|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator's wife's name in "Redeployment"?
2. For what organization do the Marines presume the torture has been recorded in "FRAGO"?
(a) Abu Sayyaf.
(c) Al Ghurabaa.
(d) Takfir wal-Hijra.
3. Who in the narrator's platoon was injured enough to be sent out of Iraq after the MRAP attack?
(a) Big Man.
(c) Lance Corporal Jobrani.
(d) Corporal Moore.
4. What video game does the narrator describe playing in "After Action Report"?
(a) Grand Theft Auto.
(c) New Vice City.
(d) Knock Out.
5. Who is the Chief Engineer working with Nathan in “Money as a Weapons System”?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as "the sober Mormon" in "Redeployment"?
2. Where does Cpl Sweet get shot in "FRAGO"?
3. How old is Cindy in “Money as a Weapons System”?
4. What type of project is described as "big" by Bob in “Money as a Weapons System”?
5. What military slang term is used in "OIF" to describe non-infantry, non-combat soldiers or staff?
Short Essay Questions
1. What internal conflict plagues Timhead in “After Action Report”?
2. How would you describe the language style of “OIF”? Why do you think the author employs this style?
3. Describe the narrative style in “Money as a Weapons System.” What is the narrator’s perspective on the war in the beginning of the story?
4. Who is Rachel, and what role does she play in the story “Bodies”?
5. What is symbolized by the death of the Iraqi boy in “After Action Report”?
6. What literary element dominates “Money as a Weapons System”?
7. What was the narrator’s position in the military in “Bodies”? How did this position affect him?
8. What is symbolized by the baseball uniforms in “Money as a Weapons System”?
9. Who is the narrator of “Bodies”? How does this narrator describe his feelings about the war in the story?
10. Who is the narrator of “After Action Report”? What is taking place when this story begins?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)