|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chris suggests Nathan teach Iraqi widows in “Money as a Weapons System”?
(b) How to read.
(c) Factory work.
2. What is the narrator's wife's name in "Redeployment"?
3. What does DI stand for in "OIF"?
(a) Drive Instructor.
(b) Double Indemnity.
(c) Detail Instructor.
(d) Drill Instructor.
4. What does the acronym OEF stand for in the narrative?
(a) Operation Enduring Freedom.
(b) Operation Extant Fury.
(c) Operational Engagement of Fiirst Deployed.
(d) Operation Engaged Fighting.
5. What does the military acronym SSTP represent?
(a) Special Surgical Trauma Protocol.
(b) Standard Surgical Trauma Position.
(c) Special State Thread Protocol.
(d) Surgical Shock Trauma Platoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator's enlistment code in "OIF"?
2. What does the narrator do when he opens his mail to find pictures of his naked girlfriend in "Bodies"?
3. Who shoots the young Iraqi boy in "After Action Report"?
4. When does Nathan arrive in Tikrit in “Money as a Weapons System”?
5. What type of device is described by the narrator in "OIF" as one that sets off multiple blasts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What symbolism is depicted in the story titled “FRAGO”? What does the narrator’s experience represent?
2. What decision does the narrator make at the end of “OIF”? Why?
3. How are IEDs defined in “OIF”? How are daisy chains described?
4. What literary element dominates “Money as a Weapons System”?
5. Who is the narrator of “Bodies”? How does this narrator describe his feelings about the war in the story?
6. How does the narrator feel when turning in his rifle after deployment in “Redeployment”?
7. What is symbolized by the baseball uniforms in “Money as a Weapons System”?
8. What is discovered in the basement in “FRAGO”? How do the Marines enter the basement?
9. What does the narrator do in the end of “Redeployment”? Why?
10. How does the narrator describe his trip to a local mall in “Redeployment”?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)