|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cheesethief say the battering ram is like after the mice attack it?
2. Matthias tells Father Abbot Mortimer that it is not only their job to defend Redwall, but it has become their job to _____.
3. The cat that Matthias encounters is a _____.
4. Where does Jess Squirrel run when the rats chase her?
5. What does Cornflower carry over to Father Abbot Mortimer when they find Matthias barely alive?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dunwing help Matthias escape from the sparrows?
2. How does the sparrow tribe react to Queen Warbeak?
3. What is the light effect that occurs when Matthias and Warbeak eat lunch together?
4. Who is Greytail, and how did he die?
5. Why does the author state that Basil Stag Hare and Jess Squirrel are "thick as thieves"?
6. What does Basil Stag Hare tell Matthias after the death of Brother Methuselah, and what effect does this have on him?
7. What valuable lesson does Matthias learn about wearing a collar from his interaction with Warbeak?
8. How does Matthias explain why he is in the part of Mossflower run by the shrews, and how do they react to his presence?
9. How does Basil Stag Hare show his admiration for Constance Badger after she returns from fighting Redtooth and Fangburn?
10. How does Matthias's imagination play tricks on him when he is lying in wait for Asmodeus, and how does he deal with this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how the relationship between Cornflower and Matthias develops. How do they relate to each other on a daily basis? In times of stress?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Brother Methuselah discovers the riddle behind the tapestry. How does the riddle reveal the destiny of Matthias?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Redwall is finally infiltrated by the rats. Why does it take this kind of betrayal for the rats to gain the upper hand? What happens to Plumpen as a result of this betrayal? Why did he betray the mice in the first place?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)