|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapon does Matthias draw as he fights his own fears in Mossflower Wood?
(a) Shadow's dagger.
(b) Cluny's cutlass.
(c) Basil Stag Hare's pike.
(d) The Sword of Martin.
2. What does Constance Badger think of the rats' fiasco in the elm tree?
(a) That it is a diversion.
(b) That the mice have won the war.
(c) That the rats have won the battle.
(d) That Matthias was part of the plot.
3. What does Shadow use to help him get through the door to the Great Hall?
(a) A long skinny knife blade.
(b) A vial of oil.
(c) A porcupine quill.
(d) A bobby pin.
4. Matthias hits Ragear with a _____.
(a) Sword handle.
(b) Larch branch.
5. What does Basil Stag Hare call Matthias when he is reluctant to involve the hare in the fight with the rats?
(a) A whiner.
(b) A hero.
(c) A dolt.
(d) A curmudgeon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cluny knew the value of _____ as a weapon.
2. Who does the rope belong to that binds Ragear to the tree?
3. Brother Methuselah orders Matthias to brush dust off the words on the wall while he _____.
4. What lies beneath the Great Hall of Redwall?
5. The rats have trouble catching Basil Stag Hare and say that he is as slippery as a _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Squire Julian Gingivere harbor resentment toward Captain Snow?
2. How does Brother Methuselah know that the rats are trying to attack Redwall via the elm tree?
3. How do the rat survivors of the botched elm tree attack treat their fallen comrades?
4. How do Matthias and Cluny react to Cornflower when Cluny enters Redwall?
5. What happens to the Voles when Ambrose Spike shows up at the Vole Bank?
6. What does Cheesethief think to himself when he overhears Cluny promising to promote the weasel Scragg over his rats?
7. What does Chickenhound do when he gets into Cavern Hole?
8. Why does the author state that Basil Stag Hare and Jess Squirrel are "thick as thieves"?
9. How does Matthias feel after he helps Squire Julian Gingivere and captain Snow regain their friendship?
10. How does Basil Stag Hare show his admiration for Constance Badger after she returns from fighting Redtooth and Fangburn?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)