|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Martin the Warrior slay in the battle where he was wounded?
(a) A fox.
(b) A wildcat.
(c) A sea rat.
(d) A badger.
2. Cluny knew the value of _____ as a weapon.
(a) Loud noise.
3. Matthias feels that he has _____ overnight.
(a) Become Martin the Warrior.
(b) Grown up.
(c) Become a failure.
(d) Lost his drive.
4. What does Cluny call Constance Badger when he talks to Redtooth about her?
(a) A tattle-tale.
(b) A country bumpkin.
(c) A piece of work.
(d) A half-scourge.
5. What emanates from Skullface after he falls from the horse?
(a) A red mist of death.
(b) A cloud of dust.
(c) A blue beam of light.
(d) A cloud of black smoke.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe the color of Basil Stag Hare's coat?
2. Who did the grandfather of Constance Badger know that she mentions when she and Matthias return to the Abbey?
3. How does Matthias feel when Ragear is stalking him?
4. Matthias hits Ragear with a _____.
5. What was between the Great Hall and Cavern Hole that was mentioned in the riddle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the otters do at the Jubilee?
2. How does Silent Sam act around Matthias when he finds him?
3. Why is Matthias filled with self-doubt when he is lost in Mossflower Wood and how does he handle this?
4. When Basil Stag Hare introduces himself to Matthias, what credentials does he list?
5. What are Cornflower's duties at Redwall and how do they increase after Matthias returns?
6. How does Cluny taunt the Voles after he has captured the piece of tapestry with Martin the Warrior on it?
7. What is Cornflower's impression of the Abbey garden as she dozes against Matthias's shoulder?
8. What does Cluny want Shadow to do and why?
9. How does Brother Methuselah know that the rats are trying to attack Redwall via the elm tree?
10. How does Ragear feel about being separated from Cluny?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)