|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the sparrows call Asmodeus?
2. What does the sparrowhawk that Brother Methuselah treated call sparrows?
(a) Flying rats.
(c) Flying mice.
(d) Low-flying complainers.
3. What does Warbeak call Joseph Bell?
4. Who tries to seize Matthias only to be struck down by the Sword of Martin?
5. Chickenhound considers Redwall to be his _____.
(d) Dumping ground.
6. Where is Matthias being held captive by the sparrows?
(a) Under Joseph Bell.
(b) Dunwing's nest.
(c) Tied to the weather vane.
(d) King Bull Sparra's chambers.
7. Father Abbot Mortimer describes Redwall as ____when he addresses the captains wiht a morale-boosting speech.
(a) Virtually self-supporting.
(b) Completely isolated.
(c) An example to teach the creatures of Mossflower Wood.
(d) A haven for rats.
8. What does Squire Julian Gingivere mention as he talks to the shrews for the first time after the truce?
(a) His tail.
(b) Matthias's love life.
(c) The weather.
(d) The battle.
9. What does Silent Sam continually do that is part of the reason he doesn't speak much?
(a) Ponders his parents.
(c) Rolls his eyes.
(d) Sucks his paw.
10. What does Cluny threaten Plumpen's family with?
(b) A fire in a ditch.
(c) Drowning in the pond.
(d) His tail.
11. What do sparrows call creatures they feel are beneath them?
12. How are Sela and Chickenhound executed?
(a) By stoning.
(b) With spears.
(c) With cutlasses.
(d) By hanging.
13. What is happening in Cavern Hole by invitation of Matthias and Brother Methuselah?
(a) A dance.
(b) A wedding.
(c) A military meeting.
(d) A party supper.
14. What does Scumnose tell Cluny he is keeping nice and fresh in a ditch?
15. Where does Friar Hugo hide when the battle between Matthias and Cluny reaches the bell tower?
(a) In a trunk.
(b) Under the stairs.
(c) In a dusty corner.
(d) On top of the bell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cornflower carry over to Father Abbot Mortimer when they find Matthias barely alive?
2. Matthias tells Father Abbot Mortimer that it is not only their job to defend Redwall, but it has become their job to _____.
3. What does Captain Snow inadvertently call his nest when he invites Matthias to stay with him?
4. What does Cheesethief do with Cluny's tail barb when he is in his tent?
5. What are the rats threatening to use to attack Redwall with?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)