|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the narrator's friends call him in “Unless it’s a Sucking Chest Wound”?
(c) "The Drill Sergeant."
(d) "The Marine."
2. What does Jenks say his first thought was when he came to after his injury in "War Stories"?
(a) His wife.
(b) His family.
(c) His dog.
(d) His gun.
3. What does Deetz say a person would be charged with for killing in America with the weapons used in Iraq in "Ten Kliks South"?
4. What is Sarah's profession in "War Stories"?
(a) She is a journalist.
(b) She is a doctor.
(c) She is an actress.
(d) She is a waitress.
5. Why did Waguih join the military?
(a) To attain revenge for his brother's death.
(b) To commit espionage.
(c) To help college costs and make his father proud.
(d) To attain revenge on his father.
6. How many people is "platoon sized" estimated to be in "Ten Kliks South"?
7. What does Boylan's voice remind the narrator of in “Unless it’s a Sucking Chest Wound”?
(d) New York.
8. What is the nickname of the narrator's friend and fellow Marine in "In Vietnam They Had Whores"?
(b) Baby Face.
(c) Old Man.
9. What word from "Ten Kliks South" refers to a type of artillery piece characterized by a relatively short barrel and the use of comparatively small propellant charges to propel projectiles at relatively high trajectories?
(c) Daisy Chain.
10. Where are Rodriguez and the priest standing in the beginning of "Prayer in the Furnace"?
(a) Outside of the chapel.
(b) Outside of Charlie Medical.
(c) Outside of Camp Lejeune.
(d) Outside of the first battalion's zone.
11. According to the storyteller in "In Vietnam They Had Whores," what would happen in Vietnam if a prostitute from a white brothel was caught servicing a black man?
(a) She'd be beaten or murdered.
(b) She'd be sent to North Korea.
(c) She'd be forced to marry him.
(d) She'd be put in jail.
12. What was the narrator's position during his second deployment to Fallujah in “Unless it’s a Sucking Chest Wound”?
(a) He was an adjutant.
(b) He was a mortician.
(c) He was a medic.
(d) He was in military police.
13. How many have died in Rodriguez's battalion in the past four months in "Prayer in the Furnace"?
14. Who is the terrorist leader described in "Psychological Operations"?
(a) Omar bin Laden.
(b) Osama bin Laden.
(c) Hamida al-Attas.
(d) Laith al-Tawhid.
15. How does the narrator say it's "supposed to feel" to have killed someone in "Ten Kliks South"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many surgeries did Jenks undergo during his recovery?
2. Who has just been pronounced dead in the beginning of "Prayer in the Furnace"?
3. Where does the narrator attend a memorial service for his team leader in "In Vietnam They Had Whores"?
4. What question does the narrator ask Boylan at the end of “Unless it’s a Sucking Chest Wound”?
5. What word from "War Stories" refers to fragmentation thrown out by an exploding bomb or shell?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)