|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Redtooth hit when he is thrown by Constance Badger?
(a) A sycamore tree.
(b) The fence around St. Ninian's.
(c) The abbey wall.
(d) A pile of stones.
2. When Matthias calls Brother Methuselah an ancient wizard for tricking Warbeak, he replies that he thinks of himself as _____.
(a) A mere mortal.
(b) A superb master of tongues.
(c) An aged, erudite scholar.
(d) A musician at heart.
3. What did Killconey call Scrag in order to extol his virtues after death?
(a) Caring and shameless.
(b) A Scallywag.
(c) Officer material.
(d) A gambler.
4. Captain Snow tells Matthias that he is deader than _____ if he seeks out Asmodeus.
(a) A doornail.
(b) A shoe in a pond.
(d) An icicle in hell.
5. What does Matthias toss away with satisfaction at his victory celebration with the shrews?
(a) A fish bone.
(b) A hazelnut.
(c) A roll.
(d) A truffle.
6. The cat that Matthias encounters is a _____.
7. What does Sela supposedly need that Cluny sends her into the woods to look for?
(a) A special tree bark.
(b) A dark red berry.
(c) A healing mineral.
(d) A vital herb.
8. What does Basil Stag Hare say that Cluny has for having struck an enlisted creature?
(a) Good luck.
(b) Horrid breath.
(c) Blind ambition.
(d) Bad form.
9. What does the squirrel who helps the mice look for the Sword of Martin latch her tail around when she tells them she has made headway?
(a) A branch.
(b) A handle.
(c) A hook.
(d) A gargoyle.
10. What does Jess Squirrel use as a decoy when she steals back the tapestry?
(a) An embroidered hand towel.
(b) A painted dishcloth.
(c) Cornflower's headband.
(d) A folded leaf.
11. Like Basil Stag Hare, the shrews are masters of _____.
12. What is the name of the squirrel who helps immensely when the mice are looking for the Sword of Martin?
13. What does Squire Julian Gingivere call the views of Captain Snow?
(a) Raging proletariat.
(b) Apolitical nonsensical.
(c) Hide-bound militaristic.
(d) Nobless oblige.
14. What does Brother Methuselah call Matthias when the novice awakens him and calls him "old one"?
(a) A young whippersnapper.
(b) A young scallywag.
(c) A troublemaker.
(d) A whipperwill.
15. Basil Stag Hare calls Constance Badger a _____ when she returns from fighting Redtooth and Fangburn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Chickenhound want to call himself for all his self-proclaimed criminal "greatness"?
2. Why does Cluny send the weasel to be locked up without food and water for three days?
3. How does Jess Squirrel leap as she steals the tapestry back from Cluny's standard?
4. The adder's jaws are the only _____ in the wood.
5. What does Squire Julian Gingivere mention as he talks to the shrews for the first time after the truce?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)