|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says he doesn't feel like he killed anybody in "Ten Kliks South"?
2. What medal has Boylan earned in “Unless it’s a Sucking Chest Wound”?
(a) A Purple Heart.
(b) A Medal of Honor.
(c) A Navy Cross.
(d) A Bronze Star.
3. What is Zara's last name in "Psychological Operations"?
4. What drug was Jenks given that erases memory after his injury?
5. Where are Rodriguez and the priest standing in the beginning of "Prayer in the Furnace"?
(a) Outside of Charlie Medical.
(b) Outside of the first battalion's zone.
(c) Outside of the chapel.
(d) Outside of Camp Lejeune.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many surgeries did Jenks undergo during his recovery?
2. What is the priest's former career in "Prayer in the Furnace"?
3. Why does Zara report Waguih to school authorities in "Psychological Operations"?
4. Who reads aloud Jenks's words about his injury in "War Stories"?
5. How many Marines are sitting at the table in the beginning of "Ten Kliks South"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator represent symbolically in “Unless it’s a Sucking Chest Wound”?
2. How does Waguih describe the incident where he was responsible for another man’s death in “Psychological Operations”?
3. What conversation takes place between Wilson and Jessie in the end of “War Stories”?
4. Who is James Vockler and how does his death impact the narrator in “Unless it’s a Sucking Chest Wound”?
5. What symbolism is related in the story “In Vietnam They Had Whores”?
6. What does Rodriguez symbolize in “Prayer in the Furnace”?
7. What does the character of Zara represent in “Psychological Operations”?
8. How does the theme of exploitation apply to Waguih in “Psychological Operations”?
9. What obstacles does the priest face in “Prayer in the Furnace”?
10. What does Boylan relate of his career in “Unless it’s a Sucking Chest Wound”? What does the narrator ask Boylan at the end of the story?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)