|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Captain Snow say that Asmodeus has in his eye?
2. How does the author describe the owl's eyes?
3. What sort of material does the squirrel who helps the mice look for the Sword of Martin prefer to climb?
4. What color is the bloom of the late rose as Father Abbot Mrotimer lays on his deathbed?
5. What does Brother Methuselah call Matthias when the novice awakens him and calls him "old one"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Plumpen do when he gets into Redwall?
2. How does the sparrow tribe react to Queen Warbeak?
3. What does Cluny wish for his horde to think like sometimes?
4. How does Dunwing help Matthias escape from the sparrows?
5. What does Cluny threaten to do if he doesn't like the progress of the tunnel being dug leading to Redwall?
6. Who is Greytail, and how did he die?
7. How does Matthias explain why he is in the part of Mossflower run by the shrews, and how do they react to his presence?
8. How does Matthias's imagination play tricks on him when he is lying in wait for Asmodeus, and how does he deal with this?
9. How does Cluny treat the horde as he emerges from his tent?
10. What does Chickenhound do when he gets into Cavern Hole?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Cornflower saves the day with the lantern. Is this action typical of her character?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the final battle between Cluny and Matthias. What has foreshadowed this encounter? What finally happens to Cluny?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Brother Methuselah discovers the riddle behind the tapestry. How does the riddle reveal the destiny of Matthias?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)