|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Like Basil Stag Hare, the shrews are masters of _____.
2. What does Squire Julian Gingivere call the Sword of Martin?
(a) A symbol of hope.
(b) A diplomat.
(c) A scourge.
(d) A token.
3. What do the mice use to move the rats away fro the battering ram so they can implement their plan?
(a) Hot coals.
(c) Railroad nails.
4. Who saves a cornered band of shrews from the ferrets?
(d) Constance Badger.
5. What is happening in Cavern Hole by invitation of Matthias and Brother Methuselah?
(a) A dance.
(b) A party supper.
(c) A military meeting.
(d) A wedding.
6. Matthias doesn't try the shield in the stone before the appointed hour because he wants to abide by the rules of the _____.
7. What does Silent Sam carry in his teeth to go save his mother?
(a) A spike.
(b) A small dagger.
(c) A knitting needle.
(d) An ice pick.
8. What name does Chickenhound want to call himself for all his self-proclaimed criminal "greatness"?
9. How does Cluny seem when he emerges from the tent after his defeat with the battering ram and tunnels?
(a) Stark raving mad.
(b) Much more demanding.
(d) Sharper than before.
10. What does Squire Julian Gingivere mention as he talks to the shrews for the first time after the truce?
(a) The weather.
(b) Matthias's love life.
(c) His tail.
(d) The battle.
11. What did Killconey call Scrag in order to extol his virtues after death?
(a) A gambler.
(b) Officer material.
(c) Caring and shameless.
(d) A Scallywag.
12. What does Basil Stag Hare eat with his plateful of quince when he returns to Redwall with a "war wound"?
(a) Elderberry pie.
(b) Broccoli casserole.
(c) Rice pudding.
(d) Acorn stew.
13. Who tries to seize Matthias only to be struck down by the Sword of Martin?
14. What does Warbeak swear by to convince Matthias that she will fulfill her promise?
(a) Her mother's egg.
(b) Her father's grave.
(c) Her king's honor.
(d) Her beak.
15. When Constance Badger senses that something is amiss among the attacking rats, she feels it in her _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Matthias calls Brother Methuselah an ancient wizard for tricking Warbeak, he replies that he thinks of himself as _____.
2. What does Captain Snow say that Asmodeus has in his eye?
3. How does the author describe the owl's eyes?
4. What does Fangburn call Redtooth's cutlass?
5. What is the name of the squirrel who helps immensely when the mice are looking for the Sword of Martin?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)