|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Constance Badger calls Basil Stag Hare an old _____.
2. What does Cluny pull from the tip of his tail?
3. Who hears that Cluny is putting ladders up against the wall to attack Redwall?
4. After escaping the rats at St. Ninian's, what does Matthias eat on the way to Redwall?
5. What does Basil Stag Hare lug out of the undergrowth so he and Matthias can have lunch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cluny want Shadow to do and why?
2. What is Father Abbot Mortimer's impression of Matthias at the beginning of the book, and what does he tell Matthias?
3. How does Cluny feel about losing the element of surprise in attacking Redwall?
4. How does Brother Methuselah know that the rats are trying to attack Redwall via the elm tree?
5. When Basil Stag Hare introduces himself to Matthias, what credentials does he list?
6. How are Father Abbot Mortimer and Matthias dressed and why?
7. How does Cluny treat his horse?
8. Why does Constance Badger begin to trust the suggestions of Matthias?
9. How does Sela manipulate Fangburn?
10. How does Ragear feel about being separated from Cluny?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how the relationship between Warbeak and Matthias progresses. How does Warbeak treat Matthias when she is first captured? When do they begin to trust each other?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the symbolism of the Sword of Martin. Why is Matthias so obsessed with it? What does it represent for Redwall?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the author's description of life at Redwall Abbey with his description of Cluny and his horde. How does this set up the conflict between them? How are their views of the world different?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)