|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jess Squirrel use as a sunshade in the June heat?
(a) An inverted bluebell.
(b) Her tail.
(c) A leaf.
(d) A mushroom cap.
2. Who was Cluny's natural choice for first officer after the death of Redtooth?
3. Chickenhound considers Redwall to be his _____.
(b) Dumping ground.
4. What has the cat given up as a food staple?
(b) Red meat.
(c) Pond fish.
5. What do the sniggering rats call the leaders of Redwall when they capture them?
(a) The Lostmice.
(b) The Ringleaders.
(d) The Doomed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Friar Hugo hide when the battle between Matthias and Cluny reaches the bell tower?
2. The cat's voice is cultured, though it was a _____.
3. Where does Matthias find the sword belt in King Bull Sparra's chambers?
4. What are the rats threatening to use to attack Redwall with?
5. What does Cheesethief do with Cluny's tail barb when he is in his tent?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Squire Julian Gingivere remember about the Sword of Martin and what does he warn Matthias about?
2. How does the sparrow tribe react to Queen Warbeak?
3. What valuable lesson does Matthias learn about wearing a collar from his interaction with Warbeak?
4. How does Matthias explain why he is in the part of Mossflower run by the shrews, and how do they react to his presence?
5. How does Cluny treat the horde as he emerges from his tent?
6. What does Basil Stag Hare tell Matthias after the death of Brother Methuselah, and what effect does this have on him?
7. What does Father Abbot Mortimer tell Matthias as the old abbot is dying?
8. Why does the author state that Basil Stag Hare and Jess Squirrel are "thick as thieves"?
9. How does Cluny react when he is covered in hornet stings?
10. How does Constance Badger deal with Warbeak after she is captured?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)