|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nobody was sure if Shadow was a rat or a _____.
2. What does Basil Stag Hare call Matthias when he is reluctant to involve the hare in the fight with the rats?
3. What sort of snake is Asmodeus?
4. What is Constance carrying as she patrols the wall while under attack by the rats?
5. What does Matthias to break the lock when he tries to rescue the Voles?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ragear plan to do with Matthias once he catches him?
2. How extensive are Cluny's injuries after he falls, and what do the mice and rats think of his chances of staying alive?
3. How does Silent Sam act around Matthias when he finds him?
4. Why is Basil Stag Hare called "Stag"?
5. How does Cluny taunt the Voles after he has captured the piece of tapestry with Martin the Warrior on it?
6. What has happened to Ambrose Spike when Matthias and his friends find him and what do Constance Badger's instincts tell her is happening?
7. What are Cornflower's duties at Redwall and how do they increase after Matthias returns?
8. What is Cornflower's impression of the Abbey garden as she dozes against Matthias's shoulder?
9. How and when are the rats going to launch a second attack on Redwall, and how does Sela know this?
10. How does Constance Badger prevent Cluny's horde from finding her as she pulls the cart full of mice?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the chaotic life of the sparrows. What is their place of residence like? How does King Bull Sparra's being in power contribute to this chaos?
Essay Topic 2
List the articles of death and slavery that Cluny reads to the mice of Redwall. How does Father Abbot Mortimer react to them? What does Cluny say as he leaves Redwall?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the symbolism of the Sword of Martin. Why is Matthias so obsessed with it? What does it represent for Redwall?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)