|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the mice use to move the rats away fro the battering ram so they can implement their plan?
2. What name does Chickenhound want to call himself for all his self-proclaimed criminal "greatness"?
3. What does Jess Squirrel call Cluny?
4. What sort of lunch do the shrews have when they are stalking Asmodeus?
5. What color is the bloom of the late rose as Father Abbot Mrotimer lays on his deathbed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Basil Stag Hare show his admiration for Constance Badger after she returns from fighting Redtooth and Fangburn?
2. Why does Asmodeus like the idea of eating Redtooth?
3. What does Cluny threaten to do if he doesn't like the progress of the tunnel being dug leading to Redwall?
4. What is the light effect that occurs when Matthias and Warbeak eat lunch together?
5. How does Cluny treat the horde as he emerges from his tent?
6. How does Basil Stag Hare propose that Matthias approach Captain Snow for help as a guide to finding Asmodeus?
7. How does Constance Badger deal with Warbeak after she is captured?
8. What does Father Abbot Mortimer tell Matthias as the old abbot is dying?
9. What is Father Abbot Mortimer's last address to Redwall about?
10. What does Plumpen do when he gets into Redwall?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Brother Methuselah discovers the riddle behind the tapestry. How does the riddle reveal the destiny of Matthias?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the allegory of Martin the Warrior. What does he represent for the mice of Redwall? How does he inspire Matthias?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the author's description of life at Redwall Abbey with his description of Cluny and his horde. How does this set up the conflict between them? How are their views of the world different?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)