|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the sparrows call Asmodeus?
2. How does Cluny seem when he emerges from the tent after his defeat with the battering ram and tunnels?
(a) Much more demanding.
(b) Stark raving mad.
(c) Sharper than before.
3. What do the sniggering rats call the leaders of Redwall when they capture them?
(b) The Lostmice.
(c) The Doomed.
(d) The Ringleaders.
4. What does Father Abbot Mortimer find lodged in Matthias's shoulder?
(a) A giant thorn.
(c) A beak.
(d) A pebble.
5. What does Cluny threaten Plumpen's family with?
(a) Drowning in the pond.
(c) A fire in a ditch.
(d) His tail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the bloom of the late rose as Father Abbot Mrotimer lays on his deathbed?
2. Chickenhound considers Redwall to be his _____.
3. What does Captain Snow say that Asmodeus has in his eye?
4. What sort of material does the squirrel who helps the mice look for the Sword of Martin prefer to climb?
5. What does the moonlight focus upon when Matthias puts the shield into the niche in the stone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Asmodeus like the idea of eating Redtooth?
2. How does Matthias's imagination play tricks on him when he is lying in wait for Asmodeus, and how does he deal with this?
3. What does Matthias say to Warbeak when she threatens to have her king kill him?
4. How does Constance Badger deal with Warbeak after she is captured?
5. What does Chickenhound do when he gets into Cavern Hole?
6. How does Matthias feel after he helps Squire Julian Gingivere and captain Snow regain their friendship?
7. How does Cluny react when he is covered in hornet stings?
8. What is Father Abbot Mortimer's last address to Redwall about?
9. Why does the author state that Basil Stag Hare and Jess Squirrel are "thick as thieves"?
10. What valuable lesson does Matthias learn about wearing a collar from his interaction with Warbeak?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)