|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through “Prayer in the Furnace”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what organization do the Marines presume the torture has been recorded in "FRAGO"?
(a) Abu Sayyaf.
(c) Takfir wal-Hijra.
(d) Al Ghurabaa.
2. Who has just been pronounced dead in the beginning of "Prayer in the Furnace"?
(a) Denton Fujita.
(b) Corporal Garza.
(c) Lance Corporal Jobrani.
(d) Major Zima.
3. Where is the priest serving in the end of "Prayer in the Furnace"?
(a) Camp Lejeune.
(b) Camp Zima.
(c) Camp Scott.
(d) Camp Dover.
4. How does the narrator describe Rachel's views on war in "Bodies"?
(a) She was anti-nationalist.
(b) She was a pacifist.
(c) She supported the Iraq War.
(d) She was an anarchist.
5. What operative name does the narrator describe for the activity of shooting dogs in "Redeployment"?
(a) Operation Scooby.
(b) Operation Stimpy.
(c) Operation Old Yeller.
(d) Operation GoGo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the narrator describe covered in blood in "Redeployment"?
2. What word refers to language peculiar to a particular trade, profession, or group?
3. Who is the DI the narrator describes having beaten an Iraqi to death with a radio in "After Action Report"?
4. Where is the first female that the narrator sees during his deployment in "In Vietnam They Had Whores"?
5. How are the women described at the strip club the narrator goes to in "In Vietnam They Had Whores"?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)