Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the moles' relatives was an authority on the item of the riddle that exists between the Great Hall and Cavern Hole?
2. What sort of animal is Scragg?
3. How does Matthias feel when Ragear is stalking him?
4. Redtooth orders the twelve rats who were guarding the escaped Vole family to be _____.
5. What creature notices Cluny and Shadow approaching Redwall at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Cornflower's duties at Redwall and how do they increase after Matthias returns?
2. When Basil Stag Hare introduces himself to Matthias, what credentials does he list?
3. What has happened to Ambrose Spike when Matthias and his friends find him and what do Constance Badger's instincts tell her is happening?
4. How does Silent Sam act around Matthias when he finds him?
5. What does Chickenhound do when he gets into Cavern Hole?
6. How does Constance Badger prevent Cluny's horde from finding her as she pulls the cart full of mice?
7. What do the otters do at the Jubilee?
8. What does Cluny wish for his horde to think like sometimes?
9. How does Cluny react when he is covered in hornet stings?
10. How does Brother Methuselah know that the rats are trying to attack Redwall via the elm tree?
Essay Topic 1
Describe how the relationship between Cornflower and Matthias develops. How do they relate to each other on a daily basis? In times of stress?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the constant battle between the rats for the position of second-in-command. Who is involved? How do the different rats act when they are given the position? What happens to each of them?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the author's description of life at Redwall Abbey with his description of Cluny and his horde. How does this set up the conflict between them? How are their views of the world different?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)