|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is disguised as Cluny in battle?
2. What emanates from Skullface after he falls from the horse?
3. Who did the grandfather of Constance Badger know that she mentions when she and Matthias return to the Abbey?
4. Ambrose Spike is a _____.
5. Where does Father Abbot Martimer intend to take the casualties of Cluny's attack?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Silent Sam act around Matthias when he finds him?
2. How do the rat survivors of the botched elm tree attack treat their fallen comrades?
3. Why is Matthias filled with self-doubt when he is lost in Mossflower Wood and how does he handle this?
4. How does Constance Badger prevent Cluny's horde from finding her as she pulls the cart full of mice?
5. What happens to the Voles when Ambrose Spike shows up at the Vole Bank?
6. What do Brothers Rufus and George include in their incident report?
7. How does Basil Stag Hare create a diversion so that Matthias can get into St. Ninian's?
8. What is Father Abbot Mortimer's impression of Matthias at the beginning of the book, and what does he tell Matthias?
9. How does Cluny taunt the Voles after he has captured the piece of tapestry with Martin the Warrior on it?
10. What does Friar Hugo say that he is going to do with the grayling?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the allegory of Martin the Warrior. What does he represent for the mice of Redwall? How does he inspire Matthias?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Cornflower saves the day with the lantern. Is this action typical of her character?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the final meeting between Matthias and Asmodeus. Who is with Matthias during this encounter? What role does the Sword of Martin play?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)