|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Matthias out gathering when he runs into Father Abbot Mortimer?
2. Cluny calls his hordes a cringing load of _____ when he yells for Redtooth and Darkclaw after the cart accident.
3. How does Matthias feel when Ragear is stalking him?
4. Matthias had better _____ that either Constance Badger or Brother Alf.
5. Cluny says to himself that by the _____ he has not yet lost the war.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Basil Stag Hare propose that Matthias approach Captain Snow for help as a guide to finding Asmodeus?
2. Why is Matthias filled with self-doubt when he is lost in Mossflower Wood and how does he handle this?
3. How do Matthias and Cluny react to Cornflower when Cluny enters Redwall?
4. What has happened to Ambrose Spike when Matthias and his friends find him and what do Constance Badger's instincts tell her is happening?
5. How does Killconey describe Asmodeus to Cluny?
6. How does Matthias explain why he is in the part of Mossflower run by the shrews, and how do they react to his presence?
7. How are Father Abbot Mortimer and Matthias dressed and why?
8. How does Constance Badger deal with Warbeak after she is captured?
9. Why does Squire Julian Gingivere harbor resentment toward Captain Snow?
10. What are Cornflower's duties at Redwall and how do they increase after Matthias returns?
Essay Topic 1
Compare the author's description of life at Redwall Abbey with his description of Cluny and his horde. How does this set up the conflict between them? How are their views of the world different?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Cornflower saves the day with the lantern. Is this action typical of her character?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the final battle between Cluny and Matthias. What has foreshadowed this encounter? What finally happens to Cluny?
This section contains 1,274 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)