|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Matthias helped Sister Stephanie get Tim and Tess cured from?
2. Ambrose Spike is a _____.
3. Where did Ambrose Spike stop before he was attacked?
4. What sort of animal is Scragg?
5. The rats have trouble catching Basil Stag Hare and say that he is as slippery as a _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Matthias filled with self-doubt when he is lost in Mossflower Wood and how does he handle this?
2. How does Cluny feel about losing the element of surprise in attacking Redwall?
3. What does Ragear plan to do with Matthias once he catches him?
4. What does Friar Hugo say that he is going to do with the grayling?
5. How does Constance Badger prevent Cluny's horde from finding her as she pulls the cart full of mice?
6. How does Brother Methuselah know that the rats are trying to attack Redwall via the elm tree?
7. How does Silent Sam act around Matthias when he finds him?
8. How extensive are Cluny's injuries after he falls, and what do the mice and rats think of his chances of staying alive?
9. What is Father Abbot Mortimer's impression of Matthias at the beginning of the book, and what does he tell Matthias?
10. What has happened to Ambrose Spike when Matthias and his friends find him and what do Constance Badger's instincts tell her is happening?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the constant battle between the rats for the position of second-in-command. Who is involved? How do the different rats act when they are given the position? What happens to each of them?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how the relationship between Warbeak and Matthias progresses. How does Warbeak treat Matthias when she is first captured? When do they begin to trust each other?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the nature of the rats with the nature of the mice of Redwall. Which are more human in the way they deal with the world? What is the author trying to say about the nature of humans through his portrayal of the animals?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)