|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon does Matthias draw as he fights his own fears in Mossflower Wood?
2. What lies between Matthias and St. Ninian's that Matthias is hesitant to cross?
3. The rats have trouble catching Basil Stag Hare and say that he is as slippery as a _____.
4. Which of the moles' relatives was an authority on the item of the riddle that exists between the Great Hall and Cavern Hole?
5. What are the rats carrying up the old elm tree?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Basil Stag Hare introduces himself to Matthias, what credentials does he list?
2. What are Cornflower's duties at Redwall and how do they increase after Matthias returns?
3. How does Cluny taunt the Voles after he has captured the piece of tapestry with Martin the Warrior on it?
4. How does Killconey describe Asmodeus to Cluny?
5. How does Sela manipulate Fangburn?
6. What is Father Abbot Mortimer's impression of Matthias at the beginning of the book, and what does he tell Matthias?
7. What does Ambrose Spike do at the Jubilee?
8. How does Silent Sam act around Matthias when he finds him?
9. What does Cheesethief think to himself when he overhears Cluny promising to promote the weasel Scragg over his rats?
10. Why is Basil Stag Hare called "Stag"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Sela the vixen's role in the war between the rats and the mice. Who is she really in it for? What is her nature regarding the matters of conflict? What happens to her as a result of her actions?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Matthias's encounter with the shrews. How does he eventually befriend them? What happens as a result of the deal he has made with Captain Snow? How does everyone involved act as a result of this turn of events?
Essay Topic 3
List the articles of death and slavery that Cluny reads to the mice of Redwall. How does Father Abbot Mortimer react to them? What does Cluny say as he leaves Redwall?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)