|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Phoebe ask Jack as he begins his lunch?
(a) If he wants a napkin.
(b) If he wants to join the others.
(c) If he needs more to drink.
(d) If he wants to say grace.
2. How does Phoebe feel about having lunch with her brother?
(a) She is happy to get out of the house and away from her chores.
(b) She is disappointed her mother does not join them.
(c) She is angry that she has to carry the heavy basket up the hill.
(d) She is sad to see Jack sitting all alone.
3. How old is the youngest child at the time of the accident?
4. When Jack enters his home after riding the tractor home in the thunderstorm, how does he behave?
(a) He is friendly.
(b) He is furous.
(c) He is silent.
(d) He is aloof.
5. What does Jack do when he finally enters the living room?
(a) He stands next to his father and pats his back.
(b) He kneels next to his father and puts his arm around him.
(c) He stands next to his aunt and uncle.
(d) He sits next to his mother on the couch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What recitation of his father's does Jack recall as he suffers his anger and grief?
2. In what orchestra does Yegudkin play before he comes to New York?
3. What does his family think about Jack's means of coping with his emotions?
4. What position does Jack play in the orchestra?
5. In the opening of the story, who dies in April?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)