|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Basil Stag Hare call Matthias when he is reluctant to involve the hare in the fight with the rats?
(a) A curmudgeon.
(b) A hero.
(c) A dolt.
(d) A whiner.
2. What word is used to describe Ragear's stalking of Matthias?
3. What creature notices Cluny and Shadow approaching Redwall at night?
(a) A lizard.
(b) A hen.
(c) A frog.
(d) A beetle.
4. When Matthias wakes up from having fallen asleep after his encounter with the rats at St. Ninian's, he is filled with _____.
(a) Consternation at Basil Stag Hare.
5. What does Cluny call Constance Badger when he talks to Redtooth about her?
(a) A half-scourge.
(b) A country bumpkin.
(c) A piece of work.
(d) A tattle-tale.
6. How does Brother Methuselah describe Matthias's face when he sees him?
(a) As an open book.
(b) As taught with fear.
(c) As a closed door.
(d) As bright with hope.
7. Where does Constance Badger appear when she causes Cluny to fall?
(a) Under the elm tree.
(b) In the mote.
(c) In the elm tree.
(d) On the parapet.
8. Where did most of Cluny's army sleep in St. Ninian's?
(a) In the atrium.
(b) In the choir loft.
(c) In the pews.
(d) In the nave.
9. Redtooth orders the twelve rats who were guarding the escaped Vole family to be _____.
(c) Set loose.
10. What lies between Matthias and St. Ninian's that Matthias is hesitant to cross?
(a) The river.
(b) The mine field.
(c) The common land.
(d) The mote.
11. At lunch, Cornflower gives Matthias _____.
(a) A bowl of cherries.
(b) A blanket of lettuce.
(c) An extra large wedge of cheese.
(d) A small bit of anchovy paste.
12. What normally bloomed in the Abbey garden that Conrflower noticed was missing?
(c) Giant bluebells.
(d) Full red roses.
13. What is the name of Sela's son?
14. Matthias feels that he has _____ overnight.
(a) Grown up.
(b) Lost his drive.
(c) Become a failure.
(d) Become Martin the Warrior.
15. Whose whiskers had gotten singed by Matthias in the past?
(a) Constance Badger.
(b) Brother Methuselah.
(c) Father Abbott Mortimer.
(d) Martin the Warrior.
Short Answer Questions
1. What aspect of the words of the riddle perplexes Matthias the most?
2. What does Ragear think Cluny will call him when he catches the mouse he is stalking?
3. What does Constance Badger think of the rats' fiasco in the elm tree?
4. What is Constance carrying as she patrols the wall while under attack by the rats?
5. What hovers over Matthias as he falls asleep on the way back to Redwall?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)