|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. A few nights after his lunch with Phoebe, what does Jack notice when he comes into the kitchen after work one evening?
2. What does his family think about Jack's means of coping with his emotions?
3. What is one thing Dale does after being home a month?
4. What does Yegudkin do while Jack is playing the horn at his lesson?
5. How does Jack speak when he talks to his father at his homecoming?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dale Hawthorne is described as being in the throws of a religious crisis after the death of his son. What is his spiritual crisis, and how does he deal with it?
Essay Topic 2
Both Jack and his father are artists. How do each of them use their art to express their sadness?
Essay Topic 3
As he is working on the tractor after his brother's death, Jack sees the field he is plowing and sees "stones lay everywhere, yellowed in the sunlight, a field of misshapen skulls." Discuss this image.
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)