|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Matthias being held captive by the sparrows?
(a) King Bull Sparra's chambers.
(b) Under Joseph Bell.
(c) Dunwing's nest.
(d) Tied to the weather vane.
2. What does Silent Sam show Basil Stag Hare when he finds him eating?
(a) A porcupine quill.
(b) A scratch.
(c) A puncture wound.
(d) A cat nail.
3. When Constance Badger senses that something is amiss among the attacking rats, she feels it in her _____.
4. What does Fangburn call Redtooth's cutlass?
(a) A junk-rusted spike.
(b) A scabby scabbard hater.
(c) A blunt old breadknife.
(d) A baby toy.
5. How does the author describe the owl's eyes?
(a) As green with Saturn-like rings.
(b) As twin golden orbs with black centers.
(c) As black pools of oil.
(d) As fiery orange coals.
6. When Matthias calls Brother Methuselah an ancient wizard for tricking Warbeak, he replies that he thinks of himself as _____.
(a) An aged, erudite scholar.
(b) A mere mortal.
(c) A musician at heart.
(d) A superb master of tongues.
7. What has the cat given up as a food staple?
(a) Pond fish.
(d) Red meat.
8. What does Warbeak swear by to convince Matthias that she will fulfill her promise?
(a) Her king's honor.
(b) Her beak.
(c) Her mother's egg.
(d) Her father's grave.
9. Captain Snow tells Matthias that he is deader than _____ if he seeks out Asmodeus.
(b) An icicle in hell.
(c) A doornail.
(d) A shoe in a pond.
10. What sort of lunch do the shrews have when they are stalking Asmodeus?
(b) String beans.
(c) Warm soup.
(d) Cold fish.
11. What does Jess Squirrel use as a sunshade in the June heat?
(a) Her tail.
(b) An inverted bluebell.
(c) A leaf.
(d) A mushroom cap.
12. What does Cluny stand on in the churchyard to observe the work of his horde?
(a) A ladder.
(b) The steps.
(c) A tombstone.
(d) A boulder.
13. What does Warbeak call Cluny?
14. What are the rats threatening to use to attack Redwall with?
(a) A rock cannon.
(b) A battering ram.
(c) Pin tar arrows.
(d) A giant slingshot.
15. What does Squire Julian Gingivere mention as he talks to the shrews for the first time after the truce?
(a) His tail.
(b) The battle.
(c) The weather.
(d) Matthias's love life.
Short Answer Questions
1. The cat's voice is cultured, though it was a _____.
2. What color is the bloom of the late rose as Father Abbot Mrotimer lays on his deathbed?
3. How many shrews are available for battle at Redwall?
4. What is happening in Cavern Hole by invitation of Matthias and Brother Methuselah?
5. What do the mice use to move the rats away fro the battering ram so they can implement their plan?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)