|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through “War Stories”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has just been pronounced dead in the beginning of "Prayer in the Furnace"?
(a) Denton Fujita.
(b) Major Zima.
(c) Corporal Garza.
(d) Lance Corporal Jobrani.
2. Whom does the narrator describe covered in blood in "Redeployment"?
3. What is the narrator's wife's name in "Redeployment"?
4. What does the narrator do when he opens his mail to find pictures of his naked girlfriend in "Bodies"?
(a) He gives the pictures to the corporal.
(b) He stuffs the pictures in his mouth.
(c) He throws the pictures out the window.
(d) He lights the pictures on fire.
5. What does the narrator urge Dyer to get at the cafeteria in "FRAGO"?
(d) Cherry cobbler.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the storyteller in "In Vietnam They Had Whores," what would happen in Vietnam if a prostitute from a white brothel was caught servicing a black man?
2. How is the narrator's hometown described in "Bodies"?
3. Where does the narrator go with his friend after the memorial service in "In Vietnam They Had Whores"?
4. How many men in Rodriguez's battalion have been killed by the end of deployment in "Prayer in the Furnace"?
5. How does the narrator of "Bodies" differentiate how women and men prefer hearing Iraq stories?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)