|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After escaping the rats at St. Ninian's, what does Matthias eat on the way to Redwall?
2. Matthias wears _____ that don't fit.
3. Brothers Rufus and _____ bring up an incident report.
4. Cluny is described as carrying a rusty _____.
5. Who is disguised as Cluny in battle?
6. Matthias had better _____ that either Constance Badger or Brother Alf.
(c) Nocturnal vision.
(d) Smelling ability.
7. What does Matthias feed Tim and Tess?
(a) Stilton cheese balls.
(b) Sugarplums and cookies.
(c) Gingerbread muffins.
(d) Apple and mint ice cream.
8. How does Brother Methuselah describe the eyes of the sparrowhawk he treated?
(a) As piercing green eyes.
(b) As darting brown eyes.
(c) As savage golden eyes.
(d) As pools of black ice.
9. What is Matthias out gathering when he runs into Father Abbot Mortimer?
10. What are the rats carrying up the old elm tree?
(a) A slingshot.
(b) A giant sword.
(c) A bucket of oil.
(d) A plank.
11. What brings Cluny out of his nightmare where the phantom figure appears?
(b) The smell of food.
(c) Joseph Bell.
(d) His mother.
12. Nobody was sure if Shadow was a rat or a _____.
(c) Large mouse.
13. Methuselah was know for having the gift of _____.
(c) The pen.
14. What creature notices Cluny and Shadow approaching Redwall at night?
(a) A lizard.
(b) A hen.
(c) A frog.
(d) A beetle.
15. What hovers over Matthias as he falls asleep on the way back to Redwall?
(a) A dragonfly.
(b) A wasp.
(c) A bumble bee.
(d) A sparrowhawk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Old Wormtail lost _____ in the cart accident.
2. What is the name of the ferret that has been scouting with Cheesethief?
3. When Matthias tells Basil Stag Hare that he looks heroic, the hare thinks he does look a bit like _____.
4. Brother Methuselah orders Matthias to brush dust off the words on the wall while he _____.
5. What did Sela the vixen sprinkle on Cluny's pillow for show?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)