|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jody so concerned about the rain and his pony?
(a) He knows his horse hates rain.
(b) He thinks it is bad for horses to get wet.
(c) He doesn't want his pony to get spooked.
(d) He hates the way wet horses smell.
2. What color hair does Jody Tiflin have?
3. What does Jody have to do when he comes home from school every day?
(a) He just gets to play like a normal kid.
(b) His homework.
(c) Milk the cows.
(d) His afternoon chores.
4. When does Billy Buck first go into the ranch house every day?
(a) When he discusses finances with the Tiflins.
(b) When it is time for daily prayer.
(c) Whenever he wants to; he has a key.
(d) When Mrs. Tiflin rings the iron triangle.
5. When Carl and Billy first return from being gone when the novel opens, what does Jody smell on their breath?
(c) Nothing -- they are very, very thirsty for water.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jody get to school?
2. Who is Billy Buck?
3. When will Jody be allowed to have cartridges for his gun?
4. How does Jody's mom feel about his dedication to the red pony?
5. How is Billy's horse often described?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)