|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ferret that has been scouting with Cheesethief?
2. Where does Father Abbot Martimer intend to take the casualties of Cluny's attack?
3. At lunch, Cornflower gives Matthias _____.
4. After breakfast following the encounter with Cluny, Father Abbot Mortimer issues the _____.
5. Nobody was sure if Shadow was a rat or a _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened to Ambrose Spike when Matthias and his friends find him and what do Constance Badger's instincts tell her is happening?
2. What does Basil Stag Hare tell Matthias after the death of Brother Methuselah, and what effect does this have on him?
3. How do Matthias and Cluny react to Cornflower when Cluny enters Redwall?
4. What does Cheesethief think to himself when he overhears Cluny promising to promote the weasel Scragg over his rats?
5. What does Cluny wish for his horde to think like sometimes?
6. How does Basil Stag Hare propose that Matthias approach Captain Snow for help as a guide to finding Asmodeus?
7. How does Cluny treat the horde as he emerges from his tent?
8. What happens to Chickenhound after he and his mother have been stabbed?
9. How does Dunwing help Matthias escape from the sparrows?
10. What do Brothers Rufus and George include in their incident report?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the nature of the rats with the nature of the mice of Redwall. Which are more human in the way they deal with the world? What is the author trying to say about the nature of humans through his portrayal of the animals?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the way John Churchmouse records the events that occur a year after the battle with the rats. Who is doing what at Redwall? How has the life of Matthias progressed?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the final battle between Cluny and Matthias. What has foreshadowed this encounter? What finally happens to Cluny?
This section contains 1,260 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)