|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the graduate student react to his teacher's horn playing?
2. What does Yedugkin wear to work every day?
3. What does Jack's father do when he sees his son standing in the doorway?
4. In what orchestra does Yegudkin play before he comes to New York?
5. What is the foundation note for the horn Yegudkin is playing?
Essay Topic 1
Jack did not stop the tractor once it had begun dragging the cultipacker over his brother's body. In the second sentence the narrator explains Jack could have applied the brakes and saved his brother. What are some possible reasons Jack did not stop the tractor but stood and watched his brother die instead?
Essay Topic 2
The women in the story play minor roles yet are important to moving the story forward. Choose two women in "Redemption" and discuss their roles and the importance of those roles in the story.
Essay Topic 3
Three of the characters in this short story, Dale, Jack and Yegudkin, find redemption in their lives. What is each man's form of redemption? Compare and contrast them.
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)