|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Father Abbot Mortimer describes the mice of Redwall as being "mice of _____."
2. When Matthias tells Basil Stag Hare that he looks heroic, the hare thinks he does look a bit like _____.
(a) The Regent of the Meadows.
(b) The Monarch of the Glen.
(c) The King of the Castle.
(d) The Earl of Mosswood.
3. The rats have trouble catching Basil Stag Hare and say that he is as slippery as a _____.
(a) Steamed egg.
(b) Greased pig.
(c) Mossy rock.
(d) Wet noodle.
4. Matthias takes refuge in Mossflower Wood in _____.
(a) A pile of leaves.
(b) An abandoned rabbit hole.
(c) A wooden box.
(d) An old beech trunk.
5. Where did most of Cluny's army sleep in St. Ninian's?
(a) In the pews.
(b) In the choir loft.
(c) In the atrium.
(d) In the nave.
6. What is fixed upon the top of Cluny's personal standard?
(a) The tooth of a dragon.
(b) A gold knob.
(c) The skin of a snake.
(d) The skull of a ferret.
7. What lies beneath the Great Hall of Redwall?
(a) Cavern Hole.
(b) Knobster Bottoms.
(c) Killkarney Castle.
(d) Martin Hall.
8. Frightened by the sound of a bird, Ragear rushes blindly into _____.
(a) Mossflower Wood.
(b) Knobhill Quarry.
(c) St. Ninian's.
(d) Pebble Creek.
9. Matthias feels that he has _____ overnight.
(a) Lost his drive.
(b) Become a failure.
(c) Become Martin the Warrior.
(d) Grown up.
10. After breakfast following the encounter with Cluny, Father Abbot Mortimer issues the _____.
(a) Daily orders.
(b) Medals of honor.
(c) Staff regulations.
(d) Tactical maneuvers.
11. Matthias hits Ragear with a _____.
(b) Larch branch.
(d) Sword handle.
12. What does Cornflower give to Matthias as a token of her belief in him?
(a) A ring.
(b) A medal.
(c) A headband.
(d) A necklace.
13. What is Matthias out gathering when he runs into Father Abbot Mortimer?
14. Father Abbot Mortimer believes in tempering triumph with _____.
15. Methuselah was know for having the gift of _____.
(b) The pen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Churchmouse family live?
2. Who does the rope belong to that binds Ragear to the tree?
3. What normally bloomed in the Abbey garden that Conrflower noticed was missing?
4. At lunch, Cornflower gives Matthias _____.
5. Cheesethief tells Scrag the dream of the _____ before he kills him.
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)