|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cornflower give to Matthias as a token of her belief in him?
2. What is the name of Sela's son?
3. Matthias wears _____ that don't fit.
4. Brother Methuselah tells of a sparrowhawk he treated for a _____.
5. What is the name of the ferret that has been scouting with Cheesethief?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ambrose Spike do at the Jubilee?
2. How does Cluny feel about losing the element of surprise in attacking Redwall?
3. What does Cluny want Shadow to do and why?
4. Why does Constance Badger begin to trust the suggestions of Matthias?
5. How does Silent Sam act around Matthias when he finds him?
6. Why is Basil Stag Hare called "Stag"?
7. What does Cheesethief think to himself when he overhears Cluny promising to promote the weasel Scragg over his rats?
8. How does Constance Badger prevent Cluny's horde from finding her as she pulls the cart full of mice?
9. Why is Matthias filled with self-doubt when he is lost in Mossflower Wood and how does he handle this?
10. What does Matthias surmise as he reaches the edge of the woods on his way to St. Ninian's?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the final battle between Cluny and Matthias. What has foreshadowed this encounter? What finally happens to Cluny?
Essay Topic 2
List the articles of death and slavery that Cluny reads to the mice of Redwall. How does Father Abbot Mortimer react to them? What does Cluny say as he leaves Redwall?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the way John Churchmouse records the events that occur a year after the battle with the rats. Who is doing what at Redwall? How has the life of Matthias progressed?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)