|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, The Quest, Chapters 9-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brother Methuselah tells of a sparrowhawk he treated for a _____.
(a) Chipped beak.
(b) Pulled sinew in her foot.
(c) Scratched eyeball.
(d) Broken wing.
2. What direction of breeze does Brother Methuselah point out when he is talking to Father Abbott Mortimer about the state of the battle with the rats?
3. When Matthias calls Brother Methuselah an ancient wizard for tricking Warbeak, he replies that he thinks of himself as _____.
(a) An aged, erudite scholar.
(b) A musician at heart.
(c) A mere mortal.
(d) A superb master of tongues.
4. What are the rats carrying up the old elm tree?
(a) A plank.
(b) A bucket of oil.
(c) A slingshot.
(d) A giant sword.
5. What does Basil Stag Hare lug out of the undergrowth so he and Matthias can have lunch?
(a) A tied bunch of carrots.
(b) A wooden bowl.
(c) A haversack.
(d) A tin box.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the sparrowhawk that Brother Methuselah treated call sparrows?
2. What does Sela supposedly need that Cluny sends her into the woods to look for?
3. Matthias takes refuge in Mossflower Wood in _____.
4. Brother Methuselah orders Matthias to brush dust off the words on the wall while he _____.
5. Matthias feels that he has _____ overnight.
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)