|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cluny is described as carrying a rusty _____.
2. Matthias hits Ragear with a _____.
3. The rats have trouble catching Basil Stag Hare and say that he is as slippery as a _____.
4. Whose whiskers had gotten singed by Matthias in the past?
5. How does the author describe the manner of Basil Stag Hare?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Cornflower's impression of the Abbey garden as she dozes against Matthias's shoulder?
2. What does Matthias surmise as he reaches the edge of the woods on his way to St. Ninian's?
3. How does Silent Sam act around Matthias when he finds him?
4. Why is Matthias filled with self-doubt when he is lost in Mossflower Wood and how does he handle this?
5. How does Cluny treat his horse?
6. What are Cornflower's duties at Redwall and how do they increase after Matthias returns?
7. How do Matthias and Cluny react to Cornflower when Cluny enters Redwall?
8. What does Ambrose Spike do at the Jubilee?
9. What do the otters do at the Jubilee?
10. How does Brother Methuselah know that the rats are trying to attack Redwall via the elm tree?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the allegory of Martin the Warrior. What does he represent for the mice of Redwall? How does he inspire Matthias?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the way John Churchmouse records the events that occur a year after the battle with the rats. Who is doing what at Redwall? How has the life of Matthias progressed?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the constant battle between the rats for the position of second-in-command. Who is involved? How do the different rats act when they are given the position? What happens to each of them?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)