|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Waguih describe calling out over the loudspeakers outside the terrorist leader's home in "Psychological Operations"?
(a) Threats of kidnapping, murder, and rape.
(b) Descriptions of the weapons owned by the Marines.
(c) Descriptions of Marines raping his wife and daughters.
(d) Taunts regarding the Muslim faith.
2. Who is the priest's former mentor in "Prayer in the Furnace"?
(a) Father Connelly.
(b) Father Smith.
(c) Father O'Leary.
(d) Father Skawinski.
3. Where are Rodriguez and the priest standing in the beginning of "Prayer in the Furnace"?
(a) Outside of the first battalion's zone.
(b) Outside of Charlie Medical.
(c) Outside of the chapel.
(d) Outside of Camp Lejeune.
4. What is Jessie's disability in "War Stories"?
(a) She is a paraplegic.
(b) She is missing a finger.
(c) She is missing a leg.
(d) She is deaf.
5. Where is Waguih from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodgriguez ask the priest in their second meeting in "Prayer in the Furnace"?
2. What word from "Psychological Operations" means a temporary stay?
3. What is Sarah's profession in "War Stories"?
4. What role did Waguih play in PsyOps?
5. How old is James Vockler when he is killed in “Unless it’s a Sucking Chest Wound”?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Waguih describe the incident where he was responsible for another man’s death in “Psychological Operations”?
2. Who is James Vockler and how does his death impact the narrator in “Unless it’s a Sucking Chest Wound”?
3. How would you describe the narrative style of “Unless it’s a Sucking Chest Wound”? What takes place in the opening of the story?
4. What symbolism and themes are related through the story “Ten Kliks South”?
5. What “clues” are described to indicate the presence of prostitutes in “In Vietnam They Had Whores”?
6. What does Boylan relate of his career in “Unless it’s a Sucking Chest Wound”? What does the narrator ask Boylan at the end of the story?
7. What does the narrator think about when he passes the medic tent in “Ten Kliks South”?
8. How does the theme of exploitation apply to Waguih in “Psychological Operations”?
9. What causes Jewett to risk insubordination in “Ten Kliks South”?
10. What does Waguih relate to Zara regarding propaganda in “Psychological Operations”?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)