|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the squirrel who helps the mice look for the Sword of Martin latch her tail around when she tells them she has made headway?
(a) A handle.
(b) A gargoyle.
(c) A hook.
(d) A branch.
2. What does Captain Snow inadvertently call his nest when he invites Matthias to stay with him?
(c) Resting place.
3. What does Cluny stand on in the churchyard to observe the work of his horde?
(a) A tombstone.
(b) A ladder.
(c) The steps.
(d) A boulder.
4. The cat that Matthias encounters is a _____.
5. What does Silent Sam show Basil Stag Hare when he finds him eating?
(a) A cat nail.
(b) A puncture wound.
(c) A scratch.
(d) A porcupine quill.
6. What does Sela supposedly need that Cluny sends her into the woods to look for?
(a) A dark red berry.
(b) A vital herb.
(c) A healing mineral.
(d) A special tree bark.
7. What does Silent Sam carry in his teeth to go save his mother?
(a) An ice pick.
(b) A spike.
(c) A knitting needle.
(d) A small dagger.
8. What is the name of the squirrel who helps immensely when the mice are looking for the Sword of Martin?
9. How does Cluny seem when he emerges from the tent after his defeat with the battering ram and tunnels?
(b) Sharper than before.
(c) Stark raving mad.
(d) Much more demanding.
10. Father Abbot Mortimer describes Redwall as ____when he addresses the captains wiht a morale-boosting speech.
(a) A haven for rats.
(b) Completely isolated.
(c) An example to teach the creatures of Mossflower Wood.
(d) Virtually self-supporting.
11. What does Cheesethief say the battering ram is like after the mice attack it?
(a) A pile of barnacles.
(b) A splintered mess.
(c) A wet eel.
(d) A hot poker.
12. What does Basil Stag Hare eat with his plateful of quince when he returns to Redwall with a "war wound"?
(a) Elderberry pie.
(b) Broccoli casserole.
(c) Rice pudding.
(d) Acorn stew.
13. What does Warbeak swear by to convince Matthias that she will fulfill her promise?
(a) Her father's grave.
(b) Her beak.
(c) Her king's honor.
(d) Her mother's egg.
14. What does the sparrowhawk that Brother Methuselah treated call sparrows?
(a) Low-flying complainers.
(b) Flying rats.
(c) Flying mice.
15. Where does Jess Squirrel run when the rats chase her?
(a) Down a tunnel to Cavern Hole.
(b) Across the lily pats on the pond.
(c) Up the elm tree.
(d) Up a horse chestnut tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe the owl's eyes?
2. How many shrews are available for battle at Redwall?
3. What does Basil Stag Hare say that Cluny has for having struck an enlisted creature?
4. What do the mice use to move the rats away fro the battering ram so they can implement their plan?
5. Matthias doesn't try the shield in the stone before the appointed hour because he wants to abide by the rules of the _____.
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)