|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Quest, Chapters 17-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lies between Matthias and St. Ninian's that Matthias is hesitant to cross?
(a) The mote.
(b) The river.
(c) The common land.
(d) The mine field.
2. What is fixed upon the top of Cluny's personal standard?
(a) The skin of a snake.
(b) The tooth of a dragon.
(c) The skull of a ferret.
(d) A gold knob.
3. Who did Martin the Warrior slay in the battle where he was wounded?
(a) A wildcat.
(b) A badger.
(c) A fox.
(d) A sea rat.
4. What does Cornflower carry over to Father Abbot Mortimer when they find Matthias barely alive?
(a) A stretcher.
(b) A lantern.
(c) A bandage.
(d) Some soup.
5. What sort of animal is Scragg?
(a) A hedgehog.
(b) A snake.
(c) A ferret.
(d) A weasel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What aspect of the words of the riddle perplexes Matthias the most?
2. Cluny's reputation was that of some sort of _____ to most creatures who knew of him.
3. Cornflower's father shares a _____ with Mr. Churchmouse on the way home.
4. What does Matthias to break the lock when he tries to rescue the Voles?
5. What does Sela supposedly need that Cluny sends her into the woods to look for?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)