|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Matthias feel when Ragear is stalking him?
2. Where does Father Abbot Martimer intend to take the casualties of Cluny's attack?
(a) Into the Great Hall.
(b) Into the cloisters.
(c) Into the nave.
(d) Into Cavern Hole.
3. Father Abbot Mortimer believes in tempering triumph with _____.
4. At lunch, Cornflower gives Matthias _____.
(a) An extra large wedge of cheese.
(b) A small bit of anchovy paste.
(c) A blanket of lettuce.
(d) A bowl of cherries.
5. Frightened by the sound of a bird, Ragear rushes blindly into _____.
(a) Mossflower Wood.
(b) St. Ninian's.
(c) Pebble Creek.
(d) Knobhill Quarry.
6. Who does Mangfur blame for the quality of food that they bring to Cluny?
7. Brother Methuselah orders Matthias to brush dust off the words on the wall while he _____.
(a) Changes them.
(b) Inks them.
(c) Memorizes them.
(d) Erases them.
8. Constance Badger calls Basil Stag Hare an old _____.
9. How does Brother Methuselah describe Matthias's face when he sees him?
(a) As an open book.
(b) As taught with fear.
(c) As bright with hope.
(d) As a closed door.
10. After escaping the rats at St. Ninian's, what does Matthias eat on the way to Redwall?
11. Who hears that Cluny is putting ladders up against the wall to attack Redwall?
(a) Constance Badger.
(b) Winifred the otter.
(c) Brother Rufus.
12. Cluny often wielded his great tail as a _____.
(b) Way to balance.
13. What does Basil Stag Hare lug out of the undergrowth so he and Matthias can have lunch?
(a) A haversack.
(b) A tin box.
(c) A tied bunch of carrots.
(d) A wooden bowl.
14. What is fixed upon the top of Cluny's personal standard?
(a) A gold knob.
(b) The tooth of a dragon.
(c) The skin of a snake.
(d) The skull of a ferret.
15. What does Matthias to break the lock when he tries to rescue the Voles?
(a) A hammer.
(b) A big rock.
(c) An iron spike.
(d) A tree branch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cluny is described as carrying a rusty _____.
2. What hovers over Matthias as he falls asleep on the way back to Redwall?
3. What is the name of the ferret that has been scouting with Cheesethief?
4. What does Basil Stag Hare call Matthias when he is reluctant to involve the hare in the fight with the rats?
5. Matthias feels that he has _____ overnight.
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)