|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cheesethief do with Cluny's tail barb when he is in his tent?
(a) Poisons himself with it.
(b) Bends it.
(c) Fits it to his own tail.
(d) Hides it.
2. Where does Friar Hugo hide when the battle between Matthias and Cluny reaches the bell tower?
(a) Under the stairs.
(b) In a dusty corner.
(c) In a trunk.
(d) On top of the bell.
3. When Constance Badger senses that something is amiss among the attacking rats, she feels it in her _____.
4. What does Constance Badger devise to kill Cluny in his tent?
(a) A fireball.
(b) A pike.
(c) A crossbow.
(d) A mace.
5. The cat that Matthias encounters is a _____.
6. Where is Captain Snow living, according to the cat?
(a) In the barn.
(b) In a hollow tree.
(c) In a hole in the quarry wall.
(d) In a damp cave.
7. Who saves a cornered band of shrews from the ferrets?
(b) Constance Badger.
8. Where is Matthias being held captive by the sparrows?
(a) Tied to the weather vane.
(b) Dunwing's nest.
(c) Under Joseph Bell.
(d) King Bull Sparra's chambers.
9. How many shrews are available for battle at Redwall?
(a) Five thousand.
(b) Fifty thousand.
(c) Five hundred.
10. What did the Redwall food seem to turn into in Plumpen's mouth as a result of his mission there?
11. What does Warbeak swear by to convince Matthias that she will fulfill her promise?
(a) Her beak.
(b) Her king's honor.
(c) Her mother's egg.
(d) Her father's grave.
12. What does Jess Squirrel use to stop the battering ram?
(a) Vegetable skins.
(c) Vegetable oil.
(d) Boiling water,
13. What does Jess Squirrel use as a sunshade in the June heat?
(a) A mushroom cap.
(b) A leaf.
(c) An inverted bluebell.
(d) Her tail.
14. What is the name of the squirrel who helps immensely when the mice are looking for the Sword of Martin?
15. Matthias doesn't try the shield in the stone before the appointed hour because he wants to abide by the rules of the _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Plumped use to grease the lock of the Redwall door?
2. What does Warbeak call Cluny?
3. What does Squire Julian Gingivere call the Sword of Martin?
4. What does Cluny stand on in the churchyard to observe the work of his horde?
5. Father Abbot Mortimer describes Redwall as ____when he addresses the captains wiht a morale-boosting speech.
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)