|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jack feel when he is in the barn with the cows and other animals?
(a) He feels at home and almost pleasant.
(b) He feels remorseful and guilty.
(c) He feels lonely and frightened.
(d) He feels confused and anxious.
2. How does the narrator describe Jack's father before the accident?
(a) A faithful husband and a fair minded, genial farmer.
(b) A reckless man with little control over his family.
(c) An unfatihful husband and a bad neighbor.
(d) A gentle but stupid farmer.
3. In Dale's story, whose skull is Lord Byron trying to make into a drinking cup?
(d) King Richard's
4. What does Jack do to try and block out the raging in his head?
(a) He waves his hands at the sky.
(b) He stomps his feet and screams.
(c) He grinds his teeth.
(d) He pounds his fist on his head.
5. What does one of Betty's friends say to her about Jack?
(a) "This is your son, Betty?"
(b) "My, what long blond hair he has!"
(c) "My, what big hands he has!"
(d) "He has gotten so tall!"
Short Answer Questions
1. What sight does Jack see when he remembers his brother's death?
2. What does Jack tell the girls of his made-up stories?
3. When Jack is on the tractor and a storm begins, what does he do?
4. What is it that makes Jack crazy once his good feelings wear off?
5. While riding on the tractor, what things does Jack say about himself to himself?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)