|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jenks say his first thought was when he came to after his injury in "War Stories"?
(a) His gun.
(b) His dog.
(c) His wife.
(d) His family.
2. What is Zara's last name in "Psychological Operations"?
3. Where is the priest serving in the end of "Prayer in the Furnace"?
(a) Camp Lejeune.
(b) Camp Scott.
(c) Camp Dover.
(d) Camp Zima.
4. Who tells the priest that a Marine in the battalion has been diagnosed with Combat Stress but is performing his duties efficiently in "Prayer in the Furnace"?
(a) Sergeant Haupert.
(b) Lance Corporal Jobrani.
(c) Sergeant Kurtz.
(d) Major Zima.
5. Who is the terrorist leader described in "Psychological Operations"?
(a) Hamida al-Attas.
(b) Osama bin Laden.
(c) Omar bin Laden.
(d) Laith al-Tawhid.
6. What word from "War Stories" refers to fragmentation thrown out by an exploding bomb or shell?
7. How many have died in Rodriguez's battalion in the past four months in "Prayer in the Furnace"?
8. What does Boylan's voice remind the narrator of in “Unless it’s a Sucking Chest Wound”?
(a) New York.
9. What is Rodriguez covered in during the beginning of "Prayer in the Furnace"?
(a) Machine oil.
10. What is the priest's former career in "Prayer in the Furnace"?
(a) He is a former boxer.
(b) He is a former banker.
(c) He is a former teacher.
(d) He is a former lawyer.
11. What role did Waguih play in PsyOps?
(a) He was a translator.
(b) He was a medic.
(c) He was an engineer.
(d) He worked in the mortuary.
12. For how long has the narrator's unit been in Iraq in the beginning of "Ten Kliks South"?
(a) 8 months.
(b) 5 months.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 1 month.
13. What word from "In Vietnam They Had Whores" refers to the seasonal wind of the Indian Ocean and southern Asia?
14. What is Deetz eating in "Ten Kliks South"?
(b) Ravioli and Pop-Tarts.
(d) Salisbury steak.
15. What kind of music does Waguih describe the American troops playing on loudspeakers in Iraq?
(a) Broadway music.
(b) Rap music.
(c) Opera music.
(d) Country music.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the team leader that tells the narrator that girls like war heroes in "In Vietnam They Had Whores"?
2. How much money per year does the narrator's new job pay in “Unless it’s a Sucking Chest Wound”?
3. Who reads aloud Jenks's words about his injury in "War Stories"?
4. What word from "In Vietnam They Had Whores" refers to an uncomfortably warm environment?
5. Why does Zara report Waguih to school authorities in "Psychological Operations"?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)