|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ambrose Spike is a _____.
2. Cluny orders a _____ healer to be called for to tend his wounds.
3. How does Brother Methuselah describe the eyes of the sparrowhawk he treated?
(a) As savage golden eyes.
(b) As piercing green eyes.
(c) As darting brown eyes.
(d) As pools of black ice.
4. Methuselah was know for having the gift of _____.
(b) The pen.
5. When Matthias tells Basil Stag Hare that he looks heroic, the hare thinks he does look a bit like _____.
(a) The Earl of Mosswood.
(b) The King of the Castle.
(c) The Regent of the Meadows.
(d) The Monarch of the Glen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is fixed upon the top of Cluny's personal standard?
2. Where did most of Cluny's army sleep in St. Ninian's?
3. What is the title of the mole who leads the tunneling?
4. What was between the Great Hall and Cavern Hole that was mentioned in the riddle?
5. Father Abbot Mortimer believes in tempering triumph with _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cluny want Shadow to do and why?
2. What does Cluny threaten to do if he doesn't like the progress of the tunnel being dug leading to Redwall?
3. Why does the author state that Basil Stag Hare and Jess Squirrel are "thick as thieves"?
4. What does Cheesethief think to himself when he overhears Cluny promising to promote the weasel Scragg over his rats?
5. How does Silent Sam act around Matthias when he finds him?
6. How does Brother Methuselah know that the rats are trying to attack Redwall via the elm tree?
7. How does Cluny taunt the Voles after he has captured the piece of tapestry with Martin the Warrior on it?
8. How does Matthias explain why he is in the part of Mossflower run by the shrews, and how do they react to his presence?
9. What has happened to Ambrose Spike when Matthias and his friends find him and what do Constance Badger's instincts tell her is happening?
10. How does Silent Sam deal with his boredom waiting for battle?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)