|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the women described at the strip club the narrator goes to in "In Vietnam They Had Whores"?
(c) Very young.
(d) Very attractive.
2. Who tells the priest that a Marine in the battalion has been diagnosed with Combat Stress but is performing his duties efficiently in "Prayer in the Furnace"?
(a) Lance Corporal Jobrani.
(b) Major Zima.
(c) Sergeant Haupert.
(d) Sergeant Kurtz.
3. Who is the narrator of "War Stories"?
4. Where is the first female that the narrator sees during his deployment in "In Vietnam They Had Whores"?
(d) Al Asad.
5. What word from "Psychological Operations" means a temporary stay?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Jenks join the Marine Corps?
2. What does Waguih describe calling out over the loudspeakers outside the terrorist leader's home in "Psychological Operations"?
3. What word from "Prayer in the Furnace" refers to biographies of saints or venerated persons?
4. What does Boylan's voice remind the narrator of in “Unless it’s a Sucking Chest Wound”?
5. What is given to the narrator before his deployment in "In Vietnam They Had Whores"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Waguih represent in “Psychological Operations”? What was Waguih’s role in the military?
2. What is portrayed as an obstacle for Marines in obtaining mental help in “Prayer in the Furnace”?
3. Describe the narrative style of “In Vietnam They Had Whores.” What is happening in the beginning of the story?
4. What does Waguih relate to Zara regarding propaganda in “Psychological Operations”?
5. What does Rodriguez symbolize in “Prayer in the Furnace”?
6. What does the narrator think about when he passes the medic tent in “Ten Kliks South”?
7. What conversation takes place between Wilson and Jessie in the end of “War Stories”?
8. Whom does the priest reach out to for advice in “Prayer in the Furnace”? What advice does he receive?
9. How would you describe the narrative style of “Unless it’s a Sucking Chest Wound”? What takes place in the opening of the story?
10. How are the prostitutes from the Vietnam War described in “In Vietnam They Had Whores”?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)