|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Matthias wears _____ that don't fit.
2. What does Cluny say he is going to rename Redwall when he takes over?
(b) Anger Abbey.
(c) Scourge City.
(d) Cluny Castle.
3. What does Cornflower give to Matthias as a token of her belief in him?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A medal.
(c) A ring.
(d) A headband.
4. Who did the grandfather of Constance Badger know that she mentions when she and Matthias return to the Abbey?
(a) A churchmouse.
(b) A sparrowhawk.
(c) A black fox.
(d) A sea rat.
5. Cluny orders a _____ healer to be called for to tend his wounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ambrose Spike is a _____.
2. Matthias hits Ragear with a _____.
3. What word is used to describe Ragear's stalking of Matthias?
4. Who hears that Cluny is putting ladders up against the wall to attack Redwall?
5. Cluny often wielded his great tail as a _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Father Abbot Mortimer's impression of Matthias at the beginning of the book, and what does he tell Matthias?
2. How does Brother Methuselah know that the rats are trying to attack Redwall via the elm tree?
3. What does Ragear plan to do with Matthias once he catches him?
4. How does Cluny feel about losing the element of surprise in attacking Redwall?
5. What does Matthias surmise as he reaches the edge of the woods on his way to St. Ninian's?
6. Why is Basil Stag Hare called "Stag"?
7. How do the rat survivors of the botched elm tree attack treat their fallen comrades?
8. How does Silent Sam act around Matthias when he finds him?
9. How do Matthias and Cluny react to Cornflower when Cluny enters Redwall?
10. Why is Matthias filled with self-doubt when he is lost in Mossflower Wood and how does he handle this?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)