|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator says in "Bodies" that except for him and the corporal, everyone in Mortuary Affairs talked about what?
2. How is the narrator's hometown described in "Bodies"?
(a) Artsy and academic.
(b) On the outskirts of a large city.
3. What does the acronym "MRAP" represent?
(a) Marine Redeployment and Processing.
(b) Mine-Resistant Ambush Protected vehicle.
(c) Marine Rotary Assistant Police.
(d) Machine-Rotated Artillery Puncture.
4. How does the narrator describe Rachel's views on war in "Bodies"?
(a) She was anti-nationalist.
(b) She was a pacifist.
(c) She was an anarchist.
(d) She supported the Iraq War.
5. How does the narrator describe his feelings for the PFC that died in the end of "OIF"?
(a) He hated him.
(b) He made fun of him.
(c) He resented him.
(d) He loved him.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what organization do the Marines presume the torture has been recorded in "FRAGO"?
2. Where is the narrator reunited with Cpl Sweet in the end of "FRAGO"?
3. What does PFC refer to in "Redeployment"?
4. Who is described as the only Muslim in the narrator's platoon in "After Action Report"?
5. How old is Cindy in “Money as a Weapons System”?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is symbolized by the baseball uniforms in “Money as a Weapons System”?
2. How do the Marines enter the targeted house in “FRAGO”? What do they discover upon entering?
3. What symbolism is depicted in the story titled “FRAGO”? What does the narrator’s experience represent?
4. How is the narrator’s civilian life described when he returns home in “Redeployment”?
5. Whose memorial is described in “After Action Report”? How is the memorial described?
6. What do the Marines do after entering the basement in “FRAGO”?
7. What is discovered in the basement in “FRAGO”? How do the Marines enter the basement?
8. What literary element dominates “Money as a Weapons System”?
9. What killing has taken place in “After Action Report”? Why does the narrator take credit for the killing?
10. How does the theme of guilt apply to the narrator in “Money as a Weapons System”?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)