|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the moles' relatives was an authority on the item of the riddle that exists between the Great Hall and Cavern Hole?
2. What sort of animal is Scragg?
3. How does Matthias feel when Ragear is stalking him?
4. Redtooth orders the twelve rats who were guarding the escaped Vole family to be _____.
5. What creature notices Cluny and Shadow approaching Redwall at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Cornflower's duties at Redwall and how do they increase after Matthias returns?
2. When Basil Stag Hare introduces himself to Matthias, what credentials does he list?
3. What has happened to Ambrose Spike when Matthias and his friends find him and what do Constance Badger's instincts tell her is happening?
4. How does Silent Sam act around Matthias when he finds him?
5. What does Chickenhound do when he gets into Cavern Hole?
6. How does Constance Badger prevent Cluny's horde from finding her as she pulls the cart full of mice?
7. What do the otters do at the Jubilee?
8. What does Cluny wish for his horde to think like sometimes?
9. How does Cluny react when he is covered in hornet stings?
10. How does Brother Methuselah know that the rats are trying to attack Redwall via the elm tree?
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Redwall is finally infiltrated by the rats. Why does it take this kind of betrayal for the rats to gain the upper hand? What happens to Plumpen as a result of this betrayal? Why did he betray the mice in the first place?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the symbolism of the Sword of Martin. Why is Matthias so obsessed with it? What does it represent for Redwall?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the allegory of Martin the Warrior. What does he represent for the mice of Redwall? How does he inspire Matthias?
This section contains 1,231 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)