|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Matthias calls Silent Sam a splendid _____.
2. What are the rats carrying up the old elm tree?
(a) A giant sword.
(b) A bucket of oil.
(c) A slingshot.
(d) A plank.
3. How does Brother Methuselah describe Matthias's face when he sees him?
(a) As a closed door.
(b) As bright with hope.
(c) As taught with fear.
(d) As an open book.
4. When Matthias wakes up from having fallen asleep after his encounter with the rats at St. Ninian's, he is filled with _____.
(d) Consternation at Basil Stag Hare.
5. What does Constance Badger think of the rats' fiasco in the elm tree?
(a) That it is a diversion.
(b) That Matthias was part of the plot.
(c) That the rats have won the battle.
(d) That the mice have won the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe the color of Basil Stag Hare's coat?
2. What is chronicled in the Redwall tapestry?
3. What does Colin Vole accuse Basil Stag Hare of making while his family was in peril?
4. What is Matthias out gathering when he runs into Father Abbot Mortimer?
5. Father Abbot Mortimer and Constance Badger are chiefly concerned about _____ at the beginning of Chapter 9 in Book 1.
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the rat survivors of the botched elm tree attack treat their fallen comrades?
2. When Basil Stag Hare introduces himself to Matthias, what credentials does he list?
3. What do Brothers Rufus and George include in their incident report?
4. What is Father Abbot Mortimer's impression of Matthias at the beginning of the book, and what does he tell Matthias?
5. What does Ambrose Spike do at the Jubilee?
6. What are Cornflower's duties at Redwall and how do they increase after Matthias returns?
7. How does Brother Methuselah know that the rats are trying to attack Redwall via the elm tree?
8. What does Ragear plan to do with Matthias once he catches him?
9. How does Ragear feel about being separated from Cluny?
10. How and when are the rats going to launch a second attack on Redwall, and how does Sela know this?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)