|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jess report Gitano was heading?
(a) Nowhere in particular.
(b) Into the next town over.
(c) Into the mountains.
(d) Toward the Mexico border.
2. Who is Smasher?
(a) Jody -- it's his nickname.
(b) The name of the bull on the ranch.
(c) Jody's pet cat.
(d) One of Jody's dogs.
3. What kind of animal does Jody kill for the first time when Chapter 2 opens?
(a) A rat.
(b) A bird.
(c) A cat.
(d) A spider.
4. How is Jody's character first described?
(a) As spoiled and rich.
(b) As very naughty.
(c) As loud and obnoxious.
(d) As obedient and shy.
5. How does Jody's father react when he meets Gitano for the first time?
(a) He refuses to talk to him.
(b) He tells him he is not needed at the ranch.
(c) He threatens him with a gun.
(d) He is honored to have such a wise guest.
Short Answer Questions
1. By which holiday does Carl tell Jody he can ride his pony?
2. What is Billy Buck best known for?
3. How can Jody tell the man approaching his house in Chapter 2 is older?
4. What item does Gitano leave behind when he leaves the Tiflins?
5. What does Carl think Gitano has saved him from?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)