|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brother Methuselah call Matthias when the novice awakens him and calls him "old one"?
(a) A whipperwill.
(b) A young scallywag.
(c) A young whippersnapper.
(d) A troublemaker.
2. What does Cluny stand on in the churchyard to observe the work of his horde?
(a) A boulder.
(b) A ladder.
(c) A tombstone.
(d) The steps.
3. What does the moonlight focus upon when Matthias puts the shield into the niche in the stone?
(a) The weather vane.
(b) The elm tree.
(c) Joseph Bell.
(d) The stained-glass window.
4. Basil Stag Hare calls Constance Badger a _____ when she returns from fighting Redtooth and Fangburn.
5. What is Warbeak's status when she meets Matthias gain?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the mice use to move the rats away fro the battering ram so they can implement their plan?
2. What does Cheesethief say the battering ram is like after the mice attack it?
3. What do the sniggering rats call the leaders of Redwall when they capture them?
4. What does Warbeak swear by to convince Matthias that she will fulfill her promise?
5. What does Dunwing call her daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Father Abbot Mortimer tell Matthias as the old abbot is dying?
2. What does Basil Stag Hare tell Matthias after the death of Brother Methuselah, and what effect does this have on him?
3. How does the sparrow tribe react to Queen Warbeak?
4. How does Basil Stag Hare act when he comes back from his encounter with Cluny injured?
5. What is Father Abbot Mortimer's last address to Redwall about?
6. How does Matthias feel after he helps Squire Julian Gingivere and captain Snow regain their friendship?
7. How does Matthias explain why he is in the part of Mossflower run by the shrews, and how do they react to his presence?
8. What does Matthias say to Warbeak when she threatens to have her king kill him?
9. How does Cluny react when he is covered in hornet stings?
10. How does Matthias's imagination play tricks on him when he is lying in wait for Asmodeus, and how does he deal with this?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)