|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Matthias out gathering when he runs into Father Abbot Mortimer?
2. How does Brother Methuselah describe the eyes of the sparrowhawk he treated?
(a) As piercing green eyes.
(b) As savage golden eyes.
(c) As pools of black ice.
(d) As darting brown eyes.
3. Frightened by the sound of a bird, Ragear rushes blindly into _____.
(a) Mossflower Wood.
(b) Knobhill Quarry.
(c) Pebble Creek.
(d) St. Ninian's.
4. Where did most of Cluny's army sleep in St. Ninian's?
(a) In the choir loft.
(b) In the nave.
(c) In the atrium.
(d) In the pews.
5. Father Abbot Mortimer and Constance Badger are chiefly concerned about _____ at the beginning of Chapter 9 in Book 1.
(a) The safety of Redwall.
(b) The size of their gold stores.
(c) The clean-up after the Jubilee.
(d) The political election coming up.
6. How does Brother Methuselah describe Matthias's face when he sees him?
(a) As bright with hope.
(b) As a closed door.
(c) As an open book.
(d) As taught with fear.
7. What does Cornflower give to Matthias as a token of her belief in him?
(a) A ring.
(b) A headband.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A medal.
8. What had Matthias helped Sister Stephanie get Tim and Tess cured from?
(a) Paw sores.
(b) Tail rickets.
(c) Whisker wilt.
(d) Ear mites.
9. What did Sela the vixen sprinkle on Cluny's pillow for show?
(a) Sleeping powder.
(b) Gnome spice.
(c) Fairy dust.
(d) Magic herbs.
10. Matthias hits Ragear with a _____.
(a) Sword handle.
(b) Larch branch.
11. Constance Badger calls Basil Stag Hare an old _____.
12. What sort of snake is Asmodeus?
(a) An adder.
(b) An anaconda.
(c) An asp.
(d) A copperhead.
13. What brings Cluny out of his nightmare where the phantom figure appears?
(a) Joseph Bell.
(c) His mother.
(d) The smell of food.
14. Brothers Rufus and _____ bring up an incident report.
15. Brother Methuselah tells of a sparrowhawk he treated for a _____.
(a) Chipped beak.
(b) Broken wing.
(c) Pulled sinew in her foot.
(d) Scratched eyeball.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Basil Stag Hare call Matthias when he is reluctant to involve the hare in the fight with the rats?
2. When Matthias wakes up from having fallen asleep after his encounter with the rats at St. Ninian's, he is filled with _____.
3. What does Matthias feed Tim and Tess?
4. What does Cluny say he is going to rename Redwall when he takes over?
5. What is Constance carrying as she patrols the wall while under attack by the rats?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)