|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Basil Stag Hare call Matthias when he is reluctant to involve the hare in the fight with the rats?
(a) A hero.
(b) A dolt.
(c) A curmudgeon.
(d) A whiner.
2. What sort of animal is Scragg?
(a) A weasel.
(b) A ferret.
(c) A hedgehog.
(d) A snake.
3. Ambrose Spike is a _____.
4. What is the name of Sela's son?
5. Whose whiskers had gotten singed by Matthias in the past?
(a) Brother Methuselah.
(b) Father Abbott Mortimer.
(c) Constance Badger.
(d) Martin the Warrior.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cluny calls the tapestry with Martin the Warrior on it a _____ to the mice.
2. Who does Mangfur blame for the quality of food that they bring to Cluny?
3. The rats have trouble catching Basil Stag Hare and say that he is as slippery as a _____.
4. What do Matthias and Brother Methuselah drink while working with the words behind the tapestry?
5. How does Brother Methuselah describe Matthias's face when he sees him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened to Ambrose Spike when Matthias and his friends find him and what do Constance Badger's instincts tell her is happening?
2. What does Matthias surmise as he reaches the edge of the woods on his way to St. Ninian's?
3. How do Matthias and Cluny react to Cornflower when Cluny enters Redwall?
4. What is Cornflower's impression of the Abbey garden as she dozes against Matthias's shoulder?
5. How do the rat survivors of the botched elm tree attack treat their fallen comrades?
6. How does Killconey describe Asmodeus to Cluny?
7. What is Father Abbot Mortimer's impression of Matthias at the beginning of the book, and what does he tell Matthias?
8. How does Cluny feel about losing the element of surprise in attacking Redwall?
9. How does Ragear feel about being separated from Cluny?
10. How and when are the rats going to launch a second attack on Redwall, and how does Sela know this?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)