|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dale react to being home?
(a) He works, prays and drinks.
(b) He spends his time isolated and quiet.
(c) He smokes, paces and rides his motorcycle.
(d) He talks to his brothers about redemption.
2. Where on the farm does Jack work with his uncles?
(a) In the silo shoveling grain.
(b) In the fields with the tractors.
(c) In the back forty with the cultipacker.
(d) In the dairy barn with the cows.
3. For what does Jack's father often abandon his wife and children?
(a) Trips to the city to gamble.
(b) Camping in the Rockies.
(c) Drinking binges.
(d) Love affairs with other women.
4. How does Jack react to his father's exposing his family's writings?
(a) Jack applauds loudly.
(b) Jack gets very angry and yells at his father.
(c) Jack gets very angry, but does not speak.
(d) Jack stands up and leaves.
5. How does Phoebe feel about having lunch with her brother?
(a) She is sad to see Jack sitting all alone.
(b) She is happy to get out of the house and away from her chores.
(c) She is angry that she has to carry the heavy basket up the hill.
(d) She is disappointed her mother does not join them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one habit Jack's father takes up after the accident?
2. Who takes Yegudkin and his wife away from their home?
3. When Jack approaches the berry bushes, what does he notice escaping from them?
4. What is Jack referring to when he says "it was what life ought to be, what he'd once believed it was."?
5. How does Jack speak when he talks to his father at his homecoming?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)