|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the shallow drawer of Yegudkin's desk in his office?
2. What does Dale say to Jack as he is standing at the door?
3. In what orchestra does Yegudkin play before he comes to New York?
4. What does Jack say to his father while he stands in the living room door?
5. A few nights after his lunch with Phoebe, what does Jack notice when he comes into the kitchen after work one evening?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Based on the various pieces of information and historical references, approximately when does this story take place? Justify your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Jack describe Phoebe as his "sole ally, already half traitor"?
Essay Topic 3
Jack did not stop the tractor once it had begun dragging the cultipacker over his brother's body. In the second sentence the narrator explains Jack could have applied the brakes and saved his brother. What are some possible reasons Jack did not stop the tractor but stood and watched his brother die instead?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)