|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After escaping the rats at St. Ninian's, what does Matthias eat on the way to Redwall?
2. How does the author describe the manner of Basil Stag Hare?
(a) As outmoded.
(b) As ostentatious.
(c) As obsequious.
(d) As greedy.
3. Matthias had better _____ that either Constance Badger or Brother Alf.
(a) Smelling ability.
(b) Nocturnal vision.
4. What does Colin Vole accuse Basil Stag Hare of making while his family was in peril?
(c) Carrot salad.
(d) Mint tea.
5. What sort of snake is Asmodeus?
(a) An anaconda.
(b) An adder.
(c) A copperhead.
(d) An asp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ragear think Cluny will call him when he catches the mouse he is stalking?
2. Cluny often wielded his great tail as a _____.
3. How does Matthias feel when Ragear is stalking him?
4. Brother Methuselah orders Matthias to brush dust off the words on the wall while he _____.
5. What does Constance Badger think of the rats' fiasco in the elm tree?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Cornflower's impression of the Abbey garden as she dozes against Matthias's shoulder?
2. What are Cornflower's duties at Redwall and how do they increase after Matthias returns?
3. How does Cluny taunt the Voles after he has captured the piece of tapestry with Martin the Warrior on it?
4. What is Father Abbot Mortimer's impression of Matthias at the beginning of the book, and what does he tell Matthias?
5. How does Sela manipulate Fangburn?
6. How are Father Abbot Mortimer and Matthias dressed and why?
7. How does Cluny feel about losing the element of surprise in attacking Redwall?
8. What has happened to Ambrose Spike when Matthias and his friends find him and what do Constance Badger's instincts tell her is happening?
9. Why does Constance Badger begin to trust the suggestions of Matthias?
10. How does Constance Badger prevent Cluny's horde from finding her as she pulls the cart full of mice?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)