|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Redtooth orders the twelve rats who were guarding the escaped Vole family to be _____.
(b) Set loose.
2. Cluny calls his hordes a cringing load of _____ when he yells for Redtooth and Darkclaw after the cart accident.
3. Ambrose Spike is a _____.
4. When Matthias tells Basil Stag Hare that he looks heroic, the hare thinks he does look a bit like _____.
(a) The Earl of Mosswood.
(b) The Regent of the Meadows.
(c) The King of the Castle.
(d) The Monarch of the Glen.
5. What is Constance carrying as she patrols the wall while under attack by the rats?
(a) A pike.
(b) A slingshot.
(c) A cudgel.
(d) A crossbow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Matthias feels that he has _____ overnight.
2. What are the rats carrying up the old elm tree?
3. At lunch, Cornflower gives Matthias _____.
4. Brother Methuselah orders Matthias to brush dust off the words on the wall while he _____.
5. Where does Constance Badger appear when she causes Cluny to fall?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Basil Stag Hare introduces himself to Matthias, what credentials does he list?
2. How extensive are Cluny's injuries after he falls, and what do the mice and rats think of his chances of staying alive?
3. How do the rat survivors of the botched elm tree attack treat their fallen comrades?
4. What is Father Abbot Mortimer's impression of Matthias at the beginning of the book, and what does he tell Matthias?
5. How does Silent Sam act around Matthias when he finds him?
6. What does Ragear plan to do with Matthias once he catches him?
7. How does Cluny treat his horse?
8. How does Basil Stag Hare create a diversion so that Matthias can get into St. Ninian's?
9. Why does Constance Badger begin to trust the suggestions of Matthias?
10. How and when are the rats going to launch a second attack on Redwall, and how does Sela know this?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)