|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack use each night to take off his boots?
2. What are the names of Jack's aunt and uncle who are in the house for Dale's homecoming?
3. What kinds of things does Yegudkin play on the horn?
4. What is Jack's horn teacher's nickname?
5. Where does Yegudkin give his lessons on Saturdays?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jack's mother says "that horn's his whole world." Is this indeed true? What else does Jack have in his life?
Essay Topic 2
The narrator compares Jack working out his feeling while he works on the farm to acting on a stage. What is Jack's stage? What is his performance? Who is his audience?
Essay Topic 3
As Yegudkin plays the horn, Jack is carried away by the man's skill and art. Describe the scene, and discuss the images used to describe Yegudkin's playing.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)