when he gets into Cavern Hole?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the author's description of life at Redwall Abbey with his description of Cluny and his horde. How does this set up the conflict between them? How are their views of the world different?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Brother Methuselah discovers the riddle behind the tapestry. How does the riddle reveal the destiny of Matthias?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the final battle between Cluny and Matthias. What has foreshadowed this encounter? What finally happens to Cluny?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)