Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Billy know there is a problem with Nellie's pregnancy?
(a) Nellie is acting funny.
(b) Nellie is too big for a regular pregnant horse.
(c) He had a dream about something being wrong.
(d) He can feel the colt inside.
2. What time does Jody usually come home from school?
(a) Six o'clock.
(b) Four o'clock.
(c) After sunset, to be safe.
(d) Noon (for lunch) and three o'clock.
3. Who cooks dinner the day Gitano arrives on the Tiflin ranch?
(a) Mrs. Tiflin.
(d) Gitano's wife.
4. How high is the corn when the novel first opens?
(a) It hasn't sprouted yet.
(b) Over Jody's head.
(c) Exactly even with Jody.
(d) Knee high.
5. Where does Jess report Gitano was heading?
(a) Nowhere in particular.
(b) Toward the Mexico border.
(c) Into the mountains.
(d) Into the next town over.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Gitano stay while at the Tiflin ranch?
2. When does Billy Buck first go into the ranch house every day?
3. Why does Gitano eventually make Jody leave his lodgings for the night?
4. What does Carl tell Jody about his work with Nellie?
5. When Jody wakes up crying in Chapter 3, what does his mother say to calm him down?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)