|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jess Squirrel use as a sunshade in the June heat?
(a) An inverted bluebell.
(b) A leaf.
(c) A mushroom cap.
(d) Her tail.
2. How does Jess Squirrel leap as she steals the tapestry back from Cluny's standard?
(a) Like a grasshopper.
(b) Like a frog.
(c) Like a salmon.
(d) Like a deer.
3. What does Warbeak swear by to convince Matthias that she will fulfill her promise?
(a) Her beak.
(b) Her father's grave.
(c) Her mother's egg.
(d) Her king's honor.
4. What does Jess Squirrel call Cluny?
5. What does Squire Julian Gingivere mention as he talks to the shrews for the first time after the truce?
(a) The battle.
(b) Matthias's love life.
(c) The weather.
(d) His tail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cluny stand on in the churchyard to observe the work of his horde?
2. Where does Matthias find the sword belt in King Bull Sparra's chambers?
3. How are Sela and Chickenhound executed?
4. What is the name of the squirrel who helps immensely when the mice are looking for the Sword of Martin?
5. What does Constance Badger devise to kill Cluny in his tent?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author state that Basil Stag Hare and Jess Squirrel are "thick as thieves"?
2. What does Squire Julian Gingivere remember about the Sword of Martin and what does he warn Matthias about?
3. What is the light effect that occurs when Matthias and Warbeak eat lunch together?
4. What does Matthias say to Warbeak when she threatens to have her king kill him?
5. How does Dunwing help Matthias escape from the sparrows?
6. How does Silent Sam deal with his boredom waiting for battle?
7. How does Basil Stag Hare show his admiration for Constance Badger after she returns from fighting Redtooth and Fangburn?
8. What does Cluny wish for his horde to think like sometimes?
9. How does Matthias's imagination play tricks on him when he is lying in wait for Asmodeus, and how does he deal with this?
10. What valuable lesson does Matthias learn about wearing a collar from his interaction with Warbeak?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)