|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of material does the squirrel who helps the mice look for the Sword of Martin prefer to climb?
2. What do the sniggering rats call the leaders of Redwall when they capture them?
(a) The Doomed.
(b) The Lostmice.
(d) The Ringleaders.
3. Where does Friar Hugo hide when the battle between Matthias and Cluny reaches the bell tower?
(a) In a dusty corner.
(b) In a trunk.
(c) On top of the bell.
(d) Under the stairs.
4. When Matthias calls Brother Methuselah an ancient wizard for tricking Warbeak, he replies that he thinks of himself as _____.
(a) A superb master of tongues.
(b) A mere mortal.
(c) A musician at heart.
(d) An aged, erudite scholar.
5. What does the sparrowhawk that Brother Methuselah treated call sparrows?
(a) Low-flying complainers.
(b) Flying mice.
(d) Flying rats.
6. What color is the bloom of the late rose as Father Abbot Mrotimer lays on his deathbed?
(a) Salmon pink.
(b) Bright fuschia.
(d) Blood red.
7. What does Silent Sam carry in his teeth to go save his mother?
(a) A small dagger.
(b) A spike.
(c) An ice pick.
(d) A knitting needle.
8. How does Jess Squirrel leap as she steals the tapestry back from Cluny's standard?
(a) Like a salmon.
(b) Like a deer.
(c) Like a frog.
(d) Like a grasshopper.
9. What does Captain Snow say that Asmodeus has in his eye?
(c) A barb.
10. What does Captain Snow inadvertently call his nest when he invites Matthias to stay with him?
(a) Resting place.
11. What do sparrows call creatures they feel are beneath them?
12. What does the moonlight focus upon when Matthias puts the shield into the niche in the stone?
(a) Joseph Bell.
(b) The stained-glass window.
(c) The weather vane.
(d) The elm tree.
13. The cat's voice is cultured, though it was a _____.
(a) Squeaky mouse voice.
(b) Low booming baritone.
(c) Soft, velvet blanket.
(d) High reedy tenor.
14. What does Basil Stag Hare say that Cluny has for having struck an enlisted creature?
(a) Bad form.
(b) Horrid breath.
(c) Good luck.
(d) Blind ambition.
15. What did Killconey call Scrag in order to extol his virtues after death?
(a) A Scallywag.
(b) Officer material.
(c) A gambler.
(d) Caring and shameless.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the sparrows call Asmodeus?
2. What does Plumped use to grease the lock of the Redwall door?
3. What does Fangburn call Redtooth's cutlass?
4. What does Scumnose tell Cluny he is keeping nice and fresh in a ditch?
5. Where does Jess Squirrel run when the rats chase her?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)