|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the squirrel who helps immensely when the mice are looking for the Sword of Martin?
2. What does Dunwing call her daughter?
3. Basil Stag Hare tells the the mice to go get a bite to eat or he will turn their whiskers into _____.
4. What does Brother Methuselah call Matthias when the novice awakens him and calls him "old one"?
5. What does Silent Sam show Basil Stag Hare when he finds him eating?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Basil Stag Hare act when he comes back from his encounter with Cluny injured?
2. Why does Asmodeus like the idea of eating Redtooth?
3. What happens to Chickenhound after he and his mother have been stabbed?
4. How does Dunwing help Matthias escape from the sparrows?
5. How does Matthias feel after he helps Squire Julian Gingivere and captain Snow regain their friendship?
6. How does the sparrow tribe react to Queen Warbeak?
7. How does Basil Stag Hare show his admiration for Constance Badger after she returns from fighting Redtooth and Fangburn?
8. Who is Greytail, and how did he die?
9. How does Matthias explain why he is in the part of Mossflower run by the shrews, and how do they react to his presence?
10. What does Squire Julian Gingivere remember about the Sword of Martin and what does he warn Matthias about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Sela the vixen's role in the war between the rats and the mice. Who is she really in it for? What is her nature regarding the matters of conflict? What happens to her as a result of her actions?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the final battle between Cluny and Matthias. What has foreshadowed this encounter? What finally happens to Cluny?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the societies described in the book come together to save Redwall in the end. How has Matthias been an integral part of this diplomacy? What is the result int he aftermath of the battle regarding these societies?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)