|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matthias feed Tim and Tess?
2. What does Matthias to break the lock when he tries to rescue the Voles?
3. What does Cluny call Constance Badger when he talks to Redtooth about her?
4. Who did Martin the Warrior slay in the battle where he was wounded?
5. What lies between Matthias and St. Ninian's that Matthias is hesitant to cross?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ragear feel about being separated from Cluny?
2. What has happened to Ambrose Spike when Matthias and his friends find him and what do Constance Badger's instincts tell her is happening?
3. What does Matthias surmise as he reaches the edge of the woods on his way to St. Ninian's?
4. How does Sela manipulate Fangburn?
5. What happens to the Voles when Ambrose Spike shows up at the Vole Bank?
6. Why does Constance Badger begin to trust the suggestions of Matthias?
7. What do the otters do at the Jubilee?
8. How extensive are Cluny's injuries after he falls, and what do the mice and rats think of his chances of staying alive?
9. How do Matthias and Cluny react to Cornflower when Cluny enters Redwall?
10. How does Cluny feel about losing the element of surprise in attacking Redwall?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the final meeting between Matthias and Asmodeus. Who is with Matthias during this encounter? What role does the Sword of Martin play?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how the relationship between Warbeak and Matthias progresses. How does Warbeak treat Matthias when she is first captured? When do they begin to trust each other?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the chaotic life of the sparrows. What is their place of residence like? How does King Bull Sparra's being in power contribute to this chaos?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)