|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Squire Julian Gingivere call the views of Captain Snow?
2. Like Basil Stag Hare, the shrews are masters of _____.
3. When Constance Badger senses that something is amiss among the attacking rats, she feels it in her _____.
4. What does the moonlight focus upon when Matthias puts the shield into the niche in the stone?
5. What does Captain Snow inadvertently call his nest when he invites Matthias to stay with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Silent Sam deal with his boredom waiting for battle?
2. What happens to Chickenhound after he and his mother have been stabbed?
3. What does Cluny wish for his horde to think like sometimes?
4. What does Cluny threaten to do if he doesn't like the progress of the tunnel being dug leading to Redwall?
5. What does Basil Stag Hare tell Matthias after the death of Brother Methuselah, and what effect does this have on him?
6. How does Matthias explain why he is in the part of Mossflower run by the shrews, and how do they react to his presence?
7. What does Plumpen do when he gets into Redwall?
8. How does Constance Badger deal with Warbeak after she is captured?
9. How does Dunwing help Matthias escape from the sparrows?
10. What is the light effect that occurs when Matthias and Warbeak eat lunch together?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Sela the vixen's role in the war between the rats and the mice. Who is she really in it for? What is her nature regarding the matters of conflict? What happens to her as a result of her actions?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the symbolism of the Sword of Martin. Why is Matthias so obsessed with it? What does it represent for Redwall?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the chaotic life of the sparrows. What is their place of residence like? How does King Bull Sparra's being in power contribute to this chaos?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)