|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the sniggering rats call the leaders of Redwall when they capture them?
2. What did the Redwall food seem to turn into in Plumpen's mouth as a result of his mission there?
3. What does Cornflower carry over to Father Abbot Mortimer when they find Matthias barely alive?
4. What does Squire Julian Gingivere call the views of Captain Snow?
5. What sort of odor dose Asmodeus emit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Chickenhound after he and his mother have been stabbed?
2. What does Plumpen do when he gets into Redwall?
3. How does Basil Stag Hare act when he comes back from his encounter with Cluny injured?
4. What valuable lesson does Matthias learn about wearing a collar from his interaction with Warbeak?
5. How does Cluny react when he is covered in hornet stings?
6. Why does Squire Julian Gingivere harbor resentment toward Captain Snow?
7. Who is Greytail, and how did he die?
8. How does Matthias explain why he is in the part of Mossflower run by the shrews, and how do they react to his presence?
9. What does Squire Julian Gingivere remember about the Sword of Martin and what does he warn Matthias about?
10. How does Constance Badger deal with Warbeak after she is captured?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Cornflower saves the day with the lantern. Is this action typical of her character?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the final meeting between Matthias and Asmodeus. Who is with Matthias during this encounter? What role does the Sword of Martin play?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Matthias's encounter with the shrews. How does he eventually befriend them? What happens as a result of the deal he has made with Captain Snow? How does everyone involved act as a result of this turn of events?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)