|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Constance carrying as she patrols the wall while under attack by the rats?
(a) A crossbow.
(b) A pike.
(c) A slingshot.
(d) A cudgel.
2. Matthias feels that he has _____ overnight.
(a) Become Martin the Warrior.
(b) Become a failure.
(c) Lost his drive.
(d) Grown up.
3. Redtooth orders the twelve rats who were guarding the escaped Vole family to be _____.
(b) Set loose.
4. Father Abbot Mortimer believes in tempering triumph with _____.
5. At lunch, Cornflower gives Matthias _____.
(a) A bowl of cherries.
(b) An extra large wedge of cheese.
(c) A small bit of anchovy paste.
(d) A blanket of lettuce.
6. Brother Methuselah orders Matthias to brush dust off the words on the wall while he _____.
(a) Memorizes them.
(b) Changes them.
(c) Erases them.
(d) Inks them.
7. What is fixed upon the top of Cluny's personal standard?
(a) A gold knob.
(b) The skull of a ferret.
(c) The skin of a snake.
(d) The tooth of a dragon.
8. When Matthias tells Basil Stag Hare that he looks heroic, the hare thinks he does look a bit like _____.
(a) The Earl of Mosswood.
(b) The Monarch of the Glen.
(c) The Regent of the Meadows.
(d) The King of the Castle.
9. Cluny calls his hordes a cringing load of _____ when he yells for Redtooth and Darkclaw after the cart accident.
10. Old Wormtail lost _____ in the cart accident.
(a) An ear.
(b) A paw.
(c) A whisker.
(d) An eye.
11. What does Matthias to break the lock when he tries to rescue the Voles?
(a) An iron spike.
(b) A big rock.
(c) A tree branch.
(d) A hammer.
12. Who confronts Matthias in Mossflower Wood?
(a) A ferret family.
(c) A baby red squirrel.
13. Cheesethief tells Scrag the dream of the _____ before he kills him.
(a) Cheese factory in the sky.
(b) Books he will write.
(c) Command he never had.
(d) Lady he loved.
14. How does Brother Methuselah describe Matthias's face when he sees him?
(a) As bright with hope.
(b) As a closed door.
(c) As taught with fear.
(d) As an open book.
15. How does the author describe the manner of Basil Stag Hare?
(a) As ostentatious.
(b) As outmoded.
(c) As obsequious.
(d) As greedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cluny's reputation was that of some sort of _____ to most creatures who knew of him.
2. What did Sela the vixen sprinkle on Cluny's pillow for show?
3. What are the walls of the Abbey made of?
4. What had Matthias helped Sister Stephanie get Tim and Tess cured from?
5. Who does the rope belong to that binds Ragear to the tree?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)