|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Matthias hits Ragear with a _____.
2. Cluny's reputation was that of some sort of _____ to most creatures who knew of him.
3. What word is used to describe Ragear's stalking of Matthias?
4. What does Constance Badger think of the rats' fiasco in the elm tree?
5. Matthias had better _____ that either Constance Badger or Brother Alf.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Father Abbot Mortimer's impression of Matthias at the beginning of the book, and what does he tell Matthias?
2. How does Ragear feel about being separated from Cluny?
3. What does Ambrose Spike do at the Jubilee?
4. How extensive are Cluny's injuries after he falls, and what do the mice and rats think of his chances of staying alive?
5. What happens to the Voles when Ambrose Spike shows up at the Vole Bank?
6. What does Ragear plan to do with Matthias once he catches him?
7. How does Sela manipulate Fangburn?
8. What is Cornflower's impression of the Abbey garden as she dozes against Matthias's shoulder?
9. What does Cheesethief think to himself when he overhears Cluny promising to promote the weasel Scragg over his rats?
10. How does Basil Stag Hare create a diversion so that Matthias can get into St. Ninian's?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the constant battle between the rats for the position of second-in-command. Who is involved? How do the different rats act when they are given the position? What happens to each of them?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the author's description of life at Redwall Abbey with his description of Cluny and his horde. How does this set up the conflict between them? How are their views of the world different?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Brother Methuselah discovers the riddle behind the tapestry. How does the riddle reveal the destiny of Matthias?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)