|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jess Squirrel call Cluny?
2. Matthias tells Father Abbot Mortimer that it is not only their job to defend Redwall, but it has become their job to _____.
3. What do sparrows call creatures they feel are beneath them?
4. What has the cat given up as a food staple?
(a) Red meat.
(b) Pond fish.
5. Why does Cluny send the weasel to be locked up without food and water for three days?
(a) Because he makes bad coffee.
(b) Because he drops a shovel.
(c) Because he spits on the ground.
(d) Because he smiles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Father Abbot Mortimer find lodged in Matthias's shoulder?
2. To what are the rats of Cluny's horde unaccustomed which disgusts him as he watches their activities?
3. What does Cluny threaten Plumpen's family with?
4. What does Cornflower carry over to Father Abbot Mortimer when they find Matthias barely alive?
5. What does Silent Sam show Basil Stag Hare when he finds him eating?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author state that Basil Stag Hare and Jess Squirrel are "thick as thieves"?
2. How does Constance Badger deal with Warbeak after she is captured?
3. What happens to Chickenhound after he and his mother have been stabbed?
4. How does the sparrow tribe react to Queen Warbeak?
5. How does Matthias feel after he helps Squire Julian Gingivere and captain Snow regain their friendship?
6. Why does Squire Julian Gingivere harbor resentment toward Captain Snow?
7. Who is Greytail, and how did he die?
8. What does Squire Julian Gingivere remember about the Sword of Martin and what does he warn Matthias about?
9. How does Basil Stag Hare propose that Matthias approach Captain Snow for help as a guide to finding Asmodeus?
10. What does Cluny wish for his horde to think like sometimes?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)