|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Redwall food seem to turn into in Plumpen's mouth as a result of his mission there?
2. When Constance Badger senses that something is amiss among the attacking rats, she feels it in her _____.
3. What does Cluny threaten Plumpen's family with?
4. How does the author describe the owl's eyes?
5. How are Sela and Chickenhound executed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the sparrow tribe react to Queen Warbeak?
2. How does Matthias's imagination play tricks on him when he is lying in wait for Asmodeus, and how does he deal with this?
3. Who is Greytail, and how did he die?
4. How does Matthias feel after he helps Squire Julian Gingivere and captain Snow regain their friendship?
5. What does Cluny wish for his horde to think like sometimes?
6. Why does the author state that Basil Stag Hare and Jess Squirrel are "thick as thieves"?
7. What does Plumpen do when he gets into Redwall?
8. What does Chickenhound do when he gets into Cavern Hole?
9. What does Basil Stag Hare tell Matthias after the death of Brother Methuselah, and what effect does this have on him?
10. How does Cluny react when he is covered in hornet stings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
List the articles of death and slavery that Cluny reads to the mice of Redwall. How does Father Abbot Mortimer react to them? What does Cluny say as he leaves Redwall?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Matthias's encounter with the shrews. How does he eventually befriend them? What happens as a result of the deal he has made with Captain Snow? How does everyone involved act as a result of this turn of events?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Jess Squirrel saves Redwall from the battering ram. How does this turn the tide of the battle?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)