|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What musical instrument is in the living room?
2. What does Yegudkin say to Jack at the end of their lesson?
3. How old is Yegudkin when we meet him?
4. How does Yegudkin react to the question Jack asks him when Yegudkin has finished playing?
5. Where does Jack take his French horn lessons?
Essay Topic 1
When Jack asks Yegudkin, "You think I'll ever play like that?" Yegudkin laughs loudly and says, "Play like me?" What does Yegudkin mean by his reply, and how does it affect Jack?
Essay Topic 2
Both Jack and his father are artists. How do each of them use their art to express their sadness?
Essay Topic 3
The narrator compares Jack working out his feeling while he works on the farm to acting on a stage. What is Jack's stage? What is his performance? Who is his audience?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)