|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Like Basil Stag Hare, the shrews are masters of _____.
2. What does Fangburn call Redtooth's cutlass?
(a) A baby toy.
(b) A junk-rusted spike.
(c) A scabby scabbard hater.
(d) A blunt old breadknife.
3. What has the cat given up as a food staple?
(c) Red meat.
(d) Pond fish.
4. What do the mice use to move the rats away fro the battering ram so they can implement their plan?
(a) Hot coals.
(d) Railroad nails.
5. Why does Cluny send the weasel to be locked up without food and water for three days?
(a) Because he drops a shovel.
(b) Because he spits on the ground.
(c) Because he smiles.
(d) Because he makes bad coffee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jess Squirrel call Cluny?
2. To what are the rats of Cluny's horde unaccustomed which disgusts him as he watches their activities?
3. What is happening in Cavern Hole by invitation of Matthias and Brother Methuselah?
4. What is the name of the squirrel who helps immensely when the mice are looking for the Sword of Martin?
5. What does Cornflower carry over to Father Abbot Mortimer when they find Matthias barely alive?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Basil Stag Hare propose that Matthias approach Captain Snow for help as a guide to finding Asmodeus?
2. How does Basil Stag Hare act when he comes back from his encounter with Cluny injured?
3. Why does the author state that Basil Stag Hare and Jess Squirrel are "thick as thieves"?
4. What happens to Chickenhound after he and his mother have been stabbed?
5. What does Squire Julian Gingivere remember about the Sword of Martin and what does he warn Matthias about?
6. How does Matthias explain why he is in the part of Mossflower run by the shrews, and how do they react to his presence?
7. How does Constance Badger deal with Warbeak after she is captured?
8. How does Dunwing help Matthias escape from the sparrows?
9. What does Cluny wish for his horde to think like sometimes?
10. What does Chickenhound do when he gets into Cavern Hole?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)