|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the look in Yegudkin's eyes as he handles the Alexander?
2. A few nights after his lunch with Phoebe, what does Jack notice when he comes into the kitchen after work one evening?
3. Who takes Yegudkin and his wife away from their home?
4. How does Jack react to his father's exposing his family's writings?
5. To whom is Yegudkin giving the Alexander?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dale Hawthorne is described as being in the throws of a religious crisis after the death of his son. What is his spiritual crisis, and how does he deal with it?
Essay Topic 2
Based on the various pieces of information and historical references, approximately when does this story take place? Justify your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Who are Dale and Betty Hawthorne? What are they like before the accident and after? How does the death of their son affect them?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)