|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cluny seem when he emerges from the tent after his defeat with the battering ram and tunnels?
(a) Stark raving mad.
(c) Sharper than before.
(d) Much more demanding.
2. When Matthias calls Brother Methuselah an ancient wizard for tricking Warbeak, he replies that he thinks of himself as _____.
(a) An aged, erudite scholar.
(b) A mere mortal.
(c) A musician at heart.
(d) A superb master of tongues.
3. What does Squire Julian Gingivere call the views of Captain Snow?
(a) Raging proletariat.
(b) Apolitical nonsensical.
(c) Hide-bound militaristic.
(d) Nobless oblige.
4. What does Father Abbot Mortimer find lodged in Matthias's shoulder?
(a) A giant thorn.
(b) A pebble.
(c) A beak.
5. What did the Redwall food seem to turn into in Plumpen's mouth as a result of his mission there?
6. What does Fangburn call Redtooth's cutlass?
(a) A baby toy.
(b) A blunt old breadknife.
(c) A scabby scabbard hater.
(d) A junk-rusted spike.
7. Captain Snow tells Matthias that he is deader than _____ if he seeks out Asmodeus.
(b) A shoe in a pond.
(c) A doornail.
(d) An icicle in hell.
8. Where is Matthias being held captive by the sparrows?
(a) Under Joseph Bell.
(b) Tied to the weather vane.
(c) Dunwing's nest.
(d) King Bull Sparra's chambers.
9. What does Silent Sam show Basil Stag Hare when he finds him eating?
(a) A porcupine quill.
(b) A scratch.
(c) A puncture wound.
(d) A cat nail.
10. What does Captain Snow say that Asmodeus has in his eye?
(b) A barb.
11. What does Cornflower carry over to Father Abbot Mortimer when they find Matthias barely alive?
(a) Some soup.
(b) A bandage.
(c) A lantern.
(d) A stretcher.
12. What does Squire Julian Gingivere call the Sword of Martin?
(a) A token.
(b) A scourge.
(c) A diplomat.
(d) A symbol of hope.
13. What does Warbeak swear by to convince Matthias that she will fulfill her promise?
(a) Her father's grave.
(b) Her mother's egg.
(c) Her king's honor.
(d) Her beak.
14. Who was Cluny's natural choice for first officer after the death of Redtooth?
15. What is happening in Cavern Hole by invitation of Matthias and Brother Methuselah?
(a) A military meeting.
(b) A wedding.
(c) A party supper.
(d) A dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the sparrowhawk that Brother Methuselah treated call sparrows?
2. Why does Cluny send the weasel to be locked up without food and water for three days?
3. What do sparrows call creatures they feel are beneath them?
4. How does Jess Squirrel leap as she steals the tapestry back from Cluny's standard?
5. What does Cluny stand on in the churchyard to observe the work of his horde?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)