|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sarah's profession in "War Stories"?
(a) She is a doctor.
(b) She is a waitress.
(c) She is an actress.
(d) She is a journalist.
2. What did Wilson and Jenks spend most of their time doing when deployed in Iraq?
(b) Cleaning bodies for Morturary Affairs.
(c) Sending radio signals.
(d) Building and repairing roads.
3. What word from "War Stories" refers to fragmentation thrown out by an exploding bomb or shell?
4. What do the narrator's friends call him in “Unless it’s a Sucking Chest Wound”?
(b) "The Drill Sergeant."
(c) "The Marine."
5. What is Voorstadt eating in the beginning of "Ten Kliks South"?
(a) Spaghetti and hot sauce.
(b) Ravioli and Pop-Tarts.
(c) Potato soup.
6. How would you describe the narrative style of the stories in Redeployment?
(a) Half are related in first-person and half are related in third-person.
(b) They are all related in first-person from different perspectives.
(c) They are all related by the same first-person narrator.
(d) They are all related from a third-person omniscient narrator.
7. What does Boylan say has ruined his chances for promotion to major in “Unless it’s a Sucking Chest Wound”?
(a) He committed treason.
(b) He was injured too badly.
(c) He got a DUI.
(d) He was cited for insubordination.
8. How are the women described at the strip club the narrator goes to in "In Vietnam They Had Whores"?
(a) Very attractive.
(b) Very young.
9. How many Marines are sitting at the table in the beginning of "Ten Kliks South"?
10. Who is the narrator sitting next to that he describes as "our number one guy" in the beginning of "Ten Kliks South"?
11. What does Rodgriguez ask the priest in their second meeting in "Prayer in the Furnace"?
(a) Whether a person goes to hell for adultery.
(b) Whether a person goes to hell for not stopping a murder.
(c) Whether a person goes to hell for not caring about the war.
(d) Whether a person goes to hell for murdering a civilian.
12. What award was the citation seeking that the narrator wrote for Boylan's friend in “Unless it’s a Sucking Chest Wound”?
(a) The Purple Heart.
(b) The Bronze Star.
(c) The Navy Cross.
(d) The Medal of Honor.
13. What is given to the narrator before his deployment in "In Vietnam They Had Whores"?
(a) A cigarette case.
(b) A pocket watch.
(c) A metal cross.
(d) A locket.
14. How far is Haditha from Baghdad?
(a) 240 miles.
(b) 122 miles.
(c) 25 miles.
(d) 150 miles.
15. What is Jessie's disability in "War Stories"?
(a) She is missing a finger.
(b) She is a paraplegic.
(c) She is missing a leg.
(d) She is deaf.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fired the weapon that was used in the attack in "Ten Kliks South"?
2. Who is the terrorist leader described in "Psychological Operations"?
3. How does the narrator say it's "supposed to feel" to have killed someone in "Ten Kliks South"?
4. Why was Waguih kicked out of his family home?
5. Who tells the priest that a Marine in the battalion has been diagnosed with Combat Stress but is performing his duties efficiently in "Prayer in the Furnace"?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)