|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Redtooth hit when he is thrown by Constance Badger?
(a) The fence around St. Ninian's.
(b) The abbey wall.
(c) A pile of stones.
(d) A sycamore tree.
2. Where does Jess Squirrel run when the rats chase her?
(a) Across the lily pats on the pond.
(b) Up a horse chestnut tree.
(c) Up the elm tree.
(d) Down a tunnel to Cavern Hole.
3. What does Silent Sam show Basil Stag Hare when he finds him eating?
(a) A porcupine quill.
(b) A scratch.
(c) A cat nail.
(d) A puncture wound.
4. What does Cluny threaten Plumpen's family with?
(a) His tail.
(c) Drowning in the pond.
(d) A fire in a ditch.
5. What does Fangburn call Redtooth's cutlass?
(a) A blunt old breadknife.
(b) A scabby scabbard hater.
(c) A junk-rusted spike.
(d) A baby toy.
6. What does Squire Julian Gingivere call the Sword of Martin?
(a) A symbol of hope.
(b) A diplomat.
(c) A scourge.
(d) A token.
7. What does Constance Badger devise to kill Cluny in his tent?
(a) A pike.
(b) A crossbow.
(c) A fireball.
(d) A mace.
8. The cat that Matthias encounters is a _____.
9. Captain Snow tells Matthias that he is deader than _____ if he seeks out Asmodeus.
(a) A doornail.
(c) A shoe in a pond.
(d) An icicle in hell.
10. What does Matthias toss away with satisfaction at his victory celebration with the shrews?
(a) A hazelnut.
(b) A fish bone.
(c) A truffle.
(d) A roll.
11. What does Silent Sam continually do that is part of the reason he doesn't speak much?
(a) Ponders his parents.
(c) Rolls his eyes.
(d) Sucks his paw.
12. Why does Cluny send the weasel to be locked up without food and water for three days?
(a) Because he smiles.
(b) Because he makes bad coffee.
(c) Because he drops a shovel.
(d) Because he spits on the ground.
13. What does Squire Julian Gingivere call the views of Captain Snow?
(a) Apolitical nonsensical.
(b) Nobless oblige.
(c) Hide-bound militaristic.
(d) Raging proletariat.
14. What does Jess Squirrel use as a sunshade in the June heat?
(a) Her tail.
(b) A leaf.
(c) An inverted bluebell.
(d) A mushroom cap.
15. What does Basil Stag Hare say that Cluny has for having struck an enlisted creature?
(a) Bad form.
(b) Blind ambition.
(c) Good luck.
(d) Horrid breath.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brother Methuselah call Matthias when the novice awakens him and calls him "old one"?
2. What does Jess Squirrel shoot after Cheesethief is killed?
3. What does Captain Snow say that Asmodeus has in his eye?
4. Where is Captain Snow living, according to the cat?
5. What color is the bloom of the late rose as Father Abbot Mrotimer lays on his deathbed?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)