|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what is Dale Hawthorne well-known in his town?
(a) His prize winning cows.
(b) His drinking.
(c) His poetry and his poetry readings.
(d) His drunken fights.
2. What kinds of things does Jack's mother insist her children do?
(a) School, tennis lessons, chores, and laundry.
(b) School, chores, music lessons, and art lessons.
(c) Music lessons, school, church groups and chores.
(d) Music lessons, playdates with friends and early bedtimes.
3. What is one of the story themes Jack uses again and again?
(a) Joining the police force and fighting criminals.
(b) Becoming a superhero.
(c) Heroic battles with escaped convicts.
(d) Being a football player in college.
4. What recitation of his father's does Jack recall as he suffers his anger and grief?
(a) Silas Marner's monologue.
(b) Cicero's final speech.
(c) Mark Antony's condemnation.
(d) Brutus' soliloquy.
5. How do Phoebe and Jack's mother react to Dale's return?
(a) The are screaming at him for being gone.
(b) They are laughing and happy.
(c) They are quiet and listening to Dale's stories.
(d) They are crying and hugging him.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Yegudkin giving the Alexander?
2. How does the narrator describe Yegudkin's playing the French horn?
3. How does Jack speak when he talks to his father at his homecoming?
4. What does Yegudkin tell Jack of Russia and its power?
5. Who is working and helping to harvest the fields with Jack?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)