|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cluny knew the value of _____ as a weapon.
2. When Matthias wakes up from having fallen asleep after his encounter with the rats at St. Ninian's, he is filled with _____.
3. What does Cluny pull from the tip of his tail?
4. What does Cluny call Constance Badger when he talks to Redtooth about her?
5. Cluny calls his hordes a cringing load of _____ when he yells for Redtooth and Darkclaw after the cart accident.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Friar Hugo say that he is going to do with the grayling?
2. What does Ambrose Spike do at the Jubilee?
3. What do the otters do at the Jubilee?
4. Why is Matthias filled with self-doubt when he is lost in Mossflower Wood and how does he handle this?
5. How do the rat survivors of the botched elm tree attack treat their fallen comrades?
6. How does Constance Badger prevent Cluny's horde from finding her as she pulls the cart full of mice?
7. How does Brother Methuselah know that the rats are trying to attack Redwall via the elm tree?
8. How does Cluny feel about losing the element of surprise in attacking Redwall?
9. How does Ragear feel about being separated from Cluny?
10. Why is Basil Stag Hare called "Stag"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how the relationship between Warbeak and Matthias progresses. How does Warbeak treat Matthias when she is first captured? When do they begin to trust each other?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the allegory of Martin the Warrior. What does he represent for the mice of Redwall? How does he inspire Matthias?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the final meeting between Matthias and Asmodeus. Who is with Matthias during this encounter? What role does the Sword of Martin play?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)