|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cheesethief say the battering ram is like after the mice attack it?
(a) A hot poker.
(b) A pile of barnacles.
(c) A wet eel.
(d) A splintered mess.
2. What did Killconey call Scrag in order to extol his virtues after death?
(a) A gambler.
(b) Caring and shameless.
(c) A Scallywag.
(d) Officer material.
3. What does Squire Julian Gingivere mention as he talks to the shrews for the first time after the truce?
(a) His tail.
(b) The weather.
(c) Matthias's love life.
(d) The battle.
4. Who saves a cornered band of shrews from the ferrets?
(a) Constance Badger.
5. Basil Stag Hare tells the the mice to go get a bite to eat or he will turn their whiskers into _____.
(b) Woven baskets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Chickenhound want to call himself for all his self-proclaimed criminal "greatness"?
2. What is Warbeak's status when she meets Matthias gain?
3. What do sparrows call creatures they feel are beneath them?
4. What does Plumped use to grease the lock of the Redwall door?
5. What does Silent Sam continually do that is part of the reason he doesn't speak much?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Greytail, and how did he die?
2. What does Chickenhound do when he gets into Cavern Hole?
3. How does Silent Sam deal with his boredom waiting for battle?
4. Why does Squire Julian Gingivere harbor resentment toward Captain Snow?
5. How does Matthias explain why he is in the part of Mossflower run by the shrews, and how do they react to his presence?
6. What happens to Chickenhound after he and his mother have been stabbed?
7. How does Constance Badger deal with Warbeak after she is captured?
8. Why does the author state that Basil Stag Hare and Jess Squirrel are "thick as thieves"?
9. What does Basil Stag Hare tell Matthias after the death of Brother Methuselah, and what effect does this have on him?
10. What is the light effect that occurs when Matthias and Warbeak eat lunch together?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)