|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cluny orders a _____ healer to be called for to tend his wounds.
2. Matthias takes refuge in Mossflower Wood in _____.
3. What does Colin Vole accuse Basil Stag Hare of making while his family was in peril?
4. Which of the moles' relatives was an authority on the item of the riddle that exists between the Great Hall and Cavern Hole?
5. Who did Martin the Warrior slay in the battle where he was wounded?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ragear feel about being separated from Cluny?
2. What does Ragear plan to do with Matthias once he catches him?
3. What has happened to Ambrose Spike when Matthias and his friends find him and what do Constance Badger's instincts tell her is happening?
4. What is Father Abbot Mortimer's impression of Matthias at the beginning of the book, and what does he tell Matthias?
5. How are Father Abbot Mortimer and Matthias dressed and why?
6. How does Sela manipulate Fangburn?
7. How does Constance Badger prevent Cluny's horde from finding her as she pulls the cart full of mice?
8. What is Cornflower's impression of the Abbey garden as she dozes against Matthias's shoulder?
9. How does Basil Stag Hare create a diversion so that Matthias can get into St. Ninian's?
10. Why is Matthias filled with self-doubt when he is lost in Mossflower Wood and how does he handle this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Brother Methuselah discovers the riddle behind the tapestry. How does the riddle reveal the destiny of Matthias?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the final meeting between Matthias and Asmodeus. Who is with Matthias during this encounter? What role does the Sword of Martin play?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how the relationship between Cornflower and Matthias develops. How do they relate to each other on a daily basis? In times of stress?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)