|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chickenhound considers Redwall to be his _____.
2. What does Cluny stand on in the churchyard to observe the work of his horde?
3. What does Jess Squirrel use as a decoy when she steals back the tapestry?
4. What did Killconey call Scrag in order to extol his virtues after death?
5. When Matthias calls Brother Methuselah an ancient wizard for tricking Warbeak, he replies that he thinks of himself as _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chickenhound do when he gets into Cavern Hole?
2. Why does the author state that Basil Stag Hare and Jess Squirrel are "thick as thieves"?
3. Who is Greytail, and how did he die?
4. What does Basil Stag Hare tell Matthias after the death of Brother Methuselah, and what effect does this have on him?
5. What does Father Abbot Mortimer tell Matthias as the old abbot is dying?
6. How does the sparrow tribe react to Queen Warbeak?
7. How does Cluny treat the horde as he emerges from his tent?
8. How does Basil Stag Hare show his admiration for Constance Badger after she returns from fighting Redtooth and Fangburn?
9. How does Constance Badger deal with Warbeak after she is captured?
10. How does Basil Stag Hare act when he comes back from his encounter with Cluny injured?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Brother Methuselah discovers the riddle behind the tapestry. How does the riddle reveal the destiny of Matthias?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the morality of Father Abbot Mortimer. Why doesn't he allow the mice to give chase after the rats retreat? How is this a central theme of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the nature of the rats with the nature of the mice of Redwall. Which are more human in the way they deal with the world? What is the author trying to say about the nature of humans through his portrayal of the animals?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)