|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jess Squirrel use to stop the battering ram?
2. What does Silent Sam show Basil Stag Hare when he finds him eating?
3. What does Jess Squirrel use as a decoy when she steals back the tapestry?
4. Captain Snow tells Matthias that he is deader than _____ if he seeks out Asmodeus.
5. Who saves a cornered band of shrews from the ferrets?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the allegory of Martin the Warrior. What does he represent for the mice of Redwall? How does he inspire Matthias?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Brother Methuselah discovers the riddle behind the tapestry. How does the riddle reveal the destiny of Matthias?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the nature of the rats with the nature of the mice of Redwall. Which are more human in the way they deal with the world? What is the author trying to say about the nature of humans through his portrayal of the animals?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)