|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the sniggering rats call the leaders of Redwall when they capture them?
2. What does Captain Snow say that Asmodeus has in his eye?
3. The cat that Matthias encounters is a _____.
4. What does Jess Squirrel use to stop the battering ram?
5. Who tries to seize Matthias only to be struck down by the Sword of Martin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cluny threaten to do if he doesn't like the progress of the tunnel being dug leading to Redwall?
2. How does Matthias feel after he helps Squire Julian Gingivere and captain Snow regain their friendship?
3. Why does Squire Julian Gingivere harbor resentment toward Captain Snow?
4. What is the light effect that occurs when Matthias and Warbeak eat lunch together?
5. How does the sparrow tribe react to Queen Warbeak?
6. How does Basil Stag Hare show his admiration for Constance Badger after she returns from fighting Redtooth and Fangburn?
7. How does Cluny react when he is covered in hornet stings?
8. What does Cluny wish for his horde to think like sometimes?
9. What is Father Abbot Mortimer's last address to Redwall about?
10. How does Constance Badger deal with Warbeak after she is captured?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Brother Methuselah discovers the riddle behind the tapestry. How does the riddle reveal the destiny of Matthias?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the allegory of Martin the Warrior. What does he represent for the mice of Redwall? How does he inspire Matthias?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the author's description of life at Redwall Abbey with his description of Cluny and his horde. How does this set up the conflict between them? How are their views of the world different?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)