|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jack enters his home after riding the tractor home in the thunderstorm, how does he behave?
(a) He is friendly.
(b) He is aloof.
(c) He is silent.
(d) He is furous.
2. What is one habit Jack's father takes up after the accident?
(a) Talking in his sleep.
(b) Eating constantly.
(c) Drinking beer all day.
(d) Chain smoking Lucky Strikes.
3. How does Jack describe the memory of his brother's death?
(a) A sad memory.
(b) A black memory.
(c) An ugly memory.
(d) An unforgettable memory.
4. What time of day is it when Jack brings in the herd from the upper pasture?
(a) Late evening.
(b) Early afternoon.
(d) Early morning.
5. Where on the farm does Jack work with his uncles?
(a) In the back forty with the cultipacker.
(b) In the dairy barn with the cows.
(c) In the silo shoveling grain.
(d) In the fields with the tractors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack do while riding on the tractor?
2. When Jack is on the tractor and a storm begins, what does he do?
3. What happens to Jack when he has painful thoughts on the tractor?
4. Where does Jack feel a sense of belonging when he is working?
5. What does Jack tell the girls of his made-up stories?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)