|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Sela and Chickenhound executed?
(a) With spears.
(b) With cutlasses.
(c) By stoning.
(d) By hanging.
2. Where does Jess Squirrel run when the rats chase her?
(a) Up a horse chestnut tree.
(b) Across the lily pats on the pond.
(c) Down a tunnel to Cavern Hole.
(d) Up the elm tree.
3. Basil Stag Hare tells the the mice to go get a bite to eat or he will turn their whiskers into _____.
(c) Woven baskets.
4. What does Brother Methuselah call Matthias when the novice awakens him and calls him "old one"?
(a) A whipperwill.
(b) A young whippersnapper.
(c) A young scallywag.
(d) A troublemaker.
5. What does Jess Squirrel shoot after Cheesethief is killed?
(a) A weasel.
(b) A stoat.
(c) A ferret.
(d) A water rat.
6. What do the sparrows call Asmodeus?
7. What color is the bloom of the late rose as Father Abbot Mrotimer lays on his deathbed?
(a) Blood red.
(b) Bright fuschia.
(d) Salmon pink.
8. What does Redtooth hit when he is thrown by Constance Badger?
(a) A sycamore tree.
(b) The fence around St. Ninian's.
(c) A pile of stones.
(d) The abbey wall.
9. Where does Matthias find the sword belt in King Bull Sparra's chambers?
(a) In a closet.
(b) Under the bed.
(c) Under a sagging armchair.
(d) Woven into the wall.
10. What does Squire Julian Gingivere call the Sword of Martin?
(a) A symbol of hope.
(b) A diplomat.
(c) A token.
(d) A scourge.
11. What did the Redwall food seem to turn into in Plumpen's mouth as a result of his mission there?
12. What sort of lunch do the shrews have when they are stalking Asmodeus?
(a) Cold fish.
(c) Warm soup.
(d) String beans.
13. When Matthias pushes Warbeak off the ledge, what saves the bird from strangulation?
(a) Her stout head muscles.
(b) Her eyesight.
(c) Her thick neck feathers.
(d) Her wings.
14. What sort of material does the squirrel who helps the mice look for the Sword of Martin prefer to climb?
15. What does Silent Sam continually do that is part of the reason he doesn't speak much?
(a) Rolls his eyes.
(b) Ponders his parents.
(d) Sucks his paw.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the moonlight focus upon when Matthias puts the shield into the niche in the stone?
2. How does Cluny seem when he emerges from the tent after his defeat with the battering ram and tunnels?
3. What does Jess Squirrel call Cluny?
4. Where does Friar Hugo hide when the battle between Matthias and Cluny reaches the bell tower?
5. What does Captain Snow inadvertently call his nest when he invites Matthias to stay with him?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)