|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon does Matthias draw as he fights his own fears in Mossflower Wood?
2. What creature notices Cluny and Shadow approaching Redwall at night?
3. What aspect of the words of the riddle perplexes Matthias the most?
4. What does Constance Badger think of the rats' fiasco in the elm tree?
5. Father Abbot Mortimer and Constance Badger are chiefly concerned about _____ at the beginning of Chapter 9 in Book 1.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cluny feel about losing the element of surprise in attacking Redwall?
2. What are Cornflower's duties at Redwall and how do they increase after Matthias returns?
3. How does Constance Badger prevent Cluny's horde from finding her as she pulls the cart full of mice?
4. How does Cluny treat his horse?
5. How does Basil Stag Hare create a diversion so that Matthias can get into St. Ninian's?
6. What do the otters do at the Jubilee?
7. What does Ambrose Spike do at the Jubilee?
8. What does Friar Hugo say that he is going to do with the grayling?
9. What does Matthias surmise as he reaches the edge of the woods on his way to St. Ninian's?
10. How does Silent Sam act around Matthias when he finds him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Jess Squirrel saves Redwall from the battering ram. How does this turn the tide of the battle?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Cornflower saves the day with the lantern. Is this action typical of her character?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the nature of the rats with the nature of the mice of Redwall. Which are more human in the way they deal with the world? What is the author trying to say about the nature of humans through his portrayal of the animals?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)