|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cluny send the weasel to be locked up without food and water for three days?
(a) Because he spits on the ground.
(b) Because he smiles.
(c) Because he drops a shovel.
(d) Because he makes bad coffee.
2. What does the squirrel who helps the mice look for the Sword of Martin latch her tail around when she tells them she has made headway?
(a) A handle.
(b) A branch.
(c) A hook.
(d) A gargoyle.
3. How are Sela and Chickenhound executed?
(a) By hanging.
(b) With cutlasses.
(c) With spears.
(d) By stoning.
4. What are the rats threatening to use to attack Redwall with?
(a) Pin tar arrows.
(b) A battering ram.
(c) A rock cannon.
(d) A giant slingshot.
5. What does Scumnose tell Cluny he is keeping nice and fresh in a ditch?
6. What does Warbeak call Joseph Bell?
7. What does Matthias toss away with satisfaction at his victory celebration with the shrews?
(a) A fish bone.
(b) A roll.
(c) A truffle.
(d) A hazelnut.
8. What does Sela supposedly need that Cluny sends her into the woods to look for?
(a) A healing mineral.
(b) A vital herb.
(c) A dark red berry.
(d) A special tree bark.
9. What does Jess Squirrel call Cluny?
10. Who tries to seize Matthias only to be struck down by the Sword of Martin?
11. What does Silent Sam continually do that is part of the reason he doesn't speak much?
(a) Ponders his parents.
(c) Rolls his eyes.
(d) Sucks his paw.
12. What does Jess Squirrel use as a decoy when she steals back the tapestry?
(a) Cornflower's headband.
(b) A folded leaf.
(c) A painted dishcloth.
(d) An embroidered hand towel.
13. Chickenhound considers Redwall to be his _____.
(b) Dumping ground.
14. What does Cluny stand on in the churchyard to observe the work of his horde?
(a) A boulder.
(b) A tombstone.
(c) The steps.
(d) A ladder.
15. What does the moonlight focus upon when Matthias puts the shield into the niche in the stone?
(a) The weather vane.
(b) The stained-glass window.
(c) Joseph Bell.
(d) The elm tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Matthias being held captive by the sparrows?
2. To what are the rats of Cluny's horde unaccustomed which disgusts him as he watches their activities?
3. What does Captain Snow call all the shrews dancing around him?
4. The cat that Matthias encounters is a _____.
5. Where is Captain Snow living, according to the cat?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)