|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the bloom of the late rose as Father Abbot Mrotimer lays on his deathbed?
(a) Blood red.
(c) Bright fuschia.
(d) Salmon pink.
2. Who tries to seize Matthias only to be struck down by the Sword of Martin?
3. What does Warbeak call Joseph Bell?
4. What does Basil Stag Hare say that Cluny has for having struck an enlisted creature?
(a) Blind ambition.
(b) Horrid breath.
(c) Bad form.
(d) Good luck.
5. Where does Friar Hugo hide when the battle between Matthias and Cluny reaches the bell tower?
(a) Under the stairs.
(b) On top of the bell.
(c) In a dusty corner.
(d) In a trunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Plumped use to grease the lock of the Redwall door?
2. What does the moonlight focus upon when Matthias puts the shield into the niche in the stone?
3. What does Jess Squirrel use as a sunshade in the June heat?
4. What does Cornflower carry over to Father Abbot Mortimer when they find Matthias barely alive?
5. What does Captain Snow inadvertently call his nest when he invites Matthias to stay with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Matthias feel after he helps Squire Julian Gingivere and captain Snow regain their friendship?
2. How does Cluny treat the horde as he emerges from his tent?
3. Why does Squire Julian Gingivere harbor resentment toward Captain Snow?
4. Who is Greytail, and how did he die?
5. What is Father Abbot Mortimer's last address to Redwall about?
6. How does Matthias explain why he is in the part of Mossflower run by the shrews, and how do they react to his presence?
7. What is the light effect that occurs when Matthias and Warbeak eat lunch together?
8. What valuable lesson does Matthias learn about wearing a collar from his interaction with Warbeak?
9. What does Squire Julian Gingivere remember about the Sword of Martin and what does he warn Matthias about?
10. How does Matthias's imagination play tricks on him when he is lying in wait for Asmodeus, and how does he deal with this?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)