|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cheesethief do with Cluny's tail barb when he is in his tent?
2. What did the Redwall food seem to turn into in Plumpen's mouth as a result of his mission there?
3. Basil Stag Hare calls Constance Badger a _____ when she returns from fighting Redtooth and Fangburn.
4. What are the rats threatening to use to attack Redwall with?
5. What does the squirrel who helps the mice look for the Sword of Martin latch her tail around when she tells them she has made headway?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cluny threaten to do if he doesn't like the progress of the tunnel being dug leading to Redwall?
2. How does Basil Stag Hare act when he comes back from his encounter with Cluny injured?
3. Why does Squire Julian Gingivere harbor resentment toward Captain Snow?
4. How does the sparrow tribe react to Queen Warbeak?
5. How does Matthias's imagination play tricks on him when he is lying in wait for Asmodeus, and how does he deal with this?
6. How does Cluny react when he is covered in hornet stings?
7. What does Cluny wish for his horde to think like sometimes?
8. What is Father Abbot Mortimer's last address to Redwall about?
9. Why does the author state that Basil Stag Hare and Jess Squirrel are "thick as thieves"?
10. What happens to Chickenhound after he and his mother have been stabbed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Matthias's encounter with the shrews. How does he eventually befriend them? What happens as a result of the deal he has made with Captain Snow? How does everyone involved act as a result of this turn of events?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the societies described in the book come together to save Redwall in the end. How has Matthias been an integral part of this diplomacy? What is the result int he aftermath of the battle regarding these societies?
Essay Topic 3
List the articles of death and slavery that Cluny reads to the mice of Redwall. How does Father Abbot Mortimer react to them? What does Cluny say as he leaves Redwall?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)