|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After breakfast following the encounter with Cluny, Father Abbot Mortimer issues the _____.
2. Whose whiskers had gotten singed by Matthias in the past?
3. What do Matthias and Brother Methuselah drink while working with the words behind the tapestry?
4. What direction of breeze does Brother Methuselah point out when he is talking to Father Abbott Mortimer about the state of the battle with the rats?
5. Frightened by the sound of a bird, Ragear rushes blindly into _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Basil Stag Hare called "Stag"?
2. What is Cornflower's impression of the Abbey garden as she dozes against Matthias's shoulder?
3. How extensive are Cluny's injuries after he falls, and what do the mice and rats think of his chances of staying alive?
4. What happens to the Voles when Ambrose Spike shows up at the Vole Bank?
5. What does Ragear plan to do with Matthias once he catches him?
6. What do the otters do at the Jubilee?
7. How do Matthias and Cluny react to Cornflower when Cluny enters Redwall?
8. How does Constance Badger prevent Cluny's horde from finding her as she pulls the cart full of mice?
9. What are Cornflower's duties at Redwall and how do they increase after Matthias returns?
10. What does Cluny want Shadow to do and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the nature of the rats with the nature of the mice of Redwall. Which are more human in the way they deal with the world? What is the author trying to say about the nature of humans through his portrayal of the animals?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the societies described in the book come together to save Redwall in the end. How has Matthias been an integral part of this diplomacy? What is the result int he aftermath of the battle regarding these societies?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the morality of Father Abbot Mortimer. Why doesn't he allow the mice to give chase after the rats retreat? How is this a central theme of the book?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)