|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word is used to describe Ragear's stalking of Matthias?
2. What particular attribute does Basil Stag Hare say is unseemly about the rats to their faces?
3. What does Matthias to break the lock when he tries to rescue the Voles?
4. What direction of breeze does Brother Methuselah point out when he is talking to Father Abbott Mortimer about the state of the battle with the rats?
5. What emanates from Skullface after he falls from the horse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Brothers Rufus and George include in their incident report?
2. What does Cluny want Shadow to do and why?
3. Why does Constance Badger begin to trust the suggestions of Matthias?
4. What happens to the Voles when Ambrose Spike shows up at the Vole Bank?
5. What do the otters do at the Jubilee?
6. How does Ragear feel about being separated from Cluny?
7. How does Cluny feel about losing the element of surprise in attacking Redwall?
8. What does Ragear plan to do with Matthias once he catches him?
9. How does Constance Badger prevent Cluny's horde from finding her as she pulls the cart full of mice?
10. What does Matthias surmise as he reaches the edge of the woods on his way to St. Ninian's?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the final meeting between Matthias and Asmodeus. Who is with Matthias during this encounter? What role does the Sword of Martin play?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the allegory of Martin the Warrior. What does he represent for the mice of Redwall? How does he inspire Matthias?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the way John Churchmouse records the events that occur a year after the battle with the rats. Who is doing what at Redwall? How has the life of Matthias progressed?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)