|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Basil Stag Hare say that Cluny has for having struck an enlisted creature?
(a) Good luck.
(b) Horrid breath.
(c) Blind ambition.
(d) Bad form.
2. What did Killconey call Scrag in order to extol his virtues after death?
(a) Officer material.
(b) A gambler.
(c) A Scallywag.
(d) Caring and shameless.
3. Like Basil Stag Hare, the shrews are masters of _____.
4. Matthias doesn't try the shield in the stone before the appointed hour because he wants to abide by the rules of the _____.
5. How are Sela and Chickenhound executed?
(a) With cutlasses.
(b) With spears.
(c) By hanging.
(d) By stoning.
Short Answer Questions
1. The adder's jaws are the only _____ in the wood.
2. What does Silent Sam show Basil Stag Hare when he finds him eating?
3. What does Captain Snow call all the shrews dancing around him?
4. What does Sela supposedly need that Cluny sends her into the woods to look for?
5. What does Cluny threaten Plumpen's family with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Father Abbot Mortimer tell Matthias as the old abbot is dying?
2. What happens to Chickenhound after he and his mother have been stabbed?
3. Why does the author state that Basil Stag Hare and Jess Squirrel are "thick as thieves"?
4. How does Cluny treat the horde as he emerges from his tent?
5. How does the sparrow tribe react to Queen Warbeak?
6. What does Basil Stag Hare tell Matthias after the death of Brother Methuselah, and what effect does this have on him?
7. What does Plumpen do when he gets into Redwall?
8. What is Father Abbot Mortimer's last address to Redwall about?
9. What does Squire Julian Gingivere remember about the Sword of Martin and what does he warn Matthias about?
10. What valuable lesson does Matthias learn about wearing a collar from his interaction with Warbeak?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)