|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator of "After Action Report"?
(a) Lance Corporal Suba.
(b) Lance Corporal MacClelland.
(c) Corporal Moore.
(d) Corporal Garza.
2. What is the narrator's enlistment code in "OIF"?
3. What does the narrator put into Dyer's hand in the end of "FRAGO"?
(a) A fork.
(b) A spoon.
(c) A knife.
(d) A gun.
4. What happens to the Marine whose legs are blown off in the explosion in "OIF"?
(a) He goes on to become Corporal.
(b) He dies in surgery.
(c) He recovers and is awarded a Purple Heart.
(d) He is dishonorably discharged.
5. What does the narrator do when he opens his mail to find pictures of his naked girlfriend in "Bodies"?
(a) He gives the pictures to the corporal.
(b) He throws the pictures out the window.
(c) He lights the pictures on fire.
(d) He stuffs the pictures in his mouth.
6. Who introduces Nathan to Cindy in “Money as a Weapons System”?
7. How does the narrator of "Bodies" differentiate how women and men prefer hearing Iraq stories?
(a) Men like them morbid and women like them vague.
(b) Men like them sad and women like them funny.
(c) Men like them funny and women like them sad.
(d) Men like them conflicted and women like them simple.
8. What is the narrator's hometown in "Bodies"?
(b) St. Louis.
9. Who has said in “Money as a Weapons System” that "sports diplomacy" could lead to democracy in Iraq?
(a) Sergeant Green.
(c) Major Zima.
(d) Chris Roper.
10. What does "Istalquall" mean in English?
(c) The enemy.
11. Who is the fellow Marine that points out the dogs drinking blood in "Redeployment"?
12. When was the narrator first told the story about the body bag in "Bodies"?
13. How does the narrator describe his feelings for the PFC that died in the end of "OIF"?
(a) He loved him.
(b) He resented him.
(c) He hated him.
(d) He made fun of him.
14. Who is described as "the sober Mormon" in "Redeployment"?
(a) Captain O'Leary.
(b) Corporal Weissert.
(c) Sergeant Price.
(d) Corporal Craig.
15. What type of device is described by the narrator in "OIF" as one that sets off multiple blasts?
(a) A Stairway.
(b) A Triple-Wheel.
(c) A Railroad Connection.
(d) A Daisy Chain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the acronym "MRAP" represent?
2. Who drops off several baseball uniforms for the local Iraqi boys in “Money as a Weapons System”?
3. When does Nathan arrive in Tikrit in “Money as a Weapons System”?
4. Whose desk is Nathan instructed to take at his new office in Tikrit in “Money as a Weapons System”?
5. Who orders five beers at once during the refueling stop in "Redeployment"?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)