|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator put into Dyer's hand in the end of "FRAGO"?
(a) A knife.
(b) A gun.
(c) A fork.
(d) A spoon.
2. How old is Timhead's younger brother that's in juvie for setting fires?
3. What does the acronym NAM represent in "OIF"?
(a) The Vietnam War.
(b) Naval Artillery Machine.
(c) Naval Academy Marine.
(d) Navy Achievement Medal.
4. What is the narrator's enlistment code in "OIF"?
5. Who initially told the narrator the story about the body bag in "Bodies"?
(a) Corporal Weissert.
(b) Corporal G.
(c) Corporal Craig.
(d) Corporal Moore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term do the Marines use to refer to the enemy in Redeployment?
2. What does DI stand for in "OIF"?
3. Where does the narrator describe flying out of to return home in "Redeployment"?
4. Who is the fellow Marine that points out the dogs drinking blood in "Redeployment"?
5. What operative name does the narrator describe for the activity of shooting dogs in "Redeployment"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is symbolized by the death of the Iraqi boy in “After Action Report”?
2. Who is Rachel, and what role does she play in the story “Bodies”?
3. What killing has taken place in “After Action Report”? Why does the narrator take credit for the killing?
4. What was the narrator’s position in the military in “Bodies”? How did this position affect him?
5. What symbolism is depicted in the story titled “FRAGO”? What does the narrator’s experience represent?
6. What do the military medals in “OIF” represent symbolically?
7. What is symbolized by the baseball uniforms in “Money as a Weapons System”?
8. Describe the narrative style of “FRAGO.” What is taking place when the story begins?
9. What literary element dominates “Money as a Weapons System”?
10. Describe the narrative style in “Money as a Weapons System.” What is the narrator’s perspective on the war in the beginning of the story?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)