|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Captain Snow tells Matthias that he is deader than _____ if he seeks out Asmodeus.
(a) A shoe in a pond.
(c) A doornail.
(d) An icicle in hell.
2. What does Silent Sam continually do that is part of the reason he doesn't speak much?
(a) Rolls his eyes.
(b) Ponders his parents.
(d) Sucks his paw.
3. What does Brother Methuselah call Matthias when the novice awakens him and calls him "old one"?
(a) A young scallywag.
(b) A troublemaker.
(c) A young whippersnapper.
(d) A whipperwill.
4. Like Basil Stag Hare, the shrews are masters of _____.
5. What does Matthias toss away with satisfaction at his victory celebration with the shrews?
(a) A fish bone.
(b) A truffle.
(c) A hazelnut.
(d) A roll.
6. When Matthias calls Brother Methuselah an ancient wizard for tricking Warbeak, he replies that he thinks of himself as _____.
(a) A musician at heart.
(b) A superb master of tongues.
(c) An aged, erudite scholar.
(d) A mere mortal.
7. What does Cluny think is holding the tunnel progress back?
(a) Competition among the horde.
(b) Idle stupid laziness.
(c) A lack of proper food.
(d) A lack of leadership.
8. Where does Jess Squirrel run when the rats chase her?
(a) Across the lily pats on the pond.
(b) Up the elm tree.
(c) Down a tunnel to Cavern Hole.
(d) Up a horse chestnut tree.
9. What does Cluny say that Jess Squirrel has that he could use?
(d) Access to food.
10. How does Cluny seem when he emerges from the tent after his defeat with the battering ram and tunnels?
(a) Stark raving mad.
(b) Sharper than before.
(c) Much more demanding.
11. What does Cornflower carry over to Father Abbot Mortimer when they find Matthias barely alive?
(a) A stretcher.
(b) A bandage.
(c) A lantern.
(d) Some soup.
12. Why does Cluny send the weasel to be locked up without food and water for three days?
(a) Because he spits on the ground.
(b) Because he makes bad coffee.
(c) Because he drops a shovel.
(d) Because he smiles.
13. What does Plumped use to grease the lock of the Redwall door?
(a) A scarlet cloth.
(b) A black spoon.
(c) A green bag.
(d) A syringe.
14. What does Scumnose tell Cluny he is keeping nice and fresh in a ditch?
15. Who tries to seize Matthias only to be struck down by the Sword of Martin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the rats threatening to use to attack Redwall with?
2. What is happening in Cavern Hole by invitation of Matthias and Brother Methuselah?
3. Where is Matthias being held captive by the sparrows?
4. What does the squirrel who helps the mice look for the Sword of Martin latch her tail around when she tells them she has made headway?
5. Who was Cluny's natural choice for first officer after the death of Redtooth?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)