|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Sela and Chickenhound executed?
(a) By hanging.
(b) By stoning.
(c) With spears.
(d) With cutlasses.
2. What is Warbeak's status when she meets Matthias gain?
3. When Constance Badger senses that something is amiss among the attacking rats, she feels it in her _____.
4. Basil Stag Hare tells the the mice to go get a bite to eat or he will turn their whiskers into _____.
(a) Woven baskets.
5. What does Basil Stag Hare say that Cluny has for having struck an enlisted creature?
(a) Good luck.
(b) Blind ambition.
(c) Bad form.
(d) Horrid breath.
6. What does Fangburn call Redtooth's cutlass?
(a) A blunt old breadknife.
(b) A junk-rusted spike.
(c) A baby toy.
(d) A scabby scabbard hater.
7. Where does Jess Squirrel run when the rats chase her?
(a) Down a tunnel to Cavern Hole.
(b) Across the lily pats on the pond.
(c) Up a horse chestnut tree.
(d) Up the elm tree.
8. What does Silent Sam carry in his teeth to go save his mother?
(a) A knitting needle.
(b) A small dagger.
(c) An ice pick.
(d) A spike.
9. Where does Matthias find the sword belt in King Bull Sparra's chambers?
(a) Under a sagging armchair.
(b) Under the bed.
(c) In a closet.
(d) Woven into the wall.
10. How does the author describe the owl's eyes?
(a) As black pools of oil.
(b) As fiery orange coals.
(c) As green with Saturn-like rings.
(d) As twin golden orbs with black centers.
11. What does Cheesethief do with Cluny's tail barb when he is in his tent?
(a) Bends it.
(b) Poisons himself with it.
(c) Fits it to his own tail.
(d) Hides it.
12. What does the sparrowhawk that Brother Methuselah treated call sparrows?
(a) Flying mice.
(b) Low-flying complainers.
(d) Flying rats.
13. What does Jess Squirrel use as a sunshade in the June heat?
(a) An inverted bluebell.
(b) A leaf.
(c) Her tail.
(d) A mushroom cap.
14. Where is Captain Snow living, according to the cat?
(a) In the barn.
(b) In a damp cave.
(c) In a hole in the quarry wall.
(d) In a hollow tree.
15. How does Cluny seem when he emerges from the tent after his defeat with the battering ram and tunnels?
(a) Stark raving mad.
(c) Sharper than before.
(d) Much more demanding.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Matthias pushes Warbeak off the ledge, what saves the bird from strangulation?
2. How does Jess Squirrel leap as she steals the tapestry back from Cluny's standard?
3. What does Warbeak call Cluny?
4. What does Brother Methuselah call Matthias when the novice awakens him and calls him "old one"?
5. What does Silent Sam continually do that is part of the reason he doesn't speak much?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)