|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sela supposedly need that Cluny sends her into the woods to look for?
(a) A vital herb.
(b) A healing mineral.
(c) A dark red berry.
(d) A special tree bark.
2. When Matthias calls Brother Methuselah an ancient wizard for tricking Warbeak, he replies that he thinks of himself as _____.
(a) A musician at heart.
(b) A mere mortal.
(c) A superb master of tongues.
(d) An aged, erudite scholar.
3. What does Warbeak call Cluny?
4. What does the sparrowhawk that Brother Methuselah treated call sparrows?
(a) Flying mice.
(b) Low-flying complainers.
(d) Flying rats.
5. What does Constance Badger devise to kill Cluny in his tent?
(a) A mace.
(b) A pike.
(c) A crossbow.
(d) A fireball.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Warbeak call Joseph Bell?
2. Father Abbot Mortimer describes Redwall as ____when he addresses the captains wiht a morale-boosting speech.
3. What is happening in Cavern Hole by invitation of Matthias and Brother Methuselah?
4. What does Cluny think is holding the tunnel progress back?
5. Who saves a cornered band of shrews from the ferrets?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Silent Sam deal with his boredom waiting for battle?
2. How does Constance Badger deal with Warbeak after she is captured?
3. What does Cluny threaten to do if he doesn't like the progress of the tunnel being dug leading to Redwall?
4. How does Cluny treat the horde as he emerges from his tent?
5. How does Basil Stag Hare act when he comes back from his encounter with Cluny injured?
6. How does Cluny react when he is covered in hornet stings?
7. Why does Asmodeus like the idea of eating Redtooth?
8. What does Plumpen do when he gets into Redwall?
9. How does Matthias explain why he is in the part of Mossflower run by the shrews, and how do they react to his presence?
10. How does Matthias's imagination play tricks on him when he is lying in wait for Asmodeus, and how does he deal with this?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)