|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the walls of the Abbey made of?
2. At lunch, Cornflower gives Matthias _____.
3. Matthias had better _____ that either Constance Badger or Brother Alf.
4. Who hears that Cluny is putting ladders up against the wall to attack Redwall?
5. What is Matthias out gathering when he runs into Father Abbot Mortimer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened to Ambrose Spike when Matthias and his friends find him and what do Constance Badger's instincts tell her is happening?
2. What do Brothers Rufus and George include in their incident report?
3. What do the otters do at the Jubilee?
4. How and when are the rats going to launch a second attack on Redwall, and how does Sela know this?
5. What does Friar Hugo say that he is going to do with the grayling?
6. What does Cluny want Shadow to do and why?
7. What does Cheesethief think to himself when he overhears Cluny promising to promote the weasel Scragg over his rats?
8. How does Ragear feel about being separated from Cluny?
9. Why is Matthias filled with self-doubt when he is lost in Mossflower Wood and how does he handle this?
10. How does Silent Sam act around Matthias when he finds him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the way John Churchmouse records the events that occur a year after the battle with the rats. Who is doing what at Redwall? How has the life of Matthias progressed?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Cornflower saves the day with the lantern. Is this action typical of her character?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the constant battle between the rats for the position of second-in-command. Who is involved? How do the different rats act when they are given the position? What happens to each of them?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)