|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What military slang term is used in "OIF" to describe non-infantry, non-combat soldiers or staff?
2. What does the acronym FRAGO represent?
(a) First Redirection of Orders.
(b) First Regiment at Guard Order.
(c) First Redeployment and Guard Orders.
(d) Fragmentary Order.
3. Who is described as the only Muslim in the narrator's platoon in "After Action Report"?
(a) Lance Corporal MacClelland.
(b) Corporal Moore.
(c) Lance Corporal Jobrani.
(d) Corporal Weissert.
4. Who leads the 2nd Fire Team in "FRAGO"?
(a) Corporal Sweet.
(b) Corporal Moore.
(c) Corporal Weissert.
(d) Corporal Craig.
5. How long after graduating boot camp is the narrator deployed to Iraq for the first time in "Bodies"?
(a) 1 year later.
(b) 2 months later.
(c) 6 months later.
(d) 10 months later.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the acronym EOD represent?
2. How much does the MRAP weigh that is described by the narrator in "After Action Report"?
3. What does the narrator put into Dyer's hand in the end of "FRAGO"?
4. What type of project is described as "big" by Bob in “Money as a Weapons System”?
5. Who is the Chief Engineer working with Nathan in “Money as a Weapons System”?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator describe his trip to a local mall in “Redeployment”?
2. What does the narrator do in the end of “Redeployment”? Why?
3. What irony is related regarding Rachel in “Bodies”?
4. What symbolism is depicted in the story titled “FRAGO”? What does the narrator’s experience represent?
5. What killing has taken place in “After Action Report”? Why does the narrator take credit for the killing?
6. What internal conflict plagues Timhead in “After Action Report”?
7. Who is the narrator of “Bodies”? How does this narrator describe his feelings about the war in the story?
8. What literary element dominates “Money as a Weapons System”?
9. How does the theme of guilt apply to the narrator in “Money as a Weapons System”?
10. What do the military medals in “OIF” represent symbolically?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)