|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Matthias hits Ragear with a _____.
(c) Sword handle.
(d) Larch branch.
2. What word is used to describe Ragear's stalking of Matthias?
3. Whose whiskers had gotten singed by Matthias in the past?
(a) Martin the Warrior.
(b) Brother Methuselah.
(c) Father Abbott Mortimer.
(d) Constance Badger.
4. Who confronts Matthias in Mossflower Wood?
(b) A ferret family.
(d) A baby red squirrel.
5. How does Brother Methuselah describe the eyes of the sparrowhawk he treated?
(a) As pools of black ice.
(b) As darting brown eyes.
(c) As savage golden eyes.
(d) As piercing green eyes.
6. What aspect of the words of the riddle perplexes Matthias the most?
(a) A colon.
(b) A dash.
(c) The language used.
(d) The height of the letters.
7. Frightened by the sound of a bird, Ragear rushes blindly into _____.
(a) Knobhill Quarry.
(b) Pebble Creek.
(c) Mossflower Wood.
(d) St. Ninian's.
8. What is the name of the ferret that has been scouting with Cheesethief?
9. Redtooth orders the twelve rats who were guarding the escaped Vole family to be _____.
(b) Set loose.
10. What does Basil Stag Hare lug out of the undergrowth so he and Matthias can have lunch?
(a) A tin box.
(b) A wooden bowl.
(c) A haversack.
(d) A tied bunch of carrots.
11. What is the name of Sela's son?
12. Cluny's reputation was that of some sort of _____ to most creatures who knew of him.
13. What does Cluny call Constance Badger when he talks to Redtooth about her?
(a) A piece of work.
(b) A tattle-tale.
(c) A country bumpkin.
(d) A half-scourge.
14. Brothers Rufus and _____ bring up an incident report.
15. Where does Father Abbot Martimer intend to take the casualties of Cluny's attack?
(a) Into the Great Hall.
(b) Into the nave.
(c) Into the cloisters.
(d) Into Cavern Hole.
Short Answer Questions
1. What particular attribute does Basil Stag Hare say is unseemly about the rats to their faces?
2. What hovers over Matthias as he falls asleep on the way back to Redwall?
3. Father Abbot Mortimer describes the mice of Redwall as being "mice of _____."
4. What do Matthias and Brother Methuselah drink while working with the words behind the tapestry?
5. What does Shadow use to help him get through the door to the Great Hall?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)