|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who confronts Matthias in Mossflower Wood?
(a) A ferret family.
(b) A baby red squirrel.
2. What are the walls of the Abbey made of?
(a) Red sandstone.
(b) Red obsidian.
(c) Red quartz.
(d) Red limestone.
3. What particular attribute does Basil Stag Hare say is unseemly about the rats to their faces?
(a) Their manner of speaking.
(b) Their smell.
(c) Their eating habits.
(d) Their dress.
4. What normally bloomed in the Abbey garden that Conrflower noticed was missing?
(b) Full red roses.
(d) Giant bluebells.
5. Who hears that Cluny is putting ladders up against the wall to attack Redwall?
(a) Brother Rufus.
(c) Winifred the otter.
(d) Constance Badger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cheesethief tells Scrag the dream of the _____ before he kills him.
2. Cornflower's father shares a _____ with Mr. Churchmouse on the way home.
3. Old Wormtail lost _____ in the cart accident.
4. Matthias takes refuge in Mossflower Wood in _____.
5. Whose whiskers had gotten singed by Matthias in the past?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ragear plan to do with Matthias once he catches him?
2. What does Ambrose Spike do at the Jubilee?
3. How does Silent Sam act around Matthias when he finds him?
4. When Basil Stag Hare introduces himself to Matthias, what credentials does he list?
5. How do the rat survivors of the botched elm tree attack treat their fallen comrades?
6. What does Friar Hugo say that he is going to do with the grayling?
7. How does Brother Methuselah know that the rats are trying to attack Redwall via the elm tree?
8. What does Matthias surmise as he reaches the edge of the woods on his way to St. Ninian's?
9. What do Brothers Rufus and George include in their incident report?
10. How extensive are Cluny's injuries after he falls, and what do the mice and rats think of his chances of staying alive?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)