|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The cat's voice is cultured, though it was a _____.
2. Captain Snow tells Matthias that he is deader than _____ if he seeks out Asmodeus.
3. What does Plumped use to grease the lock of the Redwall door?
4. What does Squire Julian Gingivere call the views of Captain Snow?
5. What do the sparrows call Asmodeus?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the sparrow tribe react to Queen Warbeak?
2. What does Cluny wish for his horde to think like sometimes?
3. How does Silent Sam deal with his boredom waiting for battle?
4. What valuable lesson does Matthias learn about wearing a collar from his interaction with Warbeak?
5. How does Matthias feel after he helps Squire Julian Gingivere and captain Snow regain their friendship?
6. What does Plumpen do when he gets into Redwall?
7. How does Basil Stag Hare propose that Matthias approach Captain Snow for help as a guide to finding Asmodeus?
8. How does Dunwing help Matthias escape from the sparrows?
9. How does Cluny treat the horde as he emerges from his tent?
10. How does Basil Stag Hare show his admiration for Constance Badger after she returns from fighting Redtooth and Fangburn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the societies described in the book come together to save Redwall in the end. How has Matthias been an integral part of this diplomacy? What is the result int he aftermath of the battle regarding these societies?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Redwall is finally infiltrated by the rats. Why does it take this kind of betrayal for the rats to gain the upper hand? What happens to Plumpen as a result of this betrayal? Why did he betray the mice in the first place?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how the relationship between Warbeak and Matthias progresses. How does Warbeak treat Matthias when she is first captured? When do they begin to trust each other?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)