|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cornflower carry over to Father Abbot Mortimer when they find Matthias barely alive?
2. What does Scumnose tell Cluny he is keeping nice and fresh in a ditch?
3. What does Cluny threaten Plumpen's family with?
4. What name does Chickenhound want to call himself for all his self-proclaimed criminal "greatness"?
5. What is happening in Cavern Hole by invitation of Matthias and Brother Methuselah?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cluny threaten to do if he doesn't like the progress of the tunnel being dug leading to Redwall?
2. How does Matthias explain why he is in the part of Mossflower run by the shrews, and how do they react to his presence?
3. Why does Asmodeus like the idea of eating Redtooth?
4. How does Matthias feel after he helps Squire Julian Gingivere and captain Snow regain their friendship?
5. What does Chickenhound do when he gets into Cavern Hole?
6. What does Plumpen do when he gets into Redwall?
7. How does Cluny treat the horde as he emerges from his tent?
8. What happens to Chickenhound after he and his mother have been stabbed?
9. What does Matthias say to Warbeak when she threatens to have her king kill him?
10. How does Constance Badger deal with Warbeak after she is captured?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the societies described in the book come together to save Redwall in the end. How has Matthias been an integral part of this diplomacy? What is the result int he aftermath of the battle regarding these societies?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the author's description of life at Redwall Abbey with his description of Cluny and his horde. How does this set up the conflict between them? How are their views of the world different?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Redwall is finally infiltrated by the rats. Why does it take this kind of betrayal for the rats to gain the upper hand? What happens to Plumpen as a result of this betrayal? Why did he betray the mice in the first place?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)