|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Matthias calls Silent Sam a splendid _____.
2. What does Constance Badger think of the rats' fiasco in the elm tree?
3. What direction of breeze does Brother Methuselah point out when he is talking to Father Abbott Mortimer about the state of the battle with the rats?
4. Old Wormtail lost _____ in the cart accident.
5. Who does the rope belong to that binds Ragear to the tree?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Cornflower's duties at Redwall and how do they increase after Matthias returns?
2. What is Cornflower's impression of the Abbey garden as she dozes against Matthias's shoulder?
3. Why is Basil Stag Hare called "Stag"?
4. How does Silent Sam act around Matthias when he finds him?
5. How does Ragear feel about being separated from Cluny?
6. How does Cluny feel about losing the element of surprise in attacking Redwall?
7. What do Brothers Rufus and George include in their incident report?
8. What does Matthias surmise as he reaches the edge of the woods on his way to St. Ninian's?
9. How and when are the rats going to launch a second attack on Redwall, and how does Sela know this?
10. What happens to the Voles when Ambrose Spike shows up at the Vole Bank?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how the relationship between Cornflower and Matthias develops. How do they relate to each other on a daily basis? In times of stress?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Cornflower saves the day with the lantern. Is this action typical of her character?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the constant battle between the rats for the position of second-in-command. Who is involved? How do the different rats act when they are given the position? What happens to each of them?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)