|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Martin the Warrior slay in the battle where he was wounded?
(a) A badger.
(b) A sea rat.
(c) A wildcat.
(d) A fox.
2. How does Brother Methuselah describe Matthias's face when he sees him?
(a) As an open book.
(b) As taught with fear.
(c) As a closed door.
(d) As bright with hope.
3. Redtooth orders the twelve rats who were guarding the escaped Vole family to be _____.
(c) Set loose.
4. Brother Methuselah tells of a sparrowhawk he treated for a _____.
(a) Scratched eyeball.
(b) Pulled sinew in her foot.
(c) Chipped beak.
(d) Broken wing.
5. Cluny orders a _____ healer to be called for to tend his wounds.
6. What lies beneath the Great Hall of Redwall?
(a) Cavern Hole.
(b) Killkarney Castle.
(c) Martin Hall.
(d) Knobster Bottoms.
7. Cluny's reputation was that of some sort of _____ to most creatures who knew of him.
8. What sort of animal is Scragg?
(a) A weasel.
(b) A hedgehog.
(c) A snake.
(d) A ferret.
9. At lunch, Cornflower gives Matthias _____.
(a) A blanket of lettuce.
(b) A bowl of cherries.
(c) A small bit of anchovy paste.
(d) An extra large wedge of cheese.
10. What had Matthias helped Sister Stephanie get Tim and Tess cured from?
(a) Tail rickets.
(b) Ear mites.
(c) Whisker wilt.
(d) Paw sores.
11. After escaping the rats at St. Ninian's, what does Matthias eat on the way to Redwall?
12. Methuselah was know for having the gift of _____.
(a) The pen.
13. How does Matthias feel when Ragear is stalking him?
14. Where does the Churchmouse family live?
(a) The Hall of Churches.
(b) The Church of St. Ninian.
(c) Redwall Abbey.
(d) The edge of Manner Wood.
15. Ambrose Spike is a _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cluny call Constance Badger when he talks to Redtooth about her?
2. How does the author describe the color of Basil Stag Hare's coat?
3. Cluny calls the tapestry with Martin the Warrior on it a _____ to the mice.
4. What are the rats carrying up the old elm tree?
5. Frightened by the sound of a bird, Ragear rushes blindly into _____.
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)