|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What direction of breeze does Brother Methuselah point out when he is talking to Father Abbott Mortimer about the state of the battle with the rats?
2. What particular attribute does Basil Stag Hare say is unseemly about the rats to their faces?
(a) Their smell.
(b) Their dress.
(c) Their eating habits.
(d) Their manner of speaking.
3. How does the author describe the color of Basil Stag Hare's coat?
(a) An ashen hue.
(b) A tortoise shell.
(c) A rich brown.
(d) A silvery gray.
4. Cluny calls the tapestry with Martin the Warrior on it a _____ to the mice.
(a) Common work of bad art.
(b) Collosal failure.
(c) Powerless relic.
(d) Precious omen.
5. What is chronicled in the Redwall tapestry?
(a) The life of Christ.
(b) Late Roman history.
(c) Early Redwall history.
(d) The defeat of Captain Stallwart.
6. When Matthias tells Basil Stag Hare that he looks heroic, the hare thinks he does look a bit like _____.
(a) The Monarch of the Glen.
(b) The Regent of the Meadows.
(c) The King of the Castle.
(d) The Earl of Mosswood.
7. What are the walls of the Abbey made of?
(a) Red limestone.
(b) Red obsidian.
(c) Red quartz.
(d) Red sandstone.
8. What does Cluny pull from the tip of his tail?
(a) An eagle talon.
(b) A diamond.
(c) A splinter.
(d) A poison war spike.
9. Father Abbot Mortimer and Constance Badger are chiefly concerned about _____ at the beginning of Chapter 9 in Book 1.
(a) The size of their gold stores.
(b) The clean-up after the Jubilee.
(c) The political election coming up.
(d) The safety of Redwall.
10. What does Shadow use to help him get through the door to the Great Hall?
(a) A long skinny knife blade.
(b) A porcupine quill.
(c) A bobby pin.
(d) A vial of oil.
11. Matthias calls Silent Sam a splendid _____.
12. Where does Father Abbot Martimer intend to take the casualties of Cluny's attack?
(a) Into the nave.
(b) Into Cavern Hole.
(c) Into the cloisters.
(d) Into the Great Hall.
13. Cluny's reputation was that of some sort of _____ to most creatures who knew of him.
14. Who did Martin the Warrior slay in the battle where he was wounded?
(a) A wildcat.
(b) A fox.
(c) A badger.
(d) A sea rat.
15. How does Matthias feel when Ragear is stalking him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What lies between Matthias and St. Ninian's that Matthias is hesitant to cross?
2. What does Cluny call Constance Badger when he talks to Redtooth about her?
3. How does Brother Methuselah describe the eyes of the sparrowhawk he treated?
4. Frightened by the sound of a bird, Ragear rushes blindly into _____.
5. Where does the Churchmouse family live?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)