|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After breakfast following the encounter with Cluny, Father Abbot Mortimer issues the _____.
2. Who confronts Matthias in Mossflower Wood?
3. Cluny often wielded his great tail as a _____.
4. The rats have trouble catching Basil Stag Hare and say that he is as slippery as a _____.
5. How does Brother Methuselah describe the eyes of the sparrowhawk he treated?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened to Ambrose Spike when Matthias and his friends find him and what do Constance Badger's instincts tell her is happening?
2. How extensive are Cluny's injuries after he falls, and what do the mice and rats think of his chances of staying alive?
3. What are Cornflower's duties at Redwall and how do they increase after Matthias returns?
4. What does Cluny want Shadow to do and why?
5. What does Cheesethief think to himself when he overhears Cluny promising to promote the weasel Scragg over his rats?
6. How does Basil Stag Hare create a diversion so that Matthias can get into St. Ninian's?
7. Why is Matthias filled with self-doubt when he is lost in Mossflower Wood and how does he handle this?
8. How and when are the rats going to launch a second attack on Redwall, and how does Sela know this?
9. What does Ragear plan to do with Matthias once he catches him?
10. Why is Basil Stag Hare called "Stag"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how the relationship between Warbeak and Matthias progresses. How does Warbeak treat Matthias when she is first captured? When do they begin to trust each other?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the symbolism of the Sword of Martin. Why is Matthias so obsessed with it? What does it represent for Redwall?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the author's description of life at Redwall Abbey with his description of Cluny and his horde. How does this set up the conflict between them? How are their views of the world different?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)