|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cluny threaten Plumpen's family with?
(b) Drowning in the pond.
(c) His tail.
(d) A fire in a ditch.
2. What does Warbeak call Joseph Bell?
3. What does Plumped use to grease the lock of the Redwall door?
(a) A green bag.
(b) A black spoon.
(c) A scarlet cloth.
(d) A syringe.
4. How does the author describe the owl's eyes?
(a) As twin golden orbs with black centers.
(b) As black pools of oil.
(c) As fiery orange coals.
(d) As green with Saturn-like rings.
5. How are Sela and Chickenhound executed?
(a) With spears.
(b) By stoning.
(c) By hanging.
(d) With cutlasses.
6. Who saves a cornered band of shrews from the ferrets?
(a) Constance Badger.
7. What do the mice use to move the rats away fro the battering ram so they can implement their plan?
(b) Hot coals.
(c) Railroad nails.
8. What does Matthias toss away with satisfaction at his victory celebration with the shrews?
(a) A roll.
(b) A truffle.
(c) A hazelnut.
(d) A fish bone.
9. Where is Captain Snow living, according to the cat?
(a) In a hole in the quarry wall.
(b) In a damp cave.
(c) In the barn.
(d) In a hollow tree.
10. How many shrews are available for battle at Redwall?
(a) Fifty thousand.
(b) Five hundred.
(d) Five thousand.
11. Where does Jess Squirrel run when the rats chase her?
(a) Down a tunnel to Cavern Hole.
(b) Across the lily pats on the pond.
(c) Up the elm tree.
(d) Up a horse chestnut tree.
12. What are the rats threatening to use to attack Redwall with?
(a) Pin tar arrows.
(b) A battering ram.
(c) A giant slingshot.
(d) A rock cannon.
13. How does Cluny seem when he emerges from the tent after his defeat with the battering ram and tunnels?
(a) Stark raving mad.
(c) Sharper than before.
(d) Much more demanding.
14. What does Cluny stand on in the churchyard to observe the work of his horde?
(a) A tombstone.
(b) The steps.
(c) A ladder.
(d) A boulder.
15. What does Father Abbot Mortimer find lodged in Matthias's shoulder?
(b) A pebble.
(c) A giant thorn.
(d) A beak.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Captain Snow inadvertently call his nest when he invites Matthias to stay with him?
2. What sort of material does the squirrel who helps the mice look for the Sword of Martin prefer to climb?
3. What does Captain Snow call all the shrews dancing around him?
4. What does Fangburn call Redtooth's cutlass?
5. Basil Stag Hare tells the the mice to go get a bite to eat or he will turn their whiskers into _____.
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)