|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Matthias tells Basil Stag Hare that he looks heroic, the hare thinks he does look a bit like _____.
2. Where does Constance Badger appear when she causes Cluny to fall?
3. What does Shadow use to help him get through the door to the Great Hall?
4. What does Ragear think Cluny will call him when he catches the mouse he is stalking?
5. What is the name of the ferret that has been scouting with Cheesethief?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sela manipulate Fangburn?
2. What do the otters do at the Jubilee?
3. How does Cluny taunt the Voles after he has captured the piece of tapestry with Martin the Warrior on it?
4. What has happened to Ambrose Spike when Matthias and his friends find him and what do Constance Badger's instincts tell her is happening?
5. How do Matthias and Cluny react to Cornflower when Cluny enters Redwall?
6. How does Constance Badger prevent Cluny's horde from finding her as she pulls the cart full of mice?
7. What does Ragear plan to do with Matthias once he catches him?
8. Why does Constance Badger begin to trust the suggestions of Matthias?
9. How are Father Abbot Mortimer and Matthias dressed and why?
10. What does Cheesethief think to himself when he overhears Cluny promising to promote the weasel Scragg over his rats?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the nature of the rats with the nature of the mice of Redwall. Which are more human in the way they deal with the world? What is the author trying to say about the nature of humans through his portrayal of the animals?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Jess Squirrel saves Redwall from the battering ram. How does this turn the tide of the battle?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the chaotic life of the sparrows. What is their place of residence like? How does King Bull Sparra's being in power contribute to this chaos?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)