|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Martin the Warrior slay in the battle where he was wounded?
2. Matthias hits Ragear with a _____.
3. How does Brother Methuselah describe Matthias's face when he sees him?
4. How does Matthias feel when Ragear is stalking him?
5. Cluny calls the tapestry with Martin the Warrior on it a _____ to the mice.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Constance Badger prevent Cluny's horde from finding her as she pulls the cart full of mice?
2. How does Basil Stag Hare create a diversion so that Matthias can get into St. Ninian's?
3. How does Cluny treat his horse?
4. How does Brother Methuselah know that the rats are trying to attack Redwall via the elm tree?
5. What does Friar Hugo say that he is going to do with the grayling?
6. What does Ragear plan to do with Matthias once he catches him?
7. How does Ragear feel about being separated from Cluny?
8. Why is Matthias filled with self-doubt when he is lost in Mossflower Wood and how does he handle this?
9. How does Silent Sam act around Matthias when he finds him?
10. What has happened to Ambrose Spike when Matthias and his friends find him and what do Constance Badger's instincts tell her is happening?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the chaotic life of the sparrows. What is their place of residence like? How does King Bull Sparra's being in power contribute to this chaos?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the final battle between Cluny and Matthias. What has foreshadowed this encounter? What finally happens to Cluny?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the final meeting between Matthias and Asmodeus. Who is with Matthias during this encounter? What role does the Sword of Martin play?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)