|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jess Squirrel use to stop the battering ram?
(a) Vegetable oil.
(c) Boiling water,
(d) Vegetable skins.
2. Who saves a cornered band of shrews from the ferrets?
(b) Constance Badger.
3. How many shrews are available for battle at Redwall?
(a) Five hundred.
(c) Five thousand.
(d) Fifty thousand.
4. What does Jess Squirrel use as a sunshade in the June heat?
(a) An inverted bluebell.
(b) Her tail.
(c) A leaf.
(d) A mushroom cap.
5. What does Squire Julian Gingivere mention as he talks to the shrews for the first time after the truce?
(a) The weather.
(b) His tail.
(c) Matthias's love life.
(d) The battle.
6. When Matthias calls Brother Methuselah an ancient wizard for tricking Warbeak, he replies that he thinks of himself as _____.
(a) A musician at heart.
(b) A mere mortal.
(c) A superb master of tongues.
(d) An aged, erudite scholar.
7. What does Dunwing call her daughter?
8. What does Cornflower carry over to Father Abbot Mortimer when they find Matthias barely alive?
(a) A bandage.
(b) A lantern.
(c) Some soup.
(d) A stretcher.
9. What does the squirrel who helps the mice look for the Sword of Martin latch her tail around when she tells them she has made headway?
(a) A handle.
(b) A gargoyle.
(c) A hook.
(d) A branch.
10. What is the name of the squirrel who helps immensely when the mice are looking for the Sword of Martin?
11. What does the sparrowhawk that Brother Methuselah treated call sparrows?
(a) Flying rats.
(c) Low-flying complainers.
(d) Flying mice.
12. Where does Matthias find the sword belt in King Bull Sparra's chambers?
(a) Woven into the wall.
(b) In a closet.
(c) Under a sagging armchair.
(d) Under the bed.
13. What does Squire Julian Gingivere call the views of Captain Snow?
(a) Nobless oblige.
(b) Hide-bound militaristic.
(c) Raging proletariat.
(d) Apolitical nonsensical.
14. What does Jess Squirrel shoot after Cheesethief is killed?
(a) A water rat.
(b) A ferret.
(c) A weasel.
(d) A stoat.
15. What does Cluny stand on in the churchyard to observe the work of his horde?
(a) A boulder.
(b) A ladder.
(c) A tombstone.
(d) The steps.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scumnose tell Cluny he is keeping nice and fresh in a ditch?
2. Basil Stag Hare calls Constance Badger a _____ when she returns from fighting Redtooth and Fangburn.
3. What does Captain Snow inadvertently call his nest when he invites Matthias to stay with him?
4. What did Killconey call Scrag in order to extol his virtues after death?
5. Matthias tells Father Abbot Mortimer that it is not only their job to defend Redwall, but it has become their job to _____.
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)