|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sela supposedly need that Cluny sends her into the woods to look for?
2. Basil Stag Hare tells the the mice to go get a bite to eat or he will turn their whiskers into _____.
3. Father Abbot Mortimer describes Redwall as ____when he addresses the captains wiht a morale-boosting speech.
4. What does Brother Methuselah call Matthias when the novice awakens him and calls him "old one"?
5. When Constance Badger senses that something is amiss among the attacking rats, she feels it in her _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Basil Stag Hare act when he comes back from his encounter with Cluny injured?
2. What happens to Chickenhound after he and his mother have been stabbed?
3. How does Dunwing help Matthias escape from the sparrows?
4. Who is Greytail, and how did he die?
5. What does Cluny threaten to do if he doesn't like the progress of the tunnel being dug leading to Redwall?
6. What is Father Abbot Mortimer's last address to Redwall about?
7. How does Matthias's imagination play tricks on him when he is lying in wait for Asmodeus, and how does he deal with this?
8. How does Matthias feel after he helps Squire Julian Gingivere and captain Snow regain their friendship?
9. Why does the author state that Basil Stag Hare and Jess Squirrel are "thick as thieves"?
10. How does Basil Stag Hare propose that Matthias approach Captain Snow for help as a guide to finding Asmodeus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Jess Squirrel saves Redwall from the battering ram. How does this turn the tide of the battle?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the nature of the rats with the nature of the mice of Redwall. Which are more human in the way they deal with the world? What is the author trying to say about the nature of humans through his portrayal of the animals?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the constant battle between the rats for the position of second-in-command. Who is involved? How do the different rats act when they are given the position? What happens to each of them?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)