Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does his family think about Jack's means of coping with his emotions?
2. How does Yegudkin react to the question Jack asks him when Yegudkin has finished playing?
3. What makes Jack turn his head and look up while he is thinking and preparing the cows for milking in the barn?
4. What does Dale say to Jack as he is standing at the door?
5. With whom does Jack take his horn lessons?
Essay Topic 1
On the farm, Jack has two primary responsibilities: tending to the cows in the mornings and working the fields. Compare and contrast these two jobs in relation to how Jack responds to each one.
Essay Topic 2
Based on the various pieces of information and historical references, approximately when does this story take place? Justify your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Three of the characters in this short story, Dale, Jack and Yegudkin, find redemption in their lives. What is each man's form of redemption? Compare and contrast them.
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)