|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emanates from Skullface after he falls from the horse?
2. Where does Father Abbot Martimer intend to take the casualties of Cluny's attack?
3. At lunch, Cornflower gives Matthias _____.
4. What direction of breeze does Brother Methuselah point out when he is talking to Father Abbott Mortimer about the state of the battle with the rats?
5. Cheesethief tells Scrag the dream of the _____ before he kills him.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Matthias filled with self-doubt when he is lost in Mossflower Wood and how does he handle this?
2. How are Father Abbot Mortimer and Matthias dressed and why?
3. What does Ragear plan to do with Matthias once he catches him?
4. What do Brothers Rufus and George include in their incident report?
5. How does Killconey describe Asmodeus to Cluny?
6. What do the otters do at the Jubilee?
7. What has happened to Ambrose Spike when Matthias and his friends find him and what do Constance Badger's instincts tell her is happening?
8. What are Cornflower's duties at Redwall and how do they increase after Matthias returns?
9. How extensive are Cluny's injuries after he falls, and what do the mice and rats think of his chances of staying alive?
10. How does Cluny taunt the Voles after he has captured the piece of tapestry with Martin the Warrior on it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Sela the vixen's role in the war between the rats and the mice. Who is she really in it for? What is her nature regarding the matters of conflict? What happens to her as a result of her actions?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the symbolism of the Sword of Martin. Why is Matthias so obsessed with it? What does it represent for Redwall?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how the relationship between Cornflower and Matthias develops. How do they relate to each other on a daily basis? In times of stress?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)