|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who fired the weapon that was used in the attack in "Ten Kliks South"?
(a) The narrator.
2. What does Boylan say has ruined his chances for promotion to major in “Unless it’s a Sucking Chest Wound”?
(a) He was cited for insubordination.
(b) He got a DUI.
(c) He was injured too badly.
(d) He committed treason.
3. What happens to the terrorist leader in Waguih's story in "Psychological Operations"?
(a) He is killed by the Marines.
(b) He escapes to Afghanistan.
(c) He attacks and kills an entire Marine troop.
(d) He escapes to Egypt.
4. What is Vockler's military unit when he is killed?
(a) 2nd Battalion, 7th Marines.
(b) 3rd Battalion, 2nd Marines.
(c) 1st Battalion, 9th Marines.
(d) 1st Battalion, 2nd Marines.
5. What do the narrator's friends call him in “Unless it’s a Sucking Chest Wound”?
(a) "The Drill Sergeant."
(c) "The Marine."
6. How many have died in Rodriguez's battalion in the past four months in "Prayer in the Furnace"?
7. How was Rodriguez's friend and battalion member recently killed in "Prayer in the Furnace"?
(a) He fell into the river.
(b) He was electrocuted.
(c) He stepped on a land mine.
(d) He was shot by a sniper.
8. Why does Zara report Waguih to school authorities in "Psychological Operations"?
(a) For vandalism.
(b) For making a threat to her.
(c) For raping her roommate.
(d) For drinking on campus.
9. Where does the narrator go with his friend after the memorial service in "In Vietnam They Had Whores"?
(a) The Cat's Meow.
(b) The White Horse.
(c) The Pink Pussycat.
(d) The Pink Flamingo.
10. Where does the narrator attend a memorial service for his team leader in "In Vietnam They Had Whores"?
(a) The Camp Dover chapel.
(b) The Camp Lejeune chapel.
(c) The Camp Tokka chapel.
(d) The Camp David chapel.
11. When did Jenks join the Marine Corps?
(a) Six months after Wilson.
(b) A year before Wilson.
(c) At the same time as Wilson.
(d) A year after Wilson.
12. Who is the terrorist leader described in "Psychological Operations"?
(a) Laith al-Tawhid.
(b) Hamida al-Attas.
(c) Omar bin Laden.
(d) Osama bin Laden.
13. What is Sarah's profession in "War Stories"?
(a) She is an actress.
(b) She is a doctor.
(c) She is a journalist.
(d) She is a waitress.
14. By the end of deployment, how many men in Rodriguez's battalion have been injured in "Prayer in the Furnace"?
(a) About 50.
(b) Under 20.
(c) Over 100.
(d) About 30.
15. Where has the narrator completed law school in “Unless it’s a Sucking Chest Wound”?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) Princeton University.
(c) Columbia University.
(d) New York University.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Marines are sitting at the table in the beginning of "Ten Kliks South"?
2. What word from "Psychological Operations" refers to a policy of extending a country's power and influence through diplomacy or military force?
3. What medication and hormone is described in "War Stories"?
4. Who is the narrator of "War Stories"?
5. What is given to the narrator before his deployment in "In Vietnam They Had Whores"?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)