|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yegudkin tell Jack of Russia and its power?
(a) He describes Russian tanks, Siberia, and Czar Nicholi.
(b) He describes the display of weaponry, Russian cunning, and Napoleon.
(c) He describes the difference between communism and democracy.
(d) He describes Kiev, Russian cities, and Russian politics.
2. In Dale's story, whose skull is Lord Byron trying to make into a drinking cup?
(d) King Richard's
3. Since his return home, what about Dale's public readings does Jack disdain?
(a) He believes his father is being dishonest with people.
(b) He thinks his father is faking just to get attention.
(c) He dislikes the way his father creates fake accents when reading.
(d) He scorns the poems and the way his father speaks to the listeners.
4. What is one thing Dale does after being home a month?
(a) He takes over the grocery shopping.
(b) He begins reciting again poetry at the Grange.
(c) He begins writing love poems.
(d) He begins to come home drunk
5. How does Jack describe the memory of his brother's death?
(a) A sad memory.
(b) A black memory.
(c) An ugly memory.
(d) An unforgettable memory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack see as he starts up the tractor after lunch to go back to work?
2. What is another thing Dale begins doing after being home for a month?
3. Where does Yegudkin give his lessons on Saturdays?
4. What kind of motorcycle does Jack's father have?
5. What is the only reason Jack's father does not make good on his motorcycle fantasies?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)