|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Like Basil Stag Hare, the shrews are masters of _____.
2. What does Redtooth hit when he is thrown by Constance Badger?
(a) The fence around St. Ninian's.
(b) A sycamore tree.
(c) The abbey wall.
(d) A pile of stones.
3. What do the mice use to move the rats away fro the battering ram so they can implement their plan?
(a) Railroad nails.
(b) Hot coals.
4. What does Cornflower carry over to Father Abbot Mortimer when they find Matthias barely alive?
(a) A stretcher.
(b) A lantern.
(c) Some soup.
(d) A bandage.
5. What does Silent Sam carry in his teeth to go save his mother?
(a) A small dagger.
(b) A knitting needle.
(c) A spike.
(d) An ice pick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Plumped use to grease the lock of the Redwall door?
2. When Matthias pushes Warbeak off the ledge, what saves the bird from strangulation?
3. Matthias doesn't try the shield in the stone before the appointed hour because he wants to abide by the rules of the _____.
4. The adder's jaws are the only _____ in the wood.
5. Why does Cluny send the weasel to be locked up without food and water for three days?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cluny treat the horde as he emerges from his tent?
2. What is the light effect that occurs when Matthias and Warbeak eat lunch together?
3. How does Matthias's imagination play tricks on him when he is lying in wait for Asmodeus, and how does he deal with this?
4. How does Silent Sam deal with his boredom waiting for battle?
5. How does Matthias explain why he is in the part of Mossflower run by the shrews, and how do they react to his presence?
6. Why does Squire Julian Gingivere harbor resentment toward Captain Snow?
7. What does Plumpen do when he gets into Redwall?
8. How does Cluny react when he is covered in hornet stings?
9. What happens to Chickenhound after he and his mother have been stabbed?
10. How does the sparrow tribe react to Queen Warbeak?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)