|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that makes Jack crazy once his good feelings wear off?
(a) The fact that his father is gone.
(b) The amount of work to do on the farm.
(c) The stupidity of the cows.
(d) The lack of rain.
2. What is Jack's mother's support system after the accident?
(a) Her many close, religious friends who visit often and care for her.
(b) Eating and watching television alone.
(c) She does not have one.
(d) Reading and writing poetry.
3. What is one thing Dale does after being home a month?
(a) He takes over the grocery shopping.
(b) He begins writing love poems.
(c) He begins reciting again poetry at the Grange.
(d) He begins to come home drunk
4. What does Jack drink from the thermos Phoebe brings him?
(a) Iced tea.
(b) Iced water.
(d) Cold milk.
5. Where is Jack when he is making up his stories?
(a) Milking the cows.
(b) Riding on the tractor at work.
(c) Sitting in his bed at night.
(d) In the shower.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jack enters his home after riding the tractor home in the thunderstorm, how does he behave?
2. Who does Jack's father blame for his son's death?
3. To whom does Jack confide in and tell his tractor stories?
4. What is the kitchen like in Jack's house?
5. What kind of motorcycle does Jack's father have?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)