|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Matthias and Brother Methuselah drink while working with the words behind the tapestry?
2. What was between the Great Hall and Cavern Hole that was mentioned in the riddle?
3. What does Colin Vole accuse Basil Stag Hare of making while his family was in peril?
4. Cluny's reputation was that of some sort of _____ to most creatures who knew of him.
5. The rats have trouble catching Basil Stag Hare and say that he is as slippery as a _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Brother Methuselah know that the rats are trying to attack Redwall via the elm tree?
2. What is Cornflower's impression of the Abbey garden as she dozes against Matthias's shoulder?
3. What has happened to Ambrose Spike when Matthias and his friends find him and what do Constance Badger's instincts tell her is happening?
4. What is Father Abbot Mortimer's impression of Matthias at the beginning of the book, and what does he tell Matthias?
5. What does Ragear plan to do with Matthias once he catches him?
6. How does Sela manipulate Fangburn?
7. What does Ambrose Spike do at the Jubilee?
8. How does Cluny taunt the Voles after he has captured the piece of tapestry with Martin the Warrior on it?
9. How does Cluny treat his horse?
10. How does Basil Stag Hare create a diversion so that Matthias can get into St. Ninian's?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Cornflower saves the day with the lantern. Is this action typical of her character?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Redwall is finally infiltrated by the rats. Why does it take this kind of betrayal for the rats to gain the upper hand? What happens to Plumpen as a result of this betrayal? Why did he betray the mice in the first place?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the morality of Father Abbot Mortimer. Why doesn't he allow the mice to give chase after the rats retreat? How is this a central theme of the book?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)